Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would you Buy A Hair, Makeup, Tattoo Pack?

CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
As the companion poll to the all clothing pack idea, would you buy a pack that had only cosmetic items in like new hair styles, makeup, tattoos?

ETA: It could include more hair color options for normal colors and fun party colors (some of the normal colors should be added to the base game though), period hairstyles and updos.

ETA: One advantage to a dedicated Clothing and Cosmetics pack created by the Sims 4 team would be that you would not have to worry about outdated cc every time there's a game update or patch.

ETA: It would be a Stuff Pack.
Post edited by Catzilla on

Would you Buy A Hair, Makeup, Tattoo Pack? 150 votes

Yes, I'd love a pack like that!
32%
crocobauraTheSpotted_CBloosmooloubylouloualanmichael1goodcakebaker62catloverplayerAmj1995AquariusMomSPARKY1922smurf45blueKhrisstynefallenangel66blueyblueskyGracieO312SelinaKylessnoepjes1210fiercephoenix91rjssimInternal_Chaos 49 votes
Meh, I could take it or leave it.
16%
Yunaalexspoom13Isb917KitOnlyHumanMariefoxprice83luthienrisingSirenLuminostaydevjak135BabykittyjadeDaravifoxybillyTrimothannaliese39SummerStreaksillyangel0906kappowanMDianaSimscalipossSimsSlay 25 votes
No, I can hardly decide on that stuff now!
4%
simgirl1010RamblineRoseduhboy2u2catmando830QueenMercyScobre 6 votes
No, I'm not interested in stuff like that.
32%
IcewolfColorist40AyradyssAllearssuetoopEvilWitch83freindlylolWyrrenMindofyKennziKaigeAncientMuseAlwe1507phantasmkisskiwi84DragonAge_300905mikawagAPottsbenson2006ThenyoukissmeDoloresGrey 48 votes
Other...
14%
Frn0731keekee53elanorbretonakaniki0pammiechickMissmagoo2drakharisCAPTAIN_NXR7WaytoomanyUIDsDeKaySimKeatsVentusMattHearts4uHopeyStarrGrumpyGlowfishjoRN1414RavenSpitNikkihBecka28AngeliqueAdelaide 22 votes

Comments

• Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    We need to see how make-up will work after the upcoming update. We may not need an additional make-up pack so badly. They should also include more hats and head accessories like headbands, bows, flowers, wedding veils, etc.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    edited November 2020
    I would defo buy such a pack I loved the diesel pack in S3 but if a pack added extra hair, makeup and tattoos I would definitely go for it as we need more of everything in this category :)

My vote as yes I would love that pack is not showing for some reason..
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    I'll take it for Free, but I'm not paying for it.
  • Options

Duplicated answer. Yes, I agree but the idea I was thinking about was that normally they give us just a few new items with each new pack but what I had in mind was that there would be a lot more items included in a dedicated Clothing or Cosmetic pack.
  • Options
    @SPARKY1922 Try voting again, I may have been mid-edit.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Other...
    Its would need too be very long hairs, amazing make up and cool as anything tattoos lol
  • Options
    Jasonschick80Jasonschick80 Posts: 686 Member
    As long as the hairs were for males. The guys are seriously lacking in hairs whether it's head, facial hair or body hair.

Just look at Snowy Escape. Dudes only received 3 hairs and women received way more. Little unbalanced if you ask me.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited November 2020
    I’d probably buy it, but since I already have tons of hair and makeup cc, it’s not at the top of my list or anything. I’d much prefer something where cc is lacking (like drum sets).
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »

Duplicated answer. Yes, I agree but the idea I was thinking about was that normally they give us just a few new items with each new pack but what I had in mind was that there would be a lot more items included in a dedicated Clothing or Cosmetic pack.

Nope - not a duplicated answer - I only posted it once in this thread.
  • Options
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I’d probably buy it, but since I already have tons of hair and makeup cc, it’s not at the top of my list or anything. I’d much prefer something where cc is lacking (like drum sets).

Oh, yes, I'd love it if we could form bands or classical music trios/quartets and things. ;)
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    No. I want packs to add more game play. Not just new items.
  • Options
    edited November 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »
    No. I want packs to add more game play. Not just new items.

It would be a Stuff Pack rather than an Expansion pack or a Game pack so it wouldn't be a game play sort of pack.
  • Options
    Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    I'm content with what we have right now. Can't stand tattoos, I use them only if I go out of the way to make the absolute least appealing Sim for myself (which to be fair happens fairly often).
    A1hnP0t.png
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    I'm so fussy about makeup in the sims, I always end up using the same 2-3 eyeshadows. Though with the update in december that may change, I'm kinda doubting it, as the reason I don't like most of it is that so much strikes me as blotchy and messy - and not intentionally so. But then, maybe I'm just old and I don't get modern makeup trends.
  • Options
    AteezinWonderlandAteezinWonderland Posts: 96 Member
    I would love something like that. I also want tattoos layered together. Like if there is a tattoo on the inside of the bicep, the simmer should be able to add a tattoo on the outside of the bicep as well with no issues.

Makeup is super lacking, and, while I’m okay with hair thus far for female sims, I think male sims need more variety in terms of hair + hair for more younger male sims and older sims alike.
    Check out BTS and ATEEZ!
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    Other...
    maybe a stuff pack sized pack
    if i could have better haircolors for all hair in the game and it had makeup and hair I really like and have tons of use for

but I'm very particular about hairstyles and makeup so idk if they'd even include enough styles i really like cause like if i dont like the contents then its pretty much useless to me and eh.
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Simmingal wrote: »
    maybe a stuff pack sized pack
    if i could have better haircolors for all hair in the game and it had makeup and hair I really like and have tons of use for

but I'm very particular about hairstyles and makeup so idk if they'd even include enough styles i really like cause like if i dont like the contents then its pretty much useless to me and eh.

Yes, I was thinking it would be a stuff pack type thing.
  • Options
    RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    Other...
    just as in the clothing thread, it would depend on the styles, if it came with new haircolors that would be great too!
    Though I am not that interested in make-up.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• Options
    Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    Other...
    Maybe. The extra hair colours would be a BigInducement. Eyelashes would have to be as good or better than the existing free cc ones. And the horribke MAC makeup update has really made me doubt that I would want to pay for any new makeup.
    More tattoos would be wonderful.

I would really like more kinds of facial details eg. More and different kinds of freckles. Esp. Darker ones we can see in game not just in cas.

Bodyhair should be a freee update as it is a basic part of the body and should be free for everyone to use or not.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    the game needs more gameplay rather than more set dressing.
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,124 Member
    More options for blush would be nice, but overall it's not a game-changer for me
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Catzilla wrote: »
    @SPARKY1922 Try voting again, I may have been mid-edit.

Thanks it worked that time :)
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited November 2020
    Other...
    I don't use any of the EA Makeup skintones hair or tattoos out now. I use CC for that. If they came out with decent tattoos, hair and makeup then I would buy it.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    AngeliqueAdelaideAngeliqueAdelaide Posts: 1,033 Member
    Other...
    Depends of what exactly it would involve. If it's good stuff, then maybe.