March 15th - It's time for our Friday Highlights! You can check them out here!
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Our Best of Simming - June 2020

EA_MaiEA_Mai Posts: 1,800 EA Staff (retired)
As June is coming to an end, it's the perfect moment for us to look back a bit and think of the best Simming moments we had this month. Our Sims can live a million adventures in just a few weeks. :smiley: Let's use this topic to gather only THE BEST among the best:

Which are your BEST of Simming picks for June 2020?
- Your screenshot of the month
- Your Sim of the month
- Your lot of the month
cxjwq6uxqee2.png

The categories (best screenshot / Sim / lot) are only a suggestion, feel free to use different ones if you want to adapt them to your playing style. Once you have decided your categories, think of what happened in your game this month and select your favorite for each. (1 per category!) ;)

Share your picks below!

PS
. Note that I opened this topic in 'The Sims Franchise Discussion'. Join us no matter which version of The Sims you are playing!
Post edited by EA_Mai on

Comments

• DuvelinaDuvelina Posts: 2,619 Member
    Such an exciting thread!

Screenshot of the Month

A little bit of a spoiler for my story but also not really since there's no context.

We-ll-Figure-This-Out.png

Runner-up
    Happy-after-Date.jpg

Sim of the Month
    For sims I created, I think Vasyl is the one I'm going with. Vasyl is feverishly looking for the biggest treasure known to mankind. He sails the endless ocean from place to place to look for something he knows must be out there somewhere. No matter the setback, Vasyl is positive his dream will come true. Happiness reigns in his mind which makes him oblivious to people trying to bring him down. Also, don't try to feed him fish. You'll get a lecture about the importance of fish in their natural habitat and how dare you take them away from that. No, thank you. He'll eat something else.

Vasyl-Chavis-Face.png

For sims I haven't created and I am vicariously playing, I'm going to give Sofia (my runner-up screenshot in the category above) a shout-out. She's been battling a heavy bubble blower addiction and coming out on top.

Simming Moment of the Month
    I don't create lots myself, so I picked a different category for this one. My favourite moment literally just happened. Two sims who don't know each other but are undeniably related showed up on Sofia's doorstep and it made for an unexpected but amazing twist in the story which I'm very excited to share soon.
  • MyriadSimsMyriadSims Posts: 1,197 Member
    edited June 2020
    I don't have screenshots, so my favourite sim is my eco lifestyle sim, Earth Greene (lol) who lives in a micro home, off the grid shipping container, and was a freegan, but I changed my mind.
    My lot of the month is a 4 floor 64 tile tiny home modern cube home, that has one floor for a different ise, like the kitchen is floor one, the living room on floor two, etc etc. The current residents, well, now just one resident, were a lesbian couple, because pride. One of them was crushed by a murphy bed and killed.
  • WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,743 Member
    edited June 2020
    Hi! My screenshot of the month is this view of Forgotten Hollow from one of my Sim's balconies.
    WAarQmT.png

My sim of the month is Kio Nightmear. Here he is cuddling a grub.
    OwvX0gb.png?1
    I thought this image sums up his personality pretty well. Kio is a kind-hearted vampire who cares diligently for all the bizarre things growing in his garden. He is a passionate cook who loves to expand his repertoire of dishes and dreams of being a top chef. Recently I've been having fun getting him to experiment with fizzy juices (the Plasma Fruit Concoction turned out well. Trash Fruit Fizz, not so well).
    Kio moved to the human world after being banished from the Under Realm for being too nice. Life in Newcrest was a challenge. Not many people wanted to buy cupcakes from a vampire and everyone kept mispronouncing his surname as 'Nightmare,' which didn't help his popularity. He met his first girlfriend in Strangerville but that ended awkwardly when she cheated on him. Then there was the incident with the alien plant spore that made him infect half the neighbourhood.
    When that was all cleared up, Kio then made friends with a runaway spellcaster named Samphy. After helping her out of her troubles, the two of them relocated to an abandoned lighthouse on the island of Mua Pel'am, where they could study their crafts in peace.
    Having lived a very sheltered life in the Under Realm, Kio is still getting to grips at times with human customs but is enjoying his current life.

My lot of the month is the Oasis Springs gym, which I recently converted into an Eco Gym.
    wzD3sYL.png
    ziSdVd8.png
    I like the funky décor and furniture in both Eco Lifestyle and Fitness Stuff.

• dzidziak86dzidziak86 Posts: 78 Member
    Such a great thread! :)
    MY SCREENSHOT OF THE MONTH
    W6lfNAV.jpg

MY SIM OF THE MONTH
    Mela Grim
    DfCoR9I.jpg

MY LOT OF THE MONTH
    IIc4BFh.jpg
  • ShadyLady89ShadyLady89 Posts: 908 Member

My best screenshot of the month:
    46sgxF5.png
    The Lilly family is one of the first I created in S4. Tyler has just aged up to an elder, and he's seen here having birthday cake with his daughters and his second wife. (The redheads are his daughters)
    Origin: ShadyLady1989 | please feel free to add/friend me!
    Sims 4 Blog
    Don't feed trolls. Do feed cowplants.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,615 Member
    edited June 2020
    I love this thread concept :)

My Sim of the Month She's a new Sim I made for Eco Living Lifestyle. I really like her.

5fc6b9c8589729b3b3a2407ee4932be93c869c2f.png

And editing to add a Screenshot of the Month that just happened

cce37b0fef22eb51076a8855016f5a6f8fdad26a.png

Post edited by luthienrising on
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited June 2020
    - My screenshot of the month
    v66Oxjk.jpg
    Sprinkles is territorial but goes out of her way to torment people NOT in her home.
    - Sim of the month
    nXiM5Ow.jpg
    Violet Tuttle. She is not a sim I made but a generated sim. She was doing the most with her facial expressions and my sim asked her to be their roommate. While she was there (only for a week), she ran out of the house at night to meet up with someone.
    4ov50xt.jpg
    All I can say is that the other "sim" was married to someone else before their current state. So, they met each other AFTER she became this way.
    - Lot of the month
    p6MriMb.jpg
    This was the house that my favorite sim Dezir moved into. It was a home with one room and I added to it since 2017 and this was before the console had gallery. I know it's not perfect (I am not a builder) but it's what I upgraded so I love it and can't get rid of it.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • CyazuraiCyazurai Posts: 1,284 Member
    edited June 2020
    My Screenshot of the Month

In my Name Game save, my current heir and his wife have a nice break in their hot tub while their youngest child plays in the ball pit behind them.

aFfwszZ.png

My Sim of the Month

I just recently remade one of my favorite characters I've created, since I just recently bought Realm of Magic. His name is Theophile Babineaux.

mxNlAZR.png

My Lot of the Month

I made a house for my ISBI legacy challenge, and I liked how it came out (normally I make boxes).

EMzsbsr.png
    I believe something's can't be explained
    They are hidden in the mist and in the silver rain...
  • KojiKKojiK Posts: 786 Member
    Love this thread:

Screenshot: My Sim using a SCUBA mask because of the contamination in Port Promise (the mask wasn't helpful)
    SFFIs5l.png

Lot: my first and favorite Eco Lot
    SPpe1n2.png

Sim: my latest household
    KQYGQiL.png

EA Game Changer

If inspiration bites, grab on to it!

• kiriviankirivian Posts: 1,074 Member

Not sure if some Mage's spell went wonky on the Glimmerbrook Portal or if it was a Nether Portal glitch from the Nether update in Minecraft but somehow this June the Sims 4 Eco Lifestyle Expansion Pack took wing on my computer to become my strangest if not my best ever simming moment of the month.
    bqJS4aL.jpg
    "You ask me if there'll come a time when I grow tired of you...Never, my love..." -The Association (1967)
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    Great thread! @EA_Mai, I am so impressed by the bee shot! It's perfect!

@xamira99 I'm in love with your redheaded Sim! Is he available on the gallery?

@WhatCobblers Kio Nightmear looks adorable grub cuddling!

@dzidziak86 I love that lot! It looks like something I would definitely download.

@Khrisstyne I just love it when random Sims look so interesting and have so much personality!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Becka28Becka28 Posts: 1,870 Member
    edited June 2020
    My screenshot of the month
    LISaAJwl.png
    My wedding couple crept away for some romantic private time.

My sim of the month - also moment of the month :)
    My final generation sim of the breed out the weird challenge - I played 6 generations in game..
    nfgVhrTl.png
    Her with the founder
    FDNnNC2l.png?1
    Founder sim by origin ID: Rayawarner

Build of the month
    LgGA8yel.png
    I got bored with my 100 babies house (which was a normal Willow Creek build) so I rebuilt it from the ground up - for my 3rd (and hopefully last) matriarch.
  • luckyheatherluckyheather Posts: 19,680 Member
    edited June 2020
    My Best Screenshots and Build that I am so pleased with....

Megaton is a Fallout 3 Fortified Settlement, this inspired me as it has shops, bar etc and homes but a lot more metal and messy.

Gallery Name: Contained Marketplace
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E169A335B5CE11EA897AE9B34029EF17?category=lots&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=luckyheather&max=50&maxis=false
    Screenshots
    fzLFzIo.png
    Night View
    ws8OszO.png

My Sim that I Love how she turned out after an Eco Makeover
    Gallery Name: *Tamika* Eco Innovator
    Gallery Link: https://www.ea.com/en-gb/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/E71B23EDB88011EA8367020624F6871F?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=luckyheather&max=50&maxis=false
    Notes: This sim I played a lot so she is skilled and has some rewards. She is wearing an ExoMech Suit when you place her on a lot.

msDV56f.png

My Thread is here https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/936731/luckyheathers-creations/p1
  • Simtown15Simtown15 Posts: 3,952 Member
    This thread made me realize that I haven’t played Sims all month.
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    Screenshot of the Month & Lot of the Month

MmY2n4s.png

This is a front view of Barnacle Blake's Burger Bistro built in Sulani by Jonas Blake, a Rags to Riches Sim. I love the stunningly beautiful sunset in this screenshot! It takes my breath away every time I look at it. Though I've built a half dozen houses in June, this restaurant is my favorite lot! It's only the second one I've ever built in the Sims and I think it turned out great. <3
    Sim of the Month

BoyspbN.png

Meet Britta McDonough, my Drifter from House 04 of the challenge. In this screenshot, she's celebrating her latest promotion, reaching the top of the Scientist career as an adult. I'm very proud of her. <3
    EXTRAS

Saddest Moment of the Month

LZkEL4C.png

Britta's Father, Adam McDonough, my Drifter from House 03 took his last breath after an extremely long life and I'm not ashamed to say, I cried a little. I loved playing with this Sim so much! In addition to Britta, he left behind another daughter and a son - alien twin toddlers! I wish he had at least lived to see them as children. They aged up the next day... :'(
    Funniest Screenshot of the Month

3cvp107.png

Poor Carina (Britta's daughter)! I think we can all relate... :D
    Hottie of the Month

SveYFmX.png

Some random game generated townie Carina's husband took a photo of for the House 05 Drifter Treasure Hunt photography goal. He represents a full body outfit in black. Hottest townie I've seen in my game, not just for June, but ever!

Happy Simming Y'all! <3
  • ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    Screenshot of the Month

Happy Pride Month from Caleb Vatore and Johnny Zest! <3
    reBCqJt.png

(They've been dating for over a year in my main game, it's pretty serious. Johnny is gay, Caleb is bi and a trans man.)

Sim of the Month

It's gotta be my beloved Jamie, whose Pride look got featured by the official Sims Instagram account!! My notifs are exploding!

H3qXLoG.png
    dBsKBI5.png
    6QFsGJf.png

Build of the Month

My renovation of the Caboose took off! Er, possibly because I uploaded it the day Eco Lifestyle was released in the first place, heh! Full tour here!

XL6rYiV.png
    8RHYJgn.png
    bKb4P9k.png
  • x4m1r4x4m1r4 Posts: 3,901 Member
    Great thread! @EA_Mai, I am so impressed by the bee shot! It's perfect!

@xamira99 I'm in love with your redheaded Sim! Is he available on the gallery?

Thanks! Yes, he is. Here's the link. https://www.ea.com/games/the-sims/the-sims-4/pc/gallery/3BD0BD18B8AB11EA873FA688C90FADC0?category=all&searchtype=ea_origin_id&sortby=newest&time=all&searchquery=xamira99&max=50&maxis=false
    OID:- x4m1r4
  • Melusine377Melusine377 Posts: 1,008 Member
    Screenshot of the Month

XOA24P0.png
    Phoenix and friends caring for bugs at the community lot.
    Sims of the Month

sZ0OHS9.png
    I just couldn't choose between them! This is Phoenix & Sarah my Eco sims.
    Lot of the Month

XfrscDN.png
    I don't normally build but couldn't find what I wanted so had a pop at it! This is my house for the asylum challenge.
    kMRXphO.gif
  • king_of_simcity7king_of_simcity7 Posts: 25,102 Member
    I have had to send my PC in for repairs and am trying to recover past saves and backups.

This has been the highlights of June 2020 before the crash: :smile:

New girl Natasha moves into a household

QrLEHgt.jpg

Simon sees Humara cheating with Nick

SvP12i0.jpg

A lot of Sims turn up for a party

dyz0hdD.jpg

Sims head off to University

S5oXNmC.jpg

I have made some new Sims. One is a reappearance of a 2013 Sim :smile:

KePlC3p.jpg

Simbourne
    screenshot_original.jpg
  • divanthesimmerdivanthesimmer Posts: 1,462 Member
    edited June 2020
    MY SCREENSHOT OF THE MONTH:

Knox, a few seconds after barging into my Sims' house

p3puWiy.png

MY SIM OF THE MONTH:

Caroline Greene, a Sim I submitted for @RethaSim's Fantasy Save Challenge. She can be downloaded from the Gallery with her family (same Origin ID as my username here).

c2di6X8.png

MY LOT OF THE MONTH:

An eco container build belonging to the same family above, also submitted for the Fantasy Save Challenge and can be downloaded from the Gallery.

CUSsUxr.png
    phULnBI.png
    Check out my SimLit blog here: https://ageekylegacy.wordpress.com/
    Follow me on Twitter @divanthesimmer
    Follow me on Tumblr: https://www.tumblr.com/dashboard/blog/divanthesimmer
    Origin ID: divanthesimmer
  • yellowduckyyellowducky Posts: 12 New Member
    WOw I kinda like them all :D
  • lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,225 Member
    edited June 2020
    The Best windsurfing flip of the month
    My simself at the lake in the university world from UL... :)
    7mhsfCcl.jpg

My happiest moment of the month
    My Simself had gotten an A on her report card... :)
    JjV1uoCl.jpg
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,806 Member
    I couldn't really decide but I like this one so best screenshot.
    y51ccjG.png
    For a robot with two human kids with very little understanding of their emotions he's a very moody robot at least his wife can cheer him up.
    Best sim, Maranda Coyle, she's my breed out the ugly leading lady and she's such a pain I love her.
    O9uF8eL.png
    Best build, Pops just cause I haven't done much building, it's meant to be something of a run down diner.
    VCig2fm.png
    ...yep...
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png