July 3 - No Friday without a Friday Highlight! Find this week's highlighted discussions here.
June 27 - Let's pick our Best of Simming for June 2020!

Sharing is caring is annoying.

1235...Next

Comments

  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 2,148 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    I can’t find voting board in Willow Creek. I’m playing in this neighborhood and want to appeal , but can’t find the voting board.

    There are no voting boards in other worlds besides EH. Either you have to add one or you just can vote by clicking in the mail.

    How can I add it and I couldn’t find it in build mode?. Thank you for helping

    You have to go to build mode while in a comercial lot. There you'll find the community board. But i don't know exactly in which menu. I haven't added any yet.
    The easiest way to vote in naps is clicking in the mailpost at your sim's home.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited June 26
    Sharing is Caring should be about gifting and caring for friends and family. Stealing is not sharing, it's stealing and it's definitely not caring. I won't turn voting back on until these issues are sorted out. The thing that worries me is they might not get sorted out if this design is intentional. At the moment I have a mod to stop the stealing but I'd rather not need a mod for it long term.
  • FeisbukaiteFeisbukaite Posts: 692 Member
    telmarina wrote: »
    telmarina wrote: »
    I can’t find voting board in Willow Creek. I’m playing in this neighborhood and want to appeal , but can’t find the voting board.

    There are no voting boards in other worlds besides EH. Either you have to add one or you just can vote by clicking in the mail.

    How can I add it and I couldn’t find it in build mode?. Thank you for helping

    You have to go to build mode while in a comercial lot. There you'll find the community board. But i don't know exactly in which menu. I haven't added any yet.
    The easiest way to vote in naps is clicking in the mailpost at your sim's home.
    Thank you. It’s impossible to get appeal votes via mailbox.
  • IceyJIceyJ Posts: 4,165 Member
    logion wrote: »
    This is insane!

    My bar in San Myshuno is unfinished and has a "!" now because the sims took the tables and the chairs when I visited with my sim who lives in Evergreen Harbor, I have not even played any household in San Myshuno. I just visited a festival with my sim.


    Wow, I was just about to post that MY San Myshuno bar became unfinished! I had to add two bar chairs back.

    I'm annoyed with the bug where played Sims constantly play instruments, because I noticed they're not even earning skill in that instrument. It's like they're just pretending to play.

    Yes, and in my game the violins and guitars get stuck in the non-editable parts of the world. I don't know how I'm going to get rid of all these instruments.
  • JueJueJueJue Posts: 50 Member
    I'm really getting tired of this NAP. It seems to be active in every single neighborhood and is making me not take my sims to community lots. NPCs steal things like barstools at a bar so it's not a complete lot anymore. Every time I go to the lot I have to go in and buy a barstool so the bartender will come. It's getting really annoying
  • Harry2020Harry2020 Posts: 1 New Member
    Every time I open my store everything gets stolen, including the cash register. I love the ECO but Sharing is Caring is ruining the game for me.
  • telmarinatelmarina Posts: 2,148 Member
    I've just disabled naps... again! I tried and tried cause the voting, if well implemented, i think would be so cool and add a flavour to the neighbourhoods... but this is just too much! Even my ghosts are baking white cakesnon stop :lol:
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 1,921 Member
    edited July 2
    I wonder if it's at all possible to mod out the annoying N.A.P's? I'm not a modder myself so I don't exactly know what's possible. Personally I would like to see all the silly annoying N.A.P's removed from my game entirely so I can turn on voting again and actually enjoy this feature.

    For me it's not just Sharing is Caring that is causing problems... I also hate the "We wear bags, Free love and Roughhousing" ones too. They're so disruptive to my daily playing and I want them gone.
  • Cavapoo_KingCavapoo_King Posts: 351 Member
    Mabey there was just kleptomaniacs on the lot
    Hope you are having a lovely day
    From @Cavapoo_king
  • logionlogion Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited July 2
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I wonder if it's at all possible to mod out the annoying N.A.P's? I'm not a modder myself so I don't exactly know what's possible. Personally I would like to see all the silly annoying N.A.P's removed from my game entirely so I can turn on voting again and actually enjoy this feature.

    For me it's not just Sharing is Caring that is causing problems... I also hate the "We wear bags, Free love and Roughhousing" ones too. They're so disruptive to my daily playing and I want them gone.

    I'm no modder myself either, but it should probably be possible to do something similar to Zero's no swiping mod for the rest of the CivicPolicies. As far as I understand Zero removes all the code and tells them to do nothing.

  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 1,921 Member
    logion wrote: »
    Sharonia wrote: »
    I wonder if it's at all possible to mod out the annoying N.A.P's? I'm not a modder myself so I don't exactly know what's possible. Personally I would like to see all the silly annoying N.A.P's removed from my game entirely so I can turn on voting again and actually enjoy this feature.

    For me it's not just Sharing is Caring that is causing problems... I also hate the "We wear bags, Free love and Roughhousing" ones too. They're so disruptive to my daily playing and I want them gone.

    I'm no modder myself either, but it should probably be possible to do something similar to Zero's no swiping mod for the rest of the CivicPolicies. As far as I understand Zero removes all the code and tells them to do nothing.

    Yeah I've been using Zero's mod and a few others from Magneticsouth to stop the autonomous behaviors but what I was more wondering is if they can be removed from the options completely so they won't even come up as options to be voted for.
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 8,081 Member
    Tony89 wrote: »
    Sharing is caring isn’t my current NAP I disabled nice voting and these random sims are still taking objects from community lots

    This isn’t fun or cute, it’s taking away from my gameplay and I hate it

    I think you will need to visit each hood in your game - all worlds - to find if they have the unwanted NAP and remove it by shift-clicking the mailbox. If it's active in a world you never play, it will affect *ALL* hoods. It's a bug. I refuse to think that EA game developers thought"Hey, let's add a feature that destroys all community lots AND residential lots. It will be so much fun for simmers who spent 5 years developing their game to find that lots of stuff go missing and they will need to rebuild each lot every time they visit!".

    Be warned though - I heard that actual NAP might change randomly even in hoods you don't play. If so it is goodbye to playing your game because you will spend all that time on fixing the NAPs. I think EA thought "Hey, why don't we give all simmers a surprise feature? When they adjust the active set of a local NAPs in a hood, how about the next time they check everything has been changed? We could even squeeze in the "Sharing is Caring" NAP in minimum 20% of their hoods, just to show them that whatever they do in their game, their sims will change it frequently beyond the simmer's control!"

    Actually, I think EA said: "Hey, let's ruin all the games where the simmer play more than one house on rotation!".
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims
    a.jpg
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 8,081 Member
    Wow. The more I hear about this pack the less I want to get it. Once again it is a case of something being coded to happen way too often. Since when does "Sharing is caring" equal robbing a place blind? That doesn't make any sense. The worst part is that when/if they do fix it in the next patch, it will probably be nerfed so bad that it rarely ever happens. Even for those who do actively vote for it or want it to happen.

    I think the better fix would be to allow us to opt out each NAP that we don't want. If they are not available they won't be voted by NPCs either. Later we might want to opt out different NAPs.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims
    a.jpg
  • troshalomtroshalom Posts: 426 Member
    I started reading this thread on page 4 and it was the laugh I needed 🤗😂🤣🤗. This is some funny ish.
    TeeHee I wanna see if flowers cover the word after funny.

    Anywho, if it is a glitch I hope they fix it before I purchase it in the fall, otherwise it will be a no go for me.

    I'm telling ya, there is a programmer at EA/Maxis who is a violent stealing pyromaniac. Because there is this theme of fire and violence in this game/franchise. I personally wish the stealing and violence weren't part of it. I delete that brawl holiday in all of my saves. And I hated that aspect of TS2 when my sims went to community lots and random sims would beat them. I was traumatized the first time I played and my female sim was beaten by a male sim. I don't think the EA/Maxis programmers realize how triggering that is to people who have suffered or witnessed domestic violence growing up or are in that current situation and use the game as a way of escape.

    Anywho -- have fun and #StayHomeStaySafe
    Launched T-Logic Productions YouTube channel September 2019 with Sims #PlayWithPurpose whatchamathingees
    T-Logic Productions YouTube Channel
  • Nekia33painterNekia33painter Posts: 106 Member
    In hearing all the complaints it feels like they either didn't play test this enough or it is a major over sight.
  • PlanetSixamPlanetSixam Posts: 241 Member
    So far, I've been pretty lucky and I haven't had this NAP voted for, at least not yet anyway.

    I remember watching James Turner do his rags to riches gameplay and he voted for it, only to end up with other Sims taking his stuff lol. I don't think I'll ever vote for that plan, and if it does get voted in, then I'll just repeal it by using cheats.

    I think it could be improved though. I wouldn't have a problem if NPC's would phone up, or knock on your door to ask you if they could borrow something. Maybe a bit like this:

    OY7ZoaG.png

    At least this way, we would have the option to either accept or decline, as well as receive the item back once the NPC is done with it. This would have been more reasonable.
  • RouenpucelleRouenpucelle Posts: 1,695 Member
    edited 2:42AM
    I don’t like the fact that you can never turn off the NAPs. I keep trying to stop townie voting, and cheat repeal all NAPs, but then new NAPs “get voted in,” even though no one has voted. I have even tried mods, but nothing helps. I really hope this gets fixed soon.

    On the positive side, the mod to stop fighting really seems to have worked for me! I’m very grateful for that!

    EDIT: There is an updated version of the Civic Policy Tweaks mod! It has resolved all my NAP issues!
    https://simvasion.wordpress.com/portfolio/nap-autonomy-fixes/
    Post edited by Rouenpucelle at
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • LithilienLithilien Posts: 91 Member
    Sharing is caring :s ???????
    My pennyless starter Sim just got robbed of his hard-earned tv, kitchen sink and bookstand by his mistress who lives in another world, and is rich with a massif house full of stuff. Just now, I played the misstress and wanted to give everything back as a present and you know what SHE CAN'T because while visiting him she has no access to her household inventory, Guess I'll have to let her give him Simdollars instead as restitution.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Return to top