Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Poor performance on an RTX 2070 Super

Changed graphics card to the RTX 2070 Super and every other game has seen a performance boost except The Sims 3 and The Sims 4. At the same graphics settings (4K, maxed out) they get the same frame rate my GTX 780 did or worse. The Sims 4 is down as low as the 20s. Sims 3 on the other hand is way too bright. I play on pretty packed lots.

RAM: 16 GB
Windows 10 version 2004
i5 4570 CPU

Comments

• Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    My graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 and my CPU is a i9-9900K CPU @ 3.60GHz (16 CPUs). I too have 16GB of RAM.

My FPS frequently dips to 20, 10 or even sub 10.

No CC or mods except MCCC.

I don't have a solution, but this is just to say that you're not alone in having a high end machine which the game hates.
  • Options
    izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    CursedDice wrote: »
    Changed graphics card to the RTX 2070 Super and every other game has seen a performance boost except The Sims 3 and The Sims 4. At the same graphics settings (4K, maxed out) they get the same frame rate my GTX 780 did or worse. The Sims 4 is down as low as the 20s. Sims 3 on the other hand is way too bright. I play on pretty packed lots.

RAM: 16 GB
    Windows 10 version 2004
    i5 4570 CPU

Your GPU is way too powerful for your cpu hence you get bottleneck maybe consider upgrading the cpu, I own Ryzen 3 3300x and GTX 1660 Super and it never went below 50 fps even on San Myshuno everything on ultra.
    ihavemultiplegamertags
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited July 2020
    I can play other games on Ultra Settings but the sims4 can sometimes lag for me, especially if there are many sims and objects on the lot. I have a GTX 1080 (8GB) with an i7-4790K CPU 4.00 GHz (8 CPUs) and 32 GB of RAM.

The sims3 is running absolutely awful for me. I tried different methods like adding the graphics card to the config file and other methods but I have given up.
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    Because of how the game is designed there will be fps drops when you zoom out or when you turn the camera very fast. Those should be subtle though. I play on a gtx 1060 6gb with max 80 fps on ultra but the game can drop as low as 38-40 if I zoom out very quickly.
    If you are getting random fps drops in the 20s but the game works normally sometimes then it could be this fps drop bug that a lot of people have been experiencing since Eco Lifestyle, including several YouTubers.
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    AnnLee87AnnLee87 Posts: 2,475 Member
    A game changer said in a video if you have lag in your game you should clear your in game notifications. I have been doing this and it does help a lot. I also play offline and only connect when I use the gallery then I go offline again in settings.