Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

the worst part about the eco pack no new whims

this really bums me out whims wants and wishes is what makes a sims game a sims game the only thing that makes sims 4
still playable for me is that we still have the old whims if sims 5 does not have them I know for sure I'm not buying
more for sim kids and more drama please

Comments

• Options
    xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    How do you know there won't be any new whims?
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    xMyrthe wrote: »
    How do you know there won't be any new whims?

because there hasn't been any new whims for four packs now its pretty clear they don't support them any more @xMyrthe
  • Options
    xMyrthexMyrthe Posts: 56 Member
    @comicsforlife Oh, I had no idea! I don't have most of the new packs. That sucks, I love the whims. I always wondered why you had to turn them on manually, but I guess this explains it. They're always super generic, and sometimes my sim completes them super random. Like she can be asleep and suddenly I get a bunch of points because the game thinks she met somebody new?
  • Options
    jimbbqjimbbq Posts: 2,734 Member
    I gave up on whims.
  • Options
    KaeChan2089KaeChan2089 Posts: 4,944 Member
    Anywho, to the OP, I understand, it's kinda stupid that they gave up on something that is apart of the game...like why did they add them in the first place if they are just gonna drop them all together.
  • Options
    xMyrthe wrote: »
    @comicsforlife Oh, I had no idea! I don't have most of the new packs. That sucks, I love the whims. I always wondered why you had to turn them on manually, but I guess this explains it. They're always super generic, and sometimes my sim completes them super random. Like she can be asleep and suddenly I get a bunch of points because the game thinks she met somebody new?

there's a mod that adds some new whims and I'm grateful they did it but its sad that they had to its called the sims 4 whim overhaul mod
    if your interested @xMyrthe it also fixes some bugs
  • Options
    ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    Once they gave us the option to disable whims (which I have done in my game), that was pretty much the sign they weren't going to be making anymore. I didn't mind them in previous iterations, but they seem absolutely useless and annoying in TS4 personally.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Whims are just for getting points anyway.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Scoring points from whims to collect reward traits is how I play. Shame it's being abandoned.
  • Options
    SimAlexandriaSimAlexandria Posts: 4,845 Member
    I keep whims turned off so didn't really know there hadn't been any but I hope for you guys that there are some after all.
  • Options
    Sigzy05Sigzy05 Posts: 19,406 Member
    edited May 2020
    I REALLY hope they can bring back wants and fears and revamp the whole system....it's been in their surveys lately and I always put max interest on them, but I'm probably the only one that does that.... :\

As they are now...while they aren't terrible, they're not great either and the lack of implementation of new whims with the newest packs is alarming.
    mHdgPlU.jpg?1
  • Options
    NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    Maybe. But I don't think we have enough information about this pack to determine that this will be the worst thing about it. However, if this turns out to be the worst thing - color me impressed.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • Options
    SmellincoffeeSmellincoffee Posts: 963 Member
    Has any simguru ever commented on why they don't push whims anymore? One update actually turned them OFF and to me it was like walking around with one boot off....
  • Options
    Has any simguru ever commented on why they don't push whims anymore? One update actually turned them OFF and to me it was like walking around with one boot off....

you can turn them back on in options no but I wish they would @Smellincoffee
  • Options
    Sigzy05 wrote: »
    I REALLY hope they can bring back wants and fears and revamp the whole system....it's been in their surveys lately and I always put max interest on them, but I'm probably the only one that does that.... :\

As they are now...while they aren't terrible, they're not great either and the lack of implementation of new whims with the newest packs is alarming.

I agree and hope so to @Sigzy05 I would have why more fun with the new pack if it had whims
  • Options
    Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    jimbbq wrote: »
    I gave up on whims.

So did Maxis.

Why not repurpose the system along with rewards to feel more meaningful, Maxis?
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I agree. I'm still sad that there is no whims relating to university, conservation or maybe wanting to be a mermaid or spellcaster. I absolutely love whims in the sims. My game play revolves around making my sims happy and whims are like my guide for how to do exactly that. I think it's disgusting that they're treated like they don't matter when they're actually a fairly important part of game play.
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,616 Member
    Make up your own whims. :D
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    x3vZicL.gif
  • Options
    CherryBerryCloudCherryBerryCloud Posts: 689 Member
    edited September 2020
    Deleted
    Post edited by CherryBerryCloud on
    Though my soul may set in darkness, it will rise in perfect light;
    I have loved the stars too truly to be fearful of the night.

Ha'aheo, e hoʻomau i kō kāua aloha, kau a kau.
  • Options
    Kniga_SitaraKniga_Sitara Posts: 414 Member
    :( I love whimps and fearsfrom TS2... I do not like it int TS4, but I use it! because I need satisfaction point and it is soma, what si show me road for paly some sims!
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited May 2020
    Whims have been improved recently, at least in my game. I'm getting three again instead of only two, and they seem to be more relevant. I suppose it could just be luck, but it's nice. :)

Removed quoted post. ~Rtas
    Post edited by EA_Rtas on
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    EA_RtasEA_Rtas Posts: 2,875 EA Community Manager
    Folks let's leave it out with the digs at other people for looking forward to or not looking forward to the upcoming pack. As long as they are abiding by the forum rules they are entitled to have their opinion about the pack one way or the other.
  • Options
    ladybugjosie23ladybugjosie23 Posts: 166 Member
    I never play with whims, i didnt in earlier games either... i honestly dont do them... plus the annoying one with the beehive drove me crazy when i tried to turn them on... like random much... she lived on sulani and her aspiration was beach life, and all she wanted was a beehive, even when i kept clicking it off... they were not for me so i didnt even know there had not been any new ones... i am sorry for you who enjoy them and hope you get some of them back...
  • Options
    ElliandreElliandre Posts: 2,468 Member
    I love the whims too! I didn't realize there were no new ones created in the last few packs. I don't think they would permanently abandon such a core feature. I'm still hoping they will add more in this upcoming expansion pack or give the system a revamp at some point. I mean, they could even do that with a patch really, add a few new whims in there with the next patch.
  • Options
    LenaDietersLenaDieters Posts: 254 Member
    I wish they changed the whim feature to a wants/fears one from Sims 2, which was much more personalised to the sim