Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you rank the Game Packs?

OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
edited October 2020 in The Sims 4 Packs Discussion
Pretty self explanatory thread! How would you rank all of the Game Packs against each other based on personal preference, and why? If you don't own a certain pack just exclude it :)

For me my ranking is;
  1. Jungle Adventure - JA is a really good solid pack imo, the world is stunning, the build-buy is amazing for a game pack, and most importantly it's fun to play with! I love sending my sims into the jungle, or just lounging around the pool or going to the bar.
  2. Realm of Magic - Completely different to anything else in the game, not gonna lie the gameplay isn't the best but I enjoy going around setting things on fire a little too much and the world is really nice, same with the build-buy/cas. And the realm is really pretty.
  3. Dine Out - It's basically just the retail system from GTW and the Vet system recycled again for more money with minimal effort, but I love those systems and I enjoy playing with them and restaurants so I still enjoy this pack and use it a lot. I'd consider it an essential
  4. Strangerville - Controversial but I did enjoy playing with this pack, and the world is really nice. It's not perfect by a long shot but I enjoyed playing with it and will most definitely go back at some point.
  5. Outdoor Retreat - Love having the tents in game and I've enjoyed playing a lot in Granite Falls and completing the Herbalism aspiration.
  6. Vampires - I like the concept and the world, but found the gameplay boring. There isn't really anything much for vampires to do.
  7. Spa Day - It's a decent enough pack, but for me it compares with Bowling Night and Fitness Stuff, which are both stuff packs. In comparison with JA this pack has very little to it. I do like the pack and if it was a stuff pack it'd be brilliant, but as a GP there's not enough to it.
  8. Parenthood - Just doesn't interest me
Post edited by Onverser on

Comments

• Options
    Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 5,148 Member
    These are just the ones I own but

1.dine out
    2. Parenthood
    3. Jungle adventure
    Gallery ID: cavapoo_king
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited July 2020
    For me my ranking is;
    1. Parenthood - It was something that was finally added to the game that involved more than single young adults. It added more for the other age groups.
    2. Vampires - I really love how much they added to the vampires, compared to the past Sims games. I really love the buy/build objects.
    3. Realm of Magic - Pretty much the same as what I said for the Vampire pack.
    4. Outdoor Retreat - Having the ability to actually do some camping in the game. I am very happy that they came out with this first, before Jungle Adventure.
    5. Dine Out - I really don't use this one much anymore, but it is nice for my single sims to be asked out on a date. I do use a mod though that forces the sim who does the inviting out to be the one who pays for dinner.
    6. Strangerville - I did enjoy the play through the first time I played this pack, but now I mainly enjoy it for the town.
    7. Jungle Adventure - I also played this through once, but trying to play through it again is like pulling teeth to me. It is a beautiful world though. If it was done more like Sims 3, this would have been at the top of my list.
    8. Spa Day - I do have a couple of Spa's in my game, but never ever go to them, only when they are attached to a gym.
  • Options
    pinneduphairpinneduphair Posts: 918 Member
    1. Parenthood - I love it. I really enjoy the depth it adds to both children and parenting, as well as the character values giving sims a little extra bit of personality even in adulthood. I also like the Build/Buy and CAS from this pack.

2. Dine Out - It's true that it can be glitchy when running restaurants, but I honestly get a lot use out of Dine Out, compared to the other packs. I send my sims to restaurants all the time, and building restaurants is fun to me.

3. Jungle Adventure - I really love Selvadorada, I often use it for honeymoons. While I still greatly prefer the way exploration worked in TS3 World Adventures, I do enjoy the jungle exploration in this pack. JA is a favorite for B/B as well.

4. Spa Day - Very much in the middle for me. I like the spa features, but I can't say I use them constantly. Dying or woohooing in the sauna is nice every now and then.

5. Strangerville - I like the world of Strangerville, and I LOVE the build/buy from this pack. Especially the doors, windows, and fences. However, I played the 'story' once when the pack came out, and have had no desire to play it again. It's ok, just not much replayability there, imo.

6. Outdoor Retreat - Not too much to say about this one. I don't use Granite Falls often, but it is nice. I like that this pack added tents. I don't like when my sims make Franks & Beans, because... well, you know why.

7. Realm of Magic - I don't actually own this one. I'm not big on occult gameplay unless it's more on the cutesy/fairytale side (i.e. mermaids, fairies). I also wasn't a Harry Potter kid, and this pack seems heavily inspired by that series. So yeah, I'm just not into it.

8. Vampires - Don't own this one either. Basically for the same reasons as RoM. Creepy/spooky aesthetic is not my thing. I'm a flowers/sunshine/pastels kind of girly girl, lol.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'm just now really getting into RoM -- I got it at release but shortly afterwards I started having issues with my vision so couldn't play. I'm currently playing a couple where one is a spellcaster and the other a vampire; I want to build up their skills and powers then upload them to the Gallery. I love the attention to detail that was put into it.

I'll tackle the full ranking over the weekend...
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    edited July 2020
    1. Vampires. I bought this for build/buy, but ended up really enjoying the vampire gameplay.
    2. Parenthood. I like how this pack changes everyday family gameplay.
    3. Jungle Adventures. The career and adventuring through the jungle are surprisingly replayable and fun.
    4. Spa Day & Dine Out. I love the wellness skill and the objects that came with Spa Day. Dine Out can be buggy at times, but being able to send sims to restaurants enhances the gameplay significantly.
    5. Outdoor Retreat. I like this pack , but just not as much as the others. It's kind of simple, but it still provides nice vacation spots.
    6. ROM & Strangerville. I've had them both for a very long time, but basically use neither so they don't enhance my game at all right now. With the exception of vampires, I'm not big on occults/weird stuff.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    1.Dine out- use it in every save. Love going to restaurants.
    2.parenthood- enhances family gameplay
    3. Spa Day- I actually go to the spa often. I also love yoga.
    4. Outdoor retreat- didn’t use it that much but with seasons I love to spend Winterfest there.
    5. Jungle adventures- I haven’t used this one in awhile. But I loved the new dance and food. World is beautiful.
    6. ROM/Vampires/Strangerville- I have played these each in one save. I had fun but not for me. ROM slightly ahead because I use the CAS a lot.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    1. Vampires: Forgotten Hollow has a nice flavor, and the BB/CAS is so unique and full of personality, yet still versatile enough to use in tons of different ways. The vampires have amazing customization options, they don't level up too fast, and they have so many fun gameplay elements that make them stand out. I don't use them all the time, since they don't always fit into my gameplay, but I always have fun when I'm using them.

2. Jungle Adventure: Exploring the ruins is fun, Selvadorada is full of culture and personality, the food and drinks are a treat, the BB/CAS is chef's kiss, and I love making archaeologists and having them study artifacts. I'd say the only big flaws come from the world is terrible as a vacation spot since you can't do anything there besides jungle adventuring, and that the world is too small to make more fun destinations to try and rectify this.

3. Realm of Magic: Despite it being underdeveloped and full of wasted potential, I love this pack. It has many flaws that make it weaker than Vampires, but the flaws are outweighed by the positives. Witches are part of my everyday gameplay, they add so much to my enjoyment of the game.

4. Dine Out: I don't experience the glitches and bugs everyone else is facing, so restaurants work fine for me most of the time. I absolutely love managing a restaurant, even if it can get repetitive. If we had more lots, I'd have chain restaurants and play a lot more with them.

5. Parenthood: Honestly, I barely notice this pack, but I love the BB/CAS. The problem with it is that the bonuses are pretty insignificant and sims don't have personalities or consequences, so I never notice the character values and phases having an effect on my gameplay. But I like the diary, being able to volunteer, the mood swings, and some of the other small details. I feel that this pack'd be rated higher if sims had more personality though, so we could see it have more of an effect on sims' behavior.

6. Spa Day: The BB is niche but pretty, the CAS is decent. But the spa stuff is surprisingly cute. It's nice to send my sims to the spa to relax, and I like to have sims practice yoga as a hobby. I don't use its content all the time, but it's a pleasant treat when I do.

7. StrangerVille: No.

8. Outdoor Retreat: At least StangerVille has good BB/CAS and a unique world. Outdoor Retreat just has a tiny forest with nothing to do. I only bought this for tents, and even then I barely use them anymore. Herbalism is a good idea, but it's such a nothingburger. But otherwise, it's just inoffensive and bland, so I have less hatred for it than I do for StrangerVille.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    My preferences change a lot in time but here's my ranking atm:

1 - Vampires - Vampires have the deepest system in the game. I have played lots of vampires and they end up having totally different lives depending on their perks, weaknesses and the story i have in mind for them. It's also very cool that they have 3 aspirations: being a good vampire, a 'bad' vampire or just someone that wants to know it all about the lore. I love this;pack!

2 - Spa Day - Spa day has been one of my favourites since it went out and my mind haven't changed about it. I personally love what it offers: the wellness skill is super relaxing, the animations are so well done, specially the yoga poses... I like that we're able to use it all at home or just have an outing to the spa either with friends or a loved one... and yoga is my favourite activity to get a sim fit in a few days when i feel the need.

3 - Realm of Magic - I'm just getting started with RoM so i can't atm rate it higher as i have a lot to explore yet. But with what i've already played i can say i love it. I'm playing a spellcaster that has a goal in mind: she wants to ressurect the dead. She's learning potions using the cauldron. I love the fact that the potion learning (and spell learning as well) is random. So, she has already learned a few potions but not the one she wants. When she ends up learning it she'll resurect ghosts for families that will require her for that and she'll charge them for the job (i'll cheat the money in and out the households). I've decided that when she reaches her goal im not going to have her learn more potions but she'll use the ones she already randomly learned to help her out in life. This is how i play. I have no interest in playing all the pack through and have a sim know it all. Maybe that's why im having so much fun with this pack and feeling it will be very replayable.

4 - Jungle Adventures - For a vacation pack it has a lot of things to do. I have had sims going on a family vacation just enjoying the different culture, archeologist lovers trying to get the best artifacts, active teens having fun in the temple, honeymoons... it has a lot of replay value. And the world is astonishing! My favourite without doubt.

5 - Outdoor Retreat - I don't use this pack a lot but that's just something normal about the vacation packs... but i do enjoy what it offers: the camping gear, the herbalist skill and the world itself. It is super relaxing but in all saves i have the need to add different lots to the world to make the trip more interesting. I take out some rentals depending on the story Im playing. I have added a spa and a restaurant once and a church and a spiritual retreat with yoga mats and meditation banches in other save. The good thing is that the game allows us to change it so it may look boring at first sight but we can make that trip as interesting as our imagination allows.

6 - Strangerville - I like this pack but i haven't approached it as a story to be played from start to end. In one save i have awaken the mother but then the character that did it died and the craziness stayed like that. In the save im playing now one of my characters is infected but he and his family don't know why and they just live with it. There's another character (i play rotationally) that is a kid who dreams on reaching the top of the military career. So, overall i like the pack's features but i avoid playing "as recommended".

7 - Dine Out - I love to send my sims to dine out either alone, in a date, with family, with a group of friends or co-workers. I like that sims can celebrate their birthdays in a restaurant ordering a cake and i like that we can set the menu of restaurants specializing them in fish, meat, vegetarian, even when i'm not owning them... I don't send my sims everytime to the restaurant but i do it quite a few times. I'm yet to try owning a restaurant. Overall it's a nice pack but too specialized: it doesn't offer anything mode than eating out or owning a restaurant.

8 - Parenthood - while i do like some features a lot (like school projects, the board to set curfew times...), as time goes by i feel more and more uninterested in this pack. I don't like the messes children are constantly doing and the character values, when playing normally without them in mind, always have the same outcome: polite and responsible adults. I would have prefered a pack with more activites to toddlers, kids and teens and less centered in the parents.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited July 2020
    This is hard to rank because I tend to like stuff each pack brought but...

1. Vampires. I agree it's not much for them to do and I'm still sore they nerfed them but I always find myself playing with tons of vampire and I absolutely love their powers. They just look super cool no matter what they do.

2. Outdoor retreat. I'm ALWAYS using the camping stuff even though I rarely take vacations because I just prefer to live there. Granite falls would be my number 1 hotspot if we could. Overall I like a lot of things it brought.
    3. Dine out. I just love how restaurants function, choosing the menu food, selecting seats, watching them eat etc etc. I eat out quite often.
    4. Strangerville. I really enjoyed it. I can't wait to do the story again.
    5. Realm of magic. So so disappointed in the Harry Potter pathway they chose for witches but hey I still use it lol.
    6. Spa day. Almost never use anything but the yoga mat. I'm just not into spa stuff even in real life.
    7. JA. Would you believe me if I said I have yet to explore the jungle? 😳 the world is beautiful and I have visited but haven't gotten around to exploring the temples. Too much going on in my sim lives 😅😅
    8. Parenthood. It just didn't bring me the kind of gameplay i was hoping for and kids are still lacking really badly. I would have been happier even if they just made it a kids pack full of activities for them.
    I see how they tried to add character values,responsibility and stuff which is a cool concept but I'm just not into it. I swear my kids just wanna play tag and jump on beds 😆
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    DaepheneDaephene Posts: 1,760 Member
    1. Vampires- This is probably the most in-depth occult I've ever played in the sims. It has so much flexibility and I have seen people make amazing stories with it, in addition to the fun I've had in my game. I also love the BB. I wish Forgotten Hollow had another lot or two, but I love its atmosphere. It also came with really cool pre-mades.

2. Dine Out- I don't have as many bugs as some do, and now that they've fixed the one where other diners steal your food I don't have any I can't live with. I love being able to set the menu and uniforms even when you don't run the business. I have several restaurants that are themed, such as Mexican, Asian, seafood, fast food, etc. I like that you can use the dishes from the food stalls and even holiday meals in your menus. I haven't tried running one yet, and I do hear that is buggy, but my sims eat out so often that this has to take second place.

3. Jungle Adventure- I haven't gotten my money's worth out of this pack yet, but I keep discovering more layers. I enjoy sending my less adventurous sims on a small scale vacation there and learning the rumbasim and recipes while hanging out at the cantina and museum. I enjoy exploring the ruins with different sims. There is way more depth to the archaeology part than I have had time to explore. And the world is gorgeous.

4. Realm of magic - Probably. I haven't played this one much yet but I love the CAS and BB, and there is a lot of depth to what I haven't done. The magic realm is visually awesome and Glimmerbrook is also pretty. I can create a lot of different types of spellcasters. It's the second-most in-depth occult in the game. Allowing you to have pets as familiars was a nice inter-pack touch.

5. Strangerville- I did find the base story anti-climactic. I read too much advice on the boards and beat the final battle in one try. But... it creates a lot of storytelling opportunities around the pre-written story, which a more complicated base story would prevent. The world is gorgeous. The pre-mades are fun and I've used them in some other storylines after Cassandra Goth and her wife saved the world (with help from Bella while Mortimer babysat). Also like the BB and CAS.

6. Outdoor Retreat- I acknowledge that it has the least content of any game pack. But I love taking my sims camping anyway. Especially when they go as a family. I enjoy taking my sims on the occasional vacation where maybe the things to do aren't that different than at home, but the scenery is and they don't have work or school and they're all able to do it together. It's always a family or romantic getaway for my sims. Also enjoy the BB and CAS and like using the objects in other settings (especially tents in JA).

7. Parenthood- This pack introduces more annoyances to me than any other pack of any type. But I do like the character values and have been exploring the long-term effects of both the positive and negative options. I wish there were more options of bad parenting to increase the negative traits, and the messes are excessive, but overall I don't think I'll ever uninstall it because I do like what it adds.

8. Spa Day- I almost put this one higher, but honestly the only thing I use regularly are the yoga mats and some of the CAS items for active wear. I basically get as much use out of it as I would a stuff pack. I do love the yoga though.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited July 2020
    Dine Out is oddly one of my favorite GPs, bugs and all. Maybe its because I work in a restaurant so Im biased? I dont run restaurants, but I enjoy building them.

Vampires ranks high. Ive been on a vampire kick lately with a totally awesome vampire Ive been working on. I had to add some mods to make them more...dangerous...but by themselves they're awesome.

Realm of Magic
    also ranks high for me. It honestly could rank equal with Vampires, but I think its fair to put Spellcasters underneath Vampires. I havent downloaded any mods for them (I might) and I wish they would do random magic in other worlds without me telling them to, but Im happy with them for the most part.

Spa Day I grew to like. I like the concept and the B/B but I personally find it difficult to build spa lots. Since having the pack I think Ive built only 3. Its a bit niche, but I think its a nice pack.

Jungle Adventures is okay. Its alot more interesting than Outdoor Retreat, and a couple times Ive had sims devoted to archeology. But my sims dont visit the jungle at all really. I hate getting attacked by bugs and other jungle annoyances. Id like my sims to go on a vacation and not worry about that haha.

Parenthood is meh. Would it kill my child/teen sims to not ask me for advice every minute of the day? Sheesh go away leave mom to her coffee and eat the dang dirt lol. I do like the character value system though.

Strangerville I waited until there was a sale and I was bored. I never did the story. I doubt I will. I like the world its in and its a great place for some grungy run-down lots.

Outdoor Retreat is boring. Not much to say there. Though I do understand that it was their first GP, its still pretty dull and I never send my sims to camp more than a night. I did renovate Granite Falls in one save to be a Coachella type music festival to be more interesting. (BANDS PLEASE!)
    Post edited by InuMiroLover on
  • Options
    LiELFLiELF Posts: 6,449 Member
    Some of these are hard for me to rate. So I'm going to have to cheat a little bit. :p

1. Vampires Always Vampires. The best one ever. It speaks for itself. And even though the creepy feeding gameplay was nerfed, I still frakking love this pack. I just want to see them everywhere, feeding on my mortal Sims. Is that too much too ask? I love Occults. Especially Vampires. Especially these Vampires.

2. Realm of Magic Because Magic! I mean, I think this should have been an EP. There was way more potential than this pack was given, but I'm not here to rate it on what it could have been, but what it is and what it brings to my game. Does it make me happy? Hell yeah! Have I used it a lot? Definitely! Am I bored with it yet? No way. Like I said, I love Occults! So there it is. And the magic realm is a wondrous and extraordinary, top notch atmosphere with an aesthetic that I can't stay away from. I love it there.

Also 2. Jungle Adventure So here's where I "cheat" the question. I really can't decide between Magic and Jungle for my second place so I'm giving them a tie. I just know that with Vampires, these make my top three and I wouldn't want to be without any of them. I actually was able to have some intense gameplay with Jungle Adventure, which doesn't happen too often. Hardly ever. But I love this world so much and the cultural dancing and the danger and beauty of the jungle and the lost temple and just the theme itself... this pack is as gold as the lost Omiscan treasures. <3

3. StrangerVille Because it's strange and I've never loved a desert area the way I love this town. I haven't even finished the story yet, lol, I'm just slowly working my way through it now and then with the various households I've put in. There's a whole dynamic that I'm playing out and it's a blast.

4. Outdoor Retreat I put this one up here because I personally really like forests and there are some objects and build items and clothes that I actually get some use out of. I admit, I haven't been to Granite Falls in a while and sometimes forget it's there. But I like that the Herbalism skill goes with Realm of Magic and the camping stuff works well with Jungle Adventure, so that cross-pack play bumps it up.

5. Uhh I guess Dine Out? I suppose I do use restaurants for dates and something else to do, but I never play out running one because it's too mundane for me. I'll give credit for the builders on the Gallery who have made some amazing venues for me to put in my game, because those have made it more enjoyable for me and are the reason I use them. I especially like having retro diners and teen hangouts, so it certainly has its uses.

6. Spa Day Okay, I just want to say that this isn't a bad pack for what it is. I think my main gripe with this pack is the principle of its timing. It was the second Game Pack released and during a time when there were more obvious things that the game needed, so I just think it was a poor and frivolous theme choice when the base game was still desperate for chunky content. I bought this at the time just because I needed more things to do. But I gotta say...watching my Sim get a massage was one of the most relaxing things I've ever seen in my game. I think I had her there all day because I was enjoying it. :D But to be honest, I hardly ever use spas anymore. Just once in a great while.

7. Parenthood Meh. I don't own it and don't miss it. The only thing that really interests me would be new teen behaviors, but I'm fine without it because it would be much worse having those little demons dumping messes all over my OCD-planned neighborhoods and creepy properties. You kids stay off my lawn!
    #Team Occult
  • Options
    Erja888Erja888 Posts: 4,838 Member
    edited July 2020
    My ranking:

1. Parenthood - I ♥ that you can influence your child/teenager's traits as a parent. I also like the school chance cards you get while the kids are at school and the school projects (finally something else to do than just writing into a journal). Rich families always have a set table, which is a nice little detail.

2. Dine Out - I like creating a menu for different restaurants. This way I can have my burger shop in Oasis Springs, a top French restaurant in Willow Creek and an Italian Bistro in Newcrest.

3. Vampires - It comes with a new, dark town. This is the perfect place and CAS for my Goth descendants.

4. Spa Day - I like this paired with Get Famous. My famous Sims are going in and out of the spas every day.

5. Outdoor Retreat - The CAS is still great for athletic wear and some of the kid's CAS in general. However, I never liked Granite Falls; you just can't do anything fun there.

6. Real of Magic - I haven't really played with the main feature yet. But I like the small town of Glimmerbrook and the CAS is very versatile. Unfortunately the CAS is only for teen-elder Sims.

7. Jungle Adventure - I went to the jungle for two stories, but never again. Also the CAS is too specific for my taste. Some B/B items are great for updating Oasis Springs though.

8. StrangerVille - does not interest me at all!
    I'd love to see a singing career in game, EA! You can't let the singing skill go to waste! My TS4 EPs: GTW, GT, CL, C&D, S, GF, IL, DU, EL, SE, CoL, HSY, GrT, HR, FR GPs: OR, SD, DO, V, P, JA, SV, RoM, DHD, MWS
  • Options
    Cassieb95Cassieb95 Posts: 347 Member
    Just the ones I own.

1. Dine out. I love the dining experience and it gives a realistic element to my gameplay. I also like the fact that I can own my own restaurant.
    2. Realm of Magic. I love witches and wizards and this is enough reason to love this gp.
    3. Parenthood. I bought it just because it was on sale but I ended up using it a lot.
    5. Jungle Adventures. At first, I was really excited about this theme, but I was disappointed. Personally, I needed more temples for my sims to explore and generally, I felt that there weren't many things to explore. And in no case could I not compare it with TS3 WA and the fact that I was expecting more adventures like in the WA got me disappointed. After the first exploration, I never used it again.
    6. Outdoor Retreat. A very boring gp for me. I never use it.

I recently bought the Vampires but haven't used it yet and I'm willing to buy Strangerville as well.
  • Options
    RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,139 Member
    edited July 2020
    Disclaimer: I like all of the game packs.

1. Vampires - It's actually my favorite pack in TS4.
    • Love - The vampire UI, Forgotten Hollow, the premades... to shorten this list, pretty much everything.
    • Dislike - I wish other sims would react more when they see a vampire feeding by running away or trying to fight them unless they were friends or family.
    2. Jungle Adventure - This has moved up the more I play it because I have so much fun each time I go.
    • Love - The jungle atmosphere, treasure hunting, the culture, BB, exploring and surviving in the jungle.
    • Dislike - I wish I could live in Selvadorado.
    3. Parenthood - The expansion on family play keeps me more engaged with generational play.
    • Love - Character values, journals, school projects, CAS and BB
    • Dislike - The constant questions, mess making, bear phase
    4. Realm Of Magic - I would have preferred a more earthy approach to magic, but I can appreciate what they went with.
    • Love - The three schools of magic plus potions, magic UI, Glimmerbrook, CAS
    • Dislike - The magic realm, lack of cross-pack spells, lack of spells for children
    5. Spa Day - I end up using items from this pack in almost every save.
    • Love - The wellness skill, yoga, meditation, saunas, BB
    • Dislike - This pack is on the smaller side, I don't generally use spas I just add the stuff to gyms
    6. Outdoor Retreat - There's something cozy about this pack that I love.
    • Love - Granite falls, tents, campfires
    • Dislike - Herbalism requiring bugs and being useless outside of granite falls
    7. Dine Out - I've never run a restaurant, but it's fun to build them.
    • Love - The variety of restaurants you can customize, BB
    • Dislike - I'm not interested in owning a restaurant so that takes away some of this packs usefulness.
    8. Strangerville - The gameplay is niche but I do like having the option in may game.
    • Love - Strangerville, army career, possessed sims (their run cracks me up)
    • Dislike - The story is very niche and can only fit into certain games
    Post edited by RememberJoy on
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited July 2020
    Just the ones I own. In order of how I felt about them.

1. Vampires, I did enjoy that pack very much. It fit right in with my stories in my head. Someone comes for a visit, it's a vampire, and just like the old myths you invite him/her inside. Later, while your Sim is sleeping totally unaware the Sim was a vampire, they come back to drink your blood. Muhaha >:) I liked that very much. Because of this trigger the player actually caused by inviting in a stranger, lol, other vampires may be in the town, and isn't that how it spreads. It was very interesting and immersive for me to see on the back streets of WB a vampire drinking the blood of another Sim, or in a dark corner of the bar. Let alone the powers you could give your own vampire to be subject to burning in the sun, or being immune to the sun like modern day stories of vampires. Best pack they created for TS4.

2. Dine Out, I had a lot of fun with this pack using as way to own restuarants in TS4 and or to visit. And with GT, I could have my little old ladies have a brunch club to visit or see them there. I enjoyed the choice of foods in DO for my Sims to order, I really liked they could also order desserts for later, more than one plate, separate drinks, and I really enjoyed running those restuarants. My owners were always busy helping out their staffs. Until some patch broke DO.

3. GT, specifically for two reasons, I enjoyed some group stuff but I also used it to create apartment buildings and duplexes then put some Sims in those other 'rooms' or lofts and not control them anymore. I had set what things they would do while in their own apartments (long before CL) and therefore make it seem they were caring for themselves and doing things they should be doing while at home. My own Sim lived in the other duplex or apartment and they could all be in the common areas etc. It was even better than the actual apartments of CL. lol But I also felt some of the actitivites were not flesh out like book clubs etc. They didn't form a circle and discuss books they had to read, but just kept getting a book and throwing it down and then getting another.

4. Parenthood, I wish it had more in it like Generations, but I did like I could influence kids to be gross or have manners etc. lol I also enjoyed kids messing up common areas and sidewalks etc. in my NC. lol I thought it was an ok pack and did add to some of the things teens go through and always thinking they are smarter than their parents starting about age 13.

5. GTW, I actually liked playing as a doctor and detective. It was great for Sherlock and Watson to finally have a real hands on careers, lol, other than the ones in TS3 which were also very, very good for me to play. I do wish the doctor career had allowed for the Sim to treat Sims outside of the fake world, like TS3's doctor career, which I really enjoyed, too. And I wished the pack allowed for my own played SIms to go to hosptital to be treated and or to call my other Sim in the hood to make a home visit and treat my sick Sim. That would have been great.

6. GTW aliens, were great for a time, staying in their disguises even if a cashier at a store. But for some odd reason they became fully outed after some patch, which I didn't like, I never played them again after that. I liked I didn't know who was an alien at a bar at first. That was a great thing since it would be true in real life. lol I also liked their powers and I would invite over anyone who had discovered my Sim was alien and erase their memory. >:) But a patch ruined all that actual gameplay.

7. CL, meh, I loved the spice district, and the run down apartments with the bugs and mice. However it was all FX. I didn't like the patch for other lot traits, the game is already too easy before those to help Sims moodlets...they need more chaos not less. There should have been a patch to makes things more miserable or harder for a Sim rather than to boost moods and or the work, etc. The apartment shells were a huge disappointment and my Sims stopped living there and only visited, the festivals were just a remake of assets of things already in base game, so yeah, pretty but a disappointment. The one thing I did love from that pack was the flea market table, my Sim took it every where there was a common space were they could sell some junk. lol I eventually built a flea market lot for them. It worked ok, but could have used a lot more tools to make that work correctly would have been nice, so other Sims would have also been selling things on a flea market lot.

8. Spa Day, when I figured out I could build a gym and have a yoga instructer there, too, it was great. But as usual a patch ended all that type of gameplay and very little interest or Sims (last time I played) who would show up to be instructed in yoga.

9. Spa Day in my malls I built, that worked well, too, for awhile, with clothing shop, nail spa, theater, bar etc. I set that to community lot (not owned) and it was great to see employees there and my Sim could have a drink, get their nails done, watch a movie, buy some clothes, etc. But again some patch borked those lots.

Other packs I do own aren't worth mentioning at this time. As they offered very little that interest me anymore or they got borked by patches. ETA: But movie pack was a good one since it allowed me to create public movie theaters that actually worked pretty good most of the time.

Bowling was a let down but understand they did patch it, but it was too late for me to care by that time.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    WolfNateWolfNate Posts: 2,340 Member
    RoM: I love magic and the stain glass style and the clothing.. And the familiars... I could go one.

Jungle Adventure: Ruins are a lot of fun and I like excavating.

Vampires: I like vampires and use them but the no sun thing a bit unfortunate as is standard of vampires.
    Occultism in Sims is family-friendly and should not be watered down to cater to realism players
  • Options
    bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,378 Member
    First off, I love all the packs so far. I would rather just have packs instead of eps and sps because it seems they focus on a subject and it is more fleshed out. Eps are too big and too apt to have tons of bugs and sps are too little. Course now in Sims 4, sps are much more interesting than in previous iterations.

1. ROM, love my witches.
    2. Outdoor Retreat, love my potions.
    3. Vampires, most well done in any of the previous sims games.
    4. Spa Day, I use most of the stuff in this pack even though my sims don't go the spas regularly.
    5. Jungle Adventures, I love the excavation sites, exploring even though there are more hidden dangers than what you think. I lost my most
    favorite sim because of a curse I couldn't remove.
    6. Probably Dine Out although I did not run a restaurant I could see all the bugs it still has. I do enjoy going out on a date to one.
    7. Parenthood, hate, hate the kids making messes.
    8. Strangerville, but I love, love the buy/build from that pack. The rest is, meh.
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    My first thought was that this is gonna be hard because I like all gamepacks. When writing the list I noticed the newer ones were placed last. That could change over time in case they became more essential for my gameplay. I kind of ranked them in the order what I could give up and what not.
    1. Dine Out - I listed Dine out as my favourite because I use it the most. I have yet to try running a restaurant, but I love sending my sims out to eat. I have at least 8 restaurants in my game, all styled differently with a suitable menu for each.
    2. Vampires - Vampires is the best GP made in my opinion. I only listed it as number two because I don't always play vampires. I love the aesthetics and gameplay, pretty much everything in this pack.
    3. Parenthood - I have love and hate relationship with this pack. It adds a lot, but the character values offer very repetitive gameplay and results which is a huge minus. My favourite thing is probably the school projects.
    4. Jungle Adventure - This vacation world is stunning! I'm not a huge fan of the temple gameplay, but enjoy it every now and then. Learning Selvadoradan culture is cool and I like that this vacation can be done with a very adventurous sim or a more laid back family.
    5. Outdoor Retreat - The tent is a must have item. Granite Falls is a little bit boring, but I still like having it. I have customised each lot my liking and they're worth visiting. Herbalism is not very handy...
    6. Spa Day - This is not a theme I generally enjoy. I have spas and sims go there sometimes, but I wouldn't mind much if I didn't have them. I do like the sauna and yoga though so those are a plus.
    7. Strangerville - I didn't mind the story driven gameplay in this pack, quite enjoyed it for what it was. I think the world is beautiful and nice size for a GP world. My problem is that I still haven't found much use for the town after solving the mysery and it just sits there waiting.
    8. Realm of Magic - For some reason I'm just not really feeling this pack although I was looking forward to it. The Magic Realm looks amazing, but I wish there was more to do. Glimmerbrook doesn't look bad either, but feels a bit unnecessary when they could have just made a proper magic world.
  • Options
    GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,348 Member
    edited July 2020
    Kind of hard to rank some of these because I have things I like about all of them. In general, I think all the game packs are really well done. But my ranking (at least for today :wink: ) probably goes something like this:

Dine out - This is the pack I use the most no matter what kind of story I am playing. I have my sims go out to eat a lot. And I love being able to make custom restaurants however I wish that fit in with whatever world I am playing in and whatever type of mood I want to set for the story.

Vampires - I play with vampires a lot and I like how they were done this iteration.

Outdoor Retreat - Use the camping gear (like the tent and portable shower) a lot, and not just in Granite Falls. I once had a sim travel around to every neighborhood in every world I owned at the time, camping out using all the portable OR stuff. I also like having sims go to Granite Falls for vacations, because camping is the kind of vacations my family always did when I was growing up.

Spa Day - I use the spa day stuff in my sims' houses a lot. And I love all the varied animations they put in for sims taking a yoga class (like jittering around losing balance, having trouble stretching far enough etc. and not all messing up in the same ways). It's the little details like that which always thrill and impress me and keep me interested in the game.

Realm of Magic - I think the spellcasters are pretty good, and I love the look of the worlds, CAS and build stuff. For some reason I haven't played with them a lot yet, but mainly because I haven't worked magic into any of my existing stories yet.

Jungle Adventure - Although I love the beauty of the world, and I enjoy the archaeology skill, I was somewhat disappointed with the temple. It is too small and too simple and doesn't feel rewarding to explore the way the tombs in Sims 3 World Adventures did. I do use Selvadorada as a honeymoon vacation place though.

Strangerville - Full disclosure, I totally bought it for the CAS and build stuff. I also love the look of the world. But I still haven't even made it through playing the mystery all the way even once yet.

Parenthood - My least used pack. I am not totally sure why I bought this pack, to be honest. Guess it seemed like a good idea at the time. There are some CAS and build items I like and do use, but since I rarely play with children or teens, and I never age my toddlers up (or any of my sims for that matter), it doesn't do much for me gameplay wise. :lol: I do use it some. I like the school projects (probably my favorite part when I actually do play with kids).
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Parenthood- since getting into family gameplay, this pack is a gem, I couldn't play with families without it

Dine out- I love this pack, so much possibilities with it, can create any type of restaurant/ diner you think of, although it's a bit buggy, I couldn't play the sims 4 without it.

Vampires- me also being a supernatural player of course this pack, is going too be quite high up, the best vampires in the sims series

Realm of magic- supernatural of course, I love it.

Spa day- love the concept of this pack, the build and buy, use this pack for mostly sims living in luxury

Outdoor retreat- I dont use this pack often, but i do like it when i do, its great for a family get away in the summer.

Jungle adventures- I havent fully explored this pack yet but what I played the world is beautiful and I love the danger.

Strangerville- I do love the world and cas & build & buy but once you completed the story, that's it for me and it is annoying when starting a new save you've got too do it all over again, I've gotten too the point that I still leave it as a strange town lol
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,872 Member
    Outdoor Retreat
    Spa Day
    Dine Out
    Jungle Adventure
    Parenthood
    Realm of Magic
    Strangerville
    Vampires
  • Options
    HermitgirlHermitgirl Posts: 8,825 Member
    edited July 2020
    Mine is always in order of use ... not so much that I think it's a better done pack if that makes sense:

ROM: I needed Spellcasters and like the way it was done.

Strangerville: Use the world very often and now after the Eco pack it actually helps to have that bright world again with no fuss. Just like the quirkiness.

Dine Out: Necessary.

Outdoor Retreat: I have a lot of outdoor sims and it's still my favorite loner/quiet/cabin in the woods kind of destination. Cloud gazing, tents, coolers...needed.

Spa Day: I use the stuff at home a lot, love the styles.

Jungle Adventure: I don't go here that much really although nearly every home has that fridge.

Vampires: Still haven't played them often enough, but need some elements of CAS and build/buy.

Parenthood: Just not a big family player and usually start my sims as young adults. I'm trying. Love build/buy though and setting the table.
    egTcBMc.png
  • Options
    MareahMareah Posts: 792 Member
    Dine out: I love taking my sims to resturants sooo much, when i first installed it i had all my social clubs gather there and my sims ate all their meals there, turns out they force you to pay even if you forgot XD
    Parenthood: to be fair, i have not tried half of the stuff that came with it so it could be that i might rate it higher after i explore it more, since i play big families all the time i feel like i am going to use it a lot in my gameplay.

Sorry, but that is it lol. I wont be rating the packs that i dont own even though i have a general idea about the gameplay of some of them.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    edited July 2020
    1. Parenthood... 2. Jungle Adventure... 3. Outdoor Retreat... 4 Strangerville... 5. Dine Out.... 6. Realm of Magic... 7. Spa Day... 8.Vampires