July 3 - No Friday without a Friday Highlight! Find this week's highlighted discussions here.
June 27 - Let's pick our Best of Simming for June 2020!

Eco Lifestyle Question Thread

1789101113...Next

Comments

• SimzSizzleSimzSizzle Posts: 357 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what we can do with the furniture in questionable condition that you get from dumpster diving ? When I open my household inventory and drag the item to sell i get full price ! But when I put it on my home lot they furniture is unusable. How can I fix it ?

recycle it, get bits and pieces for the fabricator and the wood worker bench, and make new furniture or candles
    where are the community voting boards
    Should be one at the community center in your neighborhood, on a street not far from your sims home, and you can also vote by mailbox
    Does the geothermal lot trait keep the pools warm even in winter?

Are these swimming pools you're talking about ?
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    Hearts4u wrote: »
    @illustratedhappiness sorry to hear you are having those issues; I truly hop you get it fixed soon. It is winter in my game and my Sims only has $142 and living in a $600 apartment. I thought plopsy was in this and I realized oh--that is the next pack. Trying to figure out how to make money fast without having to borrow from his parents because I don't have enough skills for Freelance Crafter gigs anymore. :#

I’d say start digging for things, picking plants in other neighborhoods, fishing, or if you have Sulani beach combing (and digging), to sell things. I have one large gypsy family that don’t have regular jobs, but do these things to pay bills.

Breeding frogs, garden, wood working bench, fishing and selling the fish, fabricating and finding collectables where you can sell the multiples all will help in a pinch. You can also do odd jobs from your phone.
  • idkidkidkidk Posts: 74 Member
    I don't know if this is EL related,but i've never seen it before so i'm assuming it's something new.
    5bT81Pb.png

Does anyone know what this puddle is? It randomly appeared.
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 720 Member
    I've had them before and don't really know the cause. Roof leak? Pet mishap?
  • GwastenMicaGwastenMica Posts: 50 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    How can my Sims plant soybeans in their own garden? I can only harvest wax from the ones that grow wild. I couldn't find soybean seeds from the seed packs either.
    I saw James Turner growing a lot of soybean plants in one of his early access videos, but I didn't pay attention where he got the seeds from and I'm too lazy to watch the videos again. I will if I have to, but I thought I'll ask here first

Edit:
    I did watch James' video again and turned out that he cold harvest soybean seeds from the plants. I can't. I can only get wax. Now I can't even find soybean plants anymore, they have disappeared from the neighborhood. I have to give up candle making. :(

If you haven't gotten an answer yet, your soybean plants are out of season. When it is the correct season you will get both wax and seeds.
  • lsnishilsnishi Posts: 2,615 Member
    If you put your plants under a roof (like a greenhouse) or even under the eaves of a home, the plant will be considered "sheltered" and will grow all year round. @Kimmer. Just remember if it's a tree you're sheltering, the wall height has to be middle or tallest height to accommodate the tree canopy.
    PDWxp40.jpg
    rudolpha wrote: »
    I've had them before and don't really know the cause. Roof leak? Pet mishap?

There are no pets in that household...idk
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 703 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    How can my Sims plant soybeans in their own garden? I can only harvest wax from the ones that grow wild. I couldn't find soybean seeds from the seed packs either.
    I saw James Turner growing a lot of soybean plants in one of his early access videos, but I didn't pay attention where he got the seeds from and I'm too lazy to watch the videos again. I will if I have to, but I thought I'll ask here first

Edit:
    I did watch James' video again and turned out that he cold harvest soybean seeds from the plants. I can't. I can only get wax. Now I can't even find soybean plants anymore, they have disappeared from the neighborhood. I have to give up candle making. :(

If you haven't gotten an answer yet, your soybean plants are out of season. When it is the correct season you will get both wax and seeds.
    Thanks for help @GwastenMica and @Isnishi. :)
    I eventually figured it out. I can't believe I didn't realize it earlier. I do a lot of gardening in this game and I'm fully aware of the seasonal plants and how they work, but for some reason I thought soybean plants were supposed to produce soybeans in every season because they always produce wax too. I didn't even think of them being like normal plants. :blush:
  • ApoloApolo Posts: 56 Member
    edited June 24
    idkidk wrote: »
    I don't know if this is EL related,but i've never seen it before so i'm assuming it's something new.
    5bT81Pb.png

my sim has the Squeamishy trait and vomiting that every time he gets into a trash container
    Apolo wrote: »
    5bT81Pb.png

my sim has the Squeamishy trait and vomiting that every time he gets into a trash container
    Yeah,one of the sims is squeamish,makes sense then. Thanks a lot :)
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 697 Member
    edited June 24
    5bT81Pb.png

Do you have Realm of Magic? That puddle is green with yuk smell, just like the one's dribbled everywhere by sims that are cursed with Strangify.

Edit: never mind looks like it was solved :)
    Origin ID: 3989
  • iliekponieziliekponiez Posts: 300 Member
    Is there a dumpster anywhere in Grim's Quarry other than the community space?
  • wolfstarbuckwolfstarbuck Posts: 1 New Member
    I have a question. I’m in grimes quarry and my eco footprint was green but just barely. So I voted to enact the green initiative NAP and it passed. But now my footprint is TANKING towards industrial!! Is this supposed to happen? I was expecting the opposite obviously. Kinda BS imo
  • kristenleighwhitekristenleighwhite Posts: 82 Member
    I have a question. I’m in grimes quarry and my eco footprint was green but just barely. So I voted to enact the green initiative NAP and it passed. But now my footprint is TANKING towards industrial!! Is this supposed to happen? I was expecting the opposite obviously. Kinda BS imo

I have experienced the same thing. I think the feature itself is broken. I was cheating the green everyday (which I NEVER DO), but then I just switched to a different save where I am not focused on Eco gameplay. I really hope this is fixed in the next patch...