Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sharing is caring is annoying.

123457...Next

Comments

• Options
    JustinJustin Posts: 731 Member
    edited August 2020
    Testing cheats on & disabling on every neighborhood AND district that has a house/neighborhood has stopped them from stealing. Just make sure to repeal on the mailbox (you only need to be in one active household in the district to do this) & make sure you turn off voting on your settings. This should solve your sharing problem. It’s made my game more playable (even tho there are annoying bugs still )

Also, even tho you turn off voting it might still show up as a notification “voting day” & will tell you that something went through. But in reality it doesn’t .
  • Options
    drakharisdrakharis Posts: 1,478 Member
    edited August 2020
    Tony89 wrote: »
    Sharing is caring isn’t even the chosen NAP in my sims world, but items are disappearing from community lots, it’s so annoying, sent my uni sim to party to celebrate the end of the semester and while using the bathroom, the dj booth, tables and chairs disappeared. Why? Hmm? What was the reason? This seems more like an annoying glitch than a fun feature. I have to redecorate the lot now.

I hate "Sharing is Caring" too. It's a deceptive N.A.P. One would think by the name it is a time for giving gifts to one another, listening to other sims problems and helping them solve them together or even mentoring other sims. Instead, it makes every sim a klepto in all worlds. When I do have kleptos in the game it's limited to one in the entire game I am playing to add a little drama into the game. Anything more than that is just overkill. I don't like to wait an entire week to wait to overturn this N.A.P and then redecorate everything. I had a sim living in the Landgraab penthouse in San Myshuno and once Sharing is Caring hit she ended up having nothing in her apartment left by weeks end. Yes, I locked the doors to household members only her and her girlfriend. Thankfully I had a lot of Plentiful Needs potions in her inventory to take care of her needs. If the doors and windows could have gone missing they would have.

stealing should not be called Sharing is Caring. Call it what it is.
    Playtesting - not just tabletop games and card games any more. Really that should have been playtested in Beta and not [img]just with accounting and marketing but actual players. https://i.imgur.com/t48COW6.jpg[/img]
  • Options
    notasmokealarm09notasmokealarm09 Posts: 240 Member
    Just had another incident with it which may cause me to go smite some Sims.

My main family had guests over for a holiday... and while this N.A.P. wasn't active in this neighborhood, it was in the somewhere. One of the guests stole the shower/tub in the 1st floor bathroom, the bathroom light, the bathroom door (wat), and the 10,000 dollar fridge.
  • Options
    elemmeleelemmele Posts: 689 Member
    Toss my hat into the "I really dislike this N.A.P." ring! So aggravating to have to stop everything to switch to a family in the neighborhood I'm playing in just to cheat repeal it. Just yesterday my Sims were at a restaurant and had their whole entire table (food and all) stolen before they could finish eating. When I went in to Build/Buy mode to buy a new one, I noticed that all of the tables and chairs were gone.

I like the idea of this N.A.P., and it can be funny from time to time, or a good way of storytelling. For example, I'd love for one of my San Myshuno neighborhoods to be, y'know, the stereotypical "don't go to that part of town, they'll steal the chair out from under ya!" kinda place. Actual gameplay-wise, though...it's definitely annoying. If anything, I would just reduce the frequency of it by quite a bit, and maybe limit it to certain types of objects (like decorations). Getting your entire apartment swiped in minutes is no fun.
    de4l47l-8be82ab0-e824-47d8-b89d-e4b317e1e4e7.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMGE4NDlmM2ItMjBlZC00MzNkLWJkZjQtMzY5YzY0MGVhYzFmXC9kZTRsNDdsLThiZTgyYWIwLWU4MjQtNDdkOC1iODlkLWU0YjMxN2UxZTRlNy5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.mOg5OTH8yLLAb8Swus1BlunSLcRGY3-w29wazeBAu18
  • Options
    WintermuteWintermute Posts: 36 Member
    I'm playing a household in Sulani and it just hit me that it's very difficult to prevent visitors from stealing from your Sims' beach property unless you take out all of the ladders leading to the water or leave the decks completely bereft of items. Visitors can swim up to a ladder, climb up and steal whatever happens to be on the deck. Moreover, they can easily steal any jet-skis, canoes, etc. sitting on the water.

The household I'm currently playing is in one of the premier beach lots in Sulani, and the way it's set up Sims can just swim around the fence up to one of the many ladders and steal one of the many items sitting on the decks. Taking out the ladders or removing all of the items from the decks would ruin the aesthetics of the lot. I ended up cheating to remove Sharing is Caring from this neighborhood because all of the items on the decks would have disappeared before long with the constant stream of "friends" and acquaintances making excuses to intrude into my Sims' lives. (That's a discussion for another time...)
  • Options
    texxx78texxx78 Posts: 5,657 Member
    There's something i didn't get yet: Has the patch solved the problem of every npc that visited a neighbourhood where a nap was active got stuck with nap behaviour forever?

I've disabled naps before the latest patch and started a new save. I want to give it a try again, but ill keep it disabled anyway, meaning that only what i want where i want will be voted. Anyway im afraid that npcs will get stuck with the nap behaviour...

Anyone with a new save has tried the naps after the patch?
  • Options
    DezCorderoDezCordero Posts: 153 Member
    Sharing is Caring was maybe funny the first few times, but at this point I would shoot on sight any sim who came in unannounced if I could. They steal counters my sim is cooking on, fheir laptop while gaming, chess sets. Even freaking Santa stole a few things before leaving presents.

I hate hate hate this policy. It's probably the 1000% worst thing that's been added to the game, ever. My sim is a lvl 10 drink master and I should have a decent cushion of simoleons by his age, but instead, he's losing money every week just to keep furniture in his house. It's so stupid.
  • Options
    RealGrabiellaRealGrabiella Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Smellincoffee said:
    > You can also use testingcheats on, then shift-click on the mail box to repeal it.

OMG THNQ
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited November 2020
    It's the most annoying thing ever, my sim was at a restaurant enjoying food with friends and Nancy landgrabb just now stole their table literally (how rude) landgrabb is definitely right btw 😂, think I may have too kill her again, it is a bit funny but its irritating aswell, maybe just keep sharing is caring too residential only and leave our community lots alone, fed up replacing everything because the community lot pops up incompleted
  • Options
    Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,780 Member
    Nikkih wrote: »
    It's the most annoying thing ever, my sim was at a restaurant enjoying food with friends and Nancy landgrabb just now stole their table literally (how rude) landgrabb is definitely right btw 😂, think I may have too kill her again, it is a bit funny but its irritating aswell, maybe just keep sharing is caring too residential only and leave our community lots alone, fed up replacing everything because the community lot pops up incompleted

@Nikkih ... that is so funny though. That is why I keep them turned off.
    lol.jpg
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue