Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

EA Says 2021 will be another big year for The Sims 4

Comments

• Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Well, maybe they want to make a grand exit XD Just kidding....
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    sunman502 wrote: »
    Time to speculate. I am hopeful we'll finally get cars and sims we're not playing asking our sims to marry them in 2021

Cars would be nice. I know for a fact that cars can work in a closed world environment because Sims 2 had cars and Sims 3 Xbox 360 version and Sims 3 Pets Xbox 360 version had them also. And all three Sims games were in fact closed worlds.

The worlds in those games were designed to work with cars though. How would a car work in Sulani where there is no roads and the area is an island? A lot of Sims 4 worlds just aren't compatible with cars without a complete redesign of every neighborhood.
    Well that's the catch. They worked well in those three Sims games. But will cars work well in Sims 4?
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    LOL I want to know what they mean by “another” strong year. This year was the worse ever LOL. I have only bought knitting all year and I sort of regret that. Most likely I will get snowy escape and eco when 50 off but wow so far I have spent 10 bucks all year. That is a sign of a lackluster year for me.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,016 Member
    edited November 2020
    keekee53 wrote: »
    LOL I want to know what they mean by “another” strong year. This year was the worse ever LOL. I have only bought knitting all year and I sort of regret that. Most likely I will get snowy escape and eco when 50 off but wow so far I have spent 10 bucks all year. That is a sign of a lackluster year for me.

oh a mood.
    though I really enjoy knitting pack cause my personal love for the hobby and fact your sims can do it anywhere

I must say having so many niches like tiny living star wars and eco lifestyle which all didn't really appeal to me as themes was quite tiresome this year (even if each of them has object or 2 id have use for)

snowy is somewhat better because i love the japan theme but again i feel it lacks some very important details for the japan part of pack that would make it just so much better and more immersive for me and i feel they missed out on lot of potential by mixing the themes and taking too big a bite

I can just hope that 2021 will finally be year for better gameplay and more complete themes but i do have my doubts given the track record

also i really wish that they update outdoor retreat into actual game pack after asking all those survey things cause its falling below stuff packs in content now
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

oh a mood.
    though I really enjoy knitting pack cause my personal love for the hobby and fact your sims can do it anywhere

I must say having so many niches like tiny living star wars and eco lifestyle which all didn't really appeal to me as themes was quite tiresome this year (even if each of them has object or 2 id have use for)

snowy is somewhat better because i love the japan theme but again i feel it lacks some very important details for the japan part of pack that would make it just so much better and more immersive for me and i feel they missed out on lot of potential by mixing the themes and taking too big a bite

I can just hope that 2021 will finally be year for better gameplay and more complete themes but i do have my doubts given the track record

also i really wish that they update outdoor retreat into actual game pack after asking all those survey things cause its falling below stuff packs in content now

It feels like it is necessary to upgrade outdoor retreat now. I mean I used to have my sims go there basically to enjoy the winter and the holidays now I have the snowy escape which clearly will do winter and the holidays much better,.,lol I can't imagine a reason to go back to Granite Falls. Herbalism is bleh and with seasons the herbs are not always in bloom.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member

I too have only purchased the knitting pack all year. I found the knitting aspiration too demanding so cheated it. And the sweater curse never worked from a forbidden sweater purchased from plopsy.
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,888 Member
    Hopefully we'll get CARS. And since the questions about snow activities in the survey turned into Snowy Escape, and questions about sims reacting to their environment into a feature, I hope those questions about an American High School will turn into a GP at least. It's time kids and teens had a proper school building. Also I'm still hoping for Generations.
  • Options
    eternalrainneternalrainn Posts: 373 Member
    Am I the only one that feels like 2021 might be the redemption arc with TS4? I agree there's a lot to be done but I feel like with:

- Added skin tones
    - Fixing hair styles
    - Them realizing Journey To Batuu was a flop by putting it half off already
    - Snowy Escape being released when everyone has been wanting a winter activities themed pack
    - Added platforms
    - Added sentiments
    - Added the ability to rent and vacation in any world
    - Added ladders

I feel like they might actually be listening to the player base - even a little bit. Obviously there is still a lot wrong with this game but most of this stuff was just done in the past few months. I could be naïve but I have a good feeling.
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,432 Member

Tiny Living is a pretty good pack.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2020
    I knew it wouldn't end in 2021 😂 (I'm happy about that) the base game is still too lacking and they need too fix the game breaking bugs first, but I'm hoping that next year we have something for supernatural players and family players and maybe something completely new, I wrote I little list what I would like the sims 4 too have before it ends

. NPC burglars, police and social services

. Update babies and teens

. Adults give them midlife crisis 5 days before becoming an elder and elders an optional walking stick

. Cars/ other transport options

. Story progression for unplayed sims

.more personally enhancements ie more traits, maybe add 3 things your sims loves and hates, maybe add in another trait slot

Packs that I would love too come too the sims 4

Romantic and weddings we need slow dancing definitely

Hobbies game pack

Happy haunts

Theme park/ carnival

Farming

Items we need bunk beds and strollers

And last of all sort that sharing is caring too only happen too residential lots, then I will be happy with the sims 4 ending 😂
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,326 Member
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    edited November 2020
    I highly doubt they'll do much. More packs no one wanted, coupled with watered-down features in those we did want. 2020 was the 20th anniversary for this series--and all we got was a hottub and a few decorative items. Not really a whole lot to celebrate this milestone. Next year I think they really should look at what we actually want, not what committees and focus groups they obivously pay a whole lot more than whatever the annual hosting fee for this forum is. And for the most part, I bet those committees and fans aren't as diehard fans as we are--if they even play the game at all.

2021 will be a big year for the Sims, and I don't mean that in a good way. There is more than one potential competitor that will, at least, be in beta/early access before the year is over. It is do or die for the series. Either they be more careful in what is selected for packs; and try to add as many smaller features for packs, or else, fail. While Paralives has a lot to be desired (art style, no mods), it has plenty of features TS4 does not.

Things like cars and open-world I already accept as impossible with the engine--personality improvements and color wheels are not.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    In 2020, The Sims 4 is the 2nd before Apex Legends and Madden Ultimate Team

sims-410.png

EA getting that micro transaction money.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    ANOTHER BIG year???? Well that is an oxymoron, when did we ever have a big year/
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,326 Member
    edited November 2020
  • Options
    rhaliusrhalius Posts: 463 Member
    I'd like to see them finally release a big expansion focused on supernatural or fantastical elements instead of keep trying to cram that in a game pack.

Best would be a big supernatural expansion that also expands on vampires and magic at the same time.

Or a science fiction expansion with all kinds of future tech that also includes more star wars things.

• Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,243 Member
    rudy8292 wrote: »
    They say this every year.. and look what we got. (Star Wars for example). It's all just marketing Spiel and PR blablabla.

Hopefully we'll start getting stuff from the surveys now starting with Snowy Escape.

I don't have much hope for the sims next year.Last year they said the same thing .This year was pretty abysmal.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 9,016 Member
    edited November 2020
    rhalius wrote: »

Or a science fiction expansion with all kinds of future tech that also includes more star wars things.

Please o lord no don't do this ea
    i really dont need more scifi machiney packs and no more tm

other than that occult and fantasy is very much appreciated though

dragons, werewolves,fairies, updated plantsims, updated ghosty beings.. + some cute evil beings of choice i did not mention but i'll love them all

and some occulty activities like fortune telling rituals seances ouija boards magic shows and such cause idk i feel there is not enough things to do that are occult but not exactly tied to specific lifestate

perhaps graveyards and winged llamas of death and bonehilda and grimmy stuffs would be cool too
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member

sims-410.png

Nice. EA didn't give us the exact numbers, but they did say Apex Legends is on track for more than $500 million revenue in FY2021. Let's conservatively say Apex Legends' bar represents exactly $500 million in FY2021, we can estimate TS4's revenues from the chart as follows:

FY2017: $127 million
    FY2018: $220 million
    FY2019: $277 million
    FY2020: $359 million
    FY2021: $456 million (this is EA's own estimate since FY2021 is not over yet).

Finally we have some concrete numbers on how much money TS4 has made. The clear upward trend is exactly why TS4 won't end anytime soon - the game is making more money the ever, and ending it while it's still growing is the dumbest decision EA can make.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    sunman502sunman502 Posts: 18,325 Member
    elelunicy wrote: »

sims-410.png

Nice. EA didn't give us the exact numbers, but they did say Apex Legends is on track for more than $500 million revenue in FY2021. Let's conservatively say Apex Legends' bar represents exactly $500 million in FY2021, we can estimate TS4's revenues from the chart as follows:

FY2017: $127 million
    FY2018: $220 million
    FY2019: $277 million
    FY2020: $359 million
    FY2021: $456 million (this is EA's own estimate since FY2021 is not over yet).

Finally we have some concrete numbers on how much money TS4 has made. The clear upward trend is exactly why TS4 won't end anytime soon - the game is making more money the ever, and ending it while it's still growing is the dumbest decision EA can make.
    It wouldn't make any sense profitwise for EA to just end one of their cash cows like that. So TS4 is not going anywhere any time soon as long as it's being in the profits for EA.
  • Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    “Another Strong year” 2020 was hardly anything like that.
    Nonetheless I can only hope for the best, but they’ve disappointed us time and time again 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    another strong year for their CEO's wallets you mean right? because gamewise it was a lame year if you ask me. i ignored the SP's and GP's and i also didn't bother with eco lame. terrible year for this game ion my eyes. but i assume they still made profit because the game is still around and they're still bothering with it so..
  • Options
    elelunicyelelunicy Posts: 2,004 Member
    edited November 2020
    “Another Strong year” 2020 was hardly anything like that.
    Nonetheless I can only hope for the best, but they’ve disappointed us time and time again 🤷‍♂️

TS4 made over $350 million in fiscal year 2020 and it was TS4's strongest year since the game launched.

When they say "strong" they mean how it performs financially. It has nothing to do with content release.

Remember that those quotes are always from EA's earnings calls. They're making the statements to their investors/shareholders, not players.
    qidpmcvgek8y.png
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member

sims-410.png

I'm surprised that apex legend still going strong eventhough i havent heard the game ever being mentioned in the gaming news for the past year. I thought the hype is already died down
    ihavemultiplegamertags