August 7 - Everyone ready for the Friday Highlight? It's ready for you here!
Are you ready for the The Sims Spark'd? Discuss the final episode here! Don't forget to use spoiler tags! Need a refresher? Click here!

Nectary Hills Update 8/7/2020 - Vampire Lounge & 1st Nectary, plus half the lake houses done! WIP

Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,645 Member
edited August 7 in The Sims 3 World Builders
I decided it was time to show off what I have created so far. I've gotten a lot done, but this thing is still far from finished, and far from the playtesting phase, but I think I finished enough that you should be able to get somewhat of an idea of what the final product will be like. I haven't even finished any of the starter homes yet, but I have finished all the mansions and apartments, and about half of the regular homes

When I say "all in one hood" by the way. I pretty much mean it. Nectary Hills uses content from every single expansion pack and includes every single career, including the bot combat arena and the astronomy career that you can normally only get when traveling to Oasis Landing in the future. It also will have all Late Night venues so having a band will be an option if that's what you want. This world does not include a university, but it does include a coffee shop, and every single one of "social group" venues from that pack. The city also will have an academy, a Chinese garden and two nectaries. With a name like Nectary Hills, there has to be more than one of those. It will also include all Ambitions venues, Pets, Showtime, and Supernatural venues, a Seasons festival lot, along with all the Island paradise venues, including a medium size resort and three dive lots. If that wasn't enough it also will include a bot shop from into the Future and pretty much all base game venues.

Note that this is not intended for really slowly machines, but I will do my best to make sure it gets a decent framerate on most modern computers

There's a bunch of mansions in this neighborhood, but they're not even the biggest ones, those are the two 50 by 50 ones near the legacy challenge lot. Yes you will be able play a legacy challenge in Nectary Hills if you want
screenshot_original.jpg

A closer look at the downtown, this was originally going to be significantly more densely populated, but I ran into too many framerate issues so I had to move some of the community lots.
screenshot_original.jpg

Here's a view of the hospital, a mall, the library and a couple bars
screenshot_original.jpg

The Nectary Hills Mall / Festival Lot!* Oh and yes, it is a fully functional mall, in addition to a festival lot, which includes an extra book store, consignment store, along with a World Adventures food register, and a coffee shop.
screenshot_original.jpg

Another view of the downtown area, from another angle. You will probably be able to guess what many of these buildings are supposed to be, and no, none of them are empty
screenshot_original.jpg

Here's River Front Park, one of two beaches in Nectary Hills
screenshot_original.jpg

There's also a bunch of houses surrounding two lakes that I haven't even started building yet, along with two full neighborhoods of starter homes, along with many of the community lots.

So what do you guys think of this world so far? Any comments, criticisms or suggestions?

*At one point, I referred to as the "Sunshine Mall" which is what I was originally going to call it, but I somehow forgot that I changed the name.

Scroll down for updates
Post edited by Damienf519 on

Comments

• HidehiHidehi Posts: 766 Member

Hi @Damienf519

Nectary Hills is coming together very nicely. You've put a lot of work into building this large community. I like the idea of a Mall that doubles up as a festival lot and your apartment lots look fab. Awesome that they are not just for show :)

Have fun continuing your world and I hope you'll post more screenshots of your progress :)
  • Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,645 Member
    @Hidehi Oh I will have fun with it, especially after its finished.
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 1,966 Member
    This looks awesome so far! Are you going for a Mediterranean vibe? I love the houses and the downtown area! I can't wait to see the festival grounds, that sounds neat with a market there, too.
    edited July 31
    StephSteb wrote: »
    This looks awesome so far! Are you going for a Mediterranean vibe? I love the houses and the downtown area! I can't wait to see the festival grounds, that sounds neat with a market there, too.

Not really. It’s more of a U.S west coast vibe. Kind of like a small city in the middle of California Whine Country, but with a river and a beach. I don’t know why you’d think “Mediterranean” when looking at it, but I don’t mind, since I have nothing against the Mediterranean, even from a purely aesthetic standpoint. It’s not really based on any real place by the way.

Oh and you kind of already saw the festival grounds, just in it’s generic state.

Thanks for the compliment by the way
  • StephStebStephSteb Posts: 1,966 Member
    Damienf519 wrote: »
    StephSteb wrote: »

Not really. It’s more of a U.S west coast vibe. Kind of like a small city in the middle of California Whine Country, but with a river and a beach. I don’t know why you’d think “Mediterranean” when looking at it, but I don’t mind, since I have nothing against the Mediterranean, even from a purely aesthetic standpoint. It’s not really based on any real place by the way.

Oh and you kind of already saw the festival grounds, just in it’s generic state.

Thanks for the compliment by the way

Oh, I assumed that from the world being named Nectary Hills and the colors on the houses :wink: California Wine Country works for me. I can't wait to see more!

Update 8/1/2020

I decided to take a break from the larger residential lots, and so I managed to finish my first set of starter homes, and when I say "starter homes." I'm mean, "starter homes!" Even fully furnished, there's not much in these besides the basics, but some of them have more than one bathroom, but only the ones that have more than one bedroom, more accurately, some of the ones that have more than one bedroom have more than one bathroom.

screenshot_original.jpg

Now I have to start working on the houses around those lakes, the farm houses, and the second set of starter homes, as well as the rest of the community lots. I have at this moment finished all of the Rabbit Hole community lots, except for the fairy garden. I haven't even started on that one yet.
    Update 8/3/2020

I added some trees to increase the variety
    screenshot_original.jpg

Also I finished some more venues
    screenshot_original.jpg

Finally here's a magician performing at the Downtown Flower Park. I didn't stage this, he just showed up and I decided to take a picture
    screenshot_original.jpg

Oh I do have to mention one more thing. Its the Nectary Hills Mall, not the Sunshine Mall. I think I made that mistake because I was originally going to call it that, but than I changed my mind, and I somehow forgot that I had changed the name.
    edited August 7
    Update 8/7/2020

I finished about half of the houses surrounding the lakes, as well as the vampire lounge and the first nectary. The fairy garden is also complete, except for the fact that I haven't yet decided exactly what spawners to place there. Same with the other lots I have worked on, by the way.

screenshot_original.jpg
    screenshot_original.jpg