Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Thread for new members to post their Sims 3 game issues (2020-22 version!)

Comments

• Options
    nthacnthac Posts: 1 New Member
    My sims can't enter/leave the house. I assumed this is because the slope is too steep to connect the road. Another issue is that I can't place a one-block stair but four-block. Please help. :(
  • Options
    sativasimsativasim Posts: 2 New Member
    Hello,
    I’m new to the sims forums website. I was directed here by @lisasc360 and was told to tag @puzzlezaddict I wanted to get back into playing the sims 3 and want to buy a gaming laptop. The laptop I want to buy is called Ideapad gaming 3 AMD. I wanted to make sure that the specs are good enough to handle all of the sims 3 EP’s and SP’s. Here are the computer specs:
    Processor
    AMD Ryzen™ 7 6800H Processor (3.20 GHz, up to 4.70 GHz Max Boost, 8 Cores, 16 Threads, 16 MB Cache)
    Operating System
    Windows 11 Home 64
    Graphics
    NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX™ 3050 Ti 4GB
    Memory
    8 GB DDR5 4800MHz
    Storage
    512 GB PCIe SSD Gen 4
  • Options
    Dmhi12344Dmhi12344 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi I have a really frustrating problem which SOMEBODY else must have experienced but it's not one I can easily search so I'm asking here.
    Basically none of my custom content shows up in the launcher (or consequently in game. None of my games are there either) despite being there in the Electronic Arts>The Sims 3 folder. It's like there's a complete disconnect between the folder and the game I'm able to launch which is just like a blank brand new game. What on earth?? Could anyone help me out here? To be honest I wouldn't even mind starting all over again but I can't because I don't know where the game is being launched from.
  • Options
    MessynaturedwellerMessynaturedweller Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi. I have two issues: one is that some lots only appear partially on the town map. The townhouse since i changed the townhouse building , a cemetary i built, and a karaoke bar that was premade but i switched location of. Its not completely invisible but the main building are. Is this some glitch or because of some graphics settings?
    I also just went total annihilation with nraas mc on my town and repopulated with story progression. Only thing is now i become immediate friends with celebrities from just talking to them. Idk why?
  • Options
    Kaydenplayssims4Kaydenplayssims4 Posts: 2 New Member
    Hey, can I get some quick tech support? I'm guessing it's just not gonna work and that's life, but still. Doesn't hurt to ask. Basically, my game has been struggling to load some of the towns for a new game. Sunset Valley and (if memory serves) Appaloosa Plains take a while, but do eventually load. But Bridgeport and Twinbrook both crash before I can even load in. The loading bar gets all the way to the end, stalls for like 15 minutes, then the game just closes to desktop with no error message. I've done everything I can think to do. I have NRAAS stuff installed and have set it up properly in another save and set it so it should apply to all saves, I have the 4GB patch, I have Duchess's Smooth Patch, I open it in a way that skips the launcher, I have it in windowed mode with nothing else running, and I have all graphics settings as low as possible. I also clear the cache before every game launch. None of that seems to make a difference. It probably is just my laptop being a brat, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask in case there I missed something. This really sucks, though, because I was planning on playing around with the World Adventures stuff, but if these towns won't load, those worlds definitely won't. Anyways, if anyone has any ideas, please let me know. Specs and settings are below. Also, I'm playing via the disks because I can't register my game on Origin since it's connected to my old Sims3.com account and I can't get into the email connected to it (thanks AOL *facepalm*) so EA Support couldn't do anything to help me there. All that being said, that means I'm stuck on version 1.67.2.024001 and can't even pick and choose what packs are active to see if that would help.

Inspiron 13-7378
    Device name DESKTOP-VCVP892
    Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.70 GHz
    Installed RAM 8.00 GB (7.87 GB usable)
    Device ID 0A8FE71D-C7FF-43B4-BF07-546E1ECDE4D7
    Product ID 00325-96123-15091-AAOEM
    System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
    Pen and touch Pen and touch support with 10 touch points

Edition Windows 10 Home
    Version 21H2
    Installed on ‎3/‎15/‎2021
    OS build 19044.1889
    Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0

[options]
    edgescrolling = 1
    winterenabled = 1
    videocapturesound = 0
    agingstagelengthyoungadult = 21
    agingstagelengthdogelder = 0
    springlength = 7
    terrainquality = 3
    enableintrotutorial = 0
    hailenabled = 1
    voicelevel = 255
    edgescrollingwarning = 0
    soundfxlevel = 255
    agingstagelengthtoddler = 7
    edgesmoothing = 2
    twelvehourclock = 1
    agingstagelengthadult = 21
    winterlength = 7
    agingstagelengthhorseadult = 0
    petautonomylevel = 2
    showplacementgrid = 0
    agingstagelengthkitten = 0
    enabletutorial = 0
    agingstagelengthpuppy = 0
    falllength = 7
    disableautonomyforselectedsim = 0
    visualeffects = 2
    suppressopportunitydialogswarningproducts = 258047
    ambientlevel = 255
    receiveddevgift = 0
    lunarcyclelength = 3
    nummaxactivelotoptions = 6
    enablepets = 0
    snowenabled = 1
    agingstagelengthdogadult = 0
    musiclevel = 255
    springenabled = 1
    enableaging = 1
    audioquality = 3
    focusmute = 1
    agingstagelengthcatadult = 0
    iscelcius = 0
    maxactivelots = 2
    objecthiding = 0
    resolution = 1400 1050 0
    receiveconnecttns = 0
    requireloginbeforeload = 1
    simquality = 3
    inverthorizontalrotation = 0
    autonomylevel = 2
    fallenabled = 1
    invertverticalrotation = 0
    lightingquality = 2
    agingstagelengthhorseelder = 0
    enabletombresets = 1
    videocapturehideui = 1
    soundfxmute = 0
    enablelunarcycle = 1
    enablefairies = 0
    rainenabled = 1
    videocapturesize = 1
    fullscreen = 0
    enablevampires = 0
    agingstagelengthelder = 17
    agingstagelengthfoal = 0
    enableinteractiveloading = 0
    aspectratio = 0
    enablelunarphase = 0
    aginginterval = 2
    supressopportunitydialogs = 0
    agingstagelengthbaby = 3
    videocapturequality = 2
    enablewitches = 0
    videocapturetime = 60
    treequality = 2
    lastdevice = 0;8086;5916;4973
    musicmute = 0
    lunarphaselength = 0
    agingstagelengthchild = 7
    enablememories = 1
    advancedrendering = 1
    pseudoresolution = 0,0
    enableingamestore = 0
    audiooutputmode = 1
    enablestoryprogression = 1
    summerlength = 7
    drawdistance = 2
    summerenabled = 1
    postfilterflags = 0
    fogenabled = 1
    forcesquarepixels = 1
    enablewerewolves = 0
    simwhileminimized = 0
    enableoptoutceleb = 0
    agingstagelengthcatelder = 0
    agingstagelengthteen = 14
    generalreflections = 0
    enabletelemetry = 0
    enablehorses = 0
    ambientmute = 0
    voicemute = 0
    enablecelebrities = 0
    texturequality = 2
    animationsmoothing = 1

If I did any of this wrong or I missed anything, I apologize. Just ask and I'll give you the needed additional info. Thank you in advance <3
  • Options
    ZendichezZendichez Posts: 4 New Member
    Hi there! When I download CC, some files show up in-game, but others don't. For example, one mod I really want fixes the Proper trait to give you a larger bonus for well-decorated rooms (rather than the vanilla, smaller bonus), but doesn't show up in-game even when some others do (not all though, I have other mods that also don't show up).
    I've already deleted and recreated my Mods folder multiple times, I've tried putting the mod in both the Packages folder and the Overrides folder (oddly enough, my Mods folder would always delete itself as soon as I booted up the game if I put it in the Overrides folder. I have no idea why) with no success, my Resource.cfg file is in order, and I always make sure to delete the appropriate cache files whenever I do anything with my mod files. I'm really running out of options here, any help would be greatly appreciated!
  • Options
    Kaydenplayssims4Kaydenplayssims4 Posts: 2 New Member
    > @Zendichez said:
    > Hi there! When I download CC, some files show up in-game, but others don't. For example, one mod I really want fixes the Proper trait to give you a larger bonus for well-decorated rooms (rather than the vanilla, smaller bonus), but doesn't show up in-game even when some others do (not all though, I have other mods that also don't show up).
    > I've already deleted and recreated my Mods folder multiple times, I've tried putting the mod in both the Packages folder and the Overrides folder (oddly enough, my Mods folder would always delete itself as soon as I booted up the game if I put it in the Overrides folder. I have no idea why) with no success, my Resource.cfg file is in order, and I always make sure to delete the appropriate cache files whenever I do anything with my mod files. I'm really running out of options here, any help would be greatly appreciated!

Are you only putting package files in there? Are you making sure to unzip any zip or rar files?
  • Options
    ZendichezZendichez Posts: 4 New Member
    > @Kaydenplayssims4 said:
    > > @Zendichez said:
    > > Hi there! When I download CC, some files show up in-game, but others don't. For example, one mod I really want fixes the Proper trait to give you a larger bonus for well-decorated rooms (rather than the vanilla, smaller bonus), but doesn't show up in-game even when some others do (not all though, I have other mods that also don't show up).
    > > I've already deleted and recreated my Mods folder multiple times, I've tried putting the mod in both the Packages folder and the Overrides folder (oddly enough, my Mods folder would always delete itself as soon as I booted up the game if I put it in the Overrides folder. I have no idea why) with no success, my Resource.cfg file is in order, and I always make sure to delete the appropriate cache files whenever I do anything with my mod files. I'm really running out of options here, any help would be greatly appreciated!
    >
    > Are you only putting package files in there? Are you making sure to unzip any zip or rar files?

There are none. The mod is one zip file, which I then open, and the only thing in there is the package file. This is true of all 29 mods I have installed (they're all fixes, not physical content like furniture or hair).
  • Options
    StregoicadiStregoicadi Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi guys. I have a new computer and I bought the sims 3 with all the dlc from steam. But I didn't know you have to make the game recognize new graphics cards. I tried tweaking graphics files from the tutorials but I can't make sure it recognizes it because I don't have the deviceconfig file.

Now I get black screens all the time and the game crashes. The crash log analyzer says it's because of custom content but I don't want to play this game if I can't use them :(

And I read somewhere that pets expansion makes all the old cc invalid or something. Is that true? I didn't have pets before and I could play just fine with the same CC.
  • Options
    CBeyondBooksCBeyondBooks Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi all, thanks in advance for any help :)

I recently redownloaded the Late Night EP and I'm trying to add some of the bars to Sunset Valley. However, none of the sims (NPCs or my own sims) are able to even enter the building. They get angry, the no sign appears over a little picture of the door in their thought bubble, and that's it. When I enter build mode, it says the item is in use. I've tried resetting the lot, resetting the entire town, bulldozing the entire site and starting again, removing all my CC and mods, but no luck. It seems any building with an elevator is an issue since they're able to enter the single-story bars.

Any help or suggestions welcome! :)
  • Options
    jordanmugjordanmug Posts: 1 New Member
    In Shang Simla the Hot Springs and Dragon Springs lot are completely messed up by the terrain. Has there been any fix/workaround to this?
  • Options
    Mouseyx7Mouseyx7 Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi! New to the forums but not the game.. I was JUST able to get the sims 3 on my pc (I had it on ps3, lol) and I have the sims 3 on disc for my oc, along with the Late night expansion pack on disc, I was wondering if I buy sims 3 pets on a disc will I be able to use both of my expansion packs or can I only use the one with the disc that I will put in?
    Thanks in advance!!
  • Options
    lisasc360lisasc360 Posts: 19,286 Member
    Mouseyx7 wrote: »
    Hi! New to the forums but not the game.. I was JUST able to get the sims 3 on my pc (I had it on ps3, lol) and I have the sims 3 on disc for my oc, along with the Late night expansion pack on disc, I was wondering if I buy sims 3 pets on a disc will I be able to use both of my expansion packs or can I only use the one with the disc that I will put in?
    Thanks in advance!!

@Mouseyx7, Once you have installed the base game and the expansions, then you can play with both of them at the same time. Just remember that when you add Pets to your game that you will need to put in the Pets cd to start the game unless your launcher is patched up to the 1.69 which ties the Sims game to Origin to start your game.

I will call @Karritz over here to this thread as she can explain it better than I can... :)

I hope this helps... :)
  • Options
    KarritzKarritz Posts: 21,923 Member
    edited September 2022
    @Mouseyx7 Hello. Each expansion pack and stuff pack adds to the content in your game after you install it.

You need to be careful to avoid adding more than your computer can handle. There are others who are more up to date with the technical requirements than I am. You will need a dedicated graphics card and sufficient memory. The game can't use more than 4GB of memory, but you will need enough to run the computer as well.

If you use the disk version of the game and are not linked to Origin then you will need to have the latest released disk in the drive to play. It isn't the last disk you installed, you need to know the order of release of each expansion and stuff pack.

This is the order of release.

World Adventures
    High End Loft Stuff
    Ambitions
    Fast Lane Stuff
    Late Night
    Outdoor Living stuff
    Generations
    Town Life Stuff
    Pets
    Master Suite Stuff
    Showtime
    Katy Perry's Sweet Treats
    Diesel Stuff
    Supernatural
    Seasons
    70s 80s 90s Stuff
    University Life
    Island Paradise
    Movie Stuff
    Into the Future

You say you have Late Night and Pets. Therefore it is the Pets disk you'll need.

But I believe this doesn't apply to a game if you are using Origin. All base games released after about September 2012 require Origin. So, unless you have managed to get hold of an old Base Game disk, you probably don't need to worry about the order of release.

The thing you do need to worry about it the ability of your computer to handle the game. You will probably be able to play the game happily on most computers but if the computer is under powered it will eventually destroy the computer.

I hope you enjoy your game.

Happy Simming
    Post edited by Karritz on
  • Options
    Thank you @Karritz for coming over and explaining this better than I can as my mind just couldn't remember how it was with the game discs... :)
  • Options
    brandonfavebrandonfave Posts: 17 Member
    Every time I start up the launcher, my packs don't show up and then they are disabled the next time I start it again. Also, ever since moving to EA Desktop, I have had to reinstall all of my Store content every time I start the game, and then it repeatedly asks me to log in. It's as if EA is deliberately trying to break the game to get us all on The Sims 4 or even the upcoming The Sims 5.
  • Options
    lunar_s0ulslunar_s0uls Posts: 4 New Member
    I was wondering if you can actually watch the videos you upload to TS3 website. I can look at my screenshots just fine but when I click on a video it opens a white box with the videos title in the middle.

I was redirected to here from the Answers HQ
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/How-do-I-watch-the-videos-I-uploaded-to-TS3-website/m-p/11959289#M252959
  • Options
    WolfGirlWolfGirl Posts: 37 Member
    I'm having trouble starting my Sims 3 game. I recently got the EA app since Origin will no longer exist but everytime I go to launch Sims 3, it minimizes the launcher but then brings it back seconds later. Someone plz help me.
  • Options
    WolfGirl wrote: »
    I'm having trouble starting my Sims 3 game. I recently got the EA app since Origin will no longer exist but everytime I go to launch Sims 3, it minimizes the launcher but then brings it back seconds later. Someone plz help me.

@WolfGirl, you may want to report this issue over on the AHQ page where they have a forum set up for issues with the EA app.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion/bd-p/ea-app-general-discussion-en

As well as checking the The Sims 3 section on the AHQ site to see if others have this problem or to find a solution on.
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues-PC/bd-p/the-sims-3
  • Options
    miababyymiababyy Posts: 7 New Member
    hi! so i know there is a thread for 'how to find the sims 3 expansion packs on origin' but i still cannot find my exspansion packs. when i go under game details, none of them show up. i have bought the sims 3 starter pack and seasons, so there should be some showing up there.
  • Options
    RodJohnRodJohn Posts: 406 Member
    Hello! Long time player here. I used to hang around the forum quite a bit, but I haven't had the chance to game in a few years. TS3 holds a special place in my heart; however, so I'm happy to finally be getting back into it. Only, I feel like I've forgotten everything I knew!

My old rig died around 2020. I just recently ordered a new system (hasn't arrived yet) and I'm wanting to get back into TS3. My specs are:

Processor: Intel Core i5-12600K (4.9 GHz Turbo) (16-Thread) (10-Core) 3.7 GHz (Alder Lake)
    Motherboard: ASUS / MSI / ASRock (Intel Chipset) (Up to 2x PCI-E Devices)
    System Memory: 16GB DDR4 Digital Storm Performance Series
    Power Supply: 700W Digital Storm Performance Series
    Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (1TB Digital Storm M.2 Performance Series)
    Internet Access: Wireless Connectivity (Supports 802.11ac) (Integrated Motherboard Wi-Fi)
    Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce RTX 3070 8GB (VR Ready)
    Sound Card: Integrated Motherboard Audio
    Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Digital Storm Vortex Liquid CPU Cooler (Dual Fan)
    Chassis Fans: Digital Storm Performance Series (RGB Fans)

The thing is, I have an old save somewhere on an external HD that I put a TON of time into over the years. It had the perfect game style (for me) already set up, but hasn't been touched since ~2019. I'm wondering if I can salvage that or should I start fresh? Essentially, I'm wondering if theres a guide/video/post somewhere that would walk me through HOW I should do this, beginning-to-end, before I even start to download anything.

I don't even remember all the mods I need or how to use a fps limiter - I used to be a whiz at both. Any help?

• Options
    CevinKeyCevinKey Posts: 1 New Member
    Origin will not download Sims 3 University... is this due to the transition to the EA App and should resolve in the future? If not, how can I fix this... I've attempted clearing the cache and originally downloaded the EA app, didn't work. S
  • Options
    ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I came to this thread hoping to see better news about the EA App and Sims3 but what I have seen so far keeps me playing my sims3 only offline until and unless I start seeing that people are finally able to play Sims3 with EA App fine.

Surely EA would not stoop to deliberately breaking sims3 to force people to abandon it. After all, the store content and worlds still cost a ridiculous amount for their age, yet people are still willing to pay, if we can only have our gaming experience left undisturbed. I was planning to get another couple of worlds I don't yet have, and finish "buying the store" now that the whole game and all its objects can run fine on modern systems.

The thought that I spent well over $100 on this game and that if I dare go online on that particular PC, it might be taken from me with no recourse, is horrible.

Really hoping to soon hear that sims3 players will be reporting all is now well.

I start to envy Lazy Game Reviewer his stash of new old-stock pcs, peripherals, and software.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • Options
    ShinyEeveeShinyEevee Posts: 1 New Member
    Hello. I am trying to mod Sims 3 but I've been really struggling with loading issues. I'm playing on the Steam Deck with Pets and no other expansion. It will not load into the town at all, getting stuck by a few inches. I don't know what to try.
  • Options
    CAROLPRICE1963CAROLPRICE1963 Posts: 16 New Member
    I cannot log into the game so I can download. I gotten new computer 2022 and my old computer has all my sim 3....my password and email is the same I log in Community.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top