Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I have an idea: Let's stop asking for anything.

It seems that the Devs take the WORST ideas from the community instead of giving us what we want. I realize someone responded to a thread I made saying that they were one of the ones who voted for a knitting pack (No worries, I realize that good taste is becoming somewhat uncommon) over a Spooky pack that would have been so much more fun.

But holy hell. Are you bloody serious with this Star Wars bull? Obviously the Devs have given up coming up with something original.

We've waited how long for cars, babies, etc, and they pump out more steaming piles like this?

If I make a petition to bring back the Sims 3 Devs, would anyone care to sign it? I realize it would fail spectacularly, but the spirit is there.

Also, this silly Star Wars pack CAN'T be the 'Expansion coming in a matter of weeks' since the blasted letter was posted AFTER it was already announced.. Can it?

I dunno, I've stopped buying Sims games. They're just becoming more and more of a disappointment, and giving a huge 'Bugger You!' to true fans of the series.

Knitting Stuff.. What the hell were they smoking.

Comments

• Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    The Sims 3 devs are the Sims 4 devs. But yes the community voted themes from the polls haven't been well received which makes me wonder do we even know what the community wants anymore? Devs do listen to the community but yes does appear that way. I know people were joking about devs making a Star Wars pack because of all the Star Wars content released so far and making more American trendy packs and I guess devs took it as serious. I remember the backlash with the Muslim pack and women wearing head coverings and then Star Wars makes head coverings modern and trendy and people still don't like it. There are some people that will never be happy with the Sims 4 even with many of their feedbacks making it into packs they hate for example Nifty Knitting, Star Wars, Eco Lifestyle all based on community feedback.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    In fairness, I don’t think just because people ask for things it will be added. It’s why the “who asked for this” argument rings hollow to me. It’s also why the counter argument of “you guys demanded toddlers” or whatever also falls flat to me. No one can be blamed for what’s added to the game but the people who make the game. So why players try to throw each other under the bus is beyond me.

The devs can only anticipate what will be popular, even if that means recycling ideas from previous iterations. Which is why you could argue that people “ask” for seasons but you could also say even if no one asked for it, it could still be added because it was popular in the past.

Unfortunately, the community packs fall in the line of fire because they were asked for in a way. I wasn’t around for the voting of either pack so don’t know what the forums were like in response to that.
  • Options
    charmed4life4charmed4life4 Posts: 178 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    The Sims 3 devs are the Sims 4 devs. But yes the community voted themes from the polls haven't been well received which makes me wonder do we even know what the community wants anymore? Devs do listen to the community but yes does appear that way. I know people were joking about devs making a Star Wars pack because of all the Star Wars content released so far and making more American trendy packs and I guess devs took it as serious. I remember the backlash with the Muslim pack and women wearing head coverings and then Star Wars makes head coverings modern and trendy and people still don't like it. There are some people that will never be happy with the Sims 4 even with many of their feedbacks making it into packs they hate for example Nifty Knitting, Star Wars, Eco Lifestyle all based on community feedback.

I question how accurate the community voted pack results are. I was able to vote twice myself for the last pack genuinely thinking I wouldn't be able to do so. How many other people noticed the flaws in the system and took advantage or I hope this is much less likely, but what are the chances the vote was influenced in some way by EA/Maxis? I still don't understand how knitting beat out all of the other crafting options.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited September 2020
    I can assure you right now that nobody and I mean NOBODY ever once suggested the Star Wars pack. That mistakes is all on the developers...

I remember when the developers seemed to be quite involved with the community and we got great quality content in almost every pack. I have no idea what happened between now and then though. Did they replace everybody that had passion for making these games or what? The developers are so completely disconnected from the community now. They seem to have actually no idea at all of how to make the game better despite being told over and over for the last six years by their long term loyal players. They don't even seem to know what the Sims even is anymore. To me it's always been a life simulation game. It certainly was never a mission based RPG game. Why the developers seem hell bent on changing it to something that it has never been is beyond me. It's is so frustrating seeing what they're doing to this franchise. :(
  • Options

I question how accurate the community voted pack results are. I was able to vote twice myself for the last pack genuinely thinking I wouldn't be able to do so. How many other people noticed the flaws in the system and took advantage or I hope this is much less likely, but what are the chances the vote was influenced in some way by EA/Maxis? I still don't understand how knitting beat out all of the other crafting options.
    Oh totally there is a flaw with it. A friend noticed people can vote on multiple devices with it. So it can be rigged.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,126 Member
    All of this assumes that they are basing their decisions on our feedback--something tells me that's not the way it works at EA
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Some actually did ask for a Star Wars expansion and more costumes back in 2015:
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/840195/toddlers-vs-more-star-wars-costumes/p2

Makes me think they might have been working on the pack for awhile. Also realizing I need to change my signature...
  • Options
    dearie_blossomdearie_blossom Posts: 707 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I can assure you right now that nobody and I mean NOBODY ever once suggested the Star Wars pack. That mistakes is all on the developers...

I remember when the developers seemed to be quite involved with the community and we got great quality content in almost every pack. I have no idea what happened between now and then though. Did they replace everybody that had passion for making these games or what? The developers are so completely disconnected from the community now. They seem to have actually no idea at all of how to make the game better despite being told over and over for the last six years by their long term loyal players. They don't even seem to know what the Sims even is anymore. To me it's always been a life simulation game. It certainly was never a mission based RPG game. Why the developers seem hell bent on changing it to something that it has never been is beyond me. It's is so frustrating seeing what they're doing to this franchise. :(
    A lot of them were moved to The Sims Mobile.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    Sharonia wrote: »

A lot of them were moved to The Sims Mobile.
    Some came back from there too. SimGuruAzure did and she originally worked on the Sims 4, so is back again. I think they rotate the Gurus among many of the Sims games depending on an as needed basis. https://simscommunity.info/2019/04/23/the-sims-mobile-developers-are-moving-to-the-sims-4-team/

They rotated some out that were working on the console too like SimGuruDuke back to PC.
  • Options
    CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I remember the poll on Brand stuff. They had a whole list of brands and I didn't know what any of them were, I'd never even heard of them except one or two things and Star Wars got my vote. So there's that.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    edited September 2020
    @Sharonia wrote: »

I will also take responsibility for this ‘mistake’.
    In fact I’ve already been given the title ‘Dark Lord’ for my involvement with the SW pack in another discussion.
    I kinda like it. >:)
  • Options
    APottsAPotts Posts: 2,448 Member
    edited September 2020
    It seems that the Devs take the WORST ideas from the community instead of giving us what we want. I realize someone responded to a thread I made saying that they were one of the ones who voted for a knitting pack (No worries, I realize that good taste is becoming somewhat uncommon) over a Spooky pack that would have been so much more fun.

Never a good idea to insult others, it's in bad taste and can get your comments removed sometimes.

Although knitting was not my choice, I don't feel it was bad taste, just not my first choice. On the other hand the first spooky pack was not impressive in my opinion, so I don't think I voted for it either, although I love supernaturals. I want fairies and a dark world like we had in Sims 3.

• Options
    Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,255 Member
    How long does it take to create an expansion pack?
    I'm kinda getting the feeling that we never really got a "vote" and it was all to get us to think they "listen" to us.
    I mean, why else would they be able to get the knitting pack out so fast (at least I feel like it was), but they can't incorporate bunk beds, cars, other things we've asked for?
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_us/discussion/840195/toddlers-vs-more-star-wars-costumes/p2

Makes me think they might have been working on the pack for awhile. Also realizing I need to change my signature...

To be fair the request saud: "I prefer a full Star Wars expansion! Build your own Death Star and travel to Tatooine, Naboo and Dagobah! Includes new objects such as the Lightsaber, enjoy the Force skill and dress your sims like Padme, Anakin and Han Solo!"

Which sounds a lot more fun than the plum we got.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    ArcherDKArcherDK Posts: 1,130 Member
    I never bothered asking for anything. They won't listen.
    GaBDvM2.jpg
    Click the banner to follow the link.
  • Options
    ClarionOfJoyClarionOfJoy Posts: 1,945 Member
    The Sims 3 devs are the Sims 4 devs.

I remember there was a big lay off - weren't a lot of them let go then?

• Options
    @Sharonia wrote: »

I will also take responsibility for this ‘mistake’.
    In fact I’ve already been given the title ‘Dark Lord’ for my involvement with the SW pack in another discussion.
    I kinda like it. >:)
    It is ok. I take responsibility for the Bowling Stuff pack.
  • Options
    edited September 2020
    The Sims 3 devs are the Sims 4 devs.

I remember there was a big lay off - weren't a lot of them let go then?

Yeah there was that too with the Sims 4 devs. I still miss SimGuruDaniel. Sad a lot of the vet Gurus from the earlier Sims games were let go during that time. But he is working for Playstation now, so he isn't doing too bad for himself and probably getting paid better.
    Post edited by Scobre on
  • Options

To be fair the request saud: "I prefer a full Star Wars expansion! Build your own Death Star and travel to Tatooine, Naboo and Dagobah! Includes new objects such as the Lightsaber, enjoy the Force skill and dress your sims like Padme, Anakin and Han Solo!"

Which sounds a lot more fun than the plum we got.
    I prefer the first trilogy. I would have hated a pack with Anakin and Padme. Honestly the most emo time of the Star Wars series and like a Hallmark movie. Han Solo would have been cool. The third trilogy wasn't as bad and paid homage to the original trilogy much better.