Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, what do you think of Paranormal? 👻🔮

Hey all! :blush:

I know it's only a been a couple of days since release, but I was curious to see what the community thinks of the new stuff pack, Sims 4: Paranormal.

My personal opinion? I absolutely love it! I feel it is more than just a stuff pack. It has added so much gameplay and I could almost call it a mini game pack. BB and CAS has been a hit and the gameplay keeps me coming back. I'm so happy there is a new interactive career too.

So, I'd love to hear your opinions! I added an 'Other' option if you don't find the right option for your verdict :smiley:
giphy.gif

So, what do you think of Paranormal? 👻🔮 146 votes

I love it!
49%
Akl500PStace1234566windweaverGindog6Sara1010PIcewolfIceyJMartinvPlayerSinger2010SleepycatDSLSimburianMaryVannjustChrisUkelanorbretonJprp83HeyYoDiscoNickalanmichael1SjofnKennziKaigemarcel21 72 votes
It's good!
25%
auroraael14CK213bshag4lvKita5399SuperSillySimSimpatsyannAlrynnsimm621SirenLuminosmlmeadowsSimplyJenashcrash19Amber0922LaurenNumberOneHarukotyanDaraviAquarius94Paulmarch76adele_katWintermist_SWE 37 votes
It's..okay
13%
sam123ElnVldfreindlylolroggekMoon_WillowmomboqueentaydevPlumbobCrossingmercy55funsnoepjes1210Gitaj1z1OldGeekWomanllejenaDianesimsnetney52CangwenSapphire769Globiddle23 19 votes
Don't like it
4%
overonSageRainWillowfriendlysimmerssikasika18HopeyStarrGalaxySimsGirl 6 votes
Other
8%
brackencat31Bluebeard45BeardedgeekmitchiebanjoLadyKynmrkingvtexxx78ScobreSeashoreLiviaTomasGrizzlySimAlexandriaReaganbogan 12 votes

Comments

• Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    It's good!
    Just because it has been only a couple of days since release, I'm voting it's good. I may change my opinion of the pack once I've played it but right now I'm having trouble finding the right sim to be a medium. :D Seems as though nobody wants the job in my games, lol.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    It's good!
    For a stuff pack it's pretty good, though I definately would have liked some even more depth to make me love it.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Other
    I went and bought it at release but just as i always do i haven't played anything of the pack yet... i'm doing what i was doing before i got the pack and for now nothing relates to it...
    Actually the only thing i did was place the premade haunted house. I placed it in Glimerbrook. Where do you guys placed it?
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    I haven't played with the paranormal part of the game yet as @telmarina mentioned. I have one other household to play then I'll be playing Olive and Ophelia's Specter's household. I made their place the haunted lot. >:) But I have placed that shiny new couch and table for the kitchen in my current play. Nicely detailed.

@telmarina I didn't have a place for the premade haunted house. It may look good somewhere in Willow Creek, upper right area in Strangerville and or Magnolia Promenade. Maybe in the Spice District....
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited January 2021
    I love it!
    It's a bit early but I'm enjoying the pack so far. I've used one of my old houses as a haunted house and my Sim has already been spooked and jumped out of bed. He met a little green blob in the library and it's given him the thumbs up twice but trying to communicate three times was too much and it's gone off in a huff. Has anyone gifted it something lovingly made yet? I'm wondering if you can get more friendly and help if you give it a knitted sock or some such gift!

The Home gym is in the past as I've made it the Séance room. I'm going to merge another family in to keep him company as I feel a bit sorry for him all alone.
  • Options
    lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,020 Member
    I love it!
    I really like this pack. I just got started with the haunting part and plan to take my time with it. Spent a while choosing a Gallery Paranormal house and personalizing it just a bit. I put the home in Strangerville, which I also recently bought on sale. Figured I might as well combine weirdness with more weirdness. :D
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Other
    First thing I did was put down a seance table and have my sim invite over three friends. Found out only my sim could participate.There was no option to get the other sims to sit at the table and perform, no club option, no adding them to a group. Why? I wanted them to hold hands and maybe get a board mood let from nothing happening or scared because the lights did flicker.

Oh well, I'll build up the skill and see what options open up. Still need to go to the specific lot type and mess around with the investigator career.
  • Options
    Other
    First thing I did was put down a seance table and have my sim invite over three friends. Found out only my sim could participate.There was no option to get the other sims to sit at the table and perform, no club option, no adding them to a group. Why? I wanted them to hold hands and maybe get a board mood let from nothing happening or scared because the lights did flicker.

Oh well, I'll build up the skill and see what options open up. Still need to go to the specific lot type and mess around with the investigator career.

I read your sim does have to work in his skill before being able to do a group sceance. I can't tell for sure but i think it opens at level 3... someone correct me please.
  • Options
    ReaganboganReaganbogan Posts: 278 Member
    Other
    @telmarina I think so. I just find it weird they can't sit down together and fail together. Maybe gain the skill together for the first time.
  • Options
    Other
    @telmarina I think so. I just find it weird they can't sit down together and fail together. Maybe gain the skill together for the first time.

Yeah, something i would have liked too is the skill could be built in a seance circle OR a seance table... i don't get why you have to learn the skill all the way to level 5 in the seance table to then be able to cast a circle... i hope some modder can make this someday...
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    I love it!
    I am really enjoying it :)
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    It's good!
    I'm enjoying it. I didn't choose loving it because I would have liked a game pack of the theme with more depth. It also loses points for me with the spectres being cute and no death by fear. It's still very good though.
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    It's good!
    CelSims wrote: »
    I'm enjoying it. I didn't choose loving it because I would have liked a game pack of the theme with more depth. It also loses points for me with the spectres being cute and no death by fear. It's still very good though.
    I agree with CelSims! I want to love it, but I fear it may become repetitive. This theme needed a bit more depth.
  • Options
    TomasGrizzlyTomasGrizzly Posts: 736 Member
    Other
    I'll probably get the pack at some point, but not in a hurry, so it's on hold for now. I still have much to do with other packs I grabbed in 2020.
    I like fantasy and a bit of Sci-Fi. Want to know what I'm reading?
    I also like wandering the hills.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    It's good!
    I like it, but I am a bit bummed that application of game play limited to a residential lot.
    I wanted to build haunted community lots that my other sims can visit for a bit of spookiness from time to time instead of going all in all the time.

I will probably only use this pack for abandoned home challenges, where I cheat sims simoleons for properties they can't afford even though I've built the home as dilapidated and abandoned. Toss in being haunted and it should be a fun challenge.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    I love it!
    Loving it! For a Stuff Pack, it's got quite a lot of gameplay and it brings challenge and chaos that I love. I've been playing it with four Sims in the household and the hauntings just wreak havoc, lol.

I haven't even tried the new career yet, I've been so into the hauntings. I think I dried out my eyeballs from being riveted to the screen for hours. :D
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Umbreon12Umbreon12 Posts: 881 Member
    I love it!
    I love it!
    So far, I have two sisters living in the haunted lot you get with the game (I used motherlode). One sister is a spell caster and the other is a normal sim. The spell caster Sim is leveling up higher than her sister, and so far has been able to summon Bone Hilda.
  • Options
    I love it!
    CK213 wrote: »
    I like it, but I am a bit bummed that application of game play limited to a residential lot.
    I wanted to build haunted community lots that my other sims can visit for a bit of spookiness from time to time instead of going all in all the time.

I will probably only use this pack for abandoned home challenges, where I cheat sims simoleons for properties they can't afford even though I've built the home as dilapidated and abandoned. Toss in being haunted and it should be a fun challenge.
    CK213 wrote: »

@CK213

There is a new mod out that allows seance clubs which i intend to try out soon as I understand everything the pack does on its own first :) The mod also states haunted gameplay on all lot types..

https://chippedcupanddustybooks.tumblr.com/post/641577726460002304/haunted-locations-unlock-the-haunted-gameplay

• Options
    I love it!
    LiELF wrote: »
    Loving it! For a Stuff Pack, it's got quite a lot of gameplay and it brings challenge and chaos that I love. I've been playing it with four Sims in the household and the hauntings just wreak havoc, lol.

I haven't even tried the new career yet, I've been so into the hauntings. I think I dried out my eyeballs from being riveted to the screen for hours. :D

hahaha me too watching for every nuance lol :)
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I love it!
    I am loving it, for the first time I don't always just fast forward during night time, I am going floor to floor looking for anything spooky or paranormal. It has been great fun finding things I know weren't there just an hour ago and so on. My only complaint is I think it really should have been a game pack. It is so full of things now as a stuff pack, but I can't help imagine what else could have been added as a game pack. Just me being greedy I guess.
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I love it!
    I'm in love! This was 100% worth $10, I love the specters, I love Temperance, I love Bonehilda, I love the TOGGLES, I still can't believe this was a Stuff Pack!!
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Other
    Other, for the simple reason that I have not played with it yet. It doesn't fit into my save yet and might never. I am always late with new content even when I buy a pack early, for example I have not yet had an actor career Sim and i bought Get Famous on launch day. The only exceptions is University and Seasons for obvious reasons since they affect all gameplay everywhere.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    Other
    Put other since I DO like it, but looking back at when it was an option for community stuff pack to now, it definitely would have been better off as a game pack, which is my only complaint about it.

As there could have been even more stuff explored, but unfortunately it got limited to a stuff pack. Lot of gameplay for a stuff pack for sure, but could have went further with a game pack. As I would have liked to see things like tarot card readings, another occult and more stuff with the grim reaper.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited January 2021
    It's good!
    Just today I was able to do some actual gameplay with it! I built a new house for the occasion as well! So far Im enjoying it, though I do wish that other tables could be seance tables when there's a crystal ball on it (kinda had to rework a room because of it >_> )

My first medium is a spellcaster and I think Im going to let some sims in spellcaster families be mediums (including normal sims). Guidry (am i spelling his name right? Im too lazy to check atm) is pretty interesting to me and since he's perpetually flirty Im having my medium flirt with him. ALOT.

Im just glad we FINALLY got an occult centered SP. (spooky sp does not count!) Woulda preferred being the grim reaper, but fingers crossed that it appears someday.
  • Options
    EverclearBoyEverclearBoy Posts: 151 Member
    I love it!
    I feel its a pretty solid pack, well worth it and some of the homes seeing built in the gallery are really amazing for homes of a less modern style with more personality to them.