Skeilah wrote: »
- For purposes completely unrelated to the story *cough* I need magic. All the magic. Do you have any good CC for visual effects? Alternatively, is it worth buying the Realm of Magic game pack?
I have the Realm of Magic game pack and I'm using it for my SimLit 'Wizardry Academy' but I'm not really far enough in the story to let you know how the magic is shown . Now I'm wondering... How on earth did you do Morgana's magic?
mercuryfoam wrote: »
Both, though I lean towards cats. My family used to have 5 dogs and 1 cat. All of them are strays we rescued from the streets. I used to be closer with my kitty until I developed cat allergies. After that it was hard for me to give her cuddles and kisses and she couldn’t understand why I can’t have her nap on my lap anymore.
mercuryfoam wrote: »
Depends on how you want your magic to look like. I wanted the magic in my story to be relatable to readers, hence I have ROM (it’s 50% off now) And I use ‘Studio Effects player’ mod to extract in-game special effects and pose them wherever I want. That’s how I used to construct all my magical scenes in my story. I only added small special effects like cracks in the shieds, but the shields themselves, the crimson beams, god rays, and devilish lightning balls are all in-game effects.
Edited to add that Natalie Auditore has an amazing amount of magic/fantasy CC. There's god rays, ring of fire, weather effects, shattered glass, just so much fantasy cc. Haven't used any but downloaded heaps and they are amazing! It's not very maxis match but give it a go.
Duvelina wrote: »
I also have a discussion question for the group. How would you write a nuanced morally grey villain, a villain with a soft side? You don't want people to dislike them outright. You want to create some likability so it's hard to hold on to a grudge even though you really want to. He/she does some evil stuff one moment, but shows a vulnerability you can't ignore the next. How do you write someone like this in a subtle way so it doesn't seem wildly out of character?
People do evil as a shortcut to a good end.
Aww... yay for adopting strays! All my kitties have been strays and I think it's wonderful to give abandoned cats some love. (Abandoned dogs would get my love too... I'm not heartless). I actually have cat allergies too and I have four cats. Go figure! It's not too bad and I can use a nasal spray to help. I vacuum and clean a lot and the husband does their litter to help with that part.
Fun... this reminds me of an icebreaker.
Pretty much any scene with Agravain. He is aggravating.
Merlin sent the kidnapper to save her!
Why was the statue at the bottom of a pond by accident? Haha. That's pretty sad. Poor statue. I love the watery revenge idea. It could be a whole story all in itself. Or at least a short. How the game rebels against the gamers! But I'm with you!
Oh I love this idea! How fun! Okay, I've got some questions...
1. What made you decide to write about the Arthur legend in TS4? What inspired you? What about this story is different from the original legend? I can tell you what I see, but I'm curious about the author's perspective.
2. How do you develop your characters and your world? Do you keep notes? Do you outline? Do you do character sketches? How do you plan your worldbuilding or does it just happen in story?
3. How much of the game influences your writing? Are there things that happen in game that you decide to include in story? Or is the game just a tool to tell the story for you? Do you use custom traits for your Sims? I think I noticed it and wondered in the character bios.
4. What about Igraine? Will we learn what happened to her?
5. In the original Arthur legend, Igraine is the mother of Arthur by Uther, but the mother of Morgana by Gorlois. Does this mean that Morgana isn't Uther's biological daughter in your story? Or that Gorlois hired the kidnapper to bring Morgana, his daughter, back? Does this explain what happened in the month of May ten years ago when Morgana was a child? I realize you might not want to answer these questions yet or you'll eventually reveal more in story and that's fine. I can wait, I think... haha!
6. Will we learn why Uther despises sorcery and magic? Was his wife killed by magic? Or was he betrayed by her magic? If my theory holds that she is a sorceress too...
Who is your favourite character to write about and why?
Whose story arc are you the most excited for (without spoiling)?
How far ahead are you with taking pictures and writing?
Will we see the characters in adulthood soon or are you planning on continuing with them as children for a while?
Are there any comments from the readers here you're surprised about or simply didn't expect?
Do you plan on writing more stories after this one is finished? Do you think they'll be medieval as well?
What does it matter who the duke’s third wife was over a decade ago?