Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your Favorite Custom Skins?

ZeiZei Posts: 254 Member
A thread like this hasn't been around for a while, so why not open one?

I've been using Kurasoberina's Primer Skin as a default replacement in SD since forever.

I actually wonder why I picked the SD one (1K face & bodies). Do we need a special mod for the HD, HD+ or UHD ones?

Anyway, that aside, I also have some of Kurasoberina's older skins as non-defaults to use on some sims. They are available here. I have the Freckled Starfruit which has freckles all over the face and body and Epicanthic Starfruit which I use on Asian sims (it helps their eyes look more epicanthic).

I've been hearing a lot of people Brntwaffles skins, I've never tried them but I just downloaded their Freckled Berry, which a mix of Kurasoberina's freckled starfruit skin and Brntwaffles' signature Blueberry Pie skin. I'm planning to try it today.

Also, here are some of my sims using the Default SD Primer Skin by Kurasoberina.

49725138608_5bbfe68b95_h.jpgScreenshot-78

49725996442_087ae98ab1_h.jpgScreenshot-22

49762385712_f9e0cfd34b_h.jpgScreenshot-51

Please do share your favorite custom skins, and do provide pictures if possible!
Post edited by Zei on

Comments

• Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited June 2020
    I use E-Skin for most of my non-Asian sims.
    Screenshot-82.jpg

I use a combination of Asian Faces by CmarNYC (if I want them to look stereotypical Asian) and Kurasoberina's Asia Starfruit.
    Yasunobu_ftbkgrd.jpg

Through some quirk of the procedure of transferring the skins, Haruo still looks Asian while sporting a non-Asian "body-builder skin". That skin is by Victor_tor.
    Screenshot-48.jpg

I'm Asian...so why not? :)
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    edited June 2020
    I use Kurasoberina HD+ for my default skin.

My favourite go-to skin is Neiuro's Mango Smoothie. It's plain and is a perfect base for layers of makeup.
    49347869117_b79b7ed3b4_o.jpg
    45631009851_aa4fe7ace8_o.jpg

Another skin I really love but rarely use is Mamyrocker's A Matter of Skin.
    45110514374_7c32c65077_o.jpg
    49908735411_f615dba60c_o.jpg
  • Options
    Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    edited June 2020
    +1 For Mango Smoothie. It's now my default replacement skin. I also love Mango Yogurt for redheads and blondes. Sorry, these are old pics and have been posted before but I don't have a lot pics available. I often forget to take them while playing.

hxWQEZe.jpg
    I like this picture because the left is with EAs skin and eyes, and the center is just with Mango Yogurt skin and the Bright Eyes mod. I think a little bit of lipstick too. I was surprised by how big of a difference that made. He went from "guess this will have to do" to "hot biscuit". The right also includes a hair mod.

82DvARs.jpg
    This is the most recent pic I took of him. He's had some minor changes since the last photo. New hairstyle and beard. I added some blush, a little darkness around the eyes and a little more lipstick. He's pretty much become my favorite sim now. Edit: forgot to mention, I used a mod that gave him a more realistically shaped body since the last pic.

oVZ4ZPL.jpg
    This is one of my oldest sims. I was trying to make a nerdy otter type and I think he turned out well. I used Mango Smoothie, Bright Eyes mod and the hair mod thats' name is escaping me now. Only thing I've done since this pic is make the eyes, while still large as intended, a little smaller because EA eyes are a bit too large.

If you're checking out Brntwaffles' freckled berry you might also like freckled nectar. It's similar but has a rosey nose. I've used it on a few blonde townies now.
  • Options
    @Satanu_Reeves those are excellent images, very descriptive with EA comparisons, thank you.

Now I'm conflicted about the Mango Smoothie skin... I love how it looks on Mikezumi's sims as well. I'm very used to the KB Primer skin now, but maybe it's time for a change. Does it look as good on darker skins, and on children/toddlers too?
  • Options
    @Zei I don't tend to take close up pics of toddlers and kids but they look okay in Mango Smoothie.

49954361692_e450e510a9_o.jpg
    49966283913_231e59248e_o.jpg

49881204942_697dd330cf_o.jpg
    49862245276_6af661e9b7_o.jpg
  • Options
    Thank you @Mikezumi, they truly look so cute!

I'm gonna give Mango Smoothie a try. :) Any reason you won't use the defaults for it? Is the default version any different than the ND version?
  • Options
    @Zei I don't use the default because I had already installed HD Primer and like it and would rather my townie sims didn't look the same as my active ones.
  • Options
    fmilfmil Posts: 175 Member
    Add another vote for mango smoothie! I started using it as my default years ago and i dont think i wanna change it anytime soon.
  • Options
    Satanu_ReevesSatanu_Reeves Posts: 402 Member
    @Zei The only difference between the two versions is the default version will replace the EA default skin and the ND will instead be an option to select in CAS. Was that your question? Wasn't sure if I understood. Because that was my question when I first started with skins lol, I didn't know I could select different skins in CAS so I wasn't getting what people meant by the terms. I used Mango Smoothie on Farid Kamel and Youssef Nagi from WA. I thought they looked quite striking with it.
  • Options
    Hey @Satanu_Reeves, thanks for the kind answer. :)
    I wanted to ask if Mikezumi had a specific reason for not using it as a Default skin because it's evident she likes it very much. You know sometimes with genetic cc like eyes, the default replacement and the ND have some slight differences. I wanted to ask if something similar was the case. But instead she just wants her townies to look different than her main sims, which is a legit argument. :)

I'll get myself the Default one, because I rarely create sims and love playing with townies!
  • Options
    jillbgjillbg Posts: 4,600 Member
    I use several different skins in my game. I use Kurasoberina's HD versions for my darkskinned and Asian sims, and her freckled starfruit whenever I can, as I just love it.
    tgw02-50-33.jpg

The main characters in my story "wear" Navetsea's Adult Hairy4, which I think is very natural and realistic looking, even on toddlers!
    derek02.jpg
    tac3afgaderek05.jpg
    tac3afga-baby-3.jpg
    NymlADp.jpg
  • Options
    Nikkei_SimmerNikkei_Simmer Posts: 9,428 Member
    edited June 2020
    Considering the different variations of skins available...I might be going on a skin-hunt. :evil grin:

I'm starting to sound like this guy. :nervous:
    Buffalo_Bill_skin.jpg

@jillbg, I might check out the freckled skin that you use for your sims and the Navetsea one. I'm not sure if I downloaded the HD+, but I have kurasoberina's various Starfruits. And I might also take a good long look at Mango Smoothie. Because frankly every sim...here that I see looks really nice.
    GYZ6Ak9.png
    Always "River McIrish" ...and maybe some Bebe Hart. ~innocent expression~
  • Options
    ParyPary Posts: 6,871 Member
    edited June 2020
    Mango Smoothie is my favourite too. It's really soft and plain, I love it, even though my man sims don't look all that "manly" using it :D

3mJi6vv.jpg

Lincoln is using a lot of beat up makeup, but you can see it's still nice and smooth.

9f80c46eb7c3dfe1742725a565ac0b54204d7f66.jpg

My sweet Ester as herself

Qaw7tYY.jpg

And Ester dressed up showing a really pale, almost white addon skin, Mango Yoghurt ( She has a pinky blush on, but you can tell the forehead is quite pale - and that isn't even the lightest setting )

Edit - Sorry for one more image, but Smoothie also looks really beautiful in dark tones as well, as Illustrated by Jayda -

2oEXLHG.jpg

I tried Primer, but it looked so pixelated in my game that I couldn't bear it, and I took it out. Other people don't seem to have that issue, but I do.
    I'm incredibly picky when it comes to skins, it took me about six years to switch out my defaults I'd had since the first replacements came out, to Mango Smoothie, but I'm glad I eventually did.
    Sims 3 Household Exchange - Share your households!
    PoppySims Archive
    InnaLisa Pose Archive
    Devolution of Sims - a once customisable open world sandbox which has become a DLC Party catalog in a shoebox
    I ♡ Pudding
  • Options
    McToshMcTosh Posts: 638 Member
    I have custom skins, but I got them so long ago I've completely forgot what they are and have way too many packages to tell what is what :D

maybe someone else konws, in cas i can choose a skin and it'lls ay something like "s w e e t" or "s e x y" or "s t a r b u r s t" across the colour thingy.
    ewb7fssg3zet.pngingame: commandermctosh feel free to add ;D