Sul sul Simmers! Join the celebration and tune into our Twitch live stream today, Feb 25th, @11 AM PT / 7 PM UTC! 🎉
Feburary 25: Today is patch day! 😃 To read the patch notes, click here!
February 26 - Is everyone ready for the Friday Highlights? Check them out here.
Welcome to all NEW SIMMERS joining us on the Sims forum! 🎉 Have fun on the forum and please make sure you check out the forum rules and
the rules about necroposting.

Lets talk more about Sims 5.

124...Next

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 7,733 Member

[*] Bigger worlds, I need more lots per world, this trend of giving us 5-7 lots per world with tons of unusable space around the lots has got to stop! While I don't need to have 100 lots per world, about 30 would be sufficient for me. Stop Restricting Us!
    [*]
    [*] Traits that actually make sims behave different from each other, I personally do not like the emotions, I think they're too over powering. I also would like to get rid of the happy, smiling, default sims (unless your sim has the "Perpetually Happy" trait, or something like that). I don't know anybody in RL who wears a smile 24/7.

Yes in TS2 you had a huge land and you set down the land plots. 64x64 or 12x16 etc. And you decide if its a community lot or residential. Want something like that back.

I think the whole emotion system needs to be scrapped and go back to a personality point/trait hybrid system, accompanied by an attraction system. Their personality HAS to make a difference in the gameplay. I want each sim to act and think differently.

What I'd like to see with regards to land is the ability to take two lots and join them...much like "land-assembly" in real life (when developers turn around and buy up several lots beside each other and build them into one huge development (like a condo complex or a townhouse development - yeah, I used to be in real estate)...and make it into one friggin' humungous lot where you can build a ginormous house...once your sims get stinkin' rich.
    RiverMcIrishFanatic_rs.jpg
    Nikkei_Simmer's Sims 3 Blog - For more Sims 3 stories...

"The only conceivable use for a vampire is as a sharpened stick tester." ~ Haruo Chikamori, werewolf
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 1,974 Member

[*] Bigger worlds, I need more lots per world, this trend of giving us 5-7 lots per world with tons of unusable space around the lots has got to stop! While I don't need to have 100 lots per world, about 30 would be sufficient for me. Stop Restricting Us!
    [*]
    [*] Traits that actually make sims behave different from each other, I personally do not like the emotions, I think they're too over powering. I also would like to get rid of the happy, smiling, default sims (unless your sim has the "Perpetually Happy" trait, or something like that). I don't know anybody in RL who wears a smile 24/7.

Yes in TS2 you had a huge land and you set down the land plots. 64x64 or 12x16 etc. And you decide if its a community lot or residential. Want something like that back.

I think the whole emotion system needs to be scrapped and go back to a personality point/trait hybrid system, accompanied by an attraction system. Their personality HAS to make a difference in the gameplay. I want each sim to act and think differently.

What I'd like to see with regards to land is the ability to take two lots and join them...much like "land-assembly" in real life (when developers turn around and buy up several lots beside each other and build them into one huge development (like a condo complex or a townhouse development - yeah, I used to be in real estate)...and make it into one friggin' humungous lot where you can build a ginormous house...once your sims get stinkin' rich.

Oh that'd be cool.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 1,940 Member
    edited February 23
    Graphics wise I hope it'll have the same system as 4, just with more detailed textures. For example the grass in Sims 4 is literally a green blob

kuEXThu.png

Whilst in 5 I'd like to see grass look more like this mod
    tumblr_p4in6qSnfL1u4ygwbo6_1280.jpg

For sims aswell I'd like to see a similar system and style, just with more realistic textures similar to these cc skins
    skin1.png
    skin2.png
    HITMAN-EPISODE-2-SAPIENZA_01.jpg
    ✨ manifesting an italian inspired world ✨
    Liked this article that talked about Sims 5 lore possiblities:

https://gamerant.com/sims-5-lore-problem-sims-4-townies-generations/

What ideas do you guys have for any Sims 5 lore?

Id like them to do a sequel to Sims 2 lore. The Sims 3 is a prequel, and the Sims 4 is a reboot/alternate timeline. Id like them to include new families too. And the story album with pictures and descriptions (neighborhood screen) again. I like how in TS2 the family album photos had no descriptions so you could speculate whats going on in the photo.

edited February 24
    I have an idea for a Sims 5 expansion.
    I like how TS3:ITF gave us a dystopian, neutral, utopian world. I like the time travel aspect. I also liked the Sims Medieval. Id like our sims to be able to be living in an alternate reality Western world(not 100%accurate)

634183.jpg

Upon downloading the expansion it comes with a new world. It's western themed, but far back in sim past. The Landgrabbs own a lot of property and the oil. The Goths are renowned "old money" family. There are new careers or parttime work: sheriff, lapidaries,quarrymen, blacksmiths, cowboys etc. Your sim can go to the outskirts of town to mine for gold.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCRtEcFzqXpo6Q5heJ8TVkKOhTAQwNKLDVNQ&usqp=CAU

There are new skills and activities , like churning butter,making soap,cutting wood, and other chores. There are no cell phones or digital world. You can write letters to friends or family however, and take a horsedrawn cart or stationwagon to their ranch/property to visit them.

movie_stagecoach.jpg

Your sims can own and manage hotels and saloons. Be careful of any robbers or shootouts!

Robbery-30X24-full-view.jpg

More images/concept art to fit the theme:
    9b1b9ad001dd99b612147a431d668023.png
    51NV4-BOhPL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
    d9a0x09-a0ca9d51-1297-45ed-b045-c9f6946029e1.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWZiZTJjZGEtY2I5OS00ZGIwLThjZTYtOWQxYTdiZTQyMmMxXC9kOWEweDA5LWEwY2E5ZDUxLTEyOTctNDVlZC1iMDQ1LWM5ZjY5NDYwMjllMS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.WCRLvhsn4PniRn0_mlfPHu5RZTMrSeZ6j79i_i5Ufxk

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 19,010 Member
    Love the western theme @StrawberryYogurt. Reminds me of Red Dead Redemption. My third favorite game after Sims 4 and Planet Zoo. Have you played it?
    Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen. 😊
    edited February 24
    Love the western theme @StrawberryYogurt. Reminds me of Red Dead Redemption. My third favorite game after Sims 4 and Planet Zoo. Have you played it?

I haven't played it but seen some clips. I love the western theme! It's just too graphic for me. But I like reading western books (Little House On the Prairie, anyone?) and watching movies/podcasts. I especially like reading about the Oregon Trail.

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,613 Member
    reminds me of Sunset Canyon on the sims 2 for console. it was a lot including a movie set inspired on the western style, it was quite simple but there was a saloon and some other buildings if i remember correctly. i'd love to see the western style back on the sims, especially if it's presented like the idea you gave, i love it soo much
    giphy.gif
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 47 Member
    edited February 25
    The Anthem reboot has now been officially cancelled, so there are a couple of dozen people in EA looking for their next project.

Edit: I forgot that was the Bioware branch of the company. Brain freeze on my part.
    Post edited by SimSpock on
    bella_goth wrote: »
    reminds me of Sunset Canyon on the sims 2 for console. it was a lot including a movie set inspired on the western style, it was quite simple but there was a saloon and some other buildings if i remember correctly. i'd love to see the western style back on the sims, especially if it's presented like the idea you gave, i love it soo much

I havent play that but watched some videos of the Sims 2 w/ Sunset Canyon. I liked the theme there too!

A redditor remade it and some other Strangetown neighborhoods from across the series:

l7pksclxjaz51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f55f81985d06d47a492c81292e5cc6c2df94af43

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims3/comments/juc5bp/im_recreating_my_own_version_of_strangetown/

It would be beautiful if EA officially did something like this^

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,613 Member
    edited February 24
    wow looks awesome, like a hd version!!
    and yeah something like that would be great. hopefully we'll get to see more western styles on the Sims, it has so much potential.
    giphy.gif