Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Star Wars GP - Age Groups

Because I am curious. The poll is anonymous. Just reply to the best of your ability. Thank you in advance :)
I picked just one threshold to not make the poll too extensive.

Origin ID: Nindigo79

A smile is the prettiest thing you can wear
Time enjoyed is never time wasted

Star Wars GP - Age Groups 299 votes

I'm 30 or younger, Female, I LIKE the new GP
6% 20 votes
I'm 30 or younger, Female, I DISLIKE the new GP
23% 71 votes
I'm 30 or younger, Male, I LIKE the new GP
4% 12 votes
I'm 30 or younger, Male, I DISLIKE the new GP
6% 19 votes
I'm 30 or older, Female, I LIKE the new GP
20% 60 votes
I'm 30 or older, Female, I DISLIKE the new GP
29% 89 votes
I'm 30 or older, Male, I LIKE the new GP
5% 16 votes
I'm 30 or older, Male, I DISLIKE the new GP
4% 13 votes

Comments

• Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Over 30, female... I think I've maybe seen 10 minutes of all the movies combined, so I have no clue whether I'll like it or not. I didn't see anything in the first trailer that was 'must-have', I've not even gone to Sixam yet in-game. I wasn't a big fan of the Strangerville mystery, but I love the world and stuff. I will have to wait until more info comes out to make a decision but right now, I don't see myself buying it.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    Female over 30, I have seen all the movies, because my husband enjoys watching them occasionally. Although, I am old enough to have seen most of the older films in the theater. There is just no appeal, as I saw nothing of significant gameplay that I really need. I even would prefer to delete the star wars bloatware in base game that is forced to take up space. My husband saw the trailer and said it did not look like something he would even want.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm in my 40's and female. I was born the same year the first Star Wars movie released. I love the original three movies with all my heart. I hate the idea of this new pack and will definitely not buy it.
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited August 2020
    I can't answer yet, because I still know nothing about the gameplay. Maybe later when we get more info about it.

If the GP is playable without having to know about the lore or the characters from the movies, my opinion will be neutral. Right know I'm leaning towards neutral, I don't like it but I don't dislike it either.
    Who knows... maybe I'll end up liking it. Trying to keep an open mind. :)
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    Late 40s, male, and I like the idea of Journey to Batuu. We'll see how the implementation is. I'm sure there'll be something useful in there for me that'll make it worth the $20 regardless, but I worry a lot of the people who are in favor of the pack are really in favor of what they imagine the pack to be and not what it actually will be.

For further data reference points: Been playing The Sims since 2000, and probably spent more on the games, various expansions, and a bunch of DLC off the exchange for TS3 (which is now just gone, apparently) than I made fresh out of college. Big fan of Star Wars except the prequel trilogy, the animated Clone Wars movie, and The Rise of Skywalker. Love the rest of it, even the made-for-TV Ewok movies from the '80s and the complete insanity of the Holiday Special (which I watched when it originally aired because I'm very old).
  • Options
    Sara1010PSara1010P Posts: 891 Member
    I love Star Wars and have seen the prequels and the originals. Haven't watched the most recent ones. I just don't like the idea of it in my sims game. Hope those of you who do have fun with it.
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2020
    22 year old female and I like the new gp. Not a star wars fan (seen the originals as a child but only seen one of the new films), I just think it will bring the sort of gameplay that I enjoy to the game.
  • Options
    KomuraKomura Posts: 229 Member
    edited August 2020
    I will be donating to Paralives the amount of money that Sims 4 Star Wars will cost. It deeply cuts the heartstrings, but it is time that I speak for those who truly care about the gamers instead of buying a GP to complete my collection.

This is a great idea, thank you for sharing your intent to donate! I think I’m going to as well :smile:

Edit: Female under 30, love Star Wars, despise this pack. It feels like a $20 advertisement.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    Fun idea for a poll.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,184 Member
    Just under 30, loved Star Wars since I was a child, will probably continue to love Star Wars until the day I die. I wasn't exactly screaming and demanding Maxis to make a Sims Star Wars pack, but hey if I can get a nice astromech droid and lightsaber in my game I'll gladly shell out 20 bucks.
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    Over 30 dude, but I'll wait to see on the gamepack. Loved the original trilogy, but I wont buy anything else for this game until future cubes/balls of clay stop appearing in my sims inventory, and my sims stop needing to make de-stressing concoctions, or cakes. We also don't know much yet about the pack. This wasn't something I was looking for, but I'd rather a new vacation destination over cars, farming, or a baby upgrade, that is for sure.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    As a sci-fi fan (male over 30) I'm open for the new pack if it's not buggy and has new and unique gameplay. I would have preferred a Star TREK crossover though.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I remember when Star Wars A New Hope was 1st released in theaters back in 1977. I even had a Princess Leia & Like Skywalker dolls. I had such a crush on the young Mark Hamill & I wanted to be Princess Leia.
  • Options
    StutumStutum Posts: 1,146 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm 40+, male, and I'm very excited about this GP. However, although I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy it, I can't be 100% sure until I've actually tried it. I keep in mind how excited I was about SW: The Force Unleashed when it was released, and how disappointed I was when I finally played it, so I'm going to wait with the vote for now. :)
    Post edited by Stutum on
  • Options
    FaberriesFaberries Posts: 1,354 Member
    Under 30, female. I’m excited so far :)

It looks fun, and since my brother loves Star Wars, i could probably get him to try it out with me
    Star Wind Flower Sun
  • Options
    HarukotyanHarukotyan Posts: 513 Member
    edited August 2020
    Almost 40 and I'm a huge Star Wars fan. Player of SWTOR and formerly an SW table top RPG... but I dislike this pack. I do not want these franchise mixed. Be it a separate game like Sims Medieval my attitude most likely will be completely opposite. But releasing it in this format is a big mistake for the company imo.
  • Options
    GothicSimmerGothicSimmer Posts: 66 Member
    I honestly don't mind Starwars as a 20-year-old female gamer/simmer and I am pretty interested to see what this pack has to offer as we don't have a lot of information on it yet! I am excited to learn more about this pack before its released to us all on September 8th, 2020 through gameplay trailers and the deep dive Livestream by the team. I see myself liking this pack once I get my hands on it as I love the occult side of things when it comes to The Sims and I personally really liked Strangerville as it was different and has never been done before in the main The Sims series so I will most likely like this pack as it will most likely be similar to that perk. All in all, I am going to give this pack a chance to see what will come with it.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    The most interesting result of this poll is that male simmers don't exist 😲
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member

This is exactly what I was taking from it! Hahaha
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,426 Member
    So far the pack looks interesting but I can't answer if I like it at this point. I need to know the basic gameplay before I can answer. Looks like a destination world, but can sims move there? Is there a story line like strangerville? How do you join a side and increase in rank? What can you use at home when you are not visiting batuu? Once we know more about it, I can answer properly.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    @Atreya33 You might find this blog post interesting: https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/news/journey-to-batuu-reveal?setLocale=en-us
    It answers most of your questions I think! ;)

I'd still like to see a live stream of this, but from just this post and the trailer it's sounding really cool to me!
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    The only demographic where the likes are higher than the dislikes are the 30+ males. And male simmers in general are rare unicorns it would seem. That would explain why this pack has not been well received.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• Options
    vcosleyvcosley Posts: 880 Member
    no flow with other pact.
  • Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited August 2020
    This poll so far says a lot.

Women and younger men don’t like the pack.

30 something men do.
    Camkat wrote: »

This is exactly what I was taking from it! Hahaha

And yet most of the devs are 30 something men. 🤨
    iTvMKZ8.jpg