Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jumanji UPick Mafia - Survivor Win!

Comments

• Options
    Pandorrax4Pandorrax4 Posts: 725 Member
    I'm also a bit sus of Nush. Nush said his hubby was working all day outside. Yet Nush was too "busy" to take a few seconds to reply to Mouse's pm and select a card? Maybe, but I'm not totally buying it. I still have that nagging remembrance of Nush choosing to play an alien role last time he had a choice to pick.

I don't think Nush would make something up about his husband though - or being that busy. BUT at the same time, if he didn't get to choose that could mean that it is fully possible he received some kind of scum role and now has to backtrack to find a way to play it unexpectedly.
  • Options
    Also a quick comment on the setup. Last time we had a setup like this, there were only 3 town, 2 mafia and 2 aliens. So town could easily be outnumbered. We have to idea of how many scum we are dealing with and what factions. We could have mafia, sk, and aliens out there, and who knows how many of each?

Even scarier to me is there may be other 3rd parties out there that I am not even aware of them existing. Especially, in a game run by Mouse. :p

That's the main thing about this set-up I'm noticing. There could seriously be ANY role out there. We have no idea what craziness anyone could be/have. It's literally a shot in the dark right now.
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Pandorrax4 wrote: »
    I'm also a bit sus of Nush. Nush said his hubby was working all day outside. Yet Nush was too "busy" to take a few seconds to reply to Mouse's pm and select a card? Maybe, but I'm not totally buying it. I still have that nagging remembrance of Nush choosing to play an alien role last time he had a choice to pick.

I don't think Nush would make something up about his husband though - or being that busy. BUT at the same time, if he didn't get to choose that could mean that it is fully possible he received some kind of scum role and now has to backtrack to find a way to play it unexpectedly.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not saying that Nush made up a story about his hubby working outside all day. I believe that.

I'm am saying I'm a bit skeptical in believing he was too "busy" to pick a role on a pm. However, we only were given a 2 hr window I think when the cards were pm'd to us.

What I AM saying though is that there is the possibility that Nush was left with a scummy card and he's trying to play it off as he didn't choose it to deflect sus away from himself. Sorry if I didn't make that more clearer in my last post.

And I do believe we are dealing with a lot of scum here. Question is who and how many? :#
  • Options

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not saying that Nush made up a story about his hubby working outside all day. I believe that.

I'm am saying I'm a bit skeptical in believing he was too "busy" to pick a role on a pm. However, we only were given a 2 hr window I think when the cards were pm'd to us.

What I AM saying though is that there is the possibility that Nush was left with a scummy card and he's trying to play it off as he didn't choose it to deflect sus away from himself. Sorry if I didn't make that more clearer in my last post.

And I do believe we are dealing with a lot of scum here. Question is who and how many? :#

No, I'm sorry that I did not understand fully! Yes, I totally could see that part of trying to play it off. That does seem a little sus. Now I'm not FULLY sus just yet but definitely good information to keep in the back of my head.
  • Options
    afk for a bit. gotta run some errands and get lunch.
  • Options
    I kinda expected Bella to at least make an appearance late last night. She is in cst so I had expected to hear from her at least by 11pm or midnight. It is typical for Bella to only be on for short periods of time at various times during the day. Probably why she often gets whacked wrongly as scum when she is town.

Yeah being that we are what, less than 6 hours away from D1 ending - I really thought she would've made an appearance....hmmm Could it be another plumbing issues or a deflection? When she is scummy, would she normally stay away as much as possible?
  • Options
    I kinda expected Bella to at least make an appearance late last night. She is in cst so I had expected to hear from her at least by 11pm or midnight. It is typical for Bella to only be on for short periods of time at various times during the day. Probably why she often gets whacked wrongly as scum when she is town.

Yeah being that we are what, less than 6 hours away from D1 ending - I really thought she would've made an appearance....hmmm Could it be another plumbing issues or a deflection? When she is scummy, would she normally stay away as much as possible?

Bella is almost never on very much. She's a busy 20 year old. Which is why she often gets wrongfully whacked due to sus inactivity. :'(

Gotta go! be back in a few hours.
  • Options
    I'm off to work now, I'll be back to check-in and place my vote when I go on my break!
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    Sorry for not checking in last night, y'all! I was busy with family for most of the day yesterday and then both my phone and the internet were acting up so I just went to bed :sweat_smile:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    hi bella. :)

We're down to just a few hours left. Although, I don't have a strong sus on anybody at this time, I do feel that we should vote somebody out. If there are as many scum out there as I suspect there might be, I may have a 50/50 or better shot at lucking out and picking a scum.
  • Options
    Vote:Nush

Nush hasn't been very helpful to town to this point, so it's as good a guess as any. Plus I just have this unexplainable gut feeling. I could be wrong, certainly wouldn't be the first time and sadly, probably won't be the last time.

I'm looking at it this way. Scum may not want to cast sus on anybody. They may prefer to sit back and let town pick at each other. If I remember correctly, only Bella, Nerd and Nush haven't raised any sus on anybody.

Last time, I voted for Bella due to inactivity and she flipped town. So I'm gonna give Bella the benefit of the doubt for D1. Bella is still a possibility tho.

Nerd also hasn't been very active, which is normal for her I believe. Jury still isn't in on Nerd as well.

I didn't mention DeKay, because she has already self claimed to be a survivor and I believe her.
  • Options
    DeKay wrote: »
    xSongx wrote: »
    I like how literally no one said anything about my claim. XD

Haha I just chalked it up to trying to ignite a conversation XD

Oh. I don’t think someone would fake claim to ignite conversation? I think it’s a fair strategy as Survivor (which I assume means you just have to survive to the end of the game? I’ll read up on that) to inform everyone immediately if you’re not dangerous to them.

That being said, if DeKay isn’t gonna pull her weight for fear of calling out the mafia and we haven’t got another option today, we might as well get her out. Not saying it’s what we will do, but she’s less valuable to us than a townie.

Why would you wanna be mean and kill me and let me lose? I mean, yeah, I'm gonna be useless but if you kill me, you gain nothing and also you reduce the population number and scum will be one step closer to achieving their win con.

Right? There's no reason not to believe your claim (considering that you're not one to lie) and at the beginning of the game, there's no good reason for you to claim such a thing unless it were true. Keyen has done that before (claiming at the start as survivor to coexist with either faction) and it can work out in your favor, so long as everyone else agrees to leave you alone.
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    Hmmm...I just read up on the Survivor role. The Wiki recommends that town elim any known survivors as a survivor could vote on a town allowing the mafia to jump on the vote for a quick hammer and win.

Thoughts on that anybody?

That is certainly a concern, but I really think we have to worry about that with DeKay.

And, is Mouse using hammers or not?
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    Gonna have to clock out for another half hour or so, it's Taco Tuesday 😜

Tacos aren't even that nice. :D

Agreed :sweat_smile:
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    I'm jealous of all y'alls tacos! I had meatloaf which was yummy but not tacos XD

Ewww, meatlof :confounded::joy:
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    Hmmm...I just read up on the Survivor role. The Wiki recommends that town elim any known survivors as a survivor could vote on a town allowing the mafia to jump on the vote for a quick hammer and win.

Thoughts on that anybody?

That is certainly a concern, but I really think we have to worry about that with DeKay.

And, is Mouse using hammers or not?

No hammer. I should not have used that word and just said to establish a quick 50 percent or majority vote.
  • Options
    afk for a bit while Bella reads back.
  • Options
    Y'all, hard shells taste WAY better. I know their not traditional, but you cannot deny that the extra crunch is just *chefs kiss*

No, soft shells are better!

...even if I end up eating hard shells more often just because they're corn and not flour :sweat_smile:
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    I'm also wondering about Nush. Threw away a town bulletproof card. Pretty nice role if you ask me. Last time he picked an alien role and won that game with mouse. So i'm also a bit sus of Nush atm. :p

Yeah, throwing away Town Bulletproof? Definitely a little suspicious. I'm a little tempted to vote for Nush, but I want to know why they discarded it first

Agreed, some reasoning as to why he discarded it would be nice (although I'm currently on page 5, so I'm sure he's said something by now).
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    I had real life come up and couldn't choose in time and got what I was assigned. I was kinda horrified when I saw that Town Bulletproof had been an option, that I could have chosen, had I come in time. Bosh.

Ahh, so Mouse randomized your two role options and bulletproof ended up being the discard? That kinda sucks :confused:
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    Does anyone have any initial thoughts so far?

So far I'm not getting any major reads but would like to hear from Nush as well.

Is Nush the only one that hasn't spoken yet?

Nush is usually on this time of night also. He say that he had anything going on?

I just checked back and nothing about being busy for start of game.

I didn't really see it coming, sorry. Got very busy with real life, and then checked in briefly and saw that my role had been assigned, but didn't even come here then as I had to hop right off again. Then hubs came home really beaten up from dealing with an entire day of air so cold it hurt to breathe, and winds up to 65 mph. He needed real care. After taking care of him and all the chores, here I am. это жизнь.

Anyone ought to know that getting a mafia role would not keep me from the start of the game, and I wouldn't make up some lame cover story for staying away.

This is just a game, after all. Life does take precedence! Hopefully your hubs is feeling better :)
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member

I'm surprised that you think I'd lie about something like that. I can lie like a rug in the game but I won't concoct falsehoods about real life to cover something in-game.

Yes, I was that busy. Jumped on my laptop hoping to have time, got called away, left my laptop open for hours on the recliner on the Sims Forums because I really thought I could get back to it sooner.

Anyway, don't take my word for it: ask Mouse, she knows the truth.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

Haha I just chalked it up to trying to ignite a conversation XD

Why chalk it up tho? I want everyone to see it. Cuz I'm gonna get mad if I get nightkilled. XD

lmao. I don’t see why not to believe it honestly. I can see you picking it over alien. Is it an alignment or a role? Bc if it’s just an alignment, you could still have a role that’s dangerous/good for town. (You don’t have to claim the role if that’s the case, just wondering)

It's just the alignment. I only win when I make it all the way till the end.

I hope for your sake that they won't, then. But I could see them doing it anyway if you're going to be yourself and be an awesome scumhunter. But then again, maybe you're telling them you won't scumhunt, this game? That would be weird: you as mere stowage. And Song has a point, too: that might make you more likely to get voted off. I do wish you luck, though. You're a victim of your own success.

My game plan is to stay as neutral as possible. If I vote or cause accusation, I might actually hit scum and they won't be happy and would kill me. So I'm just not gonna do anything (yes, I know this is really different from my usual playstyle but if I do my normal playstyle, we all know how that's gonna end for me. LOL.)

For anyone who wants to vote me out (maybe later on in the day or some other days), they're probably scum in my mind cuz why would you want to vote someone out who you know is not scum, if you're town. I won't understand the logic. Town's best interest is to get rid of scums.

Yeah, I'm a third party but I'm not like a serial killer or alien so don't worry.

It is an interesting strategy to just sit by and watch the game happen, but I've seen Keyen do it before as survivor and have it work out for him, so...I'm inclined to believe your claim and leave you alone, at least for today. Tomorrow, maybe, after the night kills, but for today? I think you have your strategy and I can see why you're doing it.
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    ok, so Nerd, Song, Pandora (you) and I are all ones who have town roles discarded. I have no idea what bus driver and flagbearer...dimly remember playing a mafia flagbearer once, I think, but can't bring to mind what it does, especially in a town capacity. And so why did you give up the Flying Pumpkin with Laser Beams out the Butt thing, anyway? It seems like it would bring bragging rights just getting such an unual role.

Are bus driver and flagbearer just relatively uninteresting roles? Or might Song be going for a streak? She certainly had a strange string of luck recently getting mafia roles.

I commented my choice a few times, as much as I would've loved having the awesome cool role with the awesome cool name it was a very complicated offensive role. I didn't want to have a role that I could not fully understand and make a terrible mistake to be the cause of our demise.

I would have been pretty tempted to have taken that town role. Just because of the funny name lol. :p

Is that really a role or something that Mouse made up to be funny?

Apparently, according to the mafia wiki - it was a joke role at some point? I'm not sure, I've never heard of majority of these roles. I'd rather not choose something that I'm not comfortable playing just cause of it's real cool name XD

I think a lot of the strangely named ones were jokes to begin with :joy:
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    ok, so Nerd, Song, Pandora (you) and I are all ones who have town roles discarded. I have no idea what bus driver and flagbearer...dimly remember playing a mafia flagbearer once, I think, but can't bring to mind what it does, especially in a town capacity. And so why did you give up the Flying Pumpkin with Laser Beams out the Butt thing, anyway? It seems like it would bring bragging rights just getting such an unual role.

Are bus driver and flagbearer just relatively uninteresting roles? Or might Song be going for a streak? She certainly had a strange string of luck recently getting mafia roles.

I commented my choice a few times, as much as I would've loved having the awesome cool role with the awesome cool name it was a very complicated offensive role. I didn't want to have a role that I could not fully understand and make a terrible mistake to be the cause of our demise.

I would have been pretty tempted to have taken that town role. Just because of the funny name lol. :p

Is that really a role or something that Mouse made up to be funny?

Apparently, according to the mafia wiki - it was a joke role at some point? I'm not sure, I've never heard of majority of these roles. I'd rather not choose something that I'm not comfortable playing just cause of it's real cool name XD

I think Pandora might be scum. The way she's been defending her choice of discarding that town role doesn't feel right.

As we saw Dekay had two third-party choices, I don't think we should clear anyone who discarded a mafia choice as well. The chance they had two scum choices could still be on the table.

I'm starting to think Mouse gave me these choices cuz the other time I said I hated alien and would never be one if I had a choice, so she purposely gave me a survivor card cuz when was the last time I even made it to the end of a game alive...? LOL. Nice try, Mouse. :D I would only choose an alien role over my dead body.

Haha while those specific ones may be true for you (I mean that is absolutely hilarious XD) I'm still not comfortable not looking into the players that discarded a scum card as the possibility is still there.

Not to mention, we still haven't heard from Bella yet too.

And if she is mafia, I don't think her partner discarded a scum card. (I'm saying this not because I'm certain it's her, but because if it is, this will be useful information to look back on.)

Interesting theory....

Hmm, and Bella is still MIA. :D Does she have some plumbing problems again or something?

We had to put the plumbing repair on hold due to the weather :sweat_smile: so yeah, the issue hasn't be resolved yet...
    7dW3gu7.gif