Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Would Eco living be worth the price?

I need an extremely good distraction from life right now.

Comments

• Options
    Wintermist_SWEWintermist_SWE Posts: 342 Member
    The short answer from me would be that no, I don't feel it was worth the price.

The long answer would be to look around the forum at all the issues it currently has.
    You're Breathtaking!
  • Options
    SimmerOfAgesSimmerOfAges Posts: 97 Member
    I don't have EL yet, but I'm waiting until it goes on sale or for bundle. *mostly* Every expansion pack in there is worth the money, in my opinion, but if I can save $20 then I'll do that. It may go on sale in 3 weeks, a month, a year. But I'll wait.
    My gallery ID is BrynnasaurousRex, as is my YouTube channel
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    To be honest it has a lot of glitches still but I don't regret my purchase. There are things I like and dont like but I have been having a lot of fun with it. 😁
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Great idea but questionable implementation. Not worth the full price.
  • Options
    MinaiMinai Posts: 706 Member
    To be honest it has a lot of glitches still but I don't regret my purchase. There are things I like and dont like but I have been having a lot of fun with it. 😁

thanks for the answer. What are the fun parts of it?
  • Options
    LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited June 2020
    Depends if there are things in the pack that appeals to you~ Otherwise I'd not get it or wait on a discount if money is a issue.

I'm always down for different ways for my sims to make money. The fizzing station and candle station are great, plus you can even collect beeswax from a bee box if you have seasons to make use of resources for it. It's integrated very well for some other packs, especially seasons. Plus, it's pretty difficult with my sim starting from zero and living off the grid struggling and I love it.

Then there's the throw back to a lot of the first sims game. The cheap blue table and chair along with that old lookin tv. And you get a lot of random chance phone calls in here which is great cause it was something I really missed from the first and second sims game and makes me want to answer the phone more often than ignore it, since they cut back on the intrusive calls.

Can upgrade a lot of in-game items to be more ecofriendly and conserve power and water which gives my sim more purpose to put that handiness skill to work. As well as scavenging for parts in garbage.

Some of the N.A.P's are pretty interesting to have active and I really enjoy sims being able to vote on a community space as it could be anything and you can edit the lots as well.

Plus I'm also lovin' CAS and build/buy and making some words pretty polluted. San Mynshuno being my favorite as it looks so different as a dirty city. Certain sims or at least I think they had a certain trait will pop up if you have some broken items to offer their assistance to fix them free of charge and then some neighbor sims at times will even bring you some gifts. (been getting seed packets for the most part.)

If any of that interests you I'd say go for it if not might be a pass for you.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • Options
    Kita5399Kita5399 Posts: 2,112 Member
    I think it is, once the bugs are worked out definitely. It adds a lot that can be used for different things, I love that my artist can make candles now for example! @LadyKyn did a great job describing most of it, and I’d completely agree. It’s nice that they have added toggles for the features in case you want a break from all the eco effects too, that pretty much sold it for me.
  • Options
    logionlogion Posts: 4,720 Member
    edited June 2020
    Only if you like to build and make sims in CAS, because build/buy and CAS are great.

If you want gameplay, then I recommend that you download Zero's, Simvasion's and LittleMsSam's mods that fixes the Neighbourhood Action Plans and other things in the game, otherwise you will have sims everywhere do all sorts of crazy and buggy things, they can even destroy your community lots.
  • Options
    DrakosDrakos Posts: 451 Member
    I would wait until the major bugs are fixed.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    It’s a great pack and could be one of the best. I enjoy a lot about it. Like others have said though it’s buggy so it might be best to wait until the worst ones are addressed.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    edited June 2020
    Sims 4 packs are never worth the full price right away. They're always glitchy and it takes a series of patches to fix things. And even then, I'd say that the packs are still usually shallow or underdeveloped, so they're not worth the full price tag. So just wait for a few months for the game to be fixed, and by then it'll be on sale.
    Post edited by Gordy on
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2020
    Minai wrote: »

thanks for the answer. What are the fun parts of it?

So far I've enjoyed more than anything the new world. I've always wanted a world like this. Now when I build my apocalyptic style houses it doesn't look like sububanian gardens flowing in the background 😆😆 the ecofootprint is glitched but I have been using cheats to get pollution. Love that aspect of it. I had a sim trying to chase away roaches, then caught on fire, after the firefighters lit him out he wss coughing up a storm from pollution. Just seemed so fitting lol.

I LOVE the dumpster. Along with the improved off the grid. I've been trying to play with homeless sims for a while now. Now they can properly eat from the dumpster for free, sometimes the get nausea and throw it back up though😆😆😆

I have a sim that just joined politics so he has been out protesting the horrible state of the city and fighting for the homeless.(no sim left behind)

I have yet to start making candles crafting,recycling,nurturing bugs etc etc. But I can't wait.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,406 Member
    I got it as a gift and I'm very happy about it. It has kept me busy for sure and I feel like I've barely even scratched the surface. For me the main interest was NAPs and at first I allowed NPC voting, not really understanding that it would turn all my neighbourhoods a bit chaotic. Now I'm rotationally playing families in each neighbourhood and hand fixing the NAPs they have chosen. It's a lot of work, but also rewarding play.
  • Options
    SAEldarinSAEldarin Posts: 428 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Only if you like to build and make sims in CAS, because build/buy and CAS are great.

If you want gameplay, then I recommend that you download Zero's, Simvasion's and LittleMsSam's mods that fixes the Neighbourhood Action Plans and other things in the game, otherwise you will have sims everywhere do all sorts of crazy and buggy things, they can even destroy your community lots.

Quoted the above for emphasis. Without those modders' fixes, the game would be unplayable for me. As it, I'm not liking the constant coughing my sim experiences -- I understand the moodlet, maybe, but not the constant animation. I actually just quit the game so I could look for a mod to fix that "gameplay" too.

On the positive, the new world is amazing what with the trash everywhere, and new neighborhood deco items lying around. The world does feel a bit empty to me though. And, apart from the whole NAP thing, I didn't find much to do except take some great screenshots.
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    I've started playing today and i liked the few time i could play. My sim is producing bizarre juice for a living. Her father had a big plantation of bizarre fruit in Strangerville and now she finally can use it. Pollution doesn't show in Strangerville but i could vote for a nap anyway. I had only a few more minutes to play so i took my sim and her friend to have some drinks at a bar in BB and two random guys started fighting. I don't really know why cause ive disabled npc nap voting, so i guess there isn't any nap on a neighbourhood where i don't play...?

The pack looks very complete. A LOT of new stuff. A game changer. But i haven't played enough yet to make an opinion...
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Imo its always best to wait until the initial hype dies down, everyones always really excited when a pack first comes out and then a few weeks later peoples opinions change. I don't think it's worth full price so I'd say wait for a sale or buy it from online, you can get it for around 23 bucks from online sites already which is way better than paying 40 bucks on origin.

The best parts of the pack is definitely build-buy/cas for me, the rest is meh. So if you like building get it, otherwise, nah.
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    For me, definitely. I love having new Sim traits and lot traits, among other things.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    For me, I got it for the world; and most of the CAS/Build Buy. Worth $40, I would say probably not. Especially given how one of the big features (that was partially what put me on the fence about it), the Neighborhood Action Plans, tend to goof up gameplay a lot. It's why I disabled them to start with. I just bought it right away as I wanted the new world, but wasn't waiting until November/December when it went on sale. I did wait for Tiny Living, and just got it a couple days ago. Some of its CAS isn't bad either. I mostly bought it for build/buy since some of the existing homes in Willow Creek are really small, and hard to shove stuff in.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,963 Member
    edited June 2020
    idk if its good pack as I don't have but I just chose to buy 3 game packs instead for the same price sooo :sweat_smile: would wait for sale definitely its worth the wait
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    joRN1414joRN1414 Posts: 1,669 Member
    I bought it full price and I'm really enjoying it. The CAS is great. The world is fun. I love all the build/buy. The fact that you don't have to unpollute the world is fun. The craft making is fun. Sure, it has glitches and that is annoying. Show me something released that doesn't. They are being fixed or having work arounds. I'm not using mods or CC and still having a lot of fun with it.
    "Life is a banquet and most poor suckers are starving to death!" -Auntie Mame
  • Options
    simesmerizedsimesmerized Posts: 202 Member
    I'm going to say nope. There's some nice build/buy stuff and cas stuff. But as a whole, I don't see playing with the eco concept something I can incorporate into my playstyle. Also, like others have pointed out there are bugs. I wish I had waited until a sale. Shame on me for being fooled again.
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    I'm enjoying the pack and don't regret paying full price. I mean of course its nice to wait until a sale but again no regrets. Also not experiencing the bugs some others have reported (hopefully didn't jinx myself there). I feel it has given my main family a bit of a lift out of their usual lives and I have been spending more time than usual with them. Only you can decide if it is worth it to you.

I love chai lattes and my mother used to think I was crazy to spend so much on a "non" coffee. LOL I never had the heart to tell her what her favorite Mocha cost. <3 (Miss you Mom)
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    SimmerGeorgeSimmerGeorge Posts: 2,724 Member
    It would maybe be kind of worth the price if the industrial environment had more smog in evergreen harbor and also if having an industrial environment in other worlds was more than just a lighting effect!
    Where's my Sims 5 squad at?
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    Absolutely not worth full price. The main feature - eco footprint even without glitches has some serious flaws - want to pollute ? Change your wallpaper. Ok ..... nope !

Despite that I do love the new crafting objects and skills. Anything that expand gardening - making use of produce to make new stuff is fun. Now give us farming please.