Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

A very depressing Love Day date

I had to share this tragic and also kinda hilarious Love Day date:

I play a multi generational 8-Sim household. Love Day comes around and I decide to treat the newlywed couple of my household to a dinner out. They’re new parents and could use a break after all. So they go out for a nice, fancy Love Day dinner.

Well, shortly after getting their table an elder waiter drops dead of old age... My Sims mourn but go back to their table afterwards. I pick their orders from the menu and everything is recovering ok... until over an hour passes and I realize their order hasn’t been taken yet.... Then I realize the waiter who died was the ONLY waiter at the place. So there’s a chef back there cooking away and a hostess but no one at all to take orders :D My Sims gave up the table and ate leftovers at home :|:D

Comments

• Options
    hellokitty1496hellokitty1496 Posts: 243 Member
    Then I realize the waiter who died was the ONLY waiter at the place. So there’s a chef back there cooking away and a hostess but no one at all to take orders :D My Sims gave up the table and ate leftovers at home :|.
    :# Oh, this gave me horrible flashbacks for my days in the food service. I can only imagine the horrible conversations and interactions taken place.
  • Options
    ScobreScobre Posts: 20,665 Member
    I had a good time reading your story. It seems like a delightful date night for my Sims. I think my most epic romantic tragedy was a Sims 2 save with a double wedding. While nearing the end of the wedding celebration, one Sim decides to make a meal. Ends up setting the house on fire and the limo and everyone dies except Nebula the alien toddler, so the game ended.

So I am glad your couple survived at least.
    “Although the world is full of suffering, it is full also of the overcoming of it.” –Helen Keller
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Aww that is sad :(

They really should have programmed the game so that sims can't die at work. I guess it's realistic but it can also be highly annoying!

Once my sims went on a date and two elders decided to drop dead one after the other at the restaurant. Really killed the mood (pun intended).
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Scobre wrote: »
    I had a good time reading your story. It seems like a delightful date night for my Sims. I think my most epic romantic tragedy was a Sims 2 save with a double wedding. While nearing the end of the wedding celebration, one Sim decides to make a meal. Ends up setting the house on fire and the limo and everyone dies except Nebula the alien toddler, so the game ended.

So I am glad your couple survived at least.

Seems fire was a lot deadlier in TS2!