Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nothing for today's anniversary?

13...Next

Comments

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    Akil wrote: »
    I'll only be upset if we wait 3 weeks and its some influencer video and nothing for the actual game itself. Otherwise I'm not expecting anything ground breaking.

Maybe not for the 21st Anniversary but if this is a Pre Gamepack Update we could be getting ground breaking stuff.

I doubt it'll be a pre pack update, those usually come out the same week as the pack. That would mean they're releasing a pack in 3 weeks which I really doubt as Paranormal only just came out. They never release packs in such quick succession, plus even if they were why would they distract from their "anniversary surprise" with a pack at the same time?

There is no anniversary surprise. There is just a pre gamepack update.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 701 Member
    @Onverser wow! I love your Italian inspired world. I would really like to have it in game!
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I'll only be upset if we wait 3 weeks and its some influencer video and nothing for the actual game itself. Otherwise I'm not expecting anything ground breaking.

Maybe not for the 21st Anniversary but if this is a Pre Gamepack Update we could be getting ground breaking stuff.

I doubt it'll be a pre pack update, those usually come out the same week as the pack. That would mean they're releasing a pack in 3 weeks which I really doubt as Paranormal only just came out. They never release packs in such quick succession, plus even if they were why would they distract from their "anniversary surprise" with a pack at the same time?

They've never once said it's a pre gamepack update and theyve never even hinted at a pack coming soon
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I don't think it'll be anything SimNation-shaking tbh... I think it'll just be a bunch of CAS assets to aid with more diversity.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited February 2021
    I'm not sure but I think we have had game packs come out shortly after a stuff pack before @Onverser
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member

They've never once said it's a pre gamepack update and theyve never even hinted at a pack coming soon

That's a big marketing movement for what will be an almost month old event by the 25th. I guess I'll wait and see.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    edited February 2021
    If it's coming on the 25th that's a bit late but maybe that means we'll get something big? Either way, we'll have to wait and see.

As for a 'pre-gamepack' update, it could be both. A Babies update would effectively be pre-gamepack because you can bet there will be some kind of babies pack to pay for after it, just like when Toddlers sold us two packs - Parenthood and Kid's Room.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • DarcVader1DarcVader1 Posts: 65 Member
    I'm excited that they're working with some cc creators, I don't think that's ever happened before.
  • jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,860 Member
    Maybe it's body hair. 21 is a significant birthday, about getting older, body hair works for that too, the getting older part. I swear, I have two CC, body hair and bunkbeds, I need one of the two in game soon and actually would prefer the body hair.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member

I doubt it'll be a pre pack update, those usually come out the same week as the pack. That would mean they're releasing a pack in 3 weeks which I really doubt as Paranormal only just came out. They never release packs in such quick succession, plus even if they were why would they promote the update rather than the actual pack?

No actually the update usually comes out the Thursday before the Stuff or Gamepack. Your thinking about Expansion were it comes on a Tuesday with the EP on Friday.

Their not going to until the announcement of the gp which I believe will be Next Week or the Week after. This Update is on a Thursday and their already hyping it. GPs come out on Tuesday.
  • TS1299TS1299 Posts: 1,604 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I don't think it'll be anything SimNation-shaking tbh... I think it'll just be a bunch of CAS assets to aid with more diversity.

While Diversity is good. It's kinda sad that We can create sims that looks different but acts the same.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    TS1299 wrote: »

While Diversity is good. It's kinda sad that We can create sims that looks different but acts the same.

Yeah I feel you. I personally would love for it to be cars, CAW or something like an official TOOL mod. Or all three but I’m trying to remain realistic here haha!

Yeah I feel you. I personally would love for it to be cars, CAW or something like an official TOOL mod. Or all three but I’m trying to remain realistic here haha!

Even a new blank world would be nice.
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member

They probably won’t do that again. I talked with one of the gurus years ago and they said they got so much backlash because of the empty world.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member

They probably won’t do that again. I talked with one of the gurus years ago and they said they got so much backlash because of the empty world.
    Seriously? Wow, a real darn if you, darn if you don’t moment.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,874 Member

That's a shame, I would take new empty world anytime and gladly. :)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

That's a shame, I would take new empty world anytime and gladly. :)

Same, preferably one with no roads or back ground buildings.