Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nothing for today's anniversary?

Comments

• Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    It's probably some video with simmers telling why they love the sims for all this time.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    Nice, it will be interesting to see what it is.
  • Options
    DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Duvelina wrote: »

People complain when we don't get something and when we do. It never seems like it's good enough. We don't even know WHAT we're getting. What's the point of being critical? You don't have to pay for this particular update and you have no idea what's in it.

Well, yeah. People complain because this is a diverse fandom with different opinions. You can't please everyone. But it's not unreasonable to want good quality stuff. Yeah, we don't know what we're getting. Logic and experience tells me to expect little, but I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic about it. But that doesn't mean people are unreasonable for being critical.

And yes, we're not paying for this patch. But we paid for a game that turned out to be incredibly shallow and missing key features, even seven years later this hasn't changed. Marketing has been questionable and deceptive, as expected. They absolutely owe us good content, which we frankly should have gotten from the start.

Critical of what though? At this point it's criticism about getting an anniversary update at all since once again, we don't know what's in it. Criticism isn't unreasonable and I said nothing about the base game. I'm purely talking about the anniversary update.

• Options
    DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    We did get a tweet. What else would you like to get? :p
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • Options
    masatsimmasatsim Posts: 22 Member
    So what we know is there's 21 simmers/creators and the surprise will be in feb 25, that's 21 days!... Maybe there's 21 different additions to the game and they'll hint one of them everyday until feb 25 and then release them all. That would be amazing
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member

Critical of what though? At this point it's criticism about getting an anniversary update at all since once again, we don't know what's in it. Criticism isn't unreasonable and I said nothing about the base game. I'm purely talking about the anniversary update.
    I'm saying that it's completely fair to criticize how things are being run. Yeah, we don't know about what we're getting, but it's fair to be wary or weirded out by what's going on.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options

I'm saying that it's completely fair to criticize how things are being run. Yeah, we don't know about what we're getting, but it's fair to be wary or weirded out by what's going on.

Weirded out? We're in a pandemic and these creators have their own jobs and schedules to tend to which might be the reason we're getting it later than on the actual anniversary.
  • Options
    Weirded out? We're in a pandemic and these creators have their own jobs and schedules to tend to which might be the reason we're getting it later than on the actual anniversary.
    I get that might be an issue, especially if we have 21 content creators working on something. And as I said, I'm willing to give them leeway. But it's still pretty anticlimactic to have an anniversary update weeks after the actual anniversary.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    I get that might be an issue, especially if we have 21 content creators working on something. And as I said, I'm willing to give them leeway. But it's still pretty anticlimactic to have an anniversary update weeks after the actual anniversary.

I agree. I'm typically happy with whatever we get and am not expecting much for the anniversary anyway. But when it's the anniversary and all you get is a notice saying you will be getting something but not for 3 whole weeks, it's definitely weird and a bit disappointing.
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I get the disappointing part up to a point, but even after last year's anticlimax, I'd rather have the tweet than 3 weeks of people complaining that they didn't even acknowledge it.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2021

People complain when we don't get something and when we do. It never seems like it's good enough. We don't even know WHAT we're getting. What's the point of being critical? You don't have to pay for this particular update and you have no idea what's in it.

Well, yeah. People complain because this is a diverse fandom with different opinions. You can't please everyone. But it's not unreasonable to want good quality stuff. Yeah, we don't know what we're getting. Logic and experience tells me to expect little, but I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic about it. But that doesn't mean people are unreasonable for being critical.

And yes, we're not paying for this patch. But we paid for a game that turned out to be incredibly shallow and missing key features, even seven years later this hasn't changed. Marketing has been questionable and deceptive, as expected. They absolutely owe us good content, which we frankly should have gotten from the start.

I don't think anyones complaining that they're doing an anniversary update, it's just the date of it. Most people were expecting something today as it's the anniversary so it's disappointing to find out absolutely nothings happening today. There's usually something that gets added to the game on the anniversary even if it's lame, so to get absolutely nothing at all today is pretty disappointing.
  • Options
    I will say though, if they use these 21 days to hint at the gift(s), and build up hype, that'd be a great way to keep people motivated and continue the celebratory spirit.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

More likely their waiting cause this will probably also be a Pre Gamepack Patch.
  • Options

More likely their waiting cause this will probably also be a Pre Gamepack Patch.
    Yeah, but I like my answer better?
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • Options

Yeah, but I like my answer better?

It's possible whatever it is isn't finished so that may be another reason their waiting. Still I was hoping for the Heart Hottub Today.
  • Options
    AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I'll only be upset if we wait 3 weeks and its some influencer video and nothing for the actual game itself. Otherwise I'm not expecting anything ground breaking.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Boring, Zzz. :(
  • Options
    AbbyBaba729AbbyBaba729 Posts: 135 Member
    I personally don't mind waiting, as long as the surprise is worth the wait. We don't know why it wasn't released today; maybe they ran into issues, or wanted to take their time and improve it.
    Base Game Sympathizer. Please push for more BG updates! Not everyone can afford packs!
    Proud Giyu Tomioka simp. :)
  • Options
    GenkiderGenkider Posts: 70 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    What is the point of an anniversary gift 3 weeks after the anniversary.....

It's probably not ready yet. I mean... Why question it? It's free content.

We don't get anything: people complain

We get something: people complain

I bet if they had released it on date people would still complain that it was half baked and needed more time.
  • Options
    Genkider wrote: »
    Onverser wrote: »
    What is the point of an anniversary gift 3 weeks after the anniversary.....

It's probably not ready yet. I mean... Why question it? It's free content.

We don't get anything: people complain

We get something: people complain

I bet if they had released it on date people would still complain that it was half baked and needed more time.

Exactly. I honestly don't get the disappointment here. 😂 Who has the time to be disappointed about not getting the gift on the actual day? There IS a gift coming. I find that to be a miracle at all. I didn't expect them to do anything.
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member

some people think there waiting because its a prepack update fingers crossed its true @Gordy
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    Akil wrote: »
    I'll only be upset if we wait 3 weeks and its some influencer video and nothing for the actual game itself. Otherwise I'm not expecting anything ground breaking.

Maybe not for the 21st Anniversary but if this is a Pre Gamepack Update we could be getting ground breaking stuff.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

Maybe not for the 21st Anniversary but if this is a Pre Gamepack Update we could be getting group breaking stuff.

Well, we get nothing for the 21st Anniversary because we're getting a pre gamepack update. Why assume the update be ground breaking? We've had updates before and the collaboration with game changers may be limited to just building new lots.
  • Options
    edited February 2021
    crocobaura wrote: »

Maybe not for the 21st Anniversary but if this is a Pre Gamepack Update we could be getting group breaking stuff.

Well, we get nothing for the 21st Anniversary because we're getting a pre gamepack update. Why assume the update be ground breaking? We've had updates before and the collaboration with game changers may be limited to just building new lots.

I doubt it. One of the creators is already known and he isn't known for his builds but for things like hairstyles, clothing, lighting mods and body hair. It's not necessarily game changers by the way. It's specifically CC creators.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2021

Maybe not for the 21st Anniversary but if this is a Pre Gamepack Update we could be getting ground breaking stuff.

I doubt it'll be a pre pack update, those usually come out the same week as the pack. That would mean they're releasing a pack in 3 weeks which I really doubt as Paranormal only just came out. They never release packs in such quick succession, plus even if they were why would they promote the update rather than the actual pack?