Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Share your Eco Lifestyle Builds!

Hey simmers,

as for previous EPs, here's the Eco Lifestyle build thread!

I know the EP will only come out in 2 and a bit hours at the earliest, but a) I can't focus on work (at all) and b) I'm just really, really excited to see what you'll all come up with this time, especially in terms of ecological buildings (green roofs, vertical garden spaces), container homes and trashy places (finally!!!) - so before I forget to put it up when I'm lost in the pack, here's one of my fav threads to do <3

Of course, you can once again share builds you found on the gallery!

Happy Eco Lifestyle Day, everyone!!!

Comments

• SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    I'll kick it off this time with a fantastic build @Cinderellimouse shared on the Twitter
  • DeadFishyDeadFishy Posts: 2,761 Member
    Is it two hours for some??
    Go Raps!
    canada-flag-tiny.gif
    For Australia yes, approximately 2 hours and 10 minutes! :D
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    edited June 2020
    I made some Eco homes prior to the pack. ☺️ Origin ID: AquaGamer1212 *have cc turned on*

BV10hX4.png
    Z79TJWK.png
    Post edited by AquaGamer1212 on
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

That's cool @AquaGamer1212 !! Love the new container wallpaper (is it correct to call it wallpaper? :D)

Shared on Twitter
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    Hey friends. I am loving Eco Lifestyle so far (THANK YOU VPN). I built a community space on the island in windenburg for my legacy family. I am proud of it :). Here are pictures of the different spaces.

VcioUjv.png

Garden
    V2ZWekl.png

Market
    SeWKVOY.png

Maker Space
    W7kiQDi.png

I am looking forward to seeing what better builders do with this super cool new lot type.
    Your community space is so cute @Akl500P! I haven't built anything yet - having started late and being tired, I'm almost kinda overwhelmed by this EP? Really having to figure stuff out :D

But anyway, I really like how you used the lights. So this is one of the 3 options?
  • Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    Your community space is so cute @Akl500P! I haven't built anything yet - having started late and being tired, I'm almost kinda overwhelmed by this EP? Really having to figure stuff out :D

But anyway, I really like how you used the lights. So this is one of the 3 options?

Thank you :). It’s all of the lot options pictured including the default before voting.
    Akl500P wrote: »

Thank you :). It’s all of the lot options pictured including the default before voting.

Oh you're right, I'm sorry, I didn't see the little descriptions :D
    edited June 2020
    I don't really have build to show yet, but thoughts :D I really like how freely we can - I think - interpret things like community garden. Like it could include a playground area so people can bring their kids, or a bbq, obviously the flower arranging / bee box / sprinklers we got with Seasons, the performance object from CL. But also the vendor tables, cause why not have them sell their produce then and there?

Very looking forward to getting creative with this and discovering your other versions, it's gonna be quite exciting to see all the variations.

Here are some images of my - thusfar lackluster- thought experiments :D
    UnvTzHK.png
    bfrsY6g.png
    ZToZMpw.png
    vYLQSxt.png
    SHBcvOM.png
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    Akl500P wrote: »
    Hey friends. I am loving Eco Lifestyle so far (THANK YOU VPN). I built a community space on the island in windenburg for my legacy family. I am proud of it :). Here are pictures of the different spaces.

VcioUjv.png

Garden
    V2ZWekl.png

Market
    SeWKVOY.png

Maker Space
    W7kiQDi.png

I am looking forward to seeing what better builders do with this super cool new lot type.

I am playing today due to VPN too! I am reaaaaaally enjoying this pack and soaking everything in. The game truly feels expanded and refreshed. My sims just voted in the community garden and I went to visit it and it's ADORABLE how tons of sims immediately come in and start planting and behaving exactly how I hoped they would! They bring in varying veggies and fruits and plant it all themselves. This pack also has some of the most fantastic build/buy/CAS any Sims iteration has ever seen!
  • alan650111alan650111 Posts: 3,295 Member
    I don't really have build to show yet, but thoughts :D I really like how freely we can - I think - interpret things like community garden. Like it could include a playground area so people can bring their kids, or a bbq, obviously the flower arranging / bee box / sprinklers we got with Seasons, the performance object from CL. But also the vendor tables, cause why not have them sell their produce then and there?

Very looking forward to getting creative with this and discovering your other versions, it's gonna be quite exciting to see all the variations.

Here are some images of my - thusfar lackluster- thought experiments :D
    UnvTzHK.png
    bfrsY6g.png
    ZToZMpw.png
    vYLQSxt.png
    SHBcvOM.png

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING! GREAT JOB! I would love to have this in my game on one of my community spaces! Please drop your ID once your upload it to the gallery if you'd want to do so! :)
    edited June 2020
    @alan650111 haha thanks but tbf I didn't make most of this! I just dropped in more objects, it should already mostly look like this in your game structure-wise if you check out the community garden lot in Sprucewood Square.

I was just placing random objects I thought would make sense and just played around with my thoughts for things I'll eventually build :D I'm just really tired rn and probably won't make it long but tomorrow I'll open a test save and try my hand at crafting real spaces. haha

But I am in AWE with all the stuff we'll be able to create, I absolutely want to turn the marketplace into a real multi-cultural food festival lot, with performance spots and music and lights. Just something beautiful my sims can visit whenever they want - IF they vote for it :D
  • AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    ymEqqbF.png
    This is my Sims house now after selling ruined furniture and fizzy drinks. I'll upload the community space in a bit as it needs revised....
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

Slooowly on my way to bed as I'm just too tired but I love this
  • DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    I have hopefully just a 9 hour work day today, it is sitting in my Origin library ready to be downloaded and played the second I get home! Ignoring all my law school work, here I come!
  • orenjiAiorenjiAi Posts: 569 Member
    Well it isn't much. It's still my old build but fitted with EL stuff.

When I built this weeks back, I had no idea EA made this EP. My vision was to make my house eco-friendly so I used some green building techniques I learned from college with the in-game content. I'm really glad that with EL, I can finally realize that vision (this build's eco footprint is barely just leaning towards green.) Sorry I keep taking these screenshots in bad lighting/weather.

GL3fArx.png

I finally got to update my rooftop. I really love those vertical gardens. They save so much space; I used to cramp all my plants in the laundry!
    Spoiler alert: the planters wood tones don't match any other's!

wXl8dEL.png

I haven't put it out in Evergreen Harbor yet—which is odd considering that it's my reason for getting the pack. Maybe I'll also edit some of the existing builds too.
  • DragonAge_300905DragonAge_300905 Posts: 1,944 Member
    edited June 2020
    I put this lot on the gallery. I can't download the EP yet, not released for my time zone yet. This is the second working crane lot I've built and I don't like the way the camera shows the lot in the gallery. I don't think I'll try to build on this idea again. So if anybody that has the EP wants to expand on this idea, you can download it and re-upload it. It was a lot of work and it'd be great if someone got some use out of it. I'd love to see what can be done with this idea. You don't have to give me credit, I got the idea from the lot in the EP so the idea was never originally mine.

Eta, removed from my gallery and library. I like keeping my gallery one page and my library small.
    Post edited by DragonAge_300905 on
    orenjiAi wrote: »
    Well it isn't much. It's still my old build but fitted with EL stuff.

When I built this weeks back, I had no idea EA made this EP. My vision was to make my house eco-friendly so I used some green building techniques I learned from college with the in-game content. I'm really glad that with EL, I can finally realize that vision (this build's eco footprint is barely just leaning towards green.) Sorry I keep taking these screenshots in bad lighting/weather.

GL3fArx.png

I finally got to update my rooftop. I really love those vertical gardens. They save so much space; I used to cramp all my plants in the laundry!
    Spoiler alert: the planters wood tones don't match any other's!

wXl8dEL.png

I haven't put it out in Evergreen Harbor yet—which is odd considering that it's my reason for getting the pack. Maybe I'll also edit some of the existing builds too.

I still <3 your build!! Pleaaase put it on the gallery for us one day 😅
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Building those 4 matching Lots for the community space is hard!. I spent about 4 hours from 2 am this morning trying to make them, I was going to use this as the standard space with the idea that it was an abandoned trailer site being turned into something for the community:
    06-05-20_10-12-21%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

And then the garden:
    06-05-20_10-12-37%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

But, no, I then decided I didn't like them. Too homey, not communal enough. And I had terrible problems trying to come up with a market idea never mind a maker space. I do hope someone comes along who can do a better job!
    I just finished the Casbah Community Garden! :D But now I wanna play before finishing the other three options lol.

It's not perfect, but I do like it, and I just love the idea of making a community garden in the city for residents who live in apartments without any balcony! :love:

You can download it here
    sDbT0Wq.png
    A5cctoq.png
    cdtwOk9.png
    HgI4i6B.png
    Building those 4 matching Lots for the community space is hard!. I spent about 4 hours from 2 am this morning trying to make them, I was going to use this as the standard space with the idea that it was an abandoned trailer site being turned into something for the community:
    06-05-20_10-12-21%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

And then the garden:
    06-05-20_10-12-37%C2%A0AM.png?dl=0

But, no, I then decided I didn't like them. Too homey, not communal enough. And I had terrible problems trying to come up with a market idea never mind a maker space. I do hope someone comes along who can do a better job!

Haha I really like what you did though! And yes it IS hard. Dunno why my brain thought going for the biggest city building would be a good way to start :joy:

It's just so difficult having to do not 1 but 4 layouts - especially cause I'd want the first layout to be sort of run-down but I'm soooo bad at making trashy/broken/old places like that!
  • DaB1gVDaB1gV Posts: 684 Member
    I'm not the best builder, but I built two converted shipping containers for my university roommates!

R0MMZng.png

And the back:
    wtfD95S.png

@DaB1gV that is friggin adorable though!! <3 Love the whole color scheme.