Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Your ideas for a farmer expansion pack ?

Comments

• Options
    Veronique988Veronique988 Posts: 1 New Member
    I would love to see a game pack with more animals in general so its more than just cats and dogs. Within that game pack you could implement farming and running a farm and zoos and running a zoo. So that way you could develop those skills and run those businesses in the same way as vets/retail stores but also visit them with your families and interact with the animals.
  • Options
    foxybillyfoxybilly Posts: 231 Member
    I would love a farming pack the only problem is that I wouldn't want it to be too americanised as many of the other worlds are. If it was more generic to any country rather than a mid west type of place, and had things like jam/marmalade making (Where are those orange trees!) country fairs/county shows with prizes for best cabbage etc, best animal then that would be so amazing. I love the idea of the management of running the farm ordering the feed for the animals and tieing in with the vet career when the animals are sick etc. I would love chickens, sheep, pigs, cows and goats.
  • Options
    alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    A farming pack would be an awesome time to add the ability to teach children how to cook. They are adding the ability to teach kiddos how to knit in the upcoming stuff pack so why not? I would like having cooking contests where you go to a fair and enter your various foods too.
  • Options
    StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Id want them to add some really beautiful prairie dresses. Designs like gunne sax! With some straw hats too.

6f46067a4a2ae69df9f06a998e818a35.jpg

dress-brown-gunne-sax-paisley-print-victorian-70s-luxie-vintage-1_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1562868740
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I would love a farming pack, but I do think most people will be disappointed and it might backfire for the sims team.

We had an EP with TWO animals. No way that we get one with like 8 animals.
    Too much to animate for them and especially because the heights vary, they won't be able to copy old animations.

I assume, we would get chickens, which will be an object. The chicken coop will work like the bug farm or bees. You can feed, harvest and bond.

We might get cows....not sure as they can't be in just a house, so no objects. They would move around.

With LOTS of luck we would get pigs. They have the size of dogs.

Fields work like rooms. You can dedicate an area and plant the plants, which can be harvested by hand or maybe tractor?

Farmer's market as a new lot type. You can sell produce in the produce stall!

New plants: wheat etc.

• Options
    SimburianSimburian Posts: 6,914 Member
    edited June 2020
    Now we've got Eco Lifestyle we should include dung beetle raising as those are the real heroes of the farming world. They break up the animal waste and regenerate the soil helping crops grow. So much so that the Egyptians worshipped them with the scarab symbol.

"Beetles of the family Scarabaeidae (dung beetle) roll dung into a ball as food and as a brood chamber in which to lay eggs; this way, the larvae hatch and are immediately surrounded by food. For these reasons the scarab was seen as a symbol of this heavenly cycle and of the idea of rebirth or regeneration"

Organic farmers like them for helping plant growth without using chemicals but muck spreading is something newcomers to the country in the UK don't appreciate and try to stop it! :D<3
  • Options
    Marduc_PlaysMarduc_Plays Posts: 416 Member
    Evil and mischievous sims can burn down your crop/haybales, Aliens can make crop cycles, Patchy gets a GF, woohoo in the haystack, sim-fairys appear on chance at night and can bless or curse your harvest, and wooing them makes it possible to add them to your household.
    Parcour - the art of jumping to conclusions.
  • Options
    We would actually most likely get sheep due to the cross pack functionality with nifty Knitting
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    We would actually most likely get sheep due to the cross pack functionality with nifty Knitting

Sheep would make a lot of sense, because we could collect wool, for knitting, or milk for drinking, cheese, butter, etc.
  • Options
    Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,192 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »

Sheep would make a lot of sense, because we could collect wool, for knitting, or milk for drinking, cheese, butter, etc.

I imagined a shepherd that has a lot of sheep.
  • Options
    crocobaura wrote: »

I imagined a shepherd that has a lot of sheep.

The more sheep the better, there will be more cheese for our sims. A sim with the grilled cheese aspiration will never run out of cheese again. :smile:
  • Options
    agent_bevagent_bev Posts: 1,313 Member
    Bring back nectar making but making as in depth as Sims 3, fizzy juice is a total dud with 0 depth. I miss owning vineyards
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    This theme is certainly too much eco friendly, Maxis won't do this pack because people are tired of the eco stuff.
  • Options
    This theme is certainly too much eco friendly, Maxis won't do this pack because people are tired of the eco stuff.

This is farming, this is not the same .Raising animals, fairs, Contests, and maybe horses . Are not the same as eco-living .
  • Options
    DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member

Doesn't have to be sheep (or not just sheep) it could be alpacas, or rabbits, or even actual llamas...
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited June 2020

This is farming, this is not the same .Raising animals, fairs, Contests, and maybe horses . Are not the same as eco-living .

In France, Farming and Ecology come together.

Have a chicken in the garden in order to get eggs, use the cow dung as fertilizer, buy the milk from the local farm instead of industrial production.

The Farm products are the opposite of the industrial products sold in the grocery store. It's eco friendly and healthy.
  • Options

In France, Farming and Ecology come together.

Have a chicken in the garden in order to get eggs, use the cow dung as fertilizer, buy the milk from the local farm instead of industrial production.

The Farm products are the opposite of the industrial products sold in the grocery store. It's eco friendly and healthy.

This is a problem with your statement. Ecology , and farming can go together.But farming in still a separate thing entirely.There many different types of farming industrial, self sufficient, and business farming.
  • Options
    @Horrorgirl6

Maybe I'm too focused on "Back to nature" idea (Off-the-grid farm)

That could be gameplay as well.

Also everyone today is my b day
  • Options
    Also everyone today is my b day

Happy Birthday! :smiley:
  • Options
    Happy birthday!
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Chocolate-milk!

Could we have cows with chocolate-milk :) those would be my favorite cows.
  • Options
    punkbeespunkbees Posts: 27 Member
    Id want them to add some really beautiful prairie dresses. Designs like gunne sax! With some straw hats too.

6f46067a4a2ae69df9f06a998e818a35.jpg

dress-brown-gunne-sax-paisley-print-victorian-70s-luxie-vintage-1_1024x1024@2x.jpg?v=1562868740

I would LOVE to have gunne sax dresses for CAS! I've been trying to emulate that style for some of my sims using CC, but to actually have it in the game would be so cool. Also 100% agreed about hats -- maybe a bonnet too?
    gallery id: punkbees || black lives matter
  • Options
    SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Children could water plants.

They don’t have to get a gardening skill or anything, I just want be able to have all my sims doing stuff out in the garden. My kiddo likes to water plants outside, because no one cares if the water ends up half on the plant and half beside it. :D