Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your Eco Lifestyle Builds!

Comments

• Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    In an attempt to massively shoot up my neighborhood's eco footprint, I made sure this house mostly uses materials with a high industrial footprint, water and power consumption lol. Because why not. Well it worked, started acid raining right away!
    3YxqWNO.png
  • Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    My little cozy eco-friendly farmhouse. Super pleased with this one, it looks better in game I will say that.
    oFWV3hM.png

At Christmas
    UnRawZ1.png

• Options
    DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited June 2020
    Never mind someone already helped.
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    So this was my Sims stage 2 home, I honestly don't know why I did it but it seemed cool at the time lol. But it didn't last that long before I rebuilt.
    4JtLkxB.png
    This is their stage 3 home! I really like how it came out, they finally got a fabricator for the house <3
    umvuvzx.png
    qnUPVOx.png
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,873 Member
    Wow! Y'all are so talented. :o
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    "São Paulo-based architecture practice Casa Container Marília - Arquitetura has built a self-sustained container house raised on metal pillars within native trees in Brazil.

Named Hanging House, the house was built from recycled maritime containers and 80% of the materials are entirely recycled for this house." - Brazil Architecture News - Jan 10, 2020

I interpreted this house in my game, and had a lot of fun doing it. Here is the article I found containing the Inspiration Photos I used. I tried to duplicate it as closely as I could, which wasn't really too difficult since I have all the packs installed, and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out. It's on the gallery, under my Origin ID: Pamtastic72, it's title Container Chic.

Here's my end result.
    Exterior VTHEqlw.png
    qGlNOpX.png
    8KpzDDP.png

Livingroom, Dining Room, Kitchen
    rdF00gz.png
    wIqYKBj.png
    YCMfXfN.png
    pt0ktsN.png
    rPXyKGZ.png

Laundry Room (the little door off the kitchen)
    oFgG9cz.png

Downstairs Bedroom and Bathroom
    JEW86ug.png
    D9ygyEu.png
    zKsf4Bj.png
    xpBBqko.png

Upstairs Master Bedroom and Bathroom
    ZVP1BDM.png
    khDGLrW.png
    5oD0733.png
    CQSMnK3.png

• Options
    Another awesome creation @luckyheather! Everything is so fun and colorful. Are you going to do the community garden / marketplace versions as well?

Fantastic building @Pamtastic72 the interior is sooo well done and I love that subdued, slightly industrial outside look. I think you matched your reference incredibly well and it does sorta remind me of the kind of builds you see on architecture shows (especially the kind with houses us normal people can't afford lol). Is this on the gallery?
  • Options
    DoubleSJosseDoubleSJosse Posts: 44 Member
    My container home!

Before: Three empty containers
    E9FzDyf.png

After: Some add ons after alot of dumpster diving :D
    6YJHa6h.png
    IUb9SjN.png
    BhD3pGr.png
  • Options
    Pamtastic72Pamtastic72 Posts: 4,545 Member
    edited June 2020
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Another awesome creation @luckyheather! Everything is so fun and colorful. Are you going to do the community garden / marketplace versions as well?

Fantastic building @Pamtastic72 the interior is sooo well done and I love that subdued, slightly industrial outside look. I think you matched your reference incredibly well and it does sorta remind me of the kind of builds you see on architecture shows (especially the kind with houses us normal people can't afford lol). Is this on the gallery?

Yes @SimTrippy it is, I labeled it Container Chic and it's under my EA ID: Pamtastic72. Thanks for the lovely compliments. I struggle with building sometime, but I am really proud of how this turned out. :)
  • Options
    Aw thanks @Pamtastic72 I will check it out tomorrow!

@luckyheather it's so hard filling up all the spaces xD looking forward to see what you'll do with the other 2!
  • Options
    DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    DaB1gV wrote: »
    @DaB1gV ooh, I really like that, is it on the gallery?

Thank you!! I’ll fire up my game now and put it on :)
    Could you tell me what it's called, please? Whenever I search under someone's ID it never brings anything up.

I'm sorry I'm away from my PC today and I've completely forgotten what I uploaded it under! Maybe "Eco Home" or "Modern Eco Home"?

Side note, do you type in the ID as case sensitive? I don't think it would show up under dab1gv, but maybe it would under DaB1gV?
  • Options
    icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    I just overhauled Stonestreet Apartments #3... Eco Stonestreet

eco-stonestreet_orig.jpg

Living, Dining, Kitchen (4 photos)
    06-06-20-7-07-10-pm.png
    06-06-20-7-07-25-pm.png
    06-06-20-7-07-33-pm.png
    06-06-20-7-07-46-pm.png

Bedroom, Bathroom (4 photos)
    06-06-20-7-07-58-pm.png
    06-06-20-7-08-10-pm.png
    06-06-20-7-08-28-pm.png
    06-06-20-7-08-34-pm.png
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • Options
    icanhassimsicanhassims Posts: 790 Member
    Also built this huge community garden: Community Eco Garden
    7xDwajR.png

It has: fruits, veggies, flowers, herbs, garlic, catnip, plasma, and magical plants in hydroponic planters; vertical planters, insect farms, and bee boxes in the greenhouse as well; a fishing pond; harvestable trees outside the greenhouse... and bathrooms, of course!
    Get 25% off with the code: SIMS4FORUMS My Sims 4 Portfolio
  • Options
    orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    edited June 2020
    Well this was long overdue. Last time I just took a photo of my save’s build. But now I made a tiny eco home! It uses CL, IL and of course EL.

This is a shipping container home and is roughly the same size. Since it has this big glass doors, and is built just across Conifer Station (also I value my sim’s privacy lol), I put it up high above the streets. I also put plants all around so you can have your own slice of green amid all the pollution.

The top part is the only liveable space and you can access it by climbing a long winding staircase from the left (the front door is on the top part). It’s a Small Home too (97 tiles I think) so you get all the perks of living in one. The bottom part is a pretend garage.
    lJ1GVn8.png

Climbing up and down all those stairs wastes time. So I made this mural rolling door thing a hidden door. Sims will just walk through it. This is the side that’s facing the bay. Putting all the plants on and making the pathwalk work took HOURS!
    fXet3xx.png

I REALLY love that shelf divider. <3 It's gonna be a staple in my builds now!
    lmJzvqt.png

That idea to stuff things on the window sill is pure genius, @DaB1gV (this is a shameless copy :#).
    8oM4tuE.png

Despite how it looks this build has an Industrial footprint! It's a Pretend Eco Friend. ;)
    Post edited by orenjiAi on
  • Options
    DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    @elanorbreton it is uploaded under "Modern Eco Home"!
  • Options
    Continued working on the Casbah maker space, will be done sometime today I think. The marketplace is the hardest for me for some reason ^^
  • Options
    elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    @DaB1gV
    DaB1gV wrote: »
    Side note, do you type in the ID as case sensitive? I don't think it would show up under dab1gv, but maybe it would under DaB1gV?
    Ah! That's what I've been doing wrong! Copied and pasted it as you typed it and it came up. Thanks, I've downloaded it now - definitely keeping it in my game, I love it!
    @SimTrippy I find the marketplace the hardest too! I hate making marketplaces lol.
  • Options
    PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    I am sooo in love with this pack. Didn't even know that I wanted this for my game :D

This is my first build with this pack. It's Miko Ojo's sustainable home in Port Promise. Living off the grid is super hard and to be able to play a "normal" household I had to give them a fridge and some more, sooo.. She has a lot of solar panels.

wVzI1V6.jpg
    eCv4KFG.png
    H6u0aKR.png
    hirD2Ib.png
    VqEu094.png
    O0bpiqX.png

Second floor with the master bedroom and an amazing view.
    mMhvBg7.png
    4IBiPDP.png
    WWECLV0.png

Maybe my favorite room - the shower with a glass ceiling and windows to a private garden.
    9tW3bOp.png
  • Options
    Aaand here is part 2, the Casbah Maker Space!

Phew this one took me a while haha, but I'm actually VERY happy with it. Had to take out the cafeteria space which I loved as I want to have a distinction between the Maker Space & Marketplace, so it's now like a tabletop area. But I left in a bar so sims can also learn mixology :)

Anywho, it's ready now. It has a kid's skill area, playground area, graffiti area, tabletop bar, a cinema, classic maker space area (fizzy juices, candles, woodworking, art), a music room (DJing, guitar, music mixing and keyboard), and finally a photography studio. So sims can make a TON of stuff here if they like :D

I actually really like it, but I'll put the images mostly in spoiler tags as it's a LARGE building and I don't want to flood the thread. :) Hope you enjoy.

ABIRHnw.png

Groundfloor - Children's Corner, Picnic, Graffiti, Tabletop Games:
    gQdPyzr.png
    Jide7y3.png
    ZgwWxeM.png
    dW5JJBj.png
    ipO8bda.png

Floor 1 - Cinema & Maker Space (my favorite!)
    Vs60BkO.png
    N86OxsL.png
    O6OHk9J.png
    HZqyStq.png
    O6fozhm.png
    nOjmOcQ.png

Floor 2 - Music & Photography Areas:
    ZcNIqgD.png
    SbWql2I.png
    EZXXSZy.png
    bDNx8lb.png
    MxpuvSu.png
  • Options
    @orenjiAi I LOVE your style. Would you mind decorating my home too please? Like my real one? Lol. It's superb! You should definitely upload more to the gallery <3<3

@Peppermix it's such a fun pack isn't it, and the build & buy is crazy good. Love what you've made here, the clutter in your kitchen is to die for <3 and so much light! Really pretty.
  • Options
    ryttu3kryttu3k Posts: 1,148 Member
    @SimTrippy ooh, it looks great as a restaurant, and that maker space is perfect!

@Wugri thank you! :D Your commune looks great, too!

@luckyheather that maker space is so cool :o Fantastic level of detail!

@orenjiAi whoa, that looks fantastic! Those plants may have taken time, but they look so authentic!

@Peppermix that's a gorgeous space, I really like the Spa Day candle wall!

I used a lot of exclamation marks in this reply, heh.
  • Options
    PeppermixPeppermix Posts: 231 Member
    @ryttu3k Hehe, I love that wall too. So many candles in this house.. The entire thing can catch on fire any minute! :D
  • Options
    RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,850 Member
    so many nice builds I'm not really rushing through improving things in my current gameplay so rather than have a lot of normal homes I like the containers mixed with them and apartments.

To be fair I already shared this but I'll only show this one, not sure what else I'll do with the bottom level but I liked how it turned out all the same.
    3HEhVZa.png
    dAbfB79.png
    TLQ1qmZ.png
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png