Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The garden plants are being a bit.......wonky

Is this a new bug?

My plants are losing their quality. I have several Perfect plants, but when my sim woke up one morning those Perfect plants quality went all the way to Normal.

Comments

• Options
    LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    It's most definitely a bug. I too, have several Perfect Quality plants that jump in evolution, especially when there is a change in your community's Eco state (Industrial, Neutral, Green).
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    There are several bugs with gardening right now. Some plants don't even show correctly. The basil plant is for example only a basil seed now. Even after planting it it stays a seed
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,577 Member
    edited June 2020
    If I remember correctly, it was mentioned in the life stream that the quality of plants would be affected by the economic state of the neighbourhood. So it might not even be a bug.

Are there any other plants than basil affected? I did not notice any other plants not showing correctly.
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • Options
    cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    Tomato, strawberry, apple and pear can only be planted in pots. If planted on the ground they disappear but the sim will keep trying to plant them
  • Options
    KathykinsKathykins Posts: 1,883 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    If I remember correctly, it was mentioned in the life stream that the quality of plants would be affected by the economic state of the neighbourhood. So it might not even be a bug.

Are there any other plants than basil affected? I did not notice any other plants not showing correctly.

So that might be the reason my current sims plants are all perfect, when they were normal/nice. I moved them from Evergreen Harbor to Mua Pel'am, Sulani. Most of the plants reverted back to "planted" state, and wouldn't grow at all a couple of sim-weeks.

Now most of the 45-50'ish plants are back to mature and blooming, and they are ALL perfect. Mua Pel'am currently has a green footprint. I have a greenhouse with sprinklers, all planted directly on the ground. No planters/pots.
  • Options
    Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited June 2020
    I can see how your idea might make sense @83bienchen, but it's not because of the Eco EP. It's happening to my Sims gardens and I don't own the pack. Three times now my Sim's garden has devolved and popped down to just dirt clumps for absolutely no reason at all since the June 3rd patch. :(

Edit: The garden I'm talking about is in Mua Pel'am as well. Unfortunately though, the first time they went to dirt clumps they were in the ground outside, the next two times they were in the large planter boxes in a greenhouse. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason for when it happens either. One time all I did was move the planter boxes with the plants in them around in the greenhouse. The other times, I didn't touch them at all. What's weird too is once not all of them went back to clumps, only about half of them scattered among 4-5 planter boxes in the Greenhouse.
  • Options
    CamkatCamkat Posts: 2,329 Member
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    I can see how your idea might make sense @83bienchen, but it's not because of the Eco EP. It's happening to my Sims gardens and I don't own the pack. Three times now my Sim's garden has devolved and popped down to just dirt clumps for absolutely no reason at all since the June 3rd patch. :(

Edit: The garden I'm talking about is in Mua Pel'am as well. Unfortunately though, the first time they went to dirt clumps they were in the ground outside, the next two times they were in the large planter boxes in a greenhouse. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason for when it happens either. One time all I did was move the planter boxes with the plants in them around in the greenhouse. The other times, I didn't touch them at all. What's weird too is once not all of them went back to clumps, only about half of them scattered among 4-5 planter boxes in the Greenhouse.

Mine went back to clumps after travelling, maybe that was the trigger for you as well?
    Origin ID: Peapod79
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member

I tried to plant a soy bean in a pot inside an apartment, but it wouldn't let me. It said that the seed failed to germinate as it needed a more open space. Can soy beans not be planted inside?
  • Options
    samibabezsamibabez Posts: 2 New Member
    I don't have the eco pack and my plants are definitely broken :(
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I tried to plant a soy bean in a pot inside an apartment, but it wouldn't let me. It said that the seed failed to germinate as it needed a more open space. Can soy beans not be planted inside?

I successfully planted soy bean in a vertical planter which was in the greenhouse. The walls are medium height, not sure if that makes a difference
  • Options
    @Camkat Nope, my Sim didn't travel anywhere when it happened all three times. I only had one trigger occurrence by moving the planter boxes. The other two times they just randomly went back to dirt clumps all on their own without being touched. My Sim was just sitting in her house eating a meal for one and sleeping when the other happened. It's just weird... :/
  • Options
    AliSim19AliSim19 Posts: 443 Member
    Sage is also like the basil, reverting to looking unplanted until it’s ready to harvest when it looks normal. Can still tend it though, just wonky graphics.

Tomato, strawberry, apple and pear all planting normally in the ground for me in the Quarry area
  • Options
    AliSim19 wrote: »
    Sage is also like the basil, reverting to looking unplanted until it’s ready to harvest when it looks normal. Can still tend it though, just wonky graphics.

Tomato, strawberry, apple and pear all planting normally in the ground for me in the Quarry area

I'm currently playing in Willow Creek so quite possibly the gardening bugs differ in the other worlds
  • Options
    MaggieMarleyMaggieMarley Posts: 5,299 Member
    Oh no I only just managed to grow some dragon fruit plants. I hope I don't lose them because of this bug.
  • Options
    samibabezsamibabez Posts: 2 New Member
    so far so good, i haven't left my home in days and plants are fine. I guess if you never leave home it's ok??
  • Options
    ctroictroi Posts: 36 Member
    I hope they get a fix in for this quickly! Gardening is my most favorite activity!
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,674 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »

I find this cool! But I hope indoor plants will not be as much affected as the plant grown outdoors? Pollution should have less effect in a greenhouse than in the fields.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    edited June 2020
    Cowplant Berry can also be added to this list of things bugged. My sim just planted a Cowplant Berry and after she finished the newly planted Cowplant just vanished.

For some reason my sim can see it and keeps trying to plant it over and over again.
  • Options
    danceswithchaosdanceswithchaos Posts: 95 Member
    My issue is even the indoor plants are resetting to the "just planted or just blooming" state when it changes INTO the right season. So say I visit a garden I have on a community lot and while I was gone it went from summer to fall. All of the indoor fall plants that SHOULD be season are now in the "just planted" state upon entry. I think this reverts for ALL indoor plants that are "in season" EACH time I enter a lot. :( It might happen for the outdoor ones too, but the above is what I can verify. I use the cheat to make them mature again because it should not be doing that, but given I have a huge community garden, it's a major repetitive pain.

I do NOT have the Eco pack, so this is patch related and that is when it started. Does anyone know of an HQ thread reported for this. Trying to sort through all the bug threads takes forever.
  • Options
    TSPJTSPJ Posts: 27 Member
    I just signed in to say "Me too." I don't have the new Eco Living pack and every day to two days, all of my plants turn into dirt clumps. My garden is "sheltered" as well inside. Actually it's in the basement of my house.
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I’m having this same issues. I have some plantain trees planted in the ground and it’s been almost a week and they still haven’t sprouted even the slightest. They are also very much in season. 🤔
  • Options
    Cabelle1863Cabelle1863 Posts: 2,251 Member
    It's a bug, likely related to the patch since some who are experiencing it don't have Eco Lifestyle. Hit the "me too" button to let the devs know it's a widespread problem- https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-Plants-shrink-after-harvesting-Turns-into-harvestable/m-p/9168505#M132924
  • Options
    Thank you so much for the link on Answers EA to the bug report @Cabelle1863 I've hit the 'Me Too' button.
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    My Sims won't do the evolve interaction on plants growing in the new vertical planters. Such a huge disappointment for me. I am also having the same issues others are having. Gardening in the Sims is one of my favorite features, so I hope the teams get this sorted out soon. I grabbed a mod to use until there's a permanent fix for it. I am playing a Master Crafter and he needs flowers in order to make those specialty candles.

And thanks for the 'metoo' link @Cabelle1863.