Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Star Wars GP - Age Groups

Comments

• Options
    FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    edited August 2020
    Editing out as this probably is not the best place of this post
    Post edited by Felicity on
  • Options
    simlicious2015simlicious2015 Posts: 373 Member
    I think the main reason why I’m not too fond of this pack is because it just doesn’t go with the flow of the sims franchise. Which is why I’m highly considering going back to 1 and 2.
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited August 2020
    I couldn't care less about Star Wars, hated the recent films but I like the sound of the pack. Then again I grew up playing Lego Star Wars and My Sims so it makes sense why I'd be more into a crossover.

You can probably tell I'm in the under 30 category from that.

I suppose I'm just more optimistic than others. When it comes to the Sims 4 I just think it is what it is, you can spend your entire life complaining about faults or you could just enjoy what's there. I have fun with the game, faults and all. You can take it as "EA desperately trying to push star wars and make money" or you can take it as an interesting crossover, a one off, optional pack.

• Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    Female, mid-30s, and I dislike the pack because I feel there are other highly-requested GP that should've been given priority.
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Onverser wrote: »
    I couldn't care less about Star Wars, hated the recent films but I like the sound of the pack. Then again I grew up playing Lego Star Wars and My Sims so it makes sense why I'd be more into a crossover.

I suppose I'm just more optimistic than others. When it comes to the Sims 4 I just think it is what it is, you can spend your entire life complaining about faults or you could just enjoy what's there. I have fun with the game, faults and all. You can take it as "EA desperately trying to push star wars and make money" or you can take it as an interesting crossover, a one off, optional pack.

I really don't see is as "one off optional," because we have star wars bloatware forced via base game with many CAS items and the worthless baby yoda.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    This over-30 female is looking forward to it.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    JocesimerJocesimer Posts: 4 New Member
    20 year old female I don't care about star wars i watched some of the movies but overall I'm uninterested in it. I think this pack is a huge mistake we've seen how the game play is with other packs and if its reflective of that at all its lacking, the build mode items are...hard to work with in any other concept, and simply put basing a new pack on a movie isn't what sims use to be about it feels like a huge ad for Disney and a real punch in the throat for simmers. Its insulting to be asking for basic stuff from the sims team for years we've all heard it skin tones, bunk beds, cars, color wheel and this is what they give us? If you ask me what wouldvw been great would be a generarions pack like in the sims 3 with the nanny career and treehouse ect. Or an "OG sims" game pack that came with classic furniture like the heart hot tub and bed or genie lamp or chicken chess.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,964 Member
    edited August 2020
    I mean i can just not buy this pack and chill which I'm gonna do

but I'm mostly annoyed about adding movie story and characters in the game cause its like they assume you have seen it and then if you haven't you feel like outsider not knowing anything about anything

and the fact that sims 4 already has many techy/modern/scifi/machines packs and I truly hope we could have the opposite of no tech/ancient/fantasy or realism/handcraft
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    Where are the male simmers?
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Over 30, Girl Scout Trooper that says WHOOHOO STAR WARS!!

Gonna be honest, this pack made me perk up like nobody’s business. I was so-so about the other packs that have been released in 2020, and haven’t really been playing. But when I saw the trailer for this, yep. Got my attention all right.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Onverser wrote: »

I really don't see is as "one off optional," because we have star wars bloatware forced via base game with many CAS items and the worthless baby yoda.
    Sims 4 is the longest running Sims iteration, so the entire thing is bloatware for laptops. XD
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,883 Member
    I'm in the over 30 female category and I'm very much looking forward to this pack. For me it's because I've been playing since 2000 and while I've enjoyed all iterations I'm a bit weary of all the repeats and just ready for something different. Probably why I really like Strangerville and Jungle Adventure. I still love my Sims though which is why I plan on approaching this in more of a theme park scenario as opposed to a one and done.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    Gender is not important here. I mean it's 2020.
    I'm over 50 and it's too early for me to decide! I saw one trailer and read a blog post. I need more information. I have questions that will be answered when they do a live stream or release more details.

The two things that will make or pack this pack for me are ...
    I want to know if the characters stay in Batuu and if my Sims go to Batuu will they see Bella Goth. I want immersion.

imo Seeing Star Wars characters in Willow Creek is wrong. Also, there is no need for Bella and other NPC characters to be in Batuu. From my past experience with The Realm of Magic I did not like how it was done. Seeing Bella Goth in the magic realm broke my immersion and I never took Sims there after that. This wrecked it for me as a player.

Again, for me it's too early for me to judge this pack regardless of my gender!
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    but I'm mostly annoyed about adding movie story and characters in the game cause its like they assume you have seen it and then if you haven't you feel like outsider not knowing anything about anything

Those who haven't still got 8 days to catch up. xD
  • Options
    fruitsbasket101fruitsbasket101 Posts: 1,530 Member
    Early to mid 30s female. I'm not too interested in this pack at all.
    Have a super fantastic awesome splendid amazing day! -TheQxxn
  • Options
    friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i am male voted in the wrong categorie and i like the new gamepack
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • Options
    Evie0602Evie0602 Posts: 634 Member
    I’m under 30 and I don’t like the pack because I don’t like star wars.
  • Options
    SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,974 Member
    edited August 2020
    I’m in my 60’s and I saw all of the older star wars movies in theater as a young adult and loved them. I saw most of the newer ones with my daughter and her boyfriend, they didn’t appeal to me as much as the older ones, but, I see a lot more movies now than when I was younger, and there are some pretty good sci-fo flicks out there these days, and I even enjoy seeing the marvel movie in theaters with the kids. As most packs, I’m sure there will be some interesting stuff in this pack that will be useful to me, even if the story might be played only once. The build looks interesting.
  • Options
    Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    I can't answer the poll because there's no non-binary option.
  • Options
    Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm getting old, but the game pack is still going to be one of the best-selling. o:)

1996 is the best year to be born though. o:)
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,585 Member
    As a sci-fi fan (male over 30) I'm open for the new pack if it's not buggy and has new and unique gameplay. I would have preferred a Star TREK crossover though.

I'm right there with you, Alan. I'm not a big fan of Star Wars. I love Star Trek, the Original, however. I would have much preferred a futuristic pack, such as we got with Sims 3. That way I can play my way and not have to complete some silly scenario. I'm not an RPG fan, per se.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    edited August 2020
    The most interesting result of this poll is that male simmers don't exist 😲

No wonder this game doesn’t understand the concept of body hair. 🤔
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member

Women have body hair too. ;)
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    Scobre wrote: »

Women have body hair too. ;)

Oh I’m well aware of that. 😉
  • Options
    RoboSpongieRoboSpongie Posts: 1,042 Member
    Mid 20s girl, I loved Star Wars growing up (then I fell out) but this ain't it
    = Sims Player for 17+ Years =
    tumblr_inline_nsj7xjgkAi1rrkf1x_500.gif