Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sharing is caring is annoying.

Comments

• Options
    ElysianBlightElysianBlight Posts: 82 Member
    Aand I cheated to repeal it, but now her coffee table, counter, and sink are missing.

How did someone walk off with my kitchen counter.
  • Options
    SadiesueSadiesue Posts: 128 Member
    I’m so glad I didn’t buy this pack.
  • Options
    Cabey333Cabey333 Posts: 6 New Member
    What sucks most is with retail stores. I wish it was disabled for at least that, since the stuff I place for sale literally gets stolen. I really don't like this NAP...
  • Options
    bevillebeville Posts: 1,151 Member
    edited July 2020
    Sims walking in other sims homes and stealing isn't cool!
    Also seeing my sims being romantically kiss by the same gender isn't cool either !!
    I can see maybe kissing on the cheeks.
    Ok I found the cheat to get rid of this! Much better now 😊
    Post edited by beville on
  • Options
    SerenityVIIISerenityVIII Posts: 32 Member
    Keep in mind that some of these issues may be as a result of the Recycle Trait, especially if you have disabled NAPs and the problem is still occurring. Look for piles of ash on the ground that can be picked up and thrown out. That is an indication that a Sim with the Recycle trait has insta-recycled the item and left you with the garbage pile to pick up. The Recycle trait is easier to micromanage on a current played Sim. It comes with a warning but doesn't explain the impact quite fully. For a played Sim with this trait - force them to Recycle each and every day. I do twice per day for good measure and this keeps this under control. My Sim married Knox and both of them have the Recycle Trait so I very busy .. making them visit the Recycle machine and even having them recycle something small like a strawberry from inventory .. will keep them under control for a few Sim hours. If they get tense because they haven't Recycled .. they will Recycle anything they find in your own house. I believe this is occurring with NPCs with this trait, in addition to the Sharing is Caring problem. The two issues just compound one another.

My suggestion for EA - Remove the Recycle Trait from the pool of available random traits for NPCs and just leave it on the 3 main NPCs in Eco Living. Then if you can program those 3 NPCs to not Recycle from Community Lots or Sims homes. The rest of the players as long as they are aware how to micromanage their own Sim with this trait .. it will be easier to manage.

Suggested player workaround -
    For those who have already repealed the Sharing is Caring or disabled NAPs altogether and this is still happening, try going into your Manage households in your game and take a look at the NPCs traits. If any have the Recycle Trait .. you could try editing that out with the CAS cheat and replacing the trait with a different one. In the meantime .. do not allow any of them with this trait inside your Sim houses. I put fences and gates all around every house I create for this purpose until a more permanent fix is created.

I played with Knox and my Sim married him and I should have known better, but in a different game I invited him in and he instantly recycled the dining room table and the computer and chairs and left the piles of ash for my current played household to pick up. We politely asked him to leave lol then locked all the doors.

Hope this may help some people as a temporary solution :)
  • Options
    LoftyyLoftyy Posts: 101 Member
    edited August 2020
    This "feature" is ruining my game. I'm on console so I can't mod. I spend hours, sometimes days on one build and the Sims are tearing up all my builds. I have museums full of collectibles and shops full of crafted items and they're stealing these items that take time to make and find so they aren't replaced quickly. I can't play my potion shop because they steal the tables with all the potions on them. I try to vote against it but I have to have a home placed in each neighborhood and that's an inconvenience for Magnolia Promenade. I've disabled NPC voting but I'll still have to put a home down in each neighborhood and play that household until voting is open which takes forever. I can't imagine why anyone thought this was a good idea and I HOPE that there is an in-game way to disable it eventually. I'm tempted to uninstall the pack it's just unfortunate I've already used so many of the Eco Living items in my new builds :neutral:
    Post edited by Loftyy on
  • Options
    Pipersfun2Pipersfun2 Posts: 710 Member
    You can also use testingcheats on, then shift-click on the mail box to repeal it.

thank you!
    while we are playing them,WHO IS PLAYING US?
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2020
    I just found the effects of sharing is caring in my game today. This has to be the worst of the NAPs.

My sim owns a restaurant and I just randomly found all the stuff started disappearing! Within one shift, 6 dividers, the entire expensive piano and an entire dining set got stolen. The guests were literally taking everything and I can't afford to replace it all. It's a nightmare, and you can't disable it unless it's in your neighborhood so I couldn't do that either :s Had to turn it off entirely from settings as I can't stand it
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    The NAP problems were supposedly “fixed,” but all they really did was break the mod I was using to fix the problems. Now it’s future cube all the time again, even in Selvadorada!
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    EmmySim79EmmySim79 Posts: 30 Member
    This is a big problem for me in my current household. One of my sims runs a veterinary hospital and another a gardening shop. Right now I can't play these businesses because my lots are being stripped. I think it was mentioned before but it seems to be a problem with the recycle trait. I took a long break from ts4 because if this and other issues and came back for KK, I was hoping for this issue to be fixed now. It has been a while since EL has been released. If not a permanent fix for now maybe just a hot fix. Please EA...
  • Options
    ANNETTE1951ANNETTE1951 Posts: 520 Member
    As I have posted elsewhere, I cannot play my restaurants anymore because of the swiping of essential objects and dining tables and chairs.
    Also if I send sims to a restaurant for a date, it's a total disaster as the table and chairs disappear right from under my date couple, customers are brawling all over the place and doing pushups none stop. Nobody ever sits down and sometimes everybody is wearing a bag over their heads. They order food but it never comes. I had to lock up the bathrooms to avoid the theft of sinks which leads to the restaurant closing down and losing the employees I paid loads to train only to have to rehire staff and retrain all over again. Since the bathrooms are locked my date Sims pee in their clothes and the date is ruined. Not only are the other sims disgusted but I am disgusted as well.
  • Options
    SPARKY1922SPARKY1922 Posts: 5,965 Member
    Hi @Rouensims

Are you saying that even the NAP mods are broken as well now? I haven't turned on my game for weeks since I got the Eco pack because the pack basically made my game unplayable but I did download some suggested mods that would supposedly clear things up but have not dared to go back and try yet so could you let me know which ones the patch broker and have not been updated please.
  • Options
    You can also use testingcheats on, then shift-click on the mail box to repeal it.

I never got chance to play this pack properly at all and my game experience was so bad I have not played for weeks but when I noticed what you wrote about the mail box would I have to use this cheat on every mail box in every world to stop all the silliness that comes with Eco living? and if so is repealing once by the mail box enough or would I have to repeal via the mail box once a week across all worlds repeatedly?
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    SPARKY1922 wrote: »
    Hi @Rouensims

Are you saying that even the NAP mods are broken as well now? I haven't turned on my game for weeks since I got the Eco pack because the pack basically made my game unplayable but I did download some suggested mods that would supposedly clear things up but have not dared to go back and try yet so could you let me know which ones the patch broker and have not been updated please.

I was using Simvasion’s Civic Policy Tweaks. NAPs were perfectly under control in my game. Then EA “fixed” the NAPs, and the mod stopped working. I thought maybe it was just conflicting with the fix, so I removed the mod. It turned out that EA’s “fix” didn’t fix things at all in my game. But because there is now a “fix,” Simvasion no longer supports the Civic Policy Tweaks mod. They still have a mod called Eco Lifestyle Interaction Fixes, but this other mod doesn’t fix the problems in my game for whatever reason.

Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    Daelene8Daelene8 Posts: 186 Member
    My dining table, chairs and tv have been "shared". How do I share other sims stuff?
  • Options
    Hi @Rouensims

I found that simvasion had discontinued that civic policy tweaks mod as well as it was supposedly fixed then I noticed players like yourself were reporting the same issue so I have decided to hold off playing yet again :)
  • Options
    kemowerykemowery Posts: 371 Member
    > @Smellincoffee said:
    > You can also use testingcheats on, then shift-click on the mail box to repeal it.

Vitally important to know. In my game today I had to repurchase a bookshelf (well, the little stack of books on top of a dresser) like five times because Penny Pizzazz kept coming over and stealing that and my kitchen sink and counter.
  • Options
    WintermuteWintermute Posts: 36 Member
    I ended up having to get a mod that keeps Sims from swiping objects in community lots because it's kind of ridiculous that Sims can just take works of art from an art gallery, which is already a public space that's shared by everyone. I'm scared of what the implications are in a challenge save, though, since mods that remove Sharing is Caring would probably be considered cheating. What are we to do, then?
  • Options
    BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    Wintermute wrote: »
    I ended up having to get a mod that keeps Sims from swiping objects in community lots because it's kind of ridiculous that Sims can just take works of art from an art gallery, which is already a public space that's shared by everyone. I'm scared of what the implications are in a challenge save, though, since mods that remove Sharing is Caring would probably be considered cheating. What are we to do, then?

I think you just use the mod and don't worry about it... If the NAPS are being invasive to a point where it makes the game unplayable, I say you do whatever you need to to manage the situation.
  • Options
    So I just opened a restaurant in Windenburg that is running flawlessly, no brawling, no pushups, no bags on the heads, no swiping of dining tables and chairs and sinks. People are seated quickly and food is delivered in a timely manner after being ordered. It Is a joy to run this restaurant. I am beginning to think that the effects of Eco Living is connected to particular worlds. Am I on the right track here, does anyone else have anything to contribute to this theory?
  • Options
    ArtArt Posts: 140 Member
    They really need to fix this. When you play University everything is disappearing and you are not able to go into build mode to replace the stuff. No sinks, no t.v. no radio, chairs, tables... Excuse me!!! It is a wonder that my sim are still able to take a poo!!
  • Options
    Art wrote: »
    They really need to fix this. When you play University everything is disappearing and you are not able to go into build mode to replace the stuff. No sinks, no t.v. no radio, chairs, tables... Excuse me!!! It is a wonder that my sim are still able to take a poo!!

Well that really stinks. I bought university on release date but have not attempted to play it as of yet and now I may continue to abstain from playing.
  • Options
    simvasionsimvasion Posts: 110 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »

I was using Simvasion’s Civic Policy Tweaks. NAPs were perfectly under control in my game. Then EA “fixed” the NAPs, and the mod stopped working. I thought maybe it was just conflicting with the fix, so I removed the mod. It turned out that EA’s “fix” didn’t fix things at all in my game. But because there is now a “fix,” Simvasion no longer supports the Civic Policy Tweaks mod. They still have a mod called Eco Lifestyle Interaction Fixes, but this other mod doesn’t fix the problems in my game for whatever reason.

Are you sure you turned mod support back on after the update? Patch updates automatically disable all mods in the options and they stay disabled until you turn them back on.

I played the game with all my mods in after the update and they worked just fine. Then I took out the Civic Policy Tweaks and the game was still working fine and I could see with the Show Sim Info mod that all the NPCs around were carrying the correct NAP buffs on them, instead of every NAP from everywhere in the game.

So the Civic Policy Tweaks mod, which was made to fix the error with NAP buffs wasn't needed any more. I also had a fix on there for played sims getting stuck with NAP commodities, which makes them do NAP things that ignore autonomy settings - so I moved those over to my Eco Interactions Fixes mod. It's literally copy and pasted the exact same lines of code from one mod into the other, so they should work the same.

It made more sense to have only one mod with everything in it, because I kept seeing places with comments from people that only had one mod or the other mod and they were all missing out on the fixes from the one they didn't know existed.

If you do have mods turned on in your settings, make sure that there's nothing else that could be conflicting with them, such as other mods which contain the same tuning files (the game can only handle one set).
  • Options
    Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    I havent read every post, but doesnt disabling NPC voting fix this?

For me all the packs add something good to the game. Eco is no different. There are things i like about it. And there is an option to turn off annoying features and cheats to automatically repeal N.A.P.S so im not sure how EL is a bad pack, just because of the challenges. I disagree .
  • Options
    Sim_ArchitectsSim_Architects Posts: 302 Member
    edited August 2020
    beville wrote: »
    Sims walking in other sims homes and stealing isn't cool!
    Also seeing my sims being romantically kiss by the same gender isn't cool either !!
    I can see maybe kissing on the cheeks.
    Ok I found the cheat to get rid of this! Much better now 😊

The sims has never included homophobia built into the game (i think thats very cool fyi) , so thats why sims can freely date and kiss either gender. And why they dont become hysterical if a same gender sim kisses them. There is no "straight" or "gay" in the sims and no shunning of anyones sexuality. A (properly executed) attraction system would help with a sims choice of partner though. The sims has ALWAYS been pansexual.