Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

CAW Crashing

waterywatermelonwaterywatermelon Posts: 473 Member
edited March 5 in Nominated Threads
I can't download CAW from The Sims 3 Official Website. There is no download link.

So, I found the .exe file on this forum (https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/278761/caw-faqs-links-to-tutorials-and-resources-textures-amp-troubleshooting/p1).

But, it doesn't work.

I know I should download the 1.69 version, because I have that launcher. And I suspect that the .exe that I previously downloaded is the other version. Does anybody have the .exe file of CAW?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• Options
    HidehiHidehi Posts: 1,109 Member

https://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world

I'm obviously not sure if you have already tried and clicked 'I have read and accept the EA Online Terms & Conditions' but then the downloads should become available. :)
  • Options
    Hidehi wrote: »

https://www.thesims3.com/game/tools/world

I'm obviously not sure if you have already tried and clicked 'I have read and accept the EA Online Terms & Conditions' but then the downloads should become available. :)

Yes, I clicked on that before. The only thing it did was to make active the two buttons, but the downloads didn't show up. That's why I looked for TS3 CAW tool and began searching on the current The Sims forum > The Sims 3 section. Well, I found a version here, but after I installed it, the application crashed.
  • Options
    flstriderflstrider Posts: 1,912 Member
    Not sure if this is still working but you can try to download a copy here:

https://thesimscatalog.com/sims3/downloads/worlds/create-a-world-download/
    My World's thread linked in Sig
    NewSig.jpg

• Options
    flstrider wrote: »
    Not sure if this is still working but you can try to download a copy here:

https://thesimscatalog.com/sims3/downloads/worlds/create-a-world-download/

So, I went over to The Sims Catalog and downloaded a back-up copy of the Create-A-World tool. Then, I clicked on the .exe file and uninstalled the previous download and reinstalled this new download, hoping that it's a different version, but when I attempted to start The Sims 3 CAW tool, the application crashed again.

Oh, well. So much for creating worlds.

I might as well just use existing worlds and build upon them. Better than nothing.
  • Options

Hi @waterywatermelon :)

may I ask you what browser you are usually using? My default one is Chrome and I have just now tried to download CAW from the sims store but was unsuccessful .... seemingly the same problem as you've had. But then I decided to change to Microsoft Edge and hey presto success. I'm not sure if it will be the same for you if you switch browsers but it may be worth a try.

By the way have you tried to start CAW with run as administrator? That sometimes helps to prevent it from crashing.

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas if these suggestions won't work. But then there are some awesome empty worlds out there that you could have great fun with :) .
  • Options

Hi @waterywatermelon :)

may I ask you what browser you are usually using? My default one is Chrome and I have just now tried to download CAW from the sims store but was unsuccessful .... seemingly the same problem as you've had. But then I decided to change to Microsoft Edge and hey presto success. I'm not sure if it will be the same for you if you switch browsers but it may be worth a try.

By the way have you tried to start CAW with run as administrator? That sometimes helps to prevent it from crashing.

I'm afraid I'm out of ideas if these suggestions won't work. But then there are some awesome empty worlds out there that you could have great fun with :) .

My default one is actually Microsoft Edge, but I will try Chrome and see if it works. Hope it does.

I will also try to run CAW as administrator and see if that helps.

I will update this thread as soon as I do so.

Yeah... there are loads of empty worlds already made. I've already downloaded the "Castle Island" world from MTS, I think, and I love this world! It has no roads, which is perfect for a historical/medieval town in which I can lay the foundations of the Royal Kingdom Challenge.
  • Options
    edited January 2021
    Okay... I tried it on Microsoft Edge and Chrome, and the CAW tool wouldn't show up.

I tried to run CAW as administrator. Nope, still crashed.

The only option I have is to use existing worlds, so I am going to do just that.

Well, I also have SimCity4. That is a great game by itself. You can create a city and drive in it, too. Though, the driving aspect can be a bit confusing. I really hate that isometric view. The more recent SimCity is more fun, IMO, and much better than SimCity BuildIt. No way am I going to pay EA for in-game content; I just want to play. Plus, the SimCity4 game can be used as a tool to build The Sims 2 terrains. :blush:
  • Options

Thanks for letting me know. Shame it didn't work and I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help :/ . I'm sure you'll enjoy playing in whichever world you'll choose. Happy Simming! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2021

Thanks for letting me know. Shame it didn't work and I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help :/ . I'm sure you'll enjoy playing in whichever world you'll choose. Happy Simming! :)

@Hidehi

Hey, I just want to give you an update. I finally have figured out the problem!

I was supposed to log into my The Sims 3 account BEFORE downloading the CAW software. Always check to make sure that you are logged in! If you are not logged in, then you cannot download CAW. Haha.

Edit To Add: Now, I finally have the correct version of CAW, and this CAW can now function properly without any crashing! Yea! Now, I can create my own The Sims 3 worlds!!!
  • Options

Hi @waterywatermelon :) awesome news!! ... and you've made me laugh 🤣😂🤣

Thank you very much for letting me know! I'm so glad to read that you will be able to create your own world. Show us some screenshots of your progress please :D Have fun and happy CAW-ing

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top