Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So, what do you think of Paranormal? 👻🔮

Comments

• Options
    MoonfoxNightcryMoonfoxNightcry Posts: 296 Member
    edited January 2021
    I love it!
    I’ve only just been able to actually play it today! (My fiancé and I have a beautiful new puppy and he needs a lot of time and attention, so I’ve only managed a few minutes of sim creating a day over the last few days).

I made 8 sims styled as different witches or mediums (how good is the new CAS!? Particularly the long cardigan over shorts), and stuck them all in a broken old haunted house (Paranormal build buy is great alongside Vampires and Movies, as well as CC for some creepy stuff).

For the first two sim days, nothing happened except for some cute happy spectres. I admit, I was disappointed. Then I turned on hero mode and ohhhh boy! My house is now chaos, nobody eats or sleeps or does much of anything except running around screaming and hiding under covers. There were a couple of great sounds effects that spooked me too! My plan was to build each one up in medium skill until I had a winner, but it’s much harder to do that than I thought! I’m delighted!! Finally, some difficult gameplay, and I’m fast realising that this competition might see a few of my little witches become haunts before the end...
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    I love it!
    Once I add the Mario Bros I can turn this game into Luigi's mansion.
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I love it!
    This pack could easily have been a game pack but I love it nonetheless. It has the most content to ever come in a stuff pack. I can see the career getting repetitive but the haunted house is really well done. I also love the CAS and BB.
  • Options
    SimyimSimyim Posts: 142 Member
    I absolutely loved it! If it had a world, it could perfectly be a gamepack. But I don’t feel it necessary, as it blends in perfectly with Willow Creek, increasing its “New Orleans” vibe. The CAS/BB objects are amazing, and I absolutely love tiny details like the pet ghosts in jars. Haven’t tried the gameplay in depth yet, but it seems it doesn’t let you down either :)
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    It's good!
    Sara1010P wrote: »
    I am loving it, for the first time I don't always just fast forward during night time, I am going floor to floor looking for anything spooky or paranormal. It has been great fun finding things I know weren't there just an hour ago and so on. My only complaint is I think it really should have been a game pack. It is so full of things now as a stuff pack, but I can't help imagine what else could have been added as a game pack. Just me being greedy I guess.

It's got me not fast farwarding too which I didn't think was possible :D I love the spooky sound effects so much and the lights flicker.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    It's good!
    telmarina wrote: »
    I read your sim does have to work in his skill before being able to do a group sceance. I can't tell for sure but i think it opens at level 3... someone correct me please.

It's actually available at level two, so much the better :D.
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,448 Member
    It's good!
    Still early days, but I'm enjoying it :).
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I love it!
    It's decent but so far I've found it too easy. My sims house is getting basically no hauntings there's just a few little green ghosts every now and then in the daytime. I've tried everything to anger them and get it more haunted but nothing seems to be working.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    It's decent but so far I've found it too easy. My sims house is getting basically no hauntings there's just a few little green ghosts every now and then in the daytime. I've tried everything to anger them and get it more haunted but nothing seems to be working.

You can enable Heroic mode on the hand sculpture to have more paranormal activity. Also, cleaning away the tendrils, the slime puddles, the energy circles, lowers the paranormal activity in the lot.
  • Options
    temporalgodtemporalgod Posts: 800 Member
    edited January 2021
    I love it!
    crocobaura wrote: »

You can enable Heroic mode on the hand sculpture to have more paranormal activity. Also, cleaning away the tendrils, the slime puddles, the energy circles, lowers the paranormal activity in the lot.

Basically just ignore everything if you want to be haunted.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    It's good!
    It's very good. I've enjoyed playing it a lot. :)

There are only few things that annoy me a little bit. One of them is that the specters are constantly hanging around and my Sims want to communicate with them and they cancel everything that they're doing. It happens all the time. I had to disable autonomy for a selected Sim just to be able to get her to do her work. I've never played with autonomy off and I don't like it.
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    I love it! But it's lacking quite a bit. They could have done so much more with this pack, if they just made it an EP rather than just an SP.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2021
    I love it!

The hand sculpture doesn't seem to work, doesn't let me enable heroic mode as it says the "hand sculpture is currently unresponsive" all the time :/ And the other things are hardly spawning at all and don't seem to be making a difference

image.png
  • Options

The hand sculpture doesn't seem to work, doesn't let me enable heroic mode as it says the "hand sculpture is currently unresponsive" all the time :/ And the other things are hardly spawning at all and don't seem to be making a difference

I think I've read somewhere that the hand can be enabled after some time, not straight away, I forgot it it's enabled after a few nights spent in the house or when you get to certain level in paranormal career. Maybe if you shift click on it it will work? All the spawning things can be found in debug and you can place them yourself if you want really spooky lots.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    It's good!
    The most scariest and stressful night I had when I started a group meeting with my spellcasters, where casting spells was allowed and when I had autonomy on. I wouldn't recommend it, this was my personal heroic mode. They have started fires everywhere, then came the scary moments, they were all the night either tense or in panic.
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member

image.png

Everything ramps up slowly. I think the hand starts to work after your second full day in a haunted house. The haunting starts low and slow and then gradually increases over time. Then like I said after your second or third full day in a haunted house you can activate the hand. You can also like someone said increase activity by not cleaning up the dolls, tendrils, and floor markings.
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    Don't like it
    even do i have not played it yet its not relly my cup of tea as a player since occult stuff do not fit with my game play unless they have toggles to turn off the features in game options
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    even do i have not played it yet its not relly my cup of tea as a player since occult stuff do not fit with my game play unless they have toggles to turn off the features in game options

The haunting happens only on the hounted house lot type and if you play with the seance table. If you avoid those you won't get any paranormal activity and just enjoy the furniture and clothes that come with the pack.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited February 2021
    It's good!
    It's good but I do have my gripes and they are mostly small.

I would of liked it if the medium skill was a lv10 skill I understand why they made it only 5 but I think they could of made it a 10. Sims could still get their license at lv5. Plus this way as you played though the career you aren't master medium from the start.

I wish sims couldn't remove cursed item until they reached they reached a higher lv. They should only be able to investigate/examine at a low lv. This would also hell build the medium skill.

They should of added the ability to summon specific ghost sims. This way if your sims has any deceased relatives or friends they could summon them specifically.

Summon Grim Reaper. It would of been cool if we could summon the Grim Reaper as well maybe even give mediums with a high enough skill a better chance at persuading Grimy to revive them and others.

The ability to command ghost. Much like how vampires can command other sims to do chores and other stuff I think it would of been cool if mediums could do the same with the ghost they summon.

I think it would of been better if the animation to remove the tendrils was just the weeding animation. It seems weird for sims kick a the tendrils away.
  • Options
    CayleyCarlsonCayleyCarlson Posts: 18 Member
    I love it!
    I love how much gameplay it added. I think it's really fun and exciting!
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited February 2021
    Other
    Deleted lol
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited February 2021
    It's good!
    So this is how I think a lv10 medium skill could or looked like.

Lv1 Commune with the departed, examine cursed items (raises skill), can watch specters (raises skill)

Lv2 Can attemept communication with specters, can present offering to specters, can offer soul to specters.

Lv3 Can sense spiritual volatility, Can remove cursed objects

Lv4 Can hold group séances, can invoke the dead.

Lv5 Can get license, can summon Guidry, can draw séance circles in ground, can perform ceremony

Lv6 Can summon Bonehilda, Can summon specific ghost.

Lv7 Can temporarily bind ghosts (allows you to command them), can command ghosts to bring you random collectable,

Lv8 Can command ghost to to scare other sims, can command ghost to go chores (clean, cook, & repair)

Lv9 Can command ghost to spread emotional auras, can command ghost to wreak havoc (start fires and break objects)

Lv10 Can Summon the Grim Reaper, Can summon Temperance, can drain the soul of ghosts (restores energy motive and resets your sims current age)

There possibly could be more but I think this would of made the skill more interesting and rewarding.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    I love it!
    Like others have said, I would have preferred this to be a GP, because then it would probably have come with even more features and a new world as well. But for a mere SP, it's phenomenal!

I'm still figuring out how to survive in a haunted house, my sims are perpetually tired because they never get much sleep before something startles them awake, and it sometimes happens during the day as well. But that's what makes the gameplay all the more interesting, because the last time I had to think about how to properly play a stuff pack was... never, basically.

The only thing I'm a bit disappointed with is "She". I expected this ultimate poltergeist to be much more of a nuisance, but all she did was break two objects and actually befriend my medium before being scared away by an idol I placed on the ground.

Anyway, I'm at work now and looking forward to playing again when I get home, so that's definitely a good sign.
  • Options
    CeridwenCeridwen Posts: 228 Member
    I love it!
    Am loving it! Extra fun is having a haunted house that's on a fault line. My poor sim! >:)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited February 2021
    I love it!
    It's one of the best packs so far. It has so much going on that it feels more like a game pack than a stuff pack. If they had put this amount of effort into all their previous packs then the Sims 4 might not be receiving as much hate as it does six years in.