Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Off-The-Grid Problem

ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
Hey, so I'm trying to play an Off-The-Grid household again and I'm running into a problem. Idk if it's just not working right, or if I forgot how to do it.

So it looks like my household should have a surplus of both power and water based on the screenshot. The problem is that my Sims still cannot take a legit shower, nor can they use the washing machine. Is this normal? I'm getting water from the dew collectors and I'm getting power from wind turbines. What am I missing?

Screenshot-5.png

What's interesting is it seems like the power is working ok. My Sims can watch movies and use the computer, plus the lights all work. The washing machine and shower both say "Plumbing doesn't work off the grid." But, shouldn't it be working with this much water?

Screenshot-8.png
Screenshot-9.png

Comments

• Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I had this problem too. I'm not sure if my way was the way to fix it or not but I had to use the shower from Island living that works off the grid and upgrade it to be able to take a decent shower and not get the brackish water buff. I have no idea about the washer though. It seems like it should work if you're supplying your own! I also used the natural well lot trait for water rather than the dew collectors.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    misty4mmisty4m Posts: 2,266 Member
    I had a similar issue with the shower and finally gave up on the whole thing, my lady was collecting water and washing clothing by hand and she had a issue with the water and the maid would come and wash clothing for her by hand and he would throw clothing on the dirt ground. Finally said I give up on this.
    new.png
  • Options
    joRN1414 wrote: »
    I had this problem too. I'm not sure if my way was the way to fix it or not but I had to use the shower from Island living that works off the grid and upgrade it to be able to take a decent shower and not get the brackish water buff. I have no idea about the washer though. It seems like it should work if you're supplying your own! I also used the natural well lot trait for water rather than the dew collectors.
    misty4m wrote: »
    I had a similar issue with the shower and finally gave up on the whole thing, my lady was collecting water and washing clothing by hand and she had a issue with the water and the maid would come and wash clothing for her by hand and he would throw clothing on the dirt ground. Finally said I give up on this.

I got it working like it’s supposed to! All I had to do was restart my game lol
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    well heck, now I wonder if that's what fixed it instead of the other things. LOL.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    ClousinatorsClousinators Posts: 586 Member
    I haven't gotten too into the off the grid lots....where do I pull up that window that has the power and water consumption?
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    I haven't gotten too into the off the grid lots....where do I pull up that window that has the power and water consumption?

If you click Show Bill Information on the mailbox.
  • Options

If you click Show Bill Information on the mailbox.

It’s also available by clicking on the phone too.
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    @Chazzzy I could be wrong but I believe that not all showers work of the grid. If you look at the showers in the catalogue, it should say if it works or do not. That could be one thing to try.
  • Options
    HFAFforeverHFAFforever Posts: 4 New Member
    Someone has been using this game to attack and harass others from behind
  • Options
    HFAFforeverHFAFforever Posts: 4 New Member
    Before entering the interface, it shows OK and I don’t want free headphones, I have screenshot evidence