Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Eco Living playable?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 433 Member
    Kita5399 wrote: »
    I keep mine off from the start, it was a mess in my test save at first. I think one of the patches fixed the issue that caused them to “stick” to a save, just be sure to back up your saves, and turn them off at the start. I have a legacy I’ve been playing since 2017, and it has been fine, I can use all the other features, just keep the NAP’s off.

Stick to a save, that must've been what happened to my Sim when I took her to a community space I had just built, and put in her town. She had never been to one with me.
    I got a message that said she had learned how to get a promotion on the job of Civil designer and what she had to do.
    But as said she's never been involved in the eco lifestyle in my game.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    It's playable, I see someone posted sharing is caring has been toned down, that's good because they were swiping everything, including the bathroom sinks, mirrors, counters I had placed outside near the grill, tables, sofas, from the community space.
    I haven't played in a while, but its playable. Still working on getting the trash out of the neighborhood, Have to vote for a modern development or green initiative to get it removed.
    The wind turbines break alot, had a few of them on my lot and they kept breaking.
    Have to wash the solar panels, had a few of them on my lot and they got dirty and my Sim complained of the smell.
    That's when I learned you have to clean them.
    The lights get turned off when you vote for power conserve, and you can get influence points just by becoming or being friendly with other sims. You need influence points to be able to vote.
    You can change your neighborhoods footprint a little by going into uninhabited lots and changing some things on the building, like windows, floors, wall paint. It will say in build mode their ratings.
    Also add trees, and bushes to that lot. Have fun.

edit: My Sim is a fabricator, but he doesn't seem to like it much that's why I stopped playing for a while.
  • Options
    lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,096 Member
    SimzSizzle wrote: »
    The wind turbines break alot, had a few of them on my lot and they kept breaking.
    Have to wash the solar panels, had a few of them on my lot and they got dirty and my Sim complained of the smell.

Mine hasn't broken yet. Maybe because it's upgraded? And I've never seen any options for the solar panels, but I have the roof ones.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • Options
    EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,929 Member
    lisamwitt wrote: »

Mine hasn't broken yet. Maybe because it's upgraded? And I've never seen any options for the solar panels, but I have the roof ones.
    That is why, those will not need any maintenance or updates :)

My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • Options
    YamsisimsYamsisims Posts: 111 Member
    Eco Living is a hot mess. Don't plan on gardening it's a waste of time with Eco Living. Solar panels and Wind turbines don't do nothing to help lower the bills. Don't hold your breath for a serious Eco Living patch.

That has not been my experience. I have solar and windmills and water collectors, and they all appear to help my bills.
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Okay... so playing today, the sun rays started doing their thing and my game just lagged and froze and was unplayable for nearly 10 minutes.

If you are desperate there is a way to get rid of it for awhile. Move your family out to another lot and keep their furniture. Turn on bb.showhiddenobjects, then go into the household inventory. You will find an object (or in my case 11!) called sunrays. Delete that. Then you can move back into your home.
    However, this means you will have to set your house up again, so I ended up going out without saving. My Sim's house is a mansion, with extensive decor because I've had it for several generations. I decided I wasn't desperate enough yet to want to set it up from scratch. But if you are, that works.

What would be ideal is if we could see it and delete it without having to move. If someone is clever enough to tackle this issue with a mod that would be awesome.
    Post edited by lisamwitt on
  • Options

It could be because of the upgrade they're not breaking as much.
    I never reported it but ty to whoever did if they did. The solar panels I have are triangle shaped and I didn't put them on the roof.
    The house was build on a platform, so I put them right on the platform at the side of the house. The location happened to be right outside his living room and one day he was sitting there watching tv and started sniffing, then I saw the boot. I hunted around clicking on everything
    and learned it was the solar panels.
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    Okay... so playing today, the sun rays started doing their thing and my game just lagged and froze and was unplayable for nearly 10 minutes.

If you are desperate there is a way to get rid of it for awhile. Move your family out to another lot and keep their furniture. Turn on bb.showhiddenobjects, then go into the household inventory. You will find an object (or in my case 11!) called sunrays. Delete that. Then you can move back into your home.
    However, this means you will have to set your house up again, so I ended up going out without saving. My Sim's house is a mansion, with extensive decor because I've had it for several generations. I decided I wasn't desperate enough yet to want to set it up from scratch. But if you are, that works.

What would be ideal is if we could see it and delete it without having to move. If someone is clever enough to tackle this issue with a mod that would be awesome.

Any idea what is causing the sunray issue?
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Any idea what is causing the sunray issue?

I can only speculate based on what I'm seeing.

In Sims 2, you could get a buildup of memories, partial Sim files, gossip, etc. It would clutter up your game and slow it down over time and the best way to deal with it was to use things like the ffs lot debugger or SimPE that could remove it, or start a fresh game. It reminds me very much of that.
    The game puts these invisible sunray objects on your lot, and seems to just keep adding more of them over time. I had 11 of them when I looked. And each one of these is telling the game to do something. It's just cluttering things up and making my game "think" too hard.

I asked about a mod and discovered that someone over at MTS created one that disables the sunray objects. It doesn't delete them, so it remains to be seen if they will eventually cause issues again. For now, it seems to alleviate the problem and my game is running normally again. https://modthesims.info/d/650671/remove-eco-lifestyle-sunray-due-to-green-footprint.html

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    @lisamwitt Thanks for the link. I was on the fence about this pack for a long time but I think I will finally get it. My computer isn't the best so I definitely want to avoid the lag. I think I will get that mod just to be sure.