Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Lets talk more about Sims 5.

124...Next

Comments

• Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member

[*] Bigger worlds, I need more lots per world, this trend of giving us 5-7 lots per world with tons of unusable space around the lots has got to stop! While I don't need to have 100 lots per world, about 30 would be sufficient for me. Stop Restricting Us!
    [*]
    [*] Traits that actually make sims behave different from each other, I personally do not like the emotions, I think they're too over powering. I also would like to get rid of the happy, smiling, default sims (unless your sim has the "Perpetually Happy" trait, or something like that). I don't know anybody in RL who wears a smile 24/7.

Yes in TS2 you had a huge land and you set down the land plots. 64x64 or 12x16 etc. And you decide if its a community lot or residential. Want something like that back.

I think the whole emotion system needs to be scrapped and go back to a personality point/trait hybrid system, accompanied by an attraction system. Their personality HAS to make a difference in the gameplay. I want each sim to act and think differently.

What I'd like to see with regards to land is the ability to take two lots and join them...much like "land-assembly" in real life (when developers turn around and buy up several lots beside each other and build them into one huge development (like a condo complex or a townhouse development - yeah, I used to be in real estate)...and make it into one friggin' humungous lot where you can build a ginormous house...once your sims get stinkin' rich.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

[*] Bigger worlds, I need more lots per world, this trend of giving us 5-7 lots per world with tons of unusable space around the lots has got to stop! While I don't need to have 100 lots per world, about 30 would be sufficient for me. Stop Restricting Us!
    [*]
    [*] Traits that actually make sims behave different from each other, I personally do not like the emotions, I think they're too over powering. I also would like to get rid of the happy, smiling, default sims (unless your sim has the "Perpetually Happy" trait, or something like that). I don't know anybody in RL who wears a smile 24/7.

Yes in TS2 you had a huge land and you set down the land plots. 64x64 or 12x16 etc. And you decide if its a community lot or residential. Want something like that back.

I think the whole emotion system needs to be scrapped and go back to a personality point/trait hybrid system, accompanied by an attraction system. Their personality HAS to make a difference in the gameplay. I want each sim to act and think differently.

What I'd like to see with regards to land is the ability to take two lots and join them...much like "land-assembly" in real life (when developers turn around and buy up several lots beside each other and build them into one huge development (like a condo complex or a townhouse development - yeah, I used to be in real estate)...and make it into one friggin' humungous lot where you can build a ginormous house...once your sims get stinkin' rich.

Oh that'd be cool.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited February 2021
    Graphics wise I hope it'll have the same system as 4, just with more detailed textures. For example the grass in Sims 4 is literally a green blob

kuEXThu.png

Whilst in 5 I'd like to see grass look more like this mod
    tumblr_p4in6qSnfL1u4ygwbo6_1280.jpg

For sims aswell I'd like to see a similar system and style, just with more realistic textures similar to these cc skins
    skin1.png
    skin2.png
    Liked this article that talked about Sims 5 lore possiblities:

https://gamerant.com/sims-5-lore-problem-sims-4-townies-generations/

What ideas do you guys have for any Sims 5 lore?

Id like them to do a sequel to Sims 2 lore. The Sims 3 is a prequel, and the Sims 4 is a reboot/alternate timeline. Id like them to include new families too. And the story album with pictures and descriptions (neighborhood screen) again. I like how in TS2 the family album photos had no descriptions so you could speculate whats going on in the photo.

edited February 2021
    I have an idea for a Sims 5 expansion.
    I like how TS3:ITF gave us a dystopian, neutral, utopian world. I like the time travel aspect. I also liked the Sims Medieval. Id like our sims to be able to be living in an alternate reality Western world(not 100%accurate)

634183.jpg

Upon downloading the expansion it comes with a new world. It's western themed, but far back in sim past. The Landgrabbs own a lot of property and the oil. The Goths are renowned "old money" family. There are new careers or parttime work: sheriff, lapidaries,quarrymen, blacksmiths, cowboys etc. Your sim can go to the outskirts of town to mine for gold.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQCRtEcFzqXpo6Q5heJ8TVkKOhTAQwNKLDVNQ&usqp=CAU

There are new skills and activities , like churning butter,making soap,cutting wood, and other chores. There are no cell phones or digital world. You can write letters to friends or family however, and take a horsedrawn cart or stationwagon to their ranch/property to visit them.

movie_stagecoach.jpg

Your sims can own and manage hotels and saloons. Be careful of any robbers or shootouts!

Robbery-30X24-full-view.jpg

More images/concept art to fit the theme:
    9b1b9ad001dd99b612147a431d668023.png
    51NV4-BOhPL._AC_SY1000_.jpg
    d9a0x09-a0ca9d51-1297-45ed-b045-c9f6946029e1.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvNWZiZTJjZGEtY2I5OS00ZGIwLThjZTYtOWQxYTdiZTQyMmMxXC9kOWEweDA5LWEwY2E5ZDUxLTEyOTctNDVlZC1iMDQ1LWM5ZjY5NDYwMjllMS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.WCRLvhsn4PniRn0_mlfPHu5RZTMrSeZ6j79i_i5Ufxk

• simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,707 Member
    Love the western theme @StrawberryYogurt. Reminds me of Red Dead Redemption. My third favorite game after Sims 4 and Planet Zoo. Have you played it?
    edited February 2021
    Love the western theme @StrawberryYogurt. Reminds me of Red Dead Redemption. My third favorite game after Sims 4 and Planet Zoo. Have you played it?

I haven't played it but seen some clips. I love the western theme! It's just too graphic for me. But I like reading western books (Little House On the Prairie, anyone?) and watching movies/podcasts. I especially like reading about the Oregon Trail.

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    reminds me of Sunset Canyon on the sims 2 for console. it was a lot including a movie set inspired on the western style, it was quite simple but there was a saloon and some other buildings if i remember correctly. i'd love to see the western style back on the sims, especially if it's presented like the idea you gave, i love it soo much
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    edited February 2021
    The Anthem reboot has now been officially cancelled, so there are a couple of dozen people in EA looking for their next project.

Edit: I forgot that was the Bioware branch of the company. Brain freeze on my part.
    Post edited by SimSpock on
    bella_goth wrote: »
    reminds me of Sunset Canyon on the sims 2 for console. it was a lot including a movie set inspired on the western style, it was quite simple but there was a saloon and some other buildings if i remember correctly. i'd love to see the western style back on the sims, especially if it's presented like the idea you gave, i love it soo much

I havent play that but watched some videos of the Sims 2 w/ Sunset Canyon. I liked the theme there too!

A redditor remade it and some other Strangetown neighborhoods from across the series:

l7pksclxjaz51.jpg?width=640&crop=smart&auto=webp&s=f55f81985d06d47a492c81292e5cc6c2df94af43

https://www.reddit.com/r/Sims3/comments/juc5bp/im_recreating_my_own_version_of_strangetown/

It would be beautiful if EA officially did something like this^

• bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    edited February 2021
    wow looks awesome, like a hd version!!
    and yeah something like that would be great. hopefully we'll get to see more western styles on the Sims, it has so much potential.
  • Randie_ReignsRandie_Reigns Posts: 59 Member
    I want to create and change everything! All of the top wants we say over and over again. I want those things.

What I want the most is the funny, detailed animations we had in Sims 2. I enjoyed those Sims in normal gameplay more than any other game. I want improved AI and routing. It was good in 3. I'm so over fighting with my sims and watching them go to the top floor to use the bathroom when they passed 3 or 4 to get there. Right now, I stick to one-level homes with only 1 or 2 bathrooms so they don't have crazy routing.

Sims has hit the mark with improved CAS and building. I want them to focus on gameplay now. Personalities! Consequences! Funny not so realistic ailments. Kind of how Two-point hospital does them. I think we all love the quirks of sims. Maybe that should be part of the traits system. Add a quirk. Wouldn't it be fun to have a neat sim that refuses to clean her own house? LOL. True rich sim there! Better hire a maid or two!
  • SimsAddict_244SimsAddict_244 Posts: 274 Member
    - Personalities: If they're going with traits for personalities, I don't want them to be static. Sims life experiences could impact their personalities which means the need of some kind of memory system. Traits could become stronger/weaker/remain the same over time during gameplay. They could even get new traits. Could use sliders or personality points to determine the strength of traits to begin with. personalities can be determined thanks to interests, traits, talents, memories (life experience), attraction etc. all of which can evolve during gameplay.

- Attraction/romance: Everything from CAS (hair, eye color, make up, species etc.) + interests + personalities (possibility of having couples with opposite personalities), polyamory (not everyone have to be jealous), I liked S2 having bolts to show how attracted two sims are to each other, unrequited romance, romantic interactions on beds, couches, tables, slow dancing. bachelor party + honeymoon.

- Career: Career branches at several level, working from home, self-employment, don't have issue with rabbitholes for some careers so long we can still see the building, active careers, (home) business.

- Worlds: Preferably open world + CAW feature + travel in other worlds available + living in vacation worlds + open restaurants + seasons at launch

- CASt for CAS and build mode

- School: homeschooling, private/public schools, university

- Supernaturals: Vampire, Witch, Werewolf and others

- Miscellaneous: rotational gameplay, cars, free babies, S4 type toddlers + learning how to walk, NPC (burglar, firefighter, police, maid etc.), play interaction, living a double life, reputation (sims acting like a good person in front of the neighbors while being different person behind closed doors), cleaning skill, children learning how to cook, possibility of failing grades without automatically being sent to the army/taken away by social services, no teens automatically running away if relationships with both parents are bad.

- Having toggles so I can remove/change specific stuffs I do not like

I have plenty more but that's all I can say right now. I'll probably add more later.
  • Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited April 2021
    izecson wrote: »
    I speculate that the game will be released at 2022, maybe the production already began when Grant Rodiek leaving sims 4 development for another project, which I thought was Sims 5.

I don't think it'll release on 2022....it's probably too soon and devs said TS4 is going to continue for more years (somehow). I do think they started to work on it around when Grant left to "another project", which was when CL released. They had job openings for TS5 since then, but it was probably on the concept phase then. Probably only going into production this year since it's only now that they had openings for people to work on CAS etc, more specific features.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,403 Member
    Are you sure that there wouldn't be some that would whine about gratuitous violence with the Western style gunfights? :smirk:

"oh...no...the scantily clad female sim is just way too risque for my little boopsy-kins to see".
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Hauk150Hauk150 Posts: 358 Member
    I would like to see in the sims 5, implementing the best from all the previous games plus new features, like having the sims 3 open world, the sims 4 cas, and the tons of content from sims 2, and many more. It would be awesome if the sims 5 is a great game :)
  • NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited April 2021
    It’d be great if the vacation system were included in the base game.

More pre-modern aesthetics in base game overall. If they give us cellphones, I hope they also give us landline phones or pay phones. Give us typewriters just like you give us computers. And I could go on with that. But in every aspect from gameplay to CAS to B/B, I’d like to see a more serious effort to including elements for people who don’t want to play modern/contemporary gameplay.

The ability to accept or decline a promotion rather than just receiving it automatically. Or have an option for automatic and prompted promotions.

A way to turn off auto generating on townies for the world.

A way to better control townies and NPCs in general (deciding if they can travel between worlds if that Mechanic is included, a way to make NPCs genuinely non-playable [as in townies or premades shouldn’t just swap around the NPC vendor roles constantly], a way to designate either premade outfits for them or limiting the kinds of clothing the game can generate for them).

More Longer hairstyles. More tattoos with more customization options. More piercings.

More hobbies in base game. More instruments aside from guitars and violin and piano. More methods of art aside from painting. More physical activities for working out aside from the treadmill. It’d be cool if yoga were in the base game.

Homeschooling.

Children need more activities in general. Dance. Martial arts. Sports. Might as well throw bunk beds in the base game too.

A better grid/slot system for placing objects (mostly decor). Small decorative objects should be able to fit on way more surfaces than they can now. Multiple objects should be able to occupy one slot (especially if it’s decorative).

Small detail animations like retrieving objects from cabinets and cupboards when cooking, drawing/closing the curtains, searching through closets or wardrobes for their clothes, physically touching doorknobs to open doors, etc. Tactility is sorely missing from TS4.

The job hunt process should have a more complex feature, similar to TS2 where you had to check the listings, and the offerings changed each day. Maybe return to that or have an application process rather than just having all jobs made available so easily.

A more complex finance system. Having a bank account total for the entire household should merely be the summation of each individual’s account. This would make different household scenarios more dynamic (for example, building a large gated community with multiple families on one lot with their own separate accounts makes that family feel much more individual).

An increase to the total amount of Sims (and pets) in a household.

Sicknesses. And make them actually have consequences. Like death.

More heavy consequences in general. Negative moodlets are not an adequate consequence, IMO.

I hope skill building has this change: no automatic first level skill gain as soon as your Sim starts the task.

This is all on top of many of the other things listed in the original post, and the other posts here. I really just want complex Sims living complex lives in a complex world because the game itself is complex.

Post edited by NationalPokedex on
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited April 2021
    I recently found this picture by Iola Cathern on Artstation which I think showcases the style I would prefer for the sims5. Less like a cartoon like they look like in the sims4 but not super realistic.

7TCmvOL.png

More details for the skin, no more clay hair, more details in the eyes and around them, eyelashes, more detailed mouth and nose. Better lightning details on the sim itself, especially the hair.
    Are you sure that there wouldn't be some that would whine about gratuitous violence with the Western style gunfights? :smirk:

"oh...no...the scantily clad female sim is just way too risque for my little boopsy-kins to see".

It doesnt need to have gratuious violence. Its still the sims. But it can have mild violence like in other games. Not read dead redemption level.

• NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited April 2021
    I know that there's a good argument about how EAxis could definitely drop the ball with TS5 (which is really understandable), but I also have a feeling that they might actually really try next time. And the only reason I think that's the case is because of the existence of Paralives, Little Sim World, and the could-be, will-it-be supposed life sim game that Rod Humble is scheming up over at Paradox Tectonic (for the sake of this argument, and for all of the hope in my being, I'm assuming it's a life sim that they're making although they've not confirmed anything as of 2021. Although last March, in an interview, Rod Humble did say we'd be hearing more about the game soon. Well, then the pandemic happened, so I've stretched my definition of soon, but I have a feeling we'll be hearing about it at some point this year).

Regardless of how similar or dissimilar any of these games are in style or content from The Sims, it doesn't really change the fact that suddenly EA will have actual competition in the life sim genre on a scale that they haven't had before, especially at a level where their own GameChangers are making videos about these upcoming games.

I'm one of those players who, while enjoying TS4, definitely keeps playing it because there aren't too many other life sim games out there (unless we count Animal Crossing - which I play, and Stardew Valley - which I plan on picking up at the next Nintendo eShop sale). The more other options pop up, the more interested I am to check them out, which in turn takes away some of my interest in TS4.

So, TS5 will have to be strong to keep players like me, who have found more fulfilling options, even glancing in its direction, and the only way it's going to do that is by proving itself to be a worthy sequel, not simply a reversal back to the beginning. There's no point to stick around for it if it's just not going to actually present itself like a 5th iteration of a game should.

What I'm trying to say is that TS4 has a large audience yes, but they could potentially lose a portion of that audience when more games come on the market, and if players decide that TS5 isn't worth the time and money it would take to feel like a fully realized game. So, I think they might actually take TS5 seriously and try to keep as many fans as they can from straying.
  • ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    So, TS5 will have to be strong to keep players like me, who have found more fulfilling options, even glancing in its direction, and the only way it's going to do that is by proving itself to be a worthy sequel, not simply a reversal back to the beginning. There's no point to stick around for it if it's just not going to actually present itself like a 5th iteration of a game should.

I lost hope in TS5 when EA/Maxis keep trying to influence simmers to choose open neighborhoods over open world system that can do that as well. It's "easier" to for their devs and cheaper because not as much thought needed to put in it to coding it. But if you have a bunch of small neighborhoods, this will be problematic for story progression across all them to keep them updated with each other. This isn't a problem with open worlds that can have several districts and neighborhoods in the same world.

They also want to get rid of CASt - changing patterns of objects - because it looks like they want to sell the same objects again but with different patterns - a rip off all over again. They say that the patterns take too long to load in build/buy modes, but on an SSD and installing a game booster speeds loading up, so that's not much of an issue. Moreover, if the devs went to college, one of the earliest things taught was Data Structures and how to store, load and retrieve them efficiently and quickly without lag. It's not difficult AT ALL and won't take long to implement. That's why I think they're trying to rip us off by discouraging a need for CASt for TS5 so you'd have to buy the same objects in different patterns.

TS3 had a large team that worked on it, but it resulted in simmers given vast powers to shape their worlds and game any way they want - also all the objects for it are not the same objects sold over and over again - they are all unique. I want the same care for TS5 the way they did for TS3 (and TS2 and TS1!).

Even if they did care, there's also the problem of EA/Maxis insisting this to have some sort of online component that could add in-game advertising, and loot box surprise mechanics and other microtransactions like they've done to their sports video games. Also competition which for some crazy people who are only all about winning, will waste their money buying these just to get that winning edge. All that will just spoil the game even more.