Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Batuu - Share Your Sims, Builds, or Stories!

LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
edited September 2020 in The Sims 4 Packs Discussion
Edit: Changed the title of the thread since the pack is out. Feel free to share anything and everything from your Batuu gameplay!

So, for those like me, who are very excited for this Star Wars pack, I'd like to know what you're planning to do in your game for when the pack launches. I'm actually surprised that it turned out to be actually Star Wars, so I feel unprepared, lol.

Are you creating special Sims?

Are you working on any builds or placing Gallery lots?

Do you have any stories or adventures in mind?

I was originally going to make Del Sol Valley my Alien conquered city, so I think I'm going to move forward with that, but download some of the awesome Star Wars Gallery builds that I've seen and favorited.

Feel free to share pics and stories!
#Team Occult
Post edited by LiELF on

Comments

• AkilAkil Posts: 253 Member
    I think I need to learn a little more about what exactly is coming before I come up with plans but I'm very excited to start :)
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Akil wrote: »
    I think I need to learn a little more about what exactly is coming before I come up with plans but I'm very excited to start :)

I understand. I'm really looking forward to the live stream and finding out more!
    #Team Occult
  • DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    I think the pack definitely opens up new avenues for storytelling. Not anything I'll explore in the near future, but maybe when I do know more about the pack and something exciting pops up into my head.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    The very first thing I want to do is recreate some of my 501st costumes so I can get the full immersive experience at Galaxy's Edge. One for Visas Marr and then try and figure out how to adapt the stormtrooper to a biker scout.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    I plan to use it as a vacation world, not a real alien planet, in my main save.

Although later on I might just create a Revan sim and drop him into the setting. He'll re-build T3-M4 and after the story might be fed up with adventure and retire on a remote, backward planet (aka our sims world). I played Revan (with Bastila and Varner) before in Sims 2, because I really disliked the way he was treated in canon.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    Copy paste from my post on other thread as this fits more in this thread :) :

From what I have seen so far, I love the look of the world. Would be big bonus if there is rental houses like in JA.

My sims have visited so much in the mountains and the jungle, and now, they can visit one part of "Sim-Disneyland", it will be very interesting change :)
    (I will make it that way , the world being a vacation resort, then the new world fits right there among my "regular" gameplay.)
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,448 Member
    Copy paste from my post on other thread as this fits more in this thread :) :

From what I have seen so far, I love the look of the world. Would be big bonus if there is rental houses like in JA.

My sims have visited so much in the mountains and the jungle, and now, they can visit one part of "Sim-Disneyland", it will be very interesting change :)
    (I will make it that way , the world being a vacation resort, then the new world fits right there among my "regular" gameplay.)

I think that's a creative way to get the new pack to blend with the more "regular" game flow. And if you ever see any Star Wars characters walking around in other towns, you can assume they're heading to work or on a lunch break. :D
    #Team Occult
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    This is going to fit in well with my plans for future generations of my legacy. Gen 6 is magic, Gen 7 is vamps, Gen 8 I was planning to have a scientist heir/spare get an alien spouse, and then I wanted to do Strangerville with at least one alien born into the fam, and now I'm planning to keep that Sixam alien bloodline going to have a generation focused on them going to Batuu~ <3

It'll probably take me a couple years to finally get to the point where I'm ready to buy this, but I love making future plans for my own game while I'm watching youtubers play through the content of new packs. :D
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    I just like to incorporate it with my regular gameplay, I always give my existing sim a makeover with each new pack and try to make the most of the new stuff. Pretty excited to give my sim a sci fi makeover with the new stuff
  • StarDreamerStarDreamer Posts: 101 Member
    Definitely recreate Kotor and Kotor 2 stuff with this.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,377 Member
    I made another post in a thread I can't find now. :D

Basically I said I would never buy it. Weeell, as my Grandma used to tell me, never say never. I watched the official trailer and it reminds me of our Strangerville, story driven play. I liked the look of the planet and story line is intriguing as I am a life long lover of Star Wars and Star Trek, but with that being said, what is to keep the weird looking aliens from roaming the streets in Windenberg? I am not that fond of aliens from Sixam but it fit into my astronaut's story. My main concern is, is there a way of keeping Star Wars in Star Wars or is it going to "leak out" all over the other game saves?

I have great ideas for this pack tied in with my astronauts' career and scientists' career. I know there won't be but it would help if we could turn them off for certain saves. We shall see.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • HaflingerHaflinger Posts: 973 Member
    Definitely recreate Kotor and Kotor 2 stuff with this.

My two girls, the Exile and Revan are gonna rawk!
  • AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    edited August 2020
    I'm going to create a new save file and turn Strangerville into a Batuu-ish lookalike type of world. I think the surrounding landscape of Strangerville will make for a good sci-fi themed gameplay... a type of grungy futuristic world like Batuu.

Then I want to create a bunch of new households to live in this new Strangerville/Batuu-ish world. Various households that are sci-fi geeks, science/computer nerds, aliens, and also different Star Wars characters. Maybe Han Solo hooks up with Obi Wan Kanobi, while Chewy starts on a new career path and opens up a flower shop?

Only time will tell... :D

Oooo, and maybe I'll turn the Strangerville lab into a big Jedi Master 'headquarters' community space where people come to hang out, socialize, meet and greet?
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    bshag4lv wrote: »
    I made another post in a thread I can't find now. :D

Basically I said I would never buy it. Weeell, as my Grandma used to tell me, never say never. I watched the official trailer and it reminds me of our Strangerville, story driven play. I liked the look of the planet and story line is intriguing as I am a life long lover of Star Wars and Star Trek, but with that being said, what is to keep the weird looking aliens from roaming the streets in Windenberg? I am not that fond of aliens from Sixam but it fit into my astronaut's story. My main concern is, is there a way of keeping Star Wars in Star Wars or is it going to "leak out" all over the other game saves?

I have great ideas for this pack tied in with my astronauts' career and scientists' career. I know there won't be but it would help if we could turn them off for certain saves. We shall see.

I believe that there was a tweet from Simguru Ninja saying that Star Wars will stay in Star Wars so I believe that they have thought of this. But otherwise I believe that this is the sort of information that will be presented before release :)

On-topic. I have a lot of plans :smiley:

My current main family will just travel there and stay a bit but will not get too involved in any of the different paths because I already have ideas for them. However their future child will be the first one to build a droid with the robotic-skill. I have waited with the droids until I had the right story and sim for it. How perfect won't it be to bring my sim and her robot-friend over to Bantuu!

- I want to create a chef that travels the world and learns different recipes, and working odd jobs. Later when the sim has saved enough we get to build a diner!

- I want to create a traveling sales sim. Collecting kyber-crystals in Bantuu and toys and then selling them in San Myshuno. Then if the sales-table works in Bantuu I will be so happy.

- Traveling musical sims who does odd jobs and brings a guitar everywhere. Will sing and join the smugglers when in Bantuu.

- A runaway teen, the last survivor of a family or rebels who have been hiding in Oasis Springs. Will skill up and then return to Bantuu and help the rebels.

eea4e0f4f395376efd07722d8cc5042e4de82758.png
    - Elsa, my sweet little old lady books an vacation but unfortunately forgets to put on her reading-glasses. She thought it said "Bay" as in Brindleton Bay but it appears to have been Bantuu. No worries, Elsa is a happy soul and we will see what she thinks of ruffians who mistreat their fellow sims.
  • EllupelluelluEllupelluellu Posts: 6,914 Member
    @SilentKitty , I would love to see Elsa's face when she gets there and realizes it is not "Bay" :D
    My love, my love, my fearless love, I will not say goodbye..
    Sea may rise, sky may fall, My love will never die..
    My heart, my heart, My drowning heart, Oh all the tears I've cried
    Oh I may weep forevermore, My love will never die..

My Story:Villa Catarina
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    I don’t plan per se, but I am wondering about how to blend my current Rey and Ben Solo with the game characters Rey and Kylo Ren. I’ve pretty much figured out the Kylo Ren situation, but Rey still has me stumped. I’ll probably need to find out whether their Rey is a regular character, or someone you’ll see only once or twice,
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    I recreated a few KOTOR characters in TS4 and will be using them to play the pack. My Exile will be my 'main character', along with Atton Rand. And then I'll just let the other characters roam around in the background or something.
    Other than that, I'll have to see more about the pack before I make any more plans.
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »
    I don’t plan per se, but I am wondering about how to blend my current Rey and Ben Solo with the game characters Rey and Kylo Ren. I’ve pretty much figured out the Kylo Ren situation, but Rey still has me stumped. I’ll probably need to find out whether their Rey is a regular character, or someone you’ll see only once or twice,

Yeah... if Ben and Rey are the first ones you see when getting on the planet I will change some things in how I plan my stories. Sort of hoping that they are saved for later on in the story-line but we will see. I'm still just loosely forming some ideas, will take a quick spin through first and see how it works.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'm still reeling and I don't have any long-term plans. But I'm copy/pasting the idea that hit me a few minutes ago (I posted it in the Countdown Thread)

I can build or download stuff to create my own Star Wars themed neighborhood. Or just drop a SW house down in the middle of one of the neighborhoods.

I can see it so clearly: The Landgraabs complaining about the weird looking dump next door right before I plow into those evil snobs with my lightsaber!!!

Me "Ooops, forgot I'm supposed to be on the Light Side there for a minute. How can I... Oh, Vla-a-ad, can you come over here, please? Just hold this a minute. Officer, officer, this horrible man went berserk on my neighbors!"

....yeah, it'll be glorious.

(It doesn't even matter that I know we won't be able to kill anyone with a lightsaber. I'll just finish them off in the pool or some other way. I always ignore those little technicalities when I play.)
  • HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    I plan on just playing it.. I want to try out the different factions and want to learn much more about them. I often don't actually give a pack a really good play through for a very long time (Strangerville, JA).. because I like things in it and can see many ways to just roll it into my game.
    For this pack though I'm not as familiar with Star Wars lore.. I've never have fanfiction like fantasies to spur me on either. I do know I can roll much of what I've seen into non Star Wars game play (lightsabers, robots, CAS, build objects.. and probably much more) but I'm not sure how to do it until I see much more of it.
    I also plan on watching the first few movies again. I'm pretty positive that will get the creative juices flowing.
    egTcBMc.png
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I married Liberty Lee and Joaquin Le Chien. I think they are so cute together. She loosens up a bit with him and enjoys DJing. And you know he's a closet nerd who's seen Star Wars 1000 times. I think I'll send them to Batuu and they can be in the rebellion.
  • robyngravesrobyngraves Posts: 248 Member
    I don't have any plans yet; however, I know that once there are more information and visuals of what the world and lots will be like, I will be an unstoppable idea machine!
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    LiELF wrote: »
    So, for those like me, who are very excited for this Star Wars pack, I'd like to know what you're planning to do in your game for when the pack launches. I'm actually surprised that it turned out to be actually Star Wars, so I feel unprepared, lol.
    Feel free to share pics and stories!

"Are you creating special Sims?"
    No, my current sims will make the journey to Batuu.

"Are you working on any builds or placing Gallery lots?"
    No, but I might update some community lots with Star Wars content.

"Do you have any stories or adventures in mind?"
    I have an approach to how I will use this pack.
    I will be treating Batuu as a entertainment vacation destination.

This will be more content for my teen sims who love sci-fi and cosplay.
    It started with Geekcon from City Living.
    geekcon2.png

I combined that with Get Together content to create Cosplay clubs and a hangout when there isn't a Geekcon festival going.
    on.
    09-26-16_8-45-42nbspAM.png

There was some Star Wars costumes and some other costumes provided by the game, but I wanted more options, so I found Overwatch and Star Trek CC costumes.
    09-26-16_8-34-52nbspAM.png

And then we got Get Famous, which gave me a ton of options to turn my Cosplaying sims professional.
    11-23-18_10-30-20nbspAM.png
    I created a new Cybercafe cosplay hangout.

11-21-18_2-38-15nbspPM.png

11-21-18_2-52-32nbspPM.png

11-21-18_3-19-33nbspPM.png

I love this place, but I will also make a Star Wars themed version that I can plop down at a moments notice.
    11-21-18_3-31-34nbspPM.png

And now my cosplayers and sci-fi loving sims will have a geek vacation destination where they can live out their sci-fi dreams.
    Journey_to_Batuu.jpg?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I've started my O'Dourke family saga; I created my image of Liam O'Dourke as a YA, then aged him down to a toddler and gave him parents (Eamonn and Heather). His father is in the Tech Guru field, while his mother is a Gardener (planning for her to go into the Botanist track) so she can work from home and watch him and any siblings (he's their only natural born child but I may have them adopt a brother and sister for him). Eventually he'll grow up, go to University to be an engineer and he'll be the one to travel to Batuu first. I've had a fondness for the little dork since he first showed up in Sims 3, so this is going to be fun for me. I'm still not super-enthused about the new pack, but I'm keeping an open mind about the possibilities.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • imhappyimhappy Posts: 1,988 Member
    I've started my O'Dourke family saga; I created my image of Liam O'Dourke as a YA, then aged him down to a toddler and gave him parents (Eamonn and Heather). His father is in the Tech Guru field, while his mother is a Gardener (planning for her to go into the Botanist track) so she can work from home and watch him and any siblings (he's their only natural born child but I may have them adopt a brother and sister for him). Eventually he'll grow up, go to University to be an engineer and he'll be the one to travel to Batuu first. I've had a fondness for the little dork since he first showed up in Sims 3, so this is going to be fun for me. I'm still not super-enthused about the new pack, but I'm keeping an open mind about the possibilities.

I gave you an awesome because that last name is hilarious :D