Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nothing for today's anniversary?

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    edited February 2021
    It's the EA way.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    I want my R&B music back! 😭
  • DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    I haven't seen anything yet. That would be really sucky if they didn't do anything.
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,020 Member
    edited February 2021
    If they weren't going to give us anything for the anniversary, it would have been nice to know ahead of time so we wouldn't get our hopes up.

EDIT: But we got some time before the usual patch drop, so fingers crossed.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    If they weren't going to give us anything for the anniversary, it would have been nice to know ahead of time so we wouldn't get our hopes up.

Unless....

(No! No, don’t you dare fall into this trap again, GracieO! Don’t you dare! You know what happened last time!)
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    edited February 2021
    Patches drop 1pm est, not 12
    Yet I don’t expect anything
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    3 minutes till we know.
  • ReedfishReedfish Posts: 222 Member
    I got a message for 'a new content update' asking me to refresh when I just exited the game a few minutes ago. But it could have been for Origin, not Sims 4.
    Nothing
    Reedfish wrote: »
    I got a message for 'a new content update' asking me to refresh when I just exited the game a few minutes ago. But it could have been for Origin, not Sims 4.

Origin usually does that and there’s no update
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member

This is French Twitter but it says they worked together with 21 creators for an anniversary present and they'll see us on the 25th.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Reedfish wrote: »

Mine today is saying a new patch is available which it did not say yesterday I don’t know if it’s for origin update or a sims pack.
    Duvelina wrote: »

This is French Twitter but it says they worked together with 21 creators for an anniversary present and they'll see us on the 25th.
    Now this is interesting
    edited February 2021
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    What is the point of an anniversary gift 3 weeks after the anniversary.....
    edited February 2021
    Onverser wrote: »

It's probably not ready yet. I mean... Why question it? It's free content.
  • elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    February 25 is a Thursday. It could be a patch day (and possibly a pre-pack patch for a pack releasing on March 2, Tuesday)
    qidpmcvgek8y.png

You can still be critical of something even if it's free. Especially since most of us had to pay to get the game in the first place.

It's disappointing, but I'm willing to wait if it's good. Here's hoping for cars or dragons.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    Interesting... I would love a furniture set made by CC creators, or a new world with builds made by players. But it's probably something way smaller.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member

Truth! It's a gift and i'm delighted for the gesture. Thank you 🙏😊
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member

It's probably not ready yet. I mean... Why complain? It's free content.

An anniversary is a one day event? Doesn't make any sense to give an anniversary gift weeks after the date. That'd be like me getting someone a birthday present and on their birthday being like "you can have your present in 3 weeks!"
    Gordy wrote: »

You can still be critical of something even if it's free. Especially since most of us had to pay to get the game in the first place.

It's disappointing, but I'm willing to wait if it's good. Here's hoping for cars or dragons.

People complain when we don't get something and when we do. It never seems like it's good enough. We don't even know WHAT we're getting. What's the point of being critical? You don't have to pay for this particular update and you have no idea what's in it.

It's probably not ready yet. I mean... Why complain? It's free content.

An anniversary is a one day event? Doesn't make any sense to give an anniversary gift weeks after the date. That'd be like me getting someone a birthday present and on their birthday being like "you can have your present in 3 weeks!"

That's how things work out sometimes though. I'm not going to complain if my birthday gift would be a bit later. It's about the gesture.
    edited February 2021

People complain when we don't get something and when we do. It never seems like it's good enough. We don't even know WHAT we're getting. What's the point of being critical? You don't have to pay for this particular update and you have no idea what's in it.

Well, yeah. People complain because this is a diverse fandom with different opinions. You can't please everyone. But it's not unreasonable to want good quality stuff. Yeah, we don't know what we're getting. Logic and experience tells me to expect little, but I'm trying to be cautiously optimistic about it. But that doesn't mean people are unreasonable for being critical.

And yes, we're not paying for this patch. But we paid for a game that turned out to be incredibly shallow and missing key features, even seven years later this hasn't changed. Marketing has been questionable and deceptive, as expected. They absolutely owe us good content, which we frankly should have gotten from the start.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited February 2021
    I hope they give us cars this year!! But I don’t think that’s the surprise though. Maybe new CAS or Build/Buy items made by cc creators ? Hair sliders ? Swatches ?