Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, what do you think of Paranormal? 👻🔮

13...Next

Comments

• SimpatsyannSimpatsyann Posts: 1,308 Member
    It's good!
    I've enjoyed what I've played so far. I got distracted making a sim based on Constance Langdon from American Horror Story because she seemed to fit the vibe.

My favorite little detail thus far is that you can name the cowplant in the jar.
  • Aquarius94Aquarius94 Posts: 505 Member
    It's good!
    Honestly, it's exceeded my expectations. The investigator career isn't very fun but I've come to expect that from most active careers that aren't acting. This is one of the few packs where I don't really have much to complain about.
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Don't know. Bought it, but not a GD thing is showing up in game. No lot trait, no new objects. Nothing.

No mods. And no new pack either.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I love it!
    It's far out & groovy. B)
    I so love the new Ghosts Traits, the retro 1970s styles & the Slimers. :D
  • TeeSeaTeeSea Posts: 1,556 Member
    I love it!
    The clothes (not so much the men’s) are awesome!
    The gameplay is great!
    Build/Buy items are great!
    The Hair is pretty good as well.
    I wish Bonehilda would have been more like the Sims 3
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I love it!
    I'm having more fun playing with this £9.99 pack than I have ever had with any of the previous released far more expensive packs that were added to the game. It's honestly just so fun managing my sims as they constantly freak out over everything. :D
  • Jprp83Jprp83 Posts: 400 Member
    I love it!
    I think this might be my favorite stuff pack so far. The new amount of gameplay is just perfect for a stuff pack and I actually really like the CAS (though I wish they had included some more "paranormal" outfits) and the new build items.
  • SjofnSjofn Posts: 332 Member
    I love it!
    I voted taking into account it's a stuff pack, and as a stuff pack, it's great. I agree with all the people wishing this had been a game pack, though, that would've been fantastic.
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I love it!
    I think this pack has helped show just how badly we needed to have fear in the game. If Sims still weren't able to be Scared, this pack would have fallen flat.

It's also an example of how to use the emotion system in a way that benefits the gameplay and brings a challenge.
    #Team Occult
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited February 2021
    I love it!
    I feel like the replies to this thread proves how much danger/darkness is needed in this game. There is no happiness or safe space without sadness and danger. And without it the whole thing feels boring and pointless. I know it's only thesims. I don't expect resident evil but with packs similar to this and darker creepier worlds/zombies/scary-ish wearwolves, funerals, dangerous stuff, burglars, police, fire breathing dragons, and sims with proper reactions to the danger or sadness it would really take ts4 up to a 10. And make the happy or safe moments in the game feel valuable and rewarding!

At the least it should open up many different ways for simmers to play. I notice in the gallery they have a lot of hashtag builds and house holds for #apocalyptic and the have apocalyptic challenges but nothing to really go with it besides creepy looking houses or sims.

This is definitely my number 1 pack along with vampires in the whole game 😅😅 and that's saying a lot because I really I love what they all add. Definitely hoping to see more like this....
    I hope the team will take it into consideration!
    @simguruninja
    @SimGuruConor
    @SimGuruGraham
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Other
    I feel like the replies to this thread proves how much danger/darkness is needed in this game. There is no happiness or safe space without sadness and danger. And without it the whole thing feels boring and pointless. I know it's only thesims. I don't expect resident evil but with packs similar to this and darker creepier worlds/zombies/scary-ish wearwolves, funerals, dangerous stuff, burglars, police, fire breathing dragons, and sims with proper reactions to the danger or sadness it would really take ts4 up to a 10. And make the happy or safe moments in the game feel valuable and rewarding!

At the least it should open up many different ways for simmers to play. I notice in the gallery they have a lot of hashtag builds and house holds for #apocalyptic and the have apocalyptic challenges but nothing to really go with it besides creepy looking houses or sims.

This is definitely my number 1 pack along with vampires in the whole game 😅😅 and that's saying a lot because I really I love what they all add. Definitely hoping to see more like this....
    @simguruninja
    @SimGuruConor
    @SimGuruGraham

I wouldn't say it better! 👏👏👏 Life itself is about balance and the game is still heavily unbalanced (but going the right way lately...).
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    I love it!

@simguruninja
    @SimGuruConor
    @SimGuruGraham

I absolutely agree! Very well said! Balance and challenge makes the game so much more entertaining and gives it more heart and soul.
    #Team Occult
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    I love it!
    LiELF wrote: »
    It's also an example of how to use the emotion system in a way that benefits the gameplay and brings a challenge.

absolutely, also due to the fear emotion I find myself for the first time actually having to pay attention to emotions...
    before negative emotions were so easily overwritten by good emotions I never really had to do anything/much and so I never had any use for something like mindfulness or potions solving negative emotions.
    It feels like there is a whole new level added to the gameplay, a level that could and should have been there from the start imho.

That said, it is not just the fear that makes this pack great for me, I just loooove the occult.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• windweaverwindweaver Posts: 7,375 Member
    I love it!
    I think it's real cute, they did a good job!
    My Origin Name is: Cynconzola8
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited February 2021
    I love it!
    I'm really enjoying this pack, the career, CAS and B&B are lovely, I'm so glad they went for a different theme to gothic but the items still go very well with vampires & realm of magic items, its amazing for a stuff pack ( its feels game pack a bit), considering happy haunts lost too arts & crafts with turned to knitting 😂 but we still got it yess !
  • KlttyWhiskersKlttyWhiskers Posts: 10 New Member
    I would really like to stay the night in a haunted house without having to move my family into it. I'd like to buy the haunted house and stay there whenever I want to do the paranormal stuff.
  • calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    If they could do for anger what they've done for fear, I'd be happier.
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    edited February 2021
    It's..okay
    As a non occult fan for me to say it’s ok means I like it. It’s hard to judge as compared to other packs it’s ok I like it. The pack adds nice gameplay. However as I don’t usually play occults and hate vampires and spellcasters are meh it’s pretty good. Albeit so far I am playing Guidry in his “sim” form on a normal lot and he is gaining his medium skill via the seance board. I’m building his story nicely into my main save and will do with temperance next. Once they are killed off with the deaths they are meant to have then I will switch to the haunted lots. So for now it’s ok but I know with my slow burn play style my ranking most likely will be higher.
  • texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Other
    I would really like to stay the night in a haunted house without having to move my family into it. I'd like to buy the haunted house and stay there whenever I want to do the paranormal stuff.

You can switch your home's lot type to haunted and back to "normal" residential whenever you want (in build mode, at the left top corner, clicking in the house icon). It's not exactly what you're asking but it may help to get the feel :)
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Don't know. Bought it, but not a GD thing is showing up in game. No lot trait, no new objects. Nothing.

No mods. And no new pack either.

This might seem like an obvious question, but are you sure it downloaded?

The reason I'm asking is that in my experience, in the past when I bought a new TS4 pack it would download automatically. But the last few packs not only have not automatically downloaded, they have been increasingly difficult to manually download. Snowy Escape was the worst: I had to close and reopen not just the game but the entire Origin platform several times before it even gave me the option to download the new pack. Refreshing alone was not sufficient. I tried everything, and as I recall, it took me six or seven attempts at actually logging out and logging back in to Origin to get it to work. I may have even had to restart my computer; I'm not sure about that, but I remember that the whole process was very frustrating and took way longer than it has in the past.
  • NightlyCoffeeNightlyCoffee Posts: 455 Member
    It's good!
    I'm mostly a realism and family player, but I've been trying to dip my toes into more supernatural things lately. I'm pleasantly surprised by how well made this pack is.
  • Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    Other
    Just like the rest. Rinse and repeat.