Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Question Thread

Comments

• Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    edited June 2020
    crocobaura wrote: »
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    @crocobaura I’m so jealousss! What day do they usually collect? Do I have to put in a dumpster? Or would an outdoor bin be enough?

Have no idea. My sim had the front door locked due to Sharing is Caring NAP and the first time didn't let the guy in. The second time he was let inside and collected the trash bag from the dustbin. As it was an apartment, there was no wheelie bin. Found a picture of the waste managment person. :lol:

Thanks for this! Hmmmm I see that @Nindigo’s household is in Port Promise so that rules out garbage collection is only for apartments. Maybe it’s because I have 6 garbage cans in my house? :lol: I’ll try deleting the others.

Edit: Play-testing on a new save spawned the Waste Manager. They show up every Wednesday and check and fine you if you haven’t been recycling. Thing is they do not assign NPCs in my older saves this role so I’ve been waiting in vain before. I modded/cheated to get them in and now all is well.
    Post edited by orenjiAi on
  • Options
    stewbystewby Posts: 79 Member
    I can't post a new thread but I seem to be having an issue with my game.

I am currently doing the eco innovator aspiration. I have the goal of voting twice in the NAPs.
    I have four NAPs active. I have rescinded two so far. Each weekend, the repealed one is replaced by a different one. However, I cannot vote on anything as we were waiting on the repealed one being sorted.

I am very confused. I hope you understand what I mean. Is anyone else having this problem??
  • Options
    magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    I want to post a pic of the trash man, how do i post a pic on here?
  • Options
    stenopelixstenopelix Posts: 385 Member
    mavely wrote: »
    > @stenopelix said:
    > Has someone ever got their money back from Bess Sterling? .

yes, i told her i couldn't give her any more money around 2-3 k simoleons. she gave it back.

So you have to ask her to pay it back? Meh, I hoped it would be another way to get some of the inventions without pursuing the Civil Design career. Thank you.

• Options
    Bananadancer12Bananadancer12 Posts: 9 New Member
    For some reason even when i vote on a NAP, it doesn't apply towards the first part of the "eco innovator" aspiration. anyone else?
  • Options
    Bananadancer12Bananadancer12 Posts: 9 New Member
    > @smurfy77 said:
    > How and where do you place a Community Area in the Harbor of Promise (I may have name wrong but it does have Promise in it) I just got it Green and I want to place a Community area, I go to Manage Worlds and there are no places to put one, Im not understanding where to do it, or is it in a different neighborhood?

The community areas are already there!!
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member
    Are marketplace spaces only for NPC Sims to sell? I can't use any of the tables on the lot
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,385 Member
    Bearpal64 wrote: »
    Are marketplace spaces only for NPC Sims to sell? I can't use any of the tables on the lot

I was able to put stuff for sale on the tables when they were empty. I noticed that sometimes there are stuff set out on the tables by other sims but their owner is probably doing something else and it's not possible to interact at all with his merchandise or the table. So, just wait until you find an empty table.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member

Did you try bringing your own table, just ion case?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Bearpal64Bearpal64 Posts: 1,117 Member

Did you try bringing your own table, just ion case?

I'll have to give that a go and see if that works.
    crocobaura wrote: »

I was able to put stuff for sale on the tables when they were empty. I noticed that sometimes there are stuff set out on the tables by other sims but their owner is probably doing something else and it's not possible to interact at all with his merchandise or the table. So, just wait until you find an empty table.

All the tables were empty except the 4 Selvadorata tables interestingly enough lol.
  • Options
    KhrisstyneKhrisstyne Posts: 368 Member
    edited June 2020
    magooo63 wrote: »
    I want to post a pic of the trash man, how do i post a pic on here?

I use imgur. There is also a thread about how to do it.
    AviaWinters.tumblr.com
    AviaTheDramaFiend.wordpress.com
    (not always sims related but I review and discuss television shows and movies. Foreign or not.)

I play on console and PC now! YAY!
  • Options
    smurfy77smurfy77 Posts: 1,250 Member
    > @smurfy77 said:
    > How and where do you place a Community Area in the Harbor of Promise (I may have name wrong but it does have Promise in it) I just got it Green and I want to place a Community area, I go to Manage Worlds and there are no places to put one, Im not understanding where to do it, or is it in a different neighborhood?

The community areas are already there!!

Yeah I wrote right after that I found it
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    stewby wrote: »

I am currently doing the eco innovator aspiration. I have the goal of voting twice in the NAPs.
    I have four NAPs active. I have rescinded two so far. Each weekend, the repealed one is replaced by a different one. However, I cannot vote on anything as we were waiting on the repealed one being sorted.

I am very confused. I hope you understand what I mean. Is anyone else having this problem??

From what I think you're saying is that the other sims are able to vote when your sim can't because of the repeal not letting you vote and they vote in a new NAP? If that's what's happening it sounds like a bug or over sight of the devs not stopping all voting when the player is not aloud to vote. You could post a bug report on the EA Help Forums.
  • Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    For some reason even when i vote on a NAP, it doesn't apply towards the first part of the "eco innovator" aspiration. anyone else?

I'll take a guess that maybe you have to get your vote to pass for it to count in the aspiration.
  • Options
    edited June 2020
    Firemen wont come
  • Options
    trashmen
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited June 2020
    You can use your influence points to convince sims to vote for a NAP even if you can’t vote. Then the repealed NAP will be replaced with the one you convinced sims to vote for (if it wins).

But what’s annoying is you can only convince sims to vote for some NAPs in a list that shows up, but not add one that’s not on the list.
    stewby wrote: »

From what I think you're saying is that the other sims are able to vote when your sim can't because of the repeal not letting you vote and they vote in a new NAP? If that's what's happening it sounds like a bug or over sight of the devs not stopping all voting when the player is not aloud to vote. You could post a bug report on the EA Help Forums.

• Options
    Mermaid9Mermaid9 Posts: 1 New Member
    Does anyone know how to find the houses from the official ecoliving game play trailer??
  • Options

Mine worked for part one but now I am on the last bit and it won't work. I have voted on several NAPs with no achievement. It is the only thing I have left to achieve for the eco innovator aspiration.
    Is this a recognised bug??
  • Options
    iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 455 Member
    I've heard some people have had trouble with bugs and lag in the new pack. Should I wait to buy it, or would it still be worth buying now?
  • Options
    AbraKadabraAbraKadabra Posts: 304 Member
    Does the geothermal lot trait keep the pools warm even in winter?
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I've heard some people have had trouble with bugs and lag in the new pack. Should I wait to buy it, or would it still be worth buying now?
    I’d wait. It’s a wonderful pack but it has some issues with the main features that need to be addressed.
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    edited June 2020
    Why does my sims eco footprint go green one day and then the next day it's back in neutral? It all feels rather pointless if this is how it's meant to be. I thought I would be making some real changes to my sims environments but honestly it's a lot of effort for little reward if I'm only going to get a green day here and there and then it's back to neutral. I feel like I'm wasting my time and I'm getting fed up and frustrated with it.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,673 Member
    Sharonia wrote: »
    Why does my sims eco footprint go green one day and then the next day it's back in neutral? It all feels rather pointless if this is how it's meant to be. I thought I would be making some real changes to my sims environments but honestly it's a lot of effort for little reward if I'm only going to get a green day here and there and then it's back to neutral. I feel like I'm wasting my time and I'm getting fed up and frustrated with it.

I've not played enough to know for sure, but my impression is that at some point the footprint is on the border between two statuses, and might often fluctuate. After more play it might move along in either direction and stabilize a bit more. This far I've been building, buying and planning more than actually playing, and I'm pretty sure the hours played per lot has a greater effect re stabilizing. The more lots played/visited, the clearer footprint.

This might also depend on chosen N.A.P.s. If they kind of conflicts I assume it gets harder making a change to the footprint, as you get rewarded for changes in both directions.

In fact I like how this pack leaves us guessing :) There might be some bugs in the mix, but I hope it's not meant to be very straight forward and a quick thing to change footprint. I believe the best thing is to play normally, not really trying too hard, and changes will come anyway in the long run :)
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    Does the geothermal lot trait keep the pools warm even in winter?

Yes. It bubbles and steams as well. Also gives a nice emotion thing. Very cool.
    :)