Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Platforms in preparation for Showtime/bands?

I don't know if anyone thought of this already. But the new update with platforms got me thinking. Could this be in preparation for a Showtime/Bands pack since the platforms are an amazing way to create stages. Also they made it so that sims can interact with other sims no matter on what platform height they are standing. Just like artists who interact with the crowd. This might be not be te case but i thought it was interesting enough to share

Comments

• Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Yup. Thought of this as well. I need bands in my game.
    As in...next year ASAP.
  • Options
    ChatonChaton Posts: 144 Member
    This crossed my mind as well !
  • Options
    AuroraskiesAuroraskies Posts: 1,834 Member
    Me too. And did you notice the little situation of quietness and facial reactions when in the stream one SimGuru said exaltedly 'we can have staaages'(!); and the reaction it got from the SimGuru on the screen! (He could have misheard as well, but I like these speculations as well).

Waiting for bands I am going to fix my concert hall for classical music, with a real stage for an audience that can actually listen to my pianists and violin players.
    I hope any added band features would be as varied as real life's musical performances.
  • Options
    BjDabomb24BjDabomb24 Posts: 15 Member
    I also thought about this as well!
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    I don't know if we're getting bands, but since before Journey to Batuu my sims have been occasionally and randomly climbing on tables and counters and were able to talk to people below. Hope they fix this bug before release.
  • Options
    SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I hope that Showtime will be in game and it will fill the gap of Get Famous. I really hope that the world will be better than Del Sol Valley and the music from TS Superstar will be back.

• Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I love thinking that this could be true! If so, I hope we get drums, saxophones, and cellos with the pack!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    that would be nice
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    SerraNolwenSerraNolwen Posts: 731 Member
    I don't think that was the main intention, considering platforms are really important for creating the kind of architecture they were looking for in this pack and not having sims interact between platforms would have greatly slowed the game. Still, I do hope they take this as an occasion for creating stages. (And yeah, I did think about that and perk up when it was mentioned during the stream.) I'd love to see a band focused pack with sims actually singing and playing music together.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    edited November 2020
    This would be so cool!! But i'm building some stages anyway, ones with pianos, others with guitars or microphones... sims can play concerts individually already. But it would be so rad to be able to have a band and pursue real band career goals.
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I thought of it as well did not hurt that Graham also mentioned creating stages either way that's mostly what I will be using them for.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    Might be - they are indeed great for stages, which I have a ton of :) My impression was that they were useful for the japan build style with sunken floor etc. Platforms also feels good for "meditative builds" which probably fits the SE pack quite well (I don't have the pack yet).
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    VentusMattVentusMatt Posts: 1,028 Member
    edited November 2020
    I have been wanting a showtime pack since CL. With the singing skilled added back then it seemed like bands should of been added and then with GF it was another missed opportunity. I hope that if they do add a showtime pack that it includes not only bands but also magicians and acrobats. The active careers from ts3 were always my favorite and it's disappoints me how few active careers we have in ts4.

That said if they decide to only add bands I'd still be happy but it better be a GP then.
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    edited November 2020
    Never crossed my mind, but I hope not.
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    No, I don't think so. This was a request from builders in a long bucket list of things missing in TS4 over three years ago. Glad to see they finally got around to it.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.