Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Journey to Baatu : new pack! Your thoughts?

Lets vote to see a general consensus of how some players feel about the Star Wars pack.
Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P

Journey to Baatu : new pack! Your thoughts? 324 votes

I am not excited or interested. That reveal did nothing for me . I will most likely skip.
64%
auroraael14Frn0731vancanuckfan86catmom1987icmnfrshNh6650windweaverrudy8292Kita5399Icewolfjobug1015jeepjeepcatKHS12alexspoom13orangeplumbobSimmervilleHowGreatThouArtColorist40JueJueoveron 210 votes
I am vaguely interested,and i will most likely buy the Star Wars pack
12%
DannydanboCK213KamioJeanalan650111IceyJCabelle1863aelias24imhappyelanorbretonsimgirl1010friendlysimmersloubylouloustilljustme2catloverplayershandra2183gothprincess4everRinskMVWdeZTFoxrox77 42 votes
I am SUPER into the Star Wars theme and cant wait!
14%
LeGardePourpreBlkBarbiegalrudolphaCamkatIsb917simm621OrsalakrobyngravesJestTrukemowerymitchiebanjopurplestarz2006mlmeadowsGoddessSeleneaecollins21ashcrash19smurf45blueWolfNatePaulmarch76Strudelzz 48 votes
I dont care for the Star Wars theme much, but im buying this for Build/Buy/CAS , etc.
7%
Akl500Phoneypooh1267ihavesorelegsnowdavidp0418storyyjonilla1namelessrealityAuroraBorealliscchant86MindofyMysteriousConcludekiwi84Sakuske1rjssimlexus20clover24AuronoiChieftainLordOfTendonsCoconut27SimAlexandria 24 votes

Comments

• Options
    username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    I dont care for the Star Wars theme much, but im buying this for Build/Buy/CAS , etc.
    Personally, nothing in that reveal sparked my interest. I dont want to play that style of game, at all.

• Options
    SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Why is “most likely skip” not, I won’t buy? It’s still a chance it would be bought. I’m not buying at all
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    If they can fix the game so Sims stay closer to home I'll be mildly interested; I'm not sure I want to see Nancy Landgraab jogging through the Batuu market. The lightsabers look pretty cool; I wonder if we'll get a new skill or if it'll just be part of Fitness. My husband and I had planned to get to Galaxy's Edge down in Disneyland this year, but he died before we could make it. :'( I personally would have preferred a pack that would improve the current aliens but that's just my 2 Simoleons...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Not sure how I feel about this pack. I am glad we finally get some storm trooper outfits though. I've been begging for them for years.

I just hope we can travel to the planet and its not part of a different neighborhood or world.
  • Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,342 Member
    I would have prefered a Star Wars themed Theme Park GP, but can work with a real Star Wars pack, too.

My main save is set in the near future, so the objects might come in handy, but also not that far removed that people would have forgotten about Star Wars. My sims or their children might believably be fans.
  • Options
    Why is “most likely skip” not, I won’t buy? It’s still a chance it would be bought. I’m not buying at all

Because until we see more...we cant know for certain.

• Options
    BariSaxyBariSaxy Posts: 4,699 Member
    I am not excited or interested. That reveal did nothing for me . I will most likely skip.
    It's not a most likely will skip for me, it's a most definitely will skip.
    OO2UdmJ.png
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    Kinda a mixture. No interest in Star Wars characters but very excited for build/cas stuff. Def. buying it, but I'm waiting til I can bundle with knitting and the next EP (which I'm guessing will be a winter one)
  • Options
    clover24clover24 Posts: 887 Member
    Not a fan but the cas items look cool
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    Nope, Don't care about Star Wars at all I didn't even bother to watch the trailer.
  • Options

I know for sure for me, and this poll doesn’t work

• Options
    I think if you have a household, where one of the adults or children is a star wars fan, this pack could work, because you could pretend they are going to like, the sims version of disney world and the section of the park that is Star wars themed, for their birthday or like a special occasion. IRL, i go to theme parks a LOT , i love them :)

But other than that...im not playing as a character who lives there .

• Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member

Personally I don’t need to see more, I know I won’t buy it. There is nothing that could be added to change my mind, I simply view it as an advertisement you can’t get rid of. To each their own, and I’m sure some people will love it, but it will never be something I want to spend money on.
  • Options

Its not working, or you just dont agree with the wording? :)

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    edited August 2020
    I am SUPER into the Star Wars theme and cant wait!
    No option for me.

I am not into the Star Wars films at all. Seen the original ones growing up because I have a brother who loved them and I guess I... Vaguely enjoyed them? I think I had a bit of a crush on Princess Leia and Padme (did I spell those right?) lol. And I have seen the first of the new films and found it really boring.

BUT I am super excited for this pack. I think the gameplay could be really fun. I love anything which adds some non-realism to the game and this will do that. Plus, there's aliens (I guess they won't be real life states though) and robots. Jedi might be a new lifestate and the new world would be cool to live in. And if there's some sort of Strangerville-type story to play out, I would love that.
  • Options

Its not working, or you just dont agree with the wording? :)

Yes poor wording, there should’ve been a definite no
  • Options
    lexus20lexus20 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Not interested at all, I'm only buying it for Build/Buy and because I like to have every pack in my game
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    Looks like fluff. No replayability at all, and nothing that adds to the core gameplay. No thanks!
  • Options
    TamakiSakura84TamakiSakura84 Posts: 543 Member
    I think if you have a household, where one of the adults or children is a star wars fan, this pack could work, because you could pretend they are going to like, the sims version of disney world and the section of the park that is Star wars themed, for their birthday or like a special occasion.

The trailer makes it look like this experience is for young adult and older Sims only, due to the mission-based play. Why am I not surprised that children are left out again?

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    I’ll watch the livestream for more information though.

I do like Star Wars, but it’s so weird in the sims. Nobody really asked for this, and I’d rather have more gameplay I will use like CARS, proper schools, better personalities, activities, and useful build buy items like new kitchen counters for instance.
  • Options
    BOYBOY Posts: 540 Member
    the most disappointing pack yet. by far. lol
    Fairies & real Plantsims please!
  • Options
    ElectraRaiElectraRai Posts: 99 Member
    I think we lack data now, we got only vague trailer with really 0 information about what this pack will bring to the table, i will w8 for more information before deciding whether i am going to buy it
  • Options
    NotSoLuckyNotSoLucky Posts: 4,682 Member
    I've never liked star wars and hoped the rumors weren't true. Of all the things they could have given us.... they pump out this trash.
  • Options
    bixters wrote: »
    Looks like fluff. No replayability at all, and nothing that adds to the core gameplay. No thanks!

Yup! Definitely fluff. I think i should definitely skip this and i will this time. No use in buying packs i wont use :)

• Options
    grayhorseranchgrayhorseranch Posts: 33 Member
    Definitely not buying it.