Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Comments

• Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    There was a patch today?
  • Options
    FlapFlap Posts: 200 Member
    I'm little bit disappointed but I guess they'll drop a major patch on September (because of TS4 release, maybe?) with bug fixes and a free trick xD

Sims still not sitting to eat here :(
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    They missed the other bug in DO, the one where sims need to be prompted to completely eat their meals.
  • Options
    alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    They missed the other bug in DO, the one where sims need to be prompted to completely eat their meals.

They're missing this for one year now.
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    I absolutely will not get another pack until they fix the gardening, and they did not even mention Eco Footprint, issues, you know the whole thing that makes Eco Living the pack that, if you bought, spent money to get it for.....I have bought all the packs, and I wish I never had. I regret ever buying Eco Living, the Eco Footprint has most definitely been broken in any of my games, and they are all new games. I wish I had never bought it, but I guess it would not have mattered since gardening is still broken because of the Update before that pack came out, so regardless as to whether you have EL or not most likely gardening, at least, is not working for you. I can live with some bugs, some are just an annoyance, but there are some that make gameplay not work right, and just saying here is a mod to fix it is not helping, they should care to fix the game they created or not put out something that is not made right. You should not HAVE to have mods to play a game, you should be able to play it with it working, especially since you pay for the game and packs to go with it, this is getting ridiculous. I guess if you are not the right people saying these things then they do not care, you know since at least now you can name a cowplant, that is if it does not regress in growth because of the bug!
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    edited August 2020
    :( I am so sorry each time a patch comes out you make these posts.

It's ridiculous this team hardly ever fixes stuff .
  • Options
    Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    What's broken with gardening?
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
  • Options
    SimmerMarsSimmerMars Posts: 242 Member
    edited August 2020
    @Zeldaboy180 the plants revert back to a pile of dirt. Mine also never produce anything to harvest once it’s finally matured. I’m sure there’s more I’m missing but I stopped messing with gardening when I realized it’s not working for me at all.
    Origin ID: Bosslady216
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    Yeah, I'm bummed that gardening didn't get fixed. My Sim is an entrepreneur and she uses dragon fruit to craft fizzy drinks as they sell for tons & the dragon fruit just won't grow. I'm pretty sore about it....doing rags to riches & it messing with my Sims money lol.

I noticed that child SIms not gaining adult skills once they max out child skill is not fixed either. Oh boy.
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    calaprfy wrote: »
    There was a patch today?

Yes, it's the reason I can't play the game. It's a mandatory update, annnnd origin has been crashing every time I click "Update". So help me, the next time I can I'm putting this game in offline mode and not going back on until the cows come home. >:)
  • Options
    Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    When will the plants turn back into a pile of dirt? I have plants in pots that are growing fine.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I has a nice Plasma tree for some of my Vamp households & the tree instantly turned to dirt.
    So wrong.😤😥😢
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Is this something random or all plants are affected? So far, in my game I have seen only parsley and basil turn into seed form on one lot, the others are still doing fine or appear to be dormant/out of season.
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Obviously to fix the garden has no priority to them, even when it is breaking the fun. And having fun in a game is the most reason to play it, or am I wrong?

Or maybe I'm just a spoiled gamer, but from other games I'm used to see hotfixes shortly after patches/dlc came out too fix as fast as possible the things that went broken. This behaviour of letting wait players for months is really disturbing me.
  • Options
    popstarsleypopstarsley Posts: 1,086 Member
    Apparently they know about it?

3rd line down

• Options
    wickichickwickichick Posts: 11,130 Member
    oh popstarsley..ty for posting that ..i just went back to twitter to get it ...the fact that the things listed on here have been successfully re produced is huge...i am not a coder but i have been involved with projects where they were part of the team...they always amaze me with what they can do but if i learned anything it is a painful process because of the time involved. i am excited now because knowing these issues could be reproduced makes me feel more encouraged to believe a solution is coming. Several on this list are things i have been holding my breath for so it was such great news from sim guru Nick.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    Yeah, I'm bummed that gardening didn't get fixed. My Sim is an entrepreneur and she uses dragon fruit to craft fizzy drinks as they sell for tons & the dragon fruit just won't grow. I'm pretty sore about it....doing rags to riches & it messing with my Sims money lol.

I noticed that child SIms not gaining adult skills once they max out child skill is not fixed either. Oh boy.

@Sha2520032003 is it possible to use buydebug to get dragon fruit while waiting for a gardening fix?
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    is this new bug post ecolifestyle patch or since eco release? i remember i did alot of gardening after installing the pack and didnt see anything wrong with it
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,144 Member
    Apparently they know about it?

3rd line down

Thank you for posting the statement here. This message as a sign of life means a lot to me and I appreciate it. The overwhelming amounts of thank you under the message made me smile.
  • Options
    sketchessketches Posts: 274 Member
    @Sha2520032003 is it possible to use buydebug to get dragon fruit while waiting for a gardening fix?

What I do (and recommend) is buy perfect plants/fruits/veggies/flowers from the gallery, save them as small rooms, and just import those to harvest as needed. I mean, if you're OK with that.

It is kind of cheating, though. :tongue:

You can also put plants in the household inventory to "harvest" them, because then the fruit/flowers get stored separately. Then, just pluck those out of the household inventory. Oftentimes, the plants don't look like they can be harvested at all, but they still produce fruit in the inventory — at least, in my experience. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Origin ID: sketchur
    Sims 3 MyPage: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/sketches

#FixThePersonalities
  • Options
    troshalomtroshalom Posts: 1,095 Member

Heavy sigh @Sha2520032003 another saved game I have to stop playing. Children messed up AND gardening. Frustrating
    wocka wocka wockaWho gave that puppy asparagus?please do not send me private messages - they creep me out 🤢🤮😱
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,875 Member
    sketches wrote: »

What I do (and recommend) is buy perfect plants/fruits/veggies/flowers from the gallery, save them as small rooms, and just import those to harvest as needed. I mean, if you're OK with that.

It is kind of cheating, though. :tongue:

You can also put plants in the household inventory to "harvest" them, because then the fruit/flowers get stored separately. Then, just pluck those out of the household inventory. Oftentimes, the plants don't look like they can be harvested at all, but they still produce fruit in the inventory — at least, in my experience. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is what I do. I don't consider it cheating though as my sim has grown all perfect harvestables. I was doing this before the gardening bug as she now lives in a smaller house with no room for a large garden, and no desire to actually garden. :D She also uses her cloning machine from the scientist career to duplicate them when supplies get low.