Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Batuu - Share Your Sims, Builds, or Stories!

Comments

• Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    edited September 2020
    Haflinger wrote: »
    JtB-LADS.jpg

So I've created my hero Smuggler Scoundrel Pilot (dude on the left) and my evil Sith Lord (dude on the right).

Scoundrel traits: Hot Head, Materialistic, Loves the Outdoors.
    Sith Lord traits: Hot Head, Evil, Jealous.

(I know, they're both Hot Heads, tells you where my head's at.)

I'm looking for a name for each and I thought maybe you guys have some ideas? :)

What planet's your hero from?

And pureblood Sith?

Might have some ideas on that.

You see I haven't even thought about their home planets yet and in which era I'll play.
    After learning about the CAS items through a review, I look forward to changing these guys up a little. I don't think it will give me the option to make a pure blood Sith as the jowl tendrils are missing, but I can pretend!
    I'm going to do some more research on which world is best for what planet, although there are some great suggestions here. My sims just has to be able to live there, and unfortunately I can't choose Granite Falls or Selvadorada and I don't use the mod that gives me the option. Too much to consider! :D

There's some good Sith CC out there. I'll have to track it down.

I saw some with patterns for the lekku of female twileks, just need that super-glue mod!
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member
    JtB-LADS.jpg

So I've created my hero Smuggler Scoundrel Pilot (dude on the left) and my evil Sith Lord (dude on the right).

I'm looking for a name for each and I thought maybe you guys have some ideas? :)

And pureblood Sith?

You see I haven't even thought about their home planets yet and in which era I'll play.
    After learning about the CAS items through a review, I look forward to changing these guys up a little. I don't think it will give me the option to make a pure blood Sith as the jowl tendrils are missing, but I can pretend!
    I'm going to do some more research on which world is best for what planet, although there are some great suggestions here. My sims just has to be able to live there, and unfortunately I can't choose Granite Falls or Selvadorada and I don't use the mod that gives me the option. Too much to consider! :D

I just found some SWOT inspired stuff that looks pretty good!
  • Options
    HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    JtB-LADS.jpg

And pureblood Sith?

I just found some SWOT inspired stuff that looks pretty good!

Well there ya go. Same stuff, I think.
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    English Simmer said that Sims gain fitness with lightsaber fighting so up your fitness skills to win, I guess!
  • Options
    NationalPokedexNationalPokedex Posts: 829 Member
    edited September 2020
    AnnLee87 wrote: »
    English Simmer said that Sims gain fitness with lightsaber fighting so up your fitness skills to win, I guess!

For some reason I would think Logic skill would help but I maybe don’t understand the Force fully. Or does the Force have nothing to do with lightsabers lol? I swear I’ve seen SW before.
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    edited September 2020
    I think this was the thread people were asking about a mod to lock down the different neighborhoods for their Star Wars/different planets builds. The one I'd seen, but haven't played with yet, is Lotharihoe's Sim Spawn Overhaul. It looks like it's been updated as recently as last month, so it'll probably get an update for JTB as well. It looks like it might do more than I want, but nothing that's a dealbreaker. It also looks like it's at least somewhat modular, so if there's one of the packs that does something you definitely don't want, you can choose not to add it.

As far as an update on what I'm planning: I'm kind of waiting for the pack to continue messing with Sims and builds. I need to check and see what the size is on each of the secret lots' buildable areas. I've been thinking I'd make the Forgotten Grotto into Dagobah, but in addition to Yoda's hut, I had a thought on how to do the Dark Side Cave, and I know the Grotto's lot is super-tiny, so I might not be able to fit both in there.

EDIT: I built the lot in the Forgotten Grotto, but moved it to Newcrest so I could make sure the colors were right because the lighting is terrible in the Forgotten Grotto. I need to put some clutter in, but then I'll put it up on the gallery. It's a very rudimentary hut in the foreground--no plumbing or appliances and the only light is from a fireplace and candles. There's a bush in the back if you need to use the facilities. The big dead hawthorn tree has some stairs that lead underneath it to the cave, which extends under the whole 10x15 lot, but doesn't really have anything to *do* in it, since we can't *actually* make a sim have visions. So there's no lighting in there and a couple of stone seats but nothing else.

But, with the firepit out front, a bed, a bookshelf, a trash can, and a toilet bush, really the only reason a sim couldn't stay here indefinitely is that eventually they'll need a shower. (Since the Forgotten Grotto is its own lot type, I can't actually make the lot off-the-grid, but I still built it like it was, so no electricity, no water.)

118653508_10103607205518221_6782898804869585296_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=2KLacKYAUQkAX9d_u4T&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=3c7ccdbae45db642db58ecfdbf468577&oe=5F77105C
    Post edited by kemowery on
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    kemowery wrote: »
    I think this was the thread people were asking about a mod to lock down the different neighborhoods for their Star Wars/different planets builds. The one I'd seen, but haven't played with yet, is Lotharihoe's Sim Spawn Overhaul. It looks like it's been updated as recently as last month, so it'll probably get an update for JTB as well. It looks like it might do more than I want, but nothing that's a dealbreaker. It also looks like it's at least somewhat modular, so if there's one of the packs that does something you definitely don't want, you can choose not to add it.

As far as an update on what I'm planning: I'm kind of waiting for the pack to continue messing with Sims and builds. I need to check and see what the size is on each of the secret lots' buildable areas. I've been thinking I'd make the Forgotten Grotto into Dagobah, but in addition to Yoda's hut, I had a thought on how to do the Dark Side Cave, and I know the Grotto's lot is super-tiny, so I might not be able to fit both in there.

EDIT: I built the lot in the Forgotten Grotto, but moved it to Newcrest so I could make sure the colors were right because the lighting is terrible in the Forgotten Grotto. I need to put some clutter in, but then I'll put it up on the gallery. It's a very rudimentary hut in the foreground--no plumbing or appliances and the only light is from a fireplace and candles. There's a bush in the back if you need to use the facilities. The big dead hawthorn tree has some stairs that lead underneath it to the cave, which extends under the whole 10x15 lot, but doesn't really have anything to *do* in it, since we can't *actually* make a sim have visions. So there's no lighting in there and a couple of stone seats but nothing else.

But, with the firepit out front, a bed, a bookshelf, a trash can, and a toilet bush, really the only reason a sim couldn't stay here indefinitely is that eventually they'll need a shower. (Since the Forgotten Grotto is its own lot type, I can't actually make the lot off-the-grid, but I still built it like it was, so no electricity, no water.)

118653508_10103607205518221_6782898804869585296_o.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=2KLacKYAUQkAX9d_u4T&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-2.xx&oh=3c7ccdbae45db642db58ecfdbf468577&oe=5F77105C

That's awesome! Looks cozy. :)

If a Sim were able to get the shower-in-a-bottle from Selvadorada, they'd be all set!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    LiELF wrote: »
    kemowery wrote: »

That's awesome! Looks cozy. :)

If a Sim were able to get the shower-in-a-bottle from Selvadorada, they'd be all set!

True.

My initial plan on the cave was to size up the tree and build an actual hallway into the side of it containing the stairs, but the sized-up tree was way too large, and the regular tree, set over stairs, plus some rocks and bushes worked well enough to obscure the stairs a bit. I also need to see if there's some angled pieces in the right color that I can use to break up the cube-ness of the hut a little bit. A 4x4 square is a bit uninteresting.

• Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    I wasn't planning to but I created a sims for the star wars pack in the end. After seeing a couple of review I might have put a bit too much effort in this sim because appearently sims get assigned random outfits upon arrival at Batuu. But I plan to take this sims to Batuu on my first trip to Batuu.

UUbyW9H.png
    Her name is Aerith (no clue if it is 'star wars' enough but I like it)
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    I wasn't planning to but I created a sims for the star wars pack in the end. After seeing a couple of review I might have put a bit too much effort in this sim because appearently sims get assigned random outfits upon arrival at Batuu. But I plan to take this sims to Batuu on my first trip to Batuu.

UUbyW9H.png

Wowzers.
  • Options
    Atreya33 wrote: »

UUbyW9H.png

She's awesome! Another great outfit for the Star Wars theme! <3

I really love seeing what Sims and builds and stories people are working on for this pack. Thanks to everyone who shares something. <3

I've decided that since we're getting Stormtrooper and Jawa outfits, I'm going to redress any of those bad fashion townies I see with those. So the fashion disasters will become part of the evil Empire. >:) And the Jawas...well, they're just adorable and hilarious and I need them everywhere. Especially in playgrounds.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Have any of the game changers said if the outfits stay unlocked for that household if you get them? It looks like many of the bits I am interested in are locked. Yes I know about the cheat but I wanna play not cheat.
  • Options
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    Have any of the game changers said if the outfits stay unlocked for that household if you get them? It looks like many of the bits I am interested in are locked. Yes I know about the cheat but I wanna play not cheat.

I'm not sure if it was specified, but I would think that they do. I think they work like any other CAS unlocks so once you unlock them, the household gets access to them forever.
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    SimsophoniqueSimsophonique Posts: 1,410 Member
    edited September 2020
    aaah I will send my simself and her family to Batuu for sure but I don't know when because since I got the SOL mod they are always busy to visit people etc. :D and I am waiting for ts4 to ts3 conversions of course ! and maybe at least if this possible to live other there I'll move them other there someday. Oh and I am sure Miss V will perhaps be on mission other there for the police carreer if possible of course.
    Follow and read Miss V Detective (ts3 story)
    on wordpress: thesimsophonique.wp.com / on dreamwidth: simsophonique.dreamwidth.org
    Follow me on tumblr (sims only)
    simsophonique.tumblr.com (please no triggers I am autistic asperger)
  • Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    Um, I know this isn't exactly in the spirit of this thread but one of the first things I am going to try to do is have Vlad turn the main characters. Just because their there.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Here is my current plan for Oasis Springs.

The RED BUILDINGS at the top of the map are the Storm Troopers H.Q. and Bunker.

The ORANGE BUILDINGS to the left are "the town" area: the Cantina, lightsaber workshop, droid factory and restaurant.

The GREEN BUILDINGS across the bottom are for CRASHED dwellings, CAVE dwellings and SAND dwellings.

The BROWN BUILDING is a temple for the Sisters of the Sand, a religious caste.

The BLUE BUILDING in the middle is the hiding place for the Resistance.

This is the plan, how it turns out will be a mystery. I still want a SW world in which to build. It seems ridiculous and somewhat thoughtless to not only fill the build/buy and debug with every item in the pack, but to then brag about that fact without providing a proper place to use said objects to "tell our stories". Wish me luck.

50309701152_0f5b0c0cce_b.jpg
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I want to make an original mixed human/alien neighborhood that gives off Naboo or Tatooine vibes, and I want to play around and experiment with the B/B items and add other scifi stuff like droids as well. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @bunny-🐸🐸🐸🐸 sounds great, I forgot about adding droids lol. Also, alien style pets!

I'm gonna have a creating blast :)
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    I may not exactly be getting the pack on launch day, but I do have a few stories in mind should I get it further on down the road~ Pics and story ideas in the spoiler tags!

My husband's simself is already an Interstellar Smuggler, so exploring the Scoundrel route just seems right for him.
    330ilDH
    3lOfypE
    Maybe he should work on his handiness skill a bit more before going... 😬

There've been some interesting adventures he's gone on already, such as returning an alien teenage stowaway back to his home planet. So I'll have to think of something along those lines as to how he wound up on Batuu... Perhaps that was the planet he dropped the kid off on, so he's going back to check in on him! But this time around he has more time to spare -- or better yet, his rocket malfunctioned? There's also the possibility of linking his story with a Sim I'll post below, but I'm not sure if the timelines would match up right... Still plenty o' time to think on that, though!

Then there's Ziggy Watts, the only Servo I've ever played with lol.
    2DyG45f

His story is that he was created to help his "mom" (the Sim who created him) and her friends defeat the Mother Plant. That's been many years ago now though (his mom is an elder now) and Ziggy is hoping to find his own path in life. His mom Ivy has never pressured him to leave or anything like that, and Ziggy loves living with his mom and dad, but... He wants a little more outta life, y'know? I'm also imagining that he is a huge Star Wars nerd. Biggest C-3PO fan in my 'verse (wonder why). So when he finds out that he can actually go to Batuu? Oh, he's all over it. And I'm definitely getting him a droid companion! Maybe a little red R2-D2 lookin' guy so Ziggy can really live his C-3PO fantasy 👌

Finally, family man and all-around upstanding gent Barney Switch, another of my astronaut Sims!
    3h58rpp
    Barney with his family (he's the one on the far left).

Originally his family consisted solely of Talia (his wife) and Antoine (his son)! The story was that Barney passed away and left Talia to raise Antoine and start up a bakery. Then I wanted Talia to also have a daughter (Melody), so I had to create Barney in CAS and then...I fell in love with 'im. So I told myself "I'll just have him pass later, for story purposes!" Well... That was like two irl years ago and he's still alive whoOPS! So now I'm thinking...maybe he didn't die. But during a mission he came across a planet that he saw needed his help, and he stayed to join the Resistance! But he winds up staying there for so long that his family and colleagues think he's not ever coming back. And in my story he probably won't come back until he's an elder? Hmm... 🤔 I'm also heavily contemplating Ziggy and his droid joining forces with him. I think they'd be a great team! There's also the possibility I mentioned earlier of my husband's Sim joining him -- perhaps going on a rescue mission to find him? I can't imagine him joining the Resistance with Barney, though. He's more of a chaotic neutral type o' guy lol.

I don't have any plans for the First Order just yet, but I'd be interested in making a femme fatale sort of Sim. It'd be a good excuse to hop into CAS and just have fun if ever I get my grimy gamer hands on the pack.

Loving everyone's ideas so far! I'm excited to see what folks will create and the Sims you'll make~ ✌
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    LemDoodle wrote: »
    I may not exactly be getting the pack on launch day, but I do have a few stories in mind should I get it further on down the road~ Pics and story ideas in the spoiler tags!

My husband's simself is already an Interstellar Smuggler, so exploring the Scoundrel route just seems right for him.
    330ilDH
    3lOfypE
    Maybe he should work on his handiness skill a bit more before going... 😬

There've been some interesting adventures he's gone on already, such as returning an alien teenage stowaway back to his home planet. So I'll have to think of something along those lines as to how he wound up on Batuu... Perhaps that was the planet he dropped the kid off on, so he's going back to check in on him! But this time around he has more time to spare -- or better yet, his rocket malfunctioned? There's also the possibility of linking his story with a Sim I'll post below, but I'm not sure if the timelines would match up right... Still plenty o' time to think on that, though!

Then there's Ziggy Watts, the only Servo I've ever played with lol.
    2DyG45f

His story is that he was created to help his "mom" (the Sim who created him) and her friends defeat the Mother Plant. That's been many years ago now though (his mom is an elder now) and Ziggy is hoping to find his own path in life. His mom Ivy has never pressured him to leave or anything like that, and Ziggy loves living with his mom and dad, but... He wants a little more outta life, y'know? I'm also imagining that he is a huge Star Wars nerd. Biggest C-3PO fan in my 'verse (wonder why). So when he finds out that he can actually go to Batuu? Oh, he's all over it. And I'm definitely getting him a droid companion! Maybe a little red R2-D2 lookin' guy so Ziggy can really live his C-3PO fantasy 👌

Finally, family man and all-around upstanding gent Barney Switch, another of my astronaut Sims!
    3h58rpp
    Barney with his family (he's the one on the far left).

Originally his family consisted solely of Talia (his wife) and Antoine (his son)! The story was that Barney passed away and left Talia to raise Antoine and start up a bakery. Then I wanted Talia to also have a daughter (Melody), so I had to create Barney in CAS and then...I fell in love with 'im. So I told myself "I'll just have him pass later, for story purposes!" Well... That was like two irl years ago and he's still alive whoOPS! So now I'm thinking...maybe he didn't die. But during a mission he came across a planet that he saw needed his help, and he stayed to join the Resistance! But he winds up staying there for so long that his family and colleagues think he's not ever coming back. And in my story he probably won't come back until he's an elder? Hmm... 🤔 I'm also heavily contemplating Ziggy and his droid joining forces with him. I think they'd be a great team! There's also the possibility I mentioned earlier of my husband's Sim joining him -- perhaps going on a rescue mission to find him? I can't imagine him joining the Resistance with Barney, though. He's more of a chaotic neutral type o' guy lol.

I don't have any plans for the First Order just yet, but I'd be interested in making a femme fatale sort of Sim. It'd be a good excuse to hop into CAS and just have fun if ever I get my grimy gamer hands on the pack.

Loving everyone's ideas so far! I'm excited to see what folks will create and the Sims you'll make~ ✌

Those are some great stories. Have fun. :)
  • Options
    It is going to take SOOOO long to fill up all the worlds... here is my Star Wars themed world so far:

Star%20Wars.png?dl=0
  • Options
    Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,429 Member
    It is going to take SOOOO long to fill up all the worlds... here is my Star Wars themed world so far:

Star%20Wars.png?dl=0

Great start. I once tried to fill oasis springs with scifi houses but stopped half way because it just took forever. I hope you get yours finished.
  • Options
    BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Newcrest is my alien “neighborhood” and all the lots Strangerville has or will have a steampunk theme. Perfect for more aliens or whatever.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • Options
    Newcrest is my alien “neighborhood” and all the lots Strangerville has or will have a steampunk theme. Perfect for more aliens or whatever.

I got a bit disheartened when I went into Strangerville, I had forgotten it has lots of background houses that look far too human! In fact, checking around all the worlds I felt the only ones suitable would be Glimmerbrook, Forgotten Hollow and Oasis Springs. Maybe Sulani at a push.
  • Options
    CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,465 Member

I got a bit disheartened when I went into Strangerville, I had forgotten it has lots of background houses that look far too human! In fact, checking around all the worlds I felt the only ones suitable would be Glimmerbrook, Forgotten Hollow and Oasis Springs. Maybe Sulani at a push.

Sulani could work as Scarif, which is a tropical planet and looks very similar. It featured in Rogue One.
    Although I agree that all the sims 4 worlds are rather contemporary looking.

I’ve decided I won’t base any of the worlds on specific planets, but rather take inspiration from the movies and EU and create my own. The galaxy far far away is huge after all and there are many planets yet to be discovered, such as Inalus, Koorb Remmilg, the dark planet of Wolloh Nettogrof and the rainforests of Adarodavles ( Adaro in short) to name but a few... ;)