Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Eco Lifestyle Question Thread

Comments

• paperyheartspaperyhearts Posts: 10 New Member
    Is it possible to use the Fabricator off the grid? I've tried adding solar panels and stuff to generate power but it still says I can't use the Fabricator off the grid.
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    > @paperyhearts said:
    > Is it possible to use the Fabricator off the grid? I've tried adding solar panels and stuff to generate power but it still says I can't use the Fabricator off the grid.

So I have an "off the grid" sim with like 4 panels and a turbine. It took a sim day to generate enough power to use the stove then it quickly disappeared again. So I would say you could but don't use the power for anything else for a couple days and see it you can use it then.
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • SimsLady2000SimsLady2000 Posts: 1,236 Member
    > @alan650111 said:
    > (Quote)
    >
    > You must have the "Sharing Is Caring" Neighborhood Action Plan enabled. It's a nightmare, along with many other spammy NAPs, because people can even steal sinks and so forth from community lots. However, you can have your sim visit someone and take what you need back. You will have to repeal the plan.

So this is happening on all my lots in all the different sim worlds. It happens right before my eyes to so speak. It happened in Granite Falls! That doesn't seem right when you are in a rental! I am going to check all my communities and see if any of them have that NAP up. Thanks for the information!
    The Sims is NOT a game, it's a lifestyle choice.

My Plumbob is GREEN today :D
  • SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,658 Member
    Does the Sharing is caring NAP apply only to lots within that hood, or will it also affect sims living in that hood to behave accordingly regardless of what hood they are in? And do neighbors also steal gravestones? If I have a funeral during this NAP, will I risk NPCs stealing all gravestones from the graveyard?
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • mavelymavely Posts: 11 New Member
    > @mavely said:
    > WIth the Recycle Diciple trait, she keeps recycling her household items like the couch made in the fabricator and her stereo. WHY?! This is ridiculous.

I've had to turn off autonomy for this sim.
    How do you "Install a composting container" for the Work from Home task on the Design Guru career?
  • smoothyrus129smoothyrus129 Posts: 1,440 Member
    mavely wrote: »
    How do you "Install a composting container" for the Work from Home task on the Design Guru career?

It's a toilet upgrade.
    > @mavely said:
    > How do you "Install a composting container" for the Work from Home task on the Design Guru career?

I found the toilet that came with the pack. That works!
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    I'm confused. So my sims are living in Port Promise, and I wanted to make it Green. I have edited all of the lots to be green. My sim's house is off the grid and is using all of the new eco friendly objects and green wallpaper and flooring. I recycle every day. I have four green friendly NAPs enacted... yet, Vlad (for whatever reason) told me that my lifestyle is ruining the environment, and the eco footprint is going from neutral to industrial. I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Does anyone know? Thank you xx
    I'm confused. So my sims are living in Port Promise, and I wanted to make it Green. I have edited all of the lots to be green. My sim's house is off the grid and is using all of the new eco friendly objects and green wallpaper and flooring. I recycle every day. I have four green friendly NAPs enacted... yet, Vlad (for whatever reason) told me that my lifestyle is ruining the environment, and the eco footprint is going from neutral to industrial. I really don't understand what I'm doing wrong. Does anyone know? Thank you xx

No idea, but could it be some industrial objects in your inventories? Or perhaps those changes just take some time to have effect?
  • orangehippogrifforangehippogriff Posts: 946 Member
    @Simmerville

I think so. It went back to Green for a day, then neutral for two days, and now it's green again. It's weird how it doesn't stay green for very long though... oh well!
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    I have another quick question. How can I get my neighbors houses green or industrial? It seems like no matter what I do they are stuck on neutral. I have one area where I’ve added solar panels, turbines and dew collectors to every house while also adding green walls and flooring (which there are no where near enough of). Am I doing something wrong??
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    I have another quick question. How can I get my neighbors houses green or industrial? It seems like no matter what I do they are stuck on neutral. I have one area where I’ve added solar panels, turbines and dew collectors to every house while also adding green walls and flooring (which there are no where near enough of). Am I doing something wrong??

You’ll have to go into build mode and edit them yourself. Only the deco homes will automatically change on their own.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

You’ll have to go into build mode and edit them yourself. Only the deco homes will automatically change on their own.

I’ve tried that it just doesn’t seem to do anything :(. I use a ton of green items and wallpaper/flooring on other homes with no change. It seems stuck at neutral. My home is always the only green one and I use less things there. I’m just super confused and wondering if this is a bug.

I’ve tried that it just doesn’t seem to do anything :(. I use a ton of green items and wallpaper/flooring on other homes with no change. It seems stuck at neutral. My home is always the only green one and I use less things there. I’m just super confused and wondering if this is a bug.

Well it’s set my neighborhood I think right? Not individual homes? Or am I wrong about that. But there is a bug where it switches too quickly back and forth.

Well it’s set my neighborhood I think right? Not individual homes? Or am I wrong about that. But there is a bug where it switches too quickly back and forth.

I think so but it averages the lots in the neighborhood. I think your played lot has the most influence but other lots do as well. The whole footprint thing is a bit confusing though.

I think so but it averages the lots in the neighborhood. I think your played lot has the most influence but other lots do as well. The whole footprint thing is a bit confusing though.

Yeah it’s confusing to me as well to be honest.

• KetheliebtButonKetheliebtButon Posts: 1 New Member
    > @idkidk said:
    > (Image)
    >
    >
    > Does anyone else have this problem with the nose ring?

Yes, I have the same problem.
  • alice1901alice1901 Posts: 1 New Member
    Did anyone else hear in the live stream for the pack that bin men would come once a week? I have played the same household for a few weeks now and not seen the bin man once. Did I get something wrong?
    alice1901 wrote: »
    Did anyone else hear in the live stream for the pack that bin men would come once a week? I have played the same household for a few weeks now and not seen the bin man once. Did I get something wrong?

I think they come only to lots with the "recycle" lot trait. Did not look for them though, but read that others have seen them.
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,376 Member

I think they come only to lots with the "recycle" lot trait. Did not look for them though, but read that others have seen them.

They should come to other lots as well because the trash cans get overfilled and then they become unusable. You can't even take trash out of them to recycle.
    crocobaura wrote: »

They should come to other lots as well because the trash cans get overfilled and then they become unusable. You can't even take trash out of them to recycle.

Oh, I need to pay attention. Have not played any lot for many days yet, but jumped about...
  • magooo63magooo63 Posts: 360 Member
    The trash men, or (Bin Men) depending on where you live should come once a week, but i only see them on my personal lot, not community lot.
    also, one time the trash man came and gave me a $50 fine for letting my trash pile up.
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    magooo63 wrote: »
    The trash men, or (Bin Men) depending on where you live should come once a week, but i only see them on my personal lot, not community lot.
    also, one time the trash man came and gave me a $50 fine for letting my trash pile up.

Really? I love all the new fines that come with the pack believe it or not! We need more consequence in the game and I like something like that. Very fitting for a life simulator too!
  • ManakoHimeManakoHime Posts: 285 Member
    Sorry if this one has been answered but how do I get rid of roaches? The bin that I have outside has them and when I got my sim to try and get rid of the roaches, they are still there! She had been doing this for a few hours so in the end I deleted the bin. Is there something I am missing?