Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Nectary Hills Update 9/13/2020! A blogger complained, so now we got new high quality pics! PG1

2...Next

Comments

• Damienf519Damienf519 Posts: 6,992 Member
    edited August 2020
    @wendyyi1
    wendyyi1 wrote: »
    @Damienf519
    I did want to suggest that you add an easily accessible bathroom to the tomb.
    Of course, adding a bathroom means that players will then make their sims flush the toilet, etc just in case it unlocks something :D

Thanks for the suggestion. I would consider it, but it kind of doesn't make sense to me. The only reason I didn't add one was because that house is supposed to have been abandoned after the town founder Edward Chadwick died, about two hundred years ago, and they really didn't have indoor plumbing back than. I know it doesn't really look like a really old house, but I'm limited with the stuff that I can work with. Maybe I could add the toilet that comes with World Adventures somewhere since that one looks kind of like it could be a chamber pot. I guess that would make sense. I still know where I could put it through that would make sense.

Glad you were able to beat the tomb without cheating by the way. It means that it was not broken like I had feared. I just play tested the tomb again by the way, and I didn't run into any problems either, except that its not giving the players the message I had intended when they beat it, so I should place a little wall sign somewhere in the master bedroom.
    Update 9/2/2020

The final version should be here soon. I'm not hearing back from anyone except Wendy and it looks like there are more than a dozen other play testers, so I'm guessing that means that there isn't too much wrong with the map. The final version will also include a few new lots, including one additional house. I'm also adding an orchard and a camp ground that people can use for bonfire parties as well as improving the overall look of the world. I also updated the cover image for the world as well as fixed a few few things wrong with the description, including fixing a few errors and added a bit more detail. Don't worry, I will have thoroughly play tested all of the new lots before I release the final version. However, unless you guys find something else wrong with the current version of the map in the next few days, the final version should be here soon. After I have the final on the exchange, I will get back to work on the saved game file. If you're a beta tester, please write back to me in the next few days and let me know if you found something I may have missed, or if there's anything else I could do to improve Nectary Hills before the release of the finale version.
  • wendyyi1wendyyi1 Posts: 579 Member
    I haven't really had much time to play so I haven't had time to check things much in detail.
    However, I added some households from my Library and haven't had any routing error messages, which is a good sign.

Looking forward to the final version :)
    Update 9/5/2020

The Final Version of Nectary Hills is here. Go to the download link here or on the top of page one
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/zio1tmagiaswxjl/Nectary+Hills+Final.zip/file

Sorry I couldn't get it on the exchange as of yet. The saved game file should be coming soon.
    Hope you enjoy it as much as I think you will @StephSteb!
    Update 9/7/2020
    I uploaded some more screenshots and have a status update on the progress of the official saved game file. Head back to the first page to check them out!
    edited September 2020
    Update 9/12/2020

The saved game file is here. Download it here or on page one. Please let me know what you think of the Sims I created.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/urajoq3txsq5cql/Nectary_Hills_Story.zip/file

Sorry I forgot to mention that I left it on permanent summer so that the seasons wouldn't change will I was creating the ghosts. You'll have to change it when you create a new save from the saved game file. Also if you want it on, Story Progression is off. Sorry about that.
    Post edited by Damienf519 on
    edited September 2020
    Update 9/13/2020

I just cranked up the graphics quality of my game and posted a few high quality images, because I came across a blogger who didn't think I was doing a good job advertising my world and thought that I should only take high quality images with the settings cranked up all the way. I took their advise. Head back to page one to see the new screenshots.

Oh and just to remind all of you, the final version of the map and the saved game file are still available for download. Go to page one, if you want to do so, or scroll up a bit to find those links. Sorry I don't think I will be able to get it on the exchange at this point. Nectary Hills on the exchange seems to be a lost cause.
  • musicman4365musicman4365 Posts: 191 Member
    I downloaded this world and so far everything is working great. Populated it and it's running with no problem so far.
    edited April 2021
    @musicman4365 Glad to hear it.
    I did find a lot with routing issues. It's the Ship The Sun 1 studio Houseboat. Trying to go to and from the houseboat, the sim gets stuck. Won't walk on the doc.
    I did find a lot with routing issues. It's the Ship The Sun 1 studio Houseboat. Trying to go to and from the houseboat, the sim gets stuck. Won't walk on the doc.

That’s weird. I remember testing that and not having a problem with it. Sorry to hear that. Are you still at least enjoying the world overall?
    Yes I am.
    @musicman4365
    Glad to hear that at least. Sorry I can’t fix it at this point

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top