Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Washing Dishes Is Still An Issue?

Comments

• Options
    AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Yep, it's still happening.

Sometimes my sim washes the dishes in the kitchen sink and sometimes they go all the way upstairs to wash them in the bathroom sink instead.

- game is fully patched w/ SE pack
    - brand new save game w/ brand new sim
    - no mods or cc installed

But the good news is my sim no longer watches the "neverending movie" or eats the "neverending meal".
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    I got rid of the problem by moving the dishwasher around the kitchen to test it and taking off everything on top of it and the problem hasn't come back in Snowy Escape yet. I do tell the Sims to use the dishwasher by clicking on it sometimes.
  • Options
    Bluebeard45Bluebeard45 Posts: 3,889 Member
    When they feel like picking up there dishes it's either the kitchen sink or the dishwasher. If they don't pick them up I put the dirty dishes in there bedroom. Now if I can get them to stop cooking the frig can't handle all these leftovers.
  • Options
    JENI2810JENI2810 Posts: 29 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I just want to say that this is not being an issue for me since moving shelves from over the top of the kitchen sink. My sims are now washing their dishes in the kitchen sink almost every time.

Ah ha! I did wonder if that was the issue. I had considered it was the type of sink used - the same sink in the kitchen and the bathroom, until it was definitely a bathroom one in the bathroom! Though even if they do wash the dishes in the bathroom, at least they are doing the dishes! That's a winner for me every time!

The almost endless cooking, not eating, go to the fridge to cook something else is another story!

• Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    It’s gotten worse for me, the kitchen sink it basically invisible now. I put a plate on the counter next to the kitchen sink and they will pick it up and still go to the bathroom sink. They will use the dishwasher though.
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Seems like some of the issues were caused by stuff on/above the sink? This is why I don't use clutter. Just causes too many problems and have never seen a use for it anyway.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    Why am I not surprised that this is still an issue. This honestly makes me not want to install a kitchen sink at all or merge the bathroom and kitchen into one room since sims insist on cleaning dishes in the bathroom.
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    My sims have been washing their dishes in the kitchen so far. 100% of the time. That may change though.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    my sims are still washing their dishes in the bathroom sinks too..
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    Maybe instead of trying to "fix" the sinks they just add a toggle to sinks. So we can just toggle a sink as a kitchen sink or bathroom sink.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    I just patched my game and got the pack installed tonight....
    • Vanilla game
    • New TS4 Folder generated
    • No Mods
    • No CC
    • New Game

My girl washed dishes in the kitchen sink both times she cleaned up, but after using the restroom she went into the kitchen to wash her hands, go figure! lol

Oh oh :D
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    In all seriousness the AI system is all screwed up and needs tweaking.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    CareyEve36CareyEve36 Posts: 287 Member
    yes, I've had sims as well go all the way upstairs to wash dishes even when there's a sink right next to them! I've placed the dinner table as close to the kitchen sink as possible and still its like 50/50. One might go to the kitchen sink, then the other one will go to the bathroom one even if the kitchen sink is free! Its like every time they "fix" this game something else breaks!
  • Options
    AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    akaniki0 wrote: »
    They did say the patch was not retroactive.

This. Are those who are still experiencing this issue on already existing saves or brand new saves?

I started a few new saves (different types of Sims) in EA made homes specifically to test mods after this last patch. They all head for the bathroom to wash dishes.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    VentusMatt wrote: »
    Maybe instead of trying to "fix" the sinks they just add a toggle to sinks. So we can just toggle a sink as a kitchen sink or bathroom sink.
    That's gotta be the best idea I've seen.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    I think the issue is with the sink, not with the wash dishes interaction, my Sims took a poo downstairs but they always want to wash their hand after in upstairs bathroom
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Yeah, I sent my sim to the vacation home on the mountain and my sim went straight past the kitchen sink (right next to them) and up to the second floor to wash dishes. The other day I saw a sim washing her dishes on the 3rd floor of the house (kitchen is on the ground floor).

Surely they could just configure it so your sim will use the sink nearest to the fridge or something like that. Or just give you a "set as kitchen sink" option.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Taken last night

0PcpBY8.png

Hi Nate, I just thought of something, I thought I read somewhere that sims prefer to wash dishes in free standing sinks vs. sinks that are dropped down into a counter. Have you tried to change the sink type from the pedastal sink type to one that uses a counter and see if they still do it?

I couldn't find where I thought I read that, but it's just a thought. My sim uses the kitchen sink to wash her dishes, but both of my sinks are the type with a cabinet base.
  • Options
    BreeSashaBreeSasha Posts: 638 Member
    My sims are doing a bit better about washing dishes in the sink now that the only sink on the same floor/level is in the kitchen. The bathrooms are all upstairs and so that tends to reduce the amount of sims going up there to wash dishes. I noticed that change after Nov 10 patch.
  • Options
    AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member

That's LITERALLY what the modders have done to fix the issue, same with food preparation and counters. It's such a simple idea too, I don't understand why they just won't do it, it would take 5 minutes for them.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • Options
    Aine wrote: »

That's LITERALLY what the modders have done to fix the issue, same with food preparation and counters. It's such a simple idea too, I don't understand why they just won't do it, it would take 5 minutes for them.

Yes, but they may think by using an modder's suggestion, it would make them look bad. :D
  • Options
    GreatestPlannerGreatestPlanner Posts: 78 Member
    Ugh..

I also notice my sims are taking their meal preparation to other counters as well even though they can perfectly cook on the kitchen counters and even do so most of the time, they still seem to take it to another place on some occasions. Super annoying.
  • Options
    I do not know if anyone else is noticing this, I had an Sims cooking their meal that I wanted them to make but soon as finished they put the food on the counter and went to the fridge and took out food and just left the food they just made, the AI system in this game is screwed.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,877 Member
    edited November 2020
    My sims still use the bathroom sink when the dishwasher is not available. They don’t know what that metal squared hole with a tap in the kitchen counter is for. Except drink water maybe.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Yesterday I started playing in the Ito household. Their sink had been place on a counter in the middle of the room that was made to look like a kitchen island. I noticed they were choosing to wash dishes in a near by bathroom. I decided on a whim that I didn't like the kitchen layout and moved the sink to a counter against the wall with no decor or items above it and they now wash their dishes in the kitchen sink. I feel like sink positioning is a big issue when it comes to where sims will choose to wash their dishes.