Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Boo! A New Stuff Pack Appears!

EA_LeelooEA_Leeloo Posts: 2,019 EA Staff (retired)
Sul sul Simmers!

Things are getting a little scary. Tune in to find out more about the new Stuff Pack at 8 a.m. PT on January 12! 👻

Comments

• Options
    AzukiMochiAzukiMochi Posts: 118 Member
    Hm. Interesting. From what I've seen and heard, it seems like it might be a Ghost Busters-like pack. That's certainly something new. Though I suppose the closest would be Sims 3: Ambitions in the ghost hunter career. The ghosts in the picture look kind of cute though, I will admit. (Hey Leeloo, it's me. The one who couldn't access my account on this site earlier. xD Thanks again for the help with that! :D)
    giphy.gif
    I be obsessed with faeries. As well as mermaids.
  • Options
    krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    leeloo
    i hope is have proton packs and ghost traps :)
  • Options
    StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,450 Member
    According to Sims Community Bonehilda is back & you can earn a paranormal investigators license.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Starfree wrote: »
    According to Sims Community Bonehilda is back & you can earn a paranormal investigators license.

ooooh! Just read the decription: seances and bonehilda!!!! That sounds SO GOOD!
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Please include fear emotion, please please please.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    It's starting, here's hoping for Torch!
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Love it!
    eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek <3
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Looks good, but not for me; I am not a supernatural player so it goes on the "for a sale" list.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Omg!!! What do you guys think?
    Not as creepy as I like but I didn't expect it to be. Seems like a good balance!! The seances omg
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    Did that look like the fear has been added to you guys? Or maybe they jus added scared animations?
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Séance table with crystal ball, as suspected. Good. But I noticed that when Guidry told the sims about seances, his bubble featured the table WITHOUT a crystal ball. Maybe the crystal ball is optional?

We can keep those ghost things in a jar? I'm guessing we can't treat them as small pets though, RIP.

Some cups and jars with smoke billowing out of them. Cool. We also got a hand model for palm-reading, which I don't really care about because we have something similar already. I did like the creepy, glowy hands thing coming out of the ground though.

Cursed objects might be eh. When we do freelance jobs, are the items just on the ground and waiting for us? It would be more fun to actively try and figure out which item is haunting the house, so we'd have to seek it out.

Most of the BB/CAS we see doesn't interest me, though. The normal stuff is bleh, and there's not a lot of variety in the paranormal stuff. But hopefully there's better stuff waiting in the wings.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    This looks so amazing I can't believe it's a stuff pack!!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Looks great to me! I will have to watch it again a few times, but it seems like there is also a great amount of new furniture and decor that I like a lot.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Looks great to me! I will have to watch it again a few times, but it seems like there is also a great amount of new furniture and decor that I like a lot.

Exactly, I love the furniture and the clothes. Will probably never use the lot type at all, or very very sparingly. So a sale with 40% or more off? Sure.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Did that look like the fear has been added to you guys? Or maybe they jus added scared animations?
    Hard to tell if it's just the usual trailer tricks or an actual new emotion they're showing. It's more likely they're just tricking us and making the trailer look good than they actually adding a fear emotion. But lets hope they include it in the pre pack patch.

Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,407 Member
    So excited! Plus Bonehilda is back! Sneaky background walking, but I caught it :mrgreen:
    This is perfect for my spellcaster/occult sims and I can imagine how fun it'd be for those in Strangerville, too.
    Thank you!
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Hard to say by this short video if it will be good or bad, still on the fence regarding this one
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited January 2021
    This looks amazing, I'm surprised at the furniture style though - it looks very Moroccan inspired which is totally opposite of what I expected from this pack. Seems very random to add Moroccan styled stuff when there's no Moroccan world - possible hint at a future pack?
  • Options
    krist556krist556 Posts: 70 Member
    i did not see any proton packs and ghost traps :'(
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,908 Member
    LOVE the seance table, will definitely be using that.
    I like the BB style, will definitely use several things here. Does anyone else see a callback to TS2 (and possibly TS3) in some of these items, particularly the lights?
    CAS is just sort of meh for me.
    I don't care for the new ghosts.
    I don't know that I will use the new career and new lot type often, but I'm definitely looking forward to trying them out at least once.
  • Options
    ParmaViolet87ParmaViolet87 Posts: 1,800 Member
    I'm liking what I see so far :smiley: Seances? Yes please!! Love the look of BB and CAS too.
    giphy.gif
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    *Squeeeeeee*
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    emereemere Posts: 1,755 Member

I skipped the last 2 stuffpacks, but now I saw something I want to play: give it to me! <3<3<3

Thanks! My vampires are so happy:

cNaKTMP.png
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    I'm thinking the hauntings are based on Harvestfest Gnomes actions. At one point in the trailer, you see the Sim kick a Voodoo doll like you must do to stop the Gnomes if you have angered them.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    It's a pity that we don't have any fear emotion in the game, apart from that though, I like that they did not use too many crazy animations in that trailer, a lot looked like what we will probably see in game.