Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Playing TS3

ยซ1
Okay so after complaining about disliking ts3 about trillion times past year or 2 for various reasons (mostly subjective)

I decided that maybe I need to update my memory and take it for a spin
(i mean maybe it was just cause i was having emo phase when it was releasing and everything was awful and you kno)

not going to add all packs cause thats just asking for trouble

but i will allow myself one ep at time soo which ep should I try playing first?

(I will try to create Vlad btw but i have feeling his face will be a challenge)
โญ๏ธ AHQ Champion ๐Ÿฆ‡ Vlad Advocate ๐Ÿ‰ Team Dragons
๐Ÿก Gallery ๐Ÿ“– Stories ๐ŸŒ World Project ๐Ÿฅ” MOD/CC Free

Playing TS3 34 votes

Late Night
11%
CinebarNikkei_SimmerSERVERFRAAngeliqueAdelaide 4 votes
Pets
5%
EnkiSchmidtValeah 2 votes
World Adventures
20%
SusanaLeoteOnverserKathykinssof2106OldeseadoggeEcaBrandontaylor 7 votes
Island Paradise
2%
IceyJ 1 vote
Supernatural
20%
Anmirlacmbaker16bestfrienemies14snoepjes1210HgarradUmbreon12Genkider 7 votes
Showtime
0%
Into the future
0%
Generations
20%
simgirl1010fruitsbasket101sikasika18Babykittyjadetexxx78BreazonaGeralt_ofRivia 7 votes
Ambitions or University cause rip can only have 10 options
8%
StrawberryYogurtEmusimmer32izecson 3 votes
Seasons
8%
wineland88PHarukotyanSimmerGeorge 3 votes

Comments

• Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    (btw if choosing ambitions or uni specify which one)
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    edited January 2021
    In order the most fun gameplays is:

Ambitions
    World Adventure/Supernatural(if you're occult player)
    University
    Island Paradise
    Pets
    Generations
    Late Night
    Into the future
    Seasons
    Showtime

If you worry about performance use simple guide here https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims3/comments/itxlwx/psa_the_sims_3_starter_pack_updated_game_files_to/
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    edited January 2021

yeah I'm not very confident on ts3 running properly cause ive never tried it with this computer

and last time i started it with all eps on other computer it immediately crashed and was like mega glitchy and slow so :sweat_smile: yeah ill just use one ep tops for starters
  • Options

yeah I'm not very confident on ts3 running properly cause ive never tried it with this computer

and last time i started it with all eps on other computer it immediately crashed and was like mega glitchy and slow so :sweat_smile: yeah ill just use one ep tops for starters

You'll be overwhelmed either way with all ep installed, if your computer is recent i think you can handle sims 3 just fine, I ran Sims 3 on my only $750 pc right now
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    Generations
    I'ld start with generations. You won't see any major change but all lifestages will be greatly improved.
    Then i'ld add world adventures. It's an amazing ep.
    Followed by supernatural if you're into occults.
    Then you can add ambitions and late night. It'll give you much more to do.
    I'ld avoid island paradise, seasons and pets if you're struggling with performance.
    I never liked university, into the future or showtime in sims 3, but maybe you will...
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    World Adventures
    My favorites were always world adventures, island paradise and into the future so those :)
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Late Night
    Going with my own personal favorite, I love Wogan Hemlock.
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Well, at least on downloading it again on Origin it has up to the 1920x1080 resolution my laptop uses. I might try it again but looking at those Stepford wives type Sims always put me off.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Im choosing Uni
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2021
    Late Night
    I chose Late Night for you since this was the EP that finally allowed for players to have more community type lots they can build rather than the old stand by gym, museum, library etc. If you were strictly playing the base and one add on EP. This EP opens up gameplay to the core, and adds a chemistry system between Sims that is not as well understood as the attraction system in TS2. There is also a perk object (I can't remember) that can be used to keep community lots open passed the 2;00 A.M cut off etc. I was not thrilled with the hot spot setup (because it was lame) but it was the first EP to allow other type community lots to be built. It might not matter so much after the later EPs I guess.

Generations would be the other one, since Sims AI is improved in more ways than one. If you didn't like the lack of interactions in the base (compared to TS2) at the time then Generations adds many hidden things that you might notice right away with the Sims being more interactive with each other compared to just standing for awhile on community lots not talking to each other etc. Generations has hidden gems that increase the AI to seem more compatible with TS2's AI.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Okay so I went and played with only base for today (adding some pack tomorrow)

But here is some screens :lol:
    firstly created Vlad
    he looks real bad in ts3 style though :lol:
    ikhUh4a.jpg
    and not sure what i did wrong but his mustache is all glitchy so i call him mister glitchmustache from now on
    WBnTKsC.jpg
    he went over to greet crumplebottom lady cause obviously I needed to do that
    xViky1L.jpg
    I tried to get her join picnic but maybe thats not possible or im just noob
    cHSXeSr.jpg
    managed to make them dance together after lots of moving stuff around though
    Y9TiySU.jpg
    (i now understand why my sims 3 builds were so oversized back in the day)
    made vlad this small house
    Lcj7sho.jpg
    absolutely obsessed with that wallpaper! and all the old style build buy stuff I could add if there is one thing i missed its that
    K81CRYG.jpg
    YcxWmmF.jpg
    but it was really painful to build with ts3 tools after getting used to cool ts4 tools and better routing p_p
    this is what i actually started with just box with some stuff in it
    but vlad pretty much mastered criminal career while i was trying to figure out how to play so lmao kept adjusting
    AAY6Nzh.jpg

oh and also yes, I almost died thanks for asking
    rduxcPa.jpg
    why on earth ts4 fire is so useless compared to other sims games i will never understand

aaand justine keaton was just swimming about all the time so i had to capture that lmao
    Ivj2VBZ.jpg
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Generations
    Its hard to choose without not really knowing your playstyle. I chose Generations though because i'm a family player and this one added a lot to the game familywise.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    Okay so I went and played with only base for today (adding some pack tomorrow)

But here is some screens :lol:
    firstly created Vlad
    he looks real bad in ts3 style though :lol:
    ikhUh4a.jpg
    and not sure what i did wrong but his mustache is all glitchy so i call him mister glitchmustache from now on
    WBnTKsC.jpg
    he went over to greet crumplebottom lady cause obviously I needed to do that
    xViky1L.jpg
    I tried to get her join picnic but maybe thats not possible or im just noob
    cHSXeSr.jpg
    managed to make them dance together after lots of moving stuff around though
    Y9TiySU.jpg
    (i now understand why my sims 3 builds were so oversized back in the day)
    made vlad this small house
    Lcj7sho.jpg
    absolutely obsessed with that wallpaper! and all the old style build buy stuff I could add if there is one thing i missed its that
    K81CRYG.jpg
    YcxWmmF.jpg
    but it was really painful to build with ts3 tools after getting used to cool ts4 tools and better routing p_p
    this is what i actually started with just box with some stuff in it
    but vlad pretty much mastered criminal career while i was trying to figure out how to play so lmao kept adjusting
    AAY6Nzh.jpg

oh and also yes, I almost died thanks for asking
    rduxcPa.jpg
    why on earth ts4 fire is so useless compared to other sims games i will never understand

aaand justine keaton was just swimming about all the time so i had to capture that lmao
    Ivj2VBZ.jpg

That is very entertaining to read lmao, you should post these vlads shenanigans more offen
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    Okay so after complaining about disliking ts3 about trillion times past year or 2 for various reasons (mostly subjective)

I decided that maybe I need to update my memory and take it for a spin
    (i mean maybe it was just cause i was having emo phase when it was releasing and everything was awful and you kno)

not going to add all packs cause thats just asking for trouble

but i will allow myself one ep at time soo which ep should I try playing first?

(I will try to create Vlad btw but i have feeling his face will be a challenge)

1) I use a game booster such as Razer Cortex (which is free) to manage the computer memory while TS3 runs (not just that game though, I use it to manage the memory of all my games). Your games won't crash too often that way and I haven't gotten any error 12s, etc.

2) Does your new computer have an SSD? Install the game on that instead of to the HDD. If you run the game from Origin, installing the game to an SSD will allow you to load and play TS3 with ALL the EPs and SPs with NO LAG, unlike on HDD.

3) I followed the tips from these guides:
    You can basically choose any EP to start with - read up on each one and start with what interests you the most! I like Carl's The Sims 3 Guide for that.

Have fun!

• Options
    BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,774 Member
    World Adventures
    I had a hard time picking but I choose one of my early favorites. I was late so Sims 3 so when I started, I was only playing with a few. I spent a lot of time with WA. Of course, now I have all of them but IP and a better computer so I usually play with all. It really depends on the specs of your computer.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    okay generations it is! :lol:

and btw don't worry about my playstyle :lol: I was actually quite disappointed in packs i had biggest theme interest in when s3 was releasing so choosing things that are perfect for my playstyle might just be least fun :lol:
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    todays input:
    okay so right away i saw my house might be too small to use everything that is cool but I'm not sure at what point I shall upgrade :lol:
    1B87l3g.jpg
    I did quickly realize though that if i want to play fun generations stuff I'm going to need some family members
    and crumplebottom lady was only one he really knew aside from ppl at work so...
    18aUniv.jpg
    she said yes!
    DdUtWvM.jpg
    13Kmyu3.jpg
    w4tFn1O.jpg
    well after all that obviously there needed to be wedding party
    0ldR7Nl.jpg
    ...she was bit distracted by his coworker but..
    pxO9s7Z.jpg
    yes they managed to get married
    1PBcoRv.jpg
    7q1bKeS.jpg
    z94H0ri.jpg
    (i like how both sims get ring cause in ts4 they don't and its annoying)

got some cake
    MATs88Y.jpg
    3l3fNhC.jpg
    and off to the next annoyance we go... this dude...
    mWXWZGs.jpg
    yes... the guests were just doing whatever...
    3wCMcc6.jpg
    lady crumplebottom... excuse me straud... was not very happy...
    Fmo0SEe.jpg
    (just kidding i wanted to test the pillow fight and it looked rather brutal lmao)
    N20Kaae.jpg
    they stargazed some...
    GLE6SlO.jpg
    wohooed some
    bIzKkP8.jpg
    but they got kinda snoozy after all the funs though so i got to see the cute snuggles animation
    CQItkXU.jpg
    then new lady straud got pregnant!
    gNmzOzK.jpg
    and changed into awful pregnancy outfit! but vlad vas very excited to have spawn
    4Ig1SlS.jpg
    tad too excited perhaps
    C6fPqSH.jpg
    they got a little girl and I named her Vladislava
    rSWYTDj.jpg
    she was very interested in her fathers glitchy mustache
    IrJu8sO.jpg
    got one of these creepy dolls
    RXkEDVV.jpg
    went to stoller walks with vlad while other kids fled from his evil aura
    dVKEJwR.jpg
    mIyTr2j.jpg
    grew up to be red haired for some reason?????
    3NYnvjo.jpg
    but i corrected that lmao
    now she is playing... inside toybox? didn't know that was possible o_O but then again i never placed the box anyway
    dFVypsC.jpg
    bonus: her father has great plans for her:
    8M81UTn.png
  • Options
    Emusimmer32Emusimmer32 Posts: 257 Member
    I love this
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    btw I think I will just add the packs on top of each other pack a day and see if at some point game gets really glitchy and slow

voting continues for pack addition order though ;) so people can still vote what I shall add next and i pick according to votes next day when i go into game again

(generations out of voting cause obviously i added it already)
  • Options
    Emusimmer32Emusimmer32 Posts: 257 Member
    im gonna vote ambitions
  • Options
    Your vlad is not complete while still being human, go for Supernatural
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    edited January 2021

i mean perhaps but not being vampire he can enjoy many things before being turned into one ;)

I will add supernatural when its one with most votes obviously but I'm not in particular hurry (my sims have long life span too so he is not likely to die before i get to making him vampire too :lol:)

I think i will add World Adventures for today cause it got 3 votes and we shall see tomorrow because supernatural is at 2 votes tied with ambitions and late night ;)
  • Options

i mean perhaps but not being vampire he can enjoy many things before being turned into one ;)

I will add supernatural when its one with most votes obviously but I'm not in particular hurry (my sims have long life span too so he is not likely to die before i get to making him vampire too :lol:)

I think i will add World Adventures for today cause it got 3 votes and we shall see tomorrow because supernatural is at 2 votes tied with ambitions and late night ;)

Alright, I'm interested what he will do with the mummy in Egypt tho
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    Late Night
    Bridgeport has always been the best for me.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Todays input:

I didn't actually get to play with world adventures that much but :sweat_smile:
    Vladislava is kiddo now!
    aged her up cause i didn't really see point in keeping her toddler after i maxed the thingies
    and yes i gave her evil trait ;) this is how she looks now
    T5Jew3Z.jpg
    worried about that nose of hers it was probably attacked by ts3 genetics to not be as fabulous as vlads
    2XtiMMo.jpg
    dad helping her with homework
    S6TeIBO.jpg

after aging her up though I thought that honeymoon was in order for the oldies
    TushrM7.jpg
    but I really quick noticed how annoying it is to control 2 sims so I just had vlad do stuff alone lmao
    koEP9S0.jpg
    he also magically got this scooter out of nowhere as if he owns one
    UQwnVQm.jpg
    the vacation at first is just 3 days so I didn't get much tombs done or anything
    but i think i did one at tent place cause i got that adventure

and stole some nectar from under the marketplace cause why not ;)

but honestly screens are missing cause I was too confused to take any :lol:
    don't think I've ever played the egypt world actually but yes i was just running around aimlessly most part :lol:
    9BkzHOX.jpg
    mjdNuUl.jpg

lady straud also bought some tons of books so I didn't have money to have them travel again

and after i got money I decided they really needed bigger house
    cause there was no way i would fit anything in that mini house with ts3 object sizes
    jB0rGj0.jpg
    just built rather easy box house but i really loved this lot behind the criminal career building (easy job travel for vlad)
    that had ponds and good landscaping ready to go but i needed to switch the house

I did add many things to it while playing but its still half empty cause no money so :lol:
    uEBlfJK.jpg

as quick example yes i finally found place for this beauty
    mBAP3Uu.jpg

aaand here some random pictures of Vladislava playing around the house cause it was cute
    ks3O9pd.jpg
    kC2bkl2.jpg
    zQhHtTl.jpg
    J070T7F.jpg