Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Sims 4 is six years old now, is it time to move on?

12346...Next

Comments

• Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    The devs are finally starting to improve the game & do what needs to be done. We still miss the things that were in Sims 3 that need to be in Sims 4.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    The devs are finally starting to improve the game & do what needs to be done. We still miss the things that were in Sims 3 that need to be in Sims 4.

In what ways? The skin tone update wasn’t autonomous they had to be forced to do it. I’m not seeing any improvement, and if they are just now starting 6 years after they launched the game they need to give up and move on. I don’t know any other game that will waste 6 years of their players time before they start actually listening.
  • Options
    bella_gothbella_goth Posts: 1,770 Member
    with the playerbase ea gathered on ts4 i'm starting to have very low expectations for ts5.
    if they keep doing content for ts4 it will be the saaaame thing for years but if they start on ts5 and it's worse then i'll know it's time to abandon this franchise for good lol, i still have a small hope for ts5 and it's what keeps me on the forums giving feedback.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    BohoFlower wrote: »
    A lot of people have only just actually started playing The Sims 4 like myself because they took too long to get it a decent playable place it was a mess in the early days of the game, it would be a shame to start playing it only for them to then move onto another game but...

@BohoFlower Well if the Sims 5 comes out the Sims 4 won't dissapear you know...
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited October 2020
    I'm hoping the new update for Dec. is a reflection of what will be possible in TS5 just like it was in TS3. Makeup sliders...should have been put in six years ago, funny it took this long. Maybe because what they can do in TS5 makes TS4 look bad so they took that same technology and applying it to TS4 once they found out how it could be done in a TS5 engine. Some new thing in the later years of these games is because they are possible in a new game being built.

As far as some people just started playing TS4, it was true of TS1 etc. too when some new people bought the Deluxe packs and or Complete Collection..long after the game was in it's last year.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    LeaselmaryLeaselmary Posts: 108 Member
    edited October 2020
    I am not so sure we will see TS5 at all, they are working on it but it doesn't mean they will complete and release it. TS4 might be the final version.
  • Options
    BohoFlowerBohoFlower Posts: 143 Member
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I'm hoping the new update for Dec. is a reflection of what will be possible in TS5 just like it was in TS3. Makeup sliders...should have been put in six years ago, funny it took this long. Maybe because what they can do in TS5 makes TS4 look bad so they took that same technology and applying it to TS4 once they found out how it could be done in a TS5 engine. Some new thing in the later years of these games is because they are possible in a new game being built.

As far as some people just started playing TS4, it was true of TS1 etc. too when some new people bought the Deluxe packs and or Complete Collection..long after the game was in it's last year.

It gives me hope that because they're putting in Makeup Sliders they'll put in the Color Wheel too. please! please! for Christmas or after New Year! we so need it! i never played TS3 as i just don't like how the style of it but with the better Build Tools it's even more useful to use than ever.
  • Options
    drake_mccartydrake_mccarty Posts: 6,115 Member
    BohoFlower wrote: »
    A lot of people have only just actually started playing The Sims 4 like myself because they took too long to get it a decent playable place it was a mess in the early days of the game, it would be a shame to start playing it only for them to then move onto another game but... honestly... i don't think anyone will want to pay for any Packs all over again cos they've done this in each version and the current Teens have already quickly grown tired of every small thing being put in seperate packs, so lets just stick to The Sims 4... if there's ever a Sims 5 they need to move away from Packs and Expansions... otherwise i just think they should leave it and go out while it's still going strong cos i know it's probs the end of road for me after The Sims 4.

I have a hard time believing people won’t buy packs for a Sims 5. Sims 4 players are giddy to buy recycled content on a regular basis already, I don’t think it would be hard at all to get them on board at all. They’ll preach against it, but they’ll spend their money on it anyway.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    It's been like that with every Sims game so far. People always say "Why would I buy a new empty base game with recycled expansion packs" but then the new game comes out, they see all the new cool features and they slowly ditch the previous one.
    Honestly this has happened 3 times already, I'm sure it will happen again 🤣
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2020
    I just feel the sims 4 needs more too base game before moving on, and also because the sims 4 has went on for soo long, its went on for longer than the rest tbh , I just dont want too start all this again for the 5th time, I dont have the strength, buying another base game, another seasons etc and that's all you hear is wheres seasons ?, wheres university ? And wheres pets? And there also the question will the sims 5 be better? Will it really? Probably not, the budget will probably be the same and the same development team probably aswell, the thought of a new sims game and starting this ALL again is just meh too me 😂, This is my last sims, it really is, I've spend hundreds on this game already and it's not finished, I'm not spending hundreds on another, no chance
  • Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    Sims 5 is the last thing I want at present. Wait until the pandemic is over. It'll also be difficult for the producers to talk properly about what needs to be done with it without meeting together. Computer screen conferences won't work.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    Sims5 is not at the top of my wish list right now. And probably won't be for quite a while. With the pandemic still raging onward, the political mess that has turned the world upside down ( The US isn't the only country with political problems), wars being fought, and a bleak economic future unfolding worldwide, it would take a game of epic proportions to persuade me to spend another five or six hundred dollars on a game that does nothing but add another irritant into my life. And that is what Sims4 has been, off and on, for me on a personal level. When we pay forty dollars on a new EP in the hope it will entertain us, make us chuckle, or simply allow us to escape the realities around us for a few hours, and fails to do any of those things because of it having been poorly made, that's when I say I have had enough. When a corporation the size of EA is so cheap it purposely looks to our modding community to fix its game, for free, I won't be in any rush to buy into the hype of yet another iteration in this franchise. It has taken six years for Sims4 to become half as entertaining as Sims2 and 3. And the more content that is added, the more problems we encounter. With no help coming our way in the form of fixes or real and honest depth being added. Six years is a heck of a long time to wait on things like better personalities to make our Sims different from each other, freed babies, and larger worlds with fewer fake buildings we can't customize to suit our vision of what we want to create.

I have never liked being told how to use my creative talents. I don't like being told I am being heard when I clearly am not. None of us enjoy being told things will get better, and we're being heard then it doesn't happen. And that is the thought process I go through every time a new pack is announced, or an update comes along. If this is how I feel right now, how does that impact my perception of a Sims5? And I will tell EA this: Your performance during Sims4's run has been shoddy and your reliance on the past successes of Sims2 and 3 has not helped you gain any points with your fanbase when Sims4 went backwards rather than forward in terms of new content and innovation. Sorry, not sorry, EA, but you'll have to give the Sims5 base game to me before I will ever play it. I've gone down this road four times now and I know where it is going. I don't want to go there again.
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    Simburian wrote: »
    Sims 5 is the last thing I want at present. Wait until the pandemic is over. It'll also be difficult for the producers to talk properly about what needs to be done with it without meeting together. Computer screen conferences won't work.

I'm sure it's been in early development since sometime before the pandemic.
  • Options
    adamzaidadamzaid Posts: 1,999 Member
    i just play the sims XD no game is perfect and that includes the sims 3 and 4 but i still play them cuz i love them. when u play a videogame u play for fun not to criticize everything, instead i enjoy what the devs gave us and have fun like how a game is supped to be played. :)
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2020
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »

I think EAxis started to open/list jobs for TS5 a little after CL came out. The next "AAA game in The Sims franchise".
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2020
    Sigzy05 wrote: »

I think EAxis started to open/list jobs for TS5 a little after CL came out. The next "AAA game in The Sims franchise".

Hopefully, that means that they have worked on it for 4 years already. I wonder when they will go into full production, I don't think they can support both the sims4 and work full time on another game.

I think some people believe that they have not worked on it for that long though, it's difficult to say, game development is weird, there are even game developers that begin working on sequels before they even have finished the first game they are working on...
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member

Yeah, and there's also the fact SimGuruGrant is working on a "new project" within Maxis. He worked on the base game for 3 and 4, and Maxis doesn't have anything else going for it, as they've killed virtually every other franchise of theirs that was once great.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited November 2020

Yeah, and there's also the fact SimGuruGrant is working on a "new project" within Maxis. He worked on the base game for 3 and 4, and Maxis doesn't have anything else going for it, as they've killed virtually every other franchise of theirs that was once great.

Yeah...I know, though that scares me a bit. Grant did some fine work on TS3 but he's TS4 run was a bit questionable....I guess we'll see what comes out of it.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited November 2020

Yeah...I know, though that scares me a bit. Grant did some fine work on TS3 but he's TS4 run was a bit questionable....I guess we'll see what comes out of it.

Some people believe that he is no longer working with game development within Maxis, he is still listed as producer at Maxis but you know...he could be working with anything related to that. Whatever the case may be, he is no longer on social media.
  • Options
    AmyAngelusAmyAngelus Posts: 9 New Member
    I wouldn't mind sims 5 if had all the features from previous game but only if the sims don't look they did in sims 3.
  • Options
    BluelleBluelle Posts: 327 Member
    The Sims 4 has more packs than any other game?? That just feels bizarre... It feels like I've been waiting forever to get the packs that we really need. You know, things that are just so critical to a good game. 35 packs? Doesn't feel like it. 6 years? It's still so incomplete, people are still asking for babies to be an actual life stage... It's kinda messed up