Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Washing Dishes Is Still An Issue?

13...Next

Comments

• Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited November 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Yesterday I started playing in the Ito household. Their sink had been place on a counter in the middle of the room that was made to look like a kitchen island. I noticed they were choosing to wash dishes in a near by bathroom. I decided on a whim that I didn't like the kitchen layout and moved the sink to a counter against the wall with no decor or items above it and they now wash their dishes in the kitchen sink. I feel like sink positioning is a big issue when it comes to where sims will choose to wash their dishes.

Maybe but I dunno.

NStWk8X.png My sims eat at the table right here then without the mod will leave the room, walk upstairs to a small bathroom at the far end of the house and wash the dishes there. There's actually a down stairs full bathroom right behind that door by the kitchen but they ignore that for the upstairs one too.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Yesterday I started playing in the Ito household. Their sink had been place on a counter in the middle of the room that was made to look like a kitchen island. I noticed they were choosing to wash dishes in a near by bathroom. I decided on a whim that I didn't like the kitchen layout and moved the sink to a counter against the wall with no decor or items above it and they now wash their dishes in the kitchen sink. I feel like sink positioning is a big issue when it comes to where sims will choose to wash their dishes.

I think you're absolutely right. I don't have issues with my sims not washing dishes in the kitchen sink, ever. But, I also always have a sink under a window in every house, because that's what I prefer in RL, to have the ability to look outside while doing the un-fun chore of washing dishes.

I don't ever have anything on the wall tile that the counter shares with a sink, and I think that's part of it. Wall items should theoretically have no footprint and should not effect anything on the ground or beneath it, but some wall items do indeed have a footprint which make items below it not usable. Like for example, the wall mounted toilet paper holder, if it's too close to the toilet from using MOO to place it so it's not 2 feet away and out of arm's reach, it will interfere with the sims ability to use the toilet. at least in my case it did.

• Options
    jessalliejessallie Posts: 27 Member
    Mine seem to be washing the dishes at the nearest sink, so sometimes it's usually the bathroom. So frustrating. About to download Scumbumbo's mod again.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    My Sims have done it for so long I don't even care anymore. Saves me from getting them a dishwasher, because they still wash in the BR sink when they have a dishwasher.
  • Options
    KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,576 Member
    In my latest save, they'll typically use the kitchen sink to wash dishes. Occasionally there's still a trip to the bathroom sink but it's not as obvious as it had been.
  • Options
    netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I know it’s a bug and can be annoying. For me it’s now one of them quirky things I’ve associated with sims 4 that would feel odd if they wash dishes in the kitchen and didn’t annoy other sims who are on the toilet or having a shower/bath.
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2020
    So I've noticed that for some households they have no issue using the sink I put in the kitchen while in other households they travel to the bathroom but not all the time. Idk if it's because one of closer then the other at the time but for me it's not as bad as it was before.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    As long as bathroom sink isn't in direct line with kitchen then my sims will use the proper sink to do dishes. However as I can't afford a dishwasher in real life I generally give my sims one. Unless I play off the grid of course.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Brand new save with the dining table right next to the kitchen. The kitchen and bathroom sinks are the same. Sims gets up from the table, walks past the kitchen sink and goes to the bathroom one.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Check for anything above the sink. Even window blinds will stop them using the sink. I had to remove a blind from one the new snowy escape lots because sims were using the bathroom sink. It fixed the issue.
  • Options
    CellardwellerCellardweller Posts: 92 Member
    At least your Sims eventually wash them. In my one family they pick them up, stand there for a moment and put them on the closest surface and walk away. The sink, dishwasher and bathroom sink are all available. Nothing comes up in their bubble as the route being blocked. I've taken to just dragging the dishes into the garbage to get rid of them. I've gotten all of the updates lately. Dunno... The other buggy annoyance is that I no longer can press the scroll button and rotate in Sims 3 camera. It was such a convenience, now I have to go to the camera drop down and rotate.