Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Jumanji UPick Mafia - Survivor Win!

Comments

• Options
    NushnushganayNushnushganay Posts: 9,418 Member
    Pandorrax4 wrote: »
    I'm also a bit sus of Nush. Nush said his hubby was working all day outside. Yet Nush was too "busy" to take a few seconds to reply to Mouse's pm and select a card? Maybe, but I'm not totally buying it. I still have that nagging remembrance of Nush choosing to play an alien role last time he had a choice to pick.

I don't think Nush would make something up about his husband though - or being that busy. BUT at the same time, if he didn't get to choose that could mean that it is fully possible he received some kind of scum role and now has to backtrack to find a way to play it unexpectedly.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not saying that Nush made up a story about his hubby working outside all day. I believe that.

I'm am saying I'm a bit skeptical in believing he was too "busy" to pick a role on a pm. However, we only were given a 2 hr window I think when the cards were pm'd to us.

What I AM saying though is that there is the possibility that Nush was left with a scummy card and he's trying to play it off as he didn't choose it to deflect sus away from himself. Sorry if I didn't make that more clearer in my last post.

And I do believe we are dealing with a lot of scum here. Question is who and how many? :#

your point about being possibly dealt a scummy hand is valid. But I was indeed too busy to come on, and when I did, was surprised to find I had been issued my role, but ask Mouse if you want confirmation of that.

And also, I don't need to hide from the game if I'm scum. I'm just not the type to back away from a fight, or miss the excitement. :)

On to other business: I felt a bit suspicious of Song's accusation of Pandora but that was last night and now I can't quite recall why, so will read back and let things marinate.
    Racism is EVERYONE's fight #BLM #StopAsianHate
    Let's make Liberty and Justice For All a reality.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    bellagorillabellagorilla Posts: 6,891 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    I can't believe no one has done EMMMs or random votes so far. :D This is such a weird game. 🙈 I'm having flashbacks to that previous Upick game where town was outnumbered. 😅 And it doesn't help that there's more town card discards here too. :grimace:

I'm not big on doing those EMMMs or just random votes XD - i did that list thing my first game and it did nothing for me except confuse me XD

I'm waiting until a little later once I can see what everyone says a bit more. Still no Bella yet either...hmmmm

Bella doesn't come on at 6:30am tho :joy:
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options
    I'm also a bit sus of Nush. Nush said his hubby was working all day outside. Yet Nush was too "busy" to take a few seconds to reply to Mouse's pm and select a card? Maybe, but I'm not totally buying it. I still have that nagging remembrance of Nush choosing to play an alien role last time he had a choice to pick.

That doesn't seem like something Nerd would lie about...
    7dW3gu7.gif
    Most likely caught as scum and best theme-Google Translate, 4th annual Scummies win!
  • Options

That doesn't seem like something Nerd would lie about...

Nush, I meant Nush :sweat_smile:
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    xSongxxSongx Posts: 1,562 Member
    I'm still a bit sus of Song. I'm wondering if Song has accused Pandora, because Pandora said that Song said the same thing last time and was scummy. Hmm...perhaps to deflect sus off of Song and onto Pandora? :p

Nope. I try to avoid OMGUS at all costs - as both town and mafia, so I suppose it’s not alignment indicative. I’m not sus of her for saying that (I think it’s a fair and logical point) but because of what I’ve literally already explained.
    they/he
  • Options
    Does anyone have any initial thoughts so far?

So far I'm not getting any major reads but would like to hear from Nush as well.

Is Nush the only one that hasn't spoken yet?

Nush is usually on this time of night also. He say that he had anything going on?

I just checked back and nothing about being busy for start of game.

I didn't really see it coming, sorry. Got very busy with real life, and then checked in briefly and saw that my role had been assigned, but didn't even come here then as I had to hop right off again. Then hubs came home really beaten up from dealing with an entire day of air so cold it hurt to breathe, and winds up to 65 mph. He needed real care. After taking care of him and all the chores, here I am. это жизнь.

Anyone ought to know that getting a mafia role would not keep me from the start of the game, and I wouldn't make up some lame cover story for staying away.

This is just a game, after all. Life does take precedence! Hopefully your hubs is feeling better :)

Thanks for your concern, but he bounced right back (tough nugget, that one! Froze his butt off in an unheated tent in winter and boiled it off in a tank in summer, he's almost unconquerable), was fine when he called, but said it will be a late night for him, which, if my work doesn't throw me any curveballs, could mean I get to game a lot more!

Hoping everyone else's life is going smoothly, what with pipes bursting some places and other things happening other places.

so back to the game, who all is here right now? You, me, Luv, anyone else? DeKay?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    I unfortunately have to run, but I want to place a vote incase I don't get back in time for the flip...

Vote: Pandora

Song brought up her defense of her role, and in a game like this, taking the crazy role can be fun. And considering that it was a town role as well? I think she might be hiding something.
    7dW3gu7.gif
  • Options
    xSongx wrote: »
    ok, so Nerd, Song, Pandora (you) and I are all ones who have town roles discarded. I have no idea what bus driver and flagbearer...dimly remember playing a mafia flagbearer once, I think, but can't bring to mind what it does, especially in a town capacity. And so why did you give up the Flying Pumpkin with Laser Beams out the Butt thing, anyway? It seems like it would bring bragging rights just getting such an unual role.

Are bus driver and flagbearer just relatively uninteresting roles? Or might Song be going for a streak? She certainly had a strange string of luck recently getting mafia roles.

I commented my choice a few times, as much as I would've loved having the awesome cool role with the awesome cool name it was a very complicated offensive role. I didn't want to have a role that I could not fully understand and make a terrible mistake to be the cause of our demise.

I would have been pretty tempted to have taken that town role. Just because of the funny name lol. :p

Is that really a role or something that Mouse made up to be funny?

Apparently, according to the mafia wiki - it was a joke role at some point? I'm not sure, I've never heard of majority of these roles. I'd rather not choose something that I'm not comfortable playing just cause of it's real cool name XD

I think Pandora might be scum. The way she's been defending her choice of discarding that town role doesn't feel right.

ok, so Nerd, Song, Pandora (you) and I are all ones who have town roles discarded. I have no idea what bus driver and flagbearer...dimly remember playing a mafia flagbearer once, I think, but can't bring to mind what it does, especially in a town capacity. And so why did you give up the Flying Pumpkin with Laser Beams out the Butt thing, anyway? It seems like it would bring bragging rights just getting such an unual role.

Are bus driver and flagbearer just relatively uninteresting roles? Or might Song be going for a streak? She certainly had a strange string of luck recently getting mafia roles.

As we saw Dekay had two third-party choices, I don't think we should clear anyone who discarded a mafia choice as well. The chance they had two scum choices could still be on the table.

I'm starting to think Mouse gave me these choices cuz the other time I said I hated alien and would never be one if I had a choice, so she purposely gave me a survivor card cuz when was the last time I even made it to the end of a game alive...? LOL. Nice try, Mouse. :D I would only choose an alien role over my dead body.

Haha while those specific ones may be true for you (I mean that is absolutely hilarious XD) I'm still not comfortable not looking into the players that discarded a scum card as the possibility is still there.

Not to mention, we still haven't heard from Bella yet too.

And if she is mafia, I don't think her partner discarded a scum card. (I'm saying this not because I'm certain it's her, but because if it is, this will be useful information to look back on.)

Interesting theory....

Hmm, and Bella is still MIA. :D Does she have some plumbing problems again or something?

We had to put the plumbing repair on hold due to the weather :sweat_smile: so yeah, the issue hasn't be resolved yet...

We've had pipes burst before, it's a PITA. We replaced those with PEX so it would be an easier repair in future, should it happen again in that particular location. You've turned off the water there in the meantime, though, right?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    I had real life come up and couldn't choose in time and got what I was assigned. I was kinda horrified when I saw that Town Bulletproof had been an option, that I could have chosen, had I come in time. Bosh.

Ahh, so Mouse randomized your two role options and bulletproof ended up being the discard? That kinda sucks :confused:

That is what happened.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

I don't think Nush would make something up about his husband though - or being that busy. BUT at the same time, if he didn't get to choose that could mean that it is fully possible he received some kind of scum role and now has to backtrack to find a way to play it unexpectedly.

I was thinking the same thing. I'm not saying that Nush made up a story about his hubby working outside all day. I believe that.

I'm am saying I'm a bit skeptical in believing he was too "busy" to pick a role on a pm. However, we only were given a 2 hr window I think when the cards were pm'd to us.

What I AM saying though is that there is the possibility that Nush was left with a scummy card and he's trying to play it off as he didn't choose it to deflect sus away from himself. Sorry if I didn't make that more clearer in my last post.

And I do believe we are dealing with a lot of scum here. Question is who and how many? :#

your point about being possibly dealt a scummy hand is valid. But I was indeed too busy to come on, and when I did, was surprised to find I had been issued my role, but ask Mouse if you want confirmation of that.

And also, I don't need to hide from the game if I'm scum. I'm just not the type to back away from a fight, or miss the excitement. :)

On to other business: I felt a bit suspicious of Song's accusation of Pandora but that was last night and now I can't quite recall why, so will read back and let things marinate.

I think Nush’s claim that they weren’t able to pick and that they were busy are honest. I might be too trusting but I don’t think they’d lie about real life things and if they were busy, the other makes sense.
    they/he
  • Options
    What time does day end? I’m gonna vote Pandora today, I think. I’m most sus of her atm.
    they/he
  • Options
    I unfortunately have to run, but I want to place a vote incase I don't get back in time for the flip...

Song brought up her defense of her role, and in a game like this, taking the crazy role can be fun. And considering that it was a town role as well? I think she might be hiding something.

Hmm I think I like this vote.
    they/he
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member

So far I'm not getting any major reads but would like to hear from Nush as well.

Nush is usually on this time of night also. He say that he had anything going on?

I didn't really see it coming, sorry. Got very busy with real life, and then checked in briefly and saw that my role had been assigned, but didn't even come here then as I had to hop right off again. Then hubs came home really beaten up from dealing with an entire day of air so cold it hurt to breathe, and winds up to 65 mph. He needed real care. After taking care of him and all the chores, here I am. это жизнь.

Anyone ought to know that getting a mafia role would not keep me from the start of the game, and I wouldn't make up some lame cover story for staying away.

This is just a game, after all. Life does take precedence! Hopefully your hubs is feeling better :)

Thanks for your concern, but he bounced right back (tough nugget, that one! Froze his butt off in an unheated tent in winter and boiled it off in a tank in summer, he's almost unconquerable), was fine when he called, but said it will be a late night for him, which, if my work doesn't throw me any curveballs, could mean I get to game a lot more!

Hoping everyone else's life is going smoothly, what with pipes bursting some places and other things happening other places.

so back to the game, who all is here right now? You, me, Luv, anyone else? DeKay?

I believe DeKay is usually sleeping around this time.
  • Options
    MousellineMouselline Posts: 4,845 Member
    Hmmm...I just read up on the Survivor role. The Wiki recommends that town elim any known survivors as a survivor could vote on a town allowing the mafia to jump on the vote for a quick hammer and win.

Thoughts on that anybody?

That is certainly a concern, but I really think we have to worry about that with DeKay.

And, is Mouse using hammers or not?

No I am not. I usually don’t
  • Options

I think Nush’s claim that they weren’t able to pick and that they were busy are honest. I might be too trusting but I don’t think they’d lie about real life things and if they were busy, the other makes sense.

you don't have to trust me on anything else, but that you can trust, that I would not make up stuff about real life to cover not being present for the game. Anyway, surely everyone knows I have zero issues being here whatever I am?

Anyway I guess that topic's been beaten to death.

Anyone have anything else?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

I believe DeKay is usually sleeping around this time.

how could I forget? Thanks! Of course she is, in Singapore.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options

that's precipitous. But I am slightly sus of Song myself.

I guess if you're leaving and can't get back. I'm nowhere near ready to vote. How long do we have?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Pretty quiet right now so I'm going to get some other things done and check in again in a bit. If I remember, the flip ought to be around 19:00 my time so that gives me a couple of hours anyway.

1. Nerd - Jefferson “Seaplane” McDonough
    2. Luv - Alan Parrish
    3. Song - Professor Sheldon “Shelly” Oberon
    4. Bella - Ming Fleetfoot
    5. Pandora - Ruby Roundhouse
    6. Dekay - Cyclone
    7. Nush - Dr. Xander “Smolder” Bravestone

So far, I'm slightly sus of Song, not sure why Pandora is sus. DeKay is going to coast and/or maybe tell us all some good jokes, Luv has been participating, Nerd barely made an appearance but I think gave forewarning. Why does 7 people feel like such a small group this time?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    Pandorrax4Pandorrax4 Posts: 725 Member

I truly was not defensive in any way of my choice - I simply gave my reason. It being a town role doesn't mean my other role was not town as well (it was). Discarding town does not equate to automatic scum.
  • Options
    @Pandorrax4 I agree. Right now Song is the one I would vote for if I had to vote in like the next 5 minutes.

Luckily, I don't have to.

Hoping to hear more from other players before the flip.

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    luvdasims55luvdasims55 Posts: 14,649 Member
    Pretty quiet right now so I'm going to get some other things done and check in again in a bit. If I remember, the flip ought to be around 19:00 my time so that gives me a couple of hours anyway.

2. Luv - Alan Parrish
    6. Dekay - Cyclone

So far, I'm slightly sus of Song, not sure why Pandora is sus. DeKay is going to coast and/or maybe tell us all some good jokes, Luv has been participating, Nerd barely made an appearance but I think gave forewarning. Why does 7 people feel like such a small group this time?

7 probably seems like a small group, because only Pandora, Song and myself have been participating until Bella's appearance to comment and leave and Nush's appearance to comment and leave.
  • Options
    @Pandorrax4 I agree. Right now Song is the one I would vote for if I had to vote in like the next 5 minutes.

Luckily, I don't have to.

Hoping to hear more from other players before the flip.

I'm at work and have to go back, so I won't be here for the flip. Im off at 7pm EST so I will try to get back on then.

I truly have such an off feeling about Song from the moment they said earlier about their previous mafia games.

For this reason, and the fact I wont be back - I will

VOTE: SONG
  • Options
    I will try to sneak a bathroom break closer to the end to check
  • Options

2. Luv - Alan Parrish
    6. Dekay - Cyclone

7 probably seems like a small group, because only Pandora, Song and myself have been participating until Bella's appearance to comment and leave and Nush's appearance to comment and leave.

who said I left, bruh?

xicwqMCm.jpg
  • Options
    There's just nothing to do here but either make a vote or continue to spin my wheels. If I have to vote right now it will be Song. Otherwise, I'll wait til someone says something of substance. Got anything, Luv?

xicwqMCm.jpg