Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Winter Retreat game pack?

124...Next

Comments

• Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Sadly it's not this game pack, however from October onwards the roadmap will be over so anything could be released in the last few months of the year! A November release is still pretty likely and would make more sense than August to be honest :)
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,128 Member
    I don't mind a Winter Pack as long as they add Werewolves to it.
  • Options
    EliasVersaceEliasVersace Posts: 477 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

Werewolves on Ice is something I'd definitely pay to see.
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »

It was so great in TS3 when every pack came with a new occult so everyone (occult/fantasy AND mundane players and combined players) got what they wanted.
  • Options
    Onverser wrote: »
    Sadly it's not this game pack, however from October onwards the roadmap will be over so anything could be released in the last few months of the year! A November release is still pretty likely and would make more sense than August to be honest :)

I don't know, I think "winter fun" or something like that would be more fitting for a GP and is really small for an EP.

If it's an EP I expect an overall vacation EP that comes with a vacation mountain wintery world AND a tropical beach vacation summer world, new pool items (slide, children can play with floaties) and & interactions (waterball match, marco polo etc), beach volleyball, skiing, sledding, snowboarding AND as the new big feature: a hotel system that works in residential AND vacation worlds...
  • Options
    catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    edited August 2020
    They could get more in in an Expansion which would probably involve resorts. I'm also expecting more cabins as well. We first got those in Outdoor Retreat.
  • Options
    edited August 2020

I hope we will get a new roadmap. It was so exciting to look at the picture and speculate. I also love the future cube messages, I hope they will keep this feature!
  • Options
    SeanBobbyGSeanBobbyG Posts: 112 Member
    edited August 2020
    I don’t see a winter world as an expansion I’ve no idea why I just don’t. I mean it makes sense for it to be the next pack in November if we get one but idk I feel a winter pack is only good as a game pack. If you get a few destinations and the running of hotels then maybe it would make sense. I’d rather have a more substantial pack now like generations / country living especially after skipping knitting and Star Wars.
  • Options
    username3645937username3645937 Posts: 130 Member
    I want the Winter Expansion a LOT :D . Now THAT would make me excited. Farming bores me , everyones different though @SeanBobbyG
    Keeping it COOL, calm & collected <3

Anticipating Sims 5.... : P
  • Options
    SeanBobbyG wrote: »
    I don’t see a winter world as an expansion I’ve no idea why I just don’t. I mean it makes sense for it to be the next pack in November if we get one but idk I feel a winter pack is only good as a game pack. If you get a few destinations and the running of hotels then maybe it would make sense. I’d rather have a more substantial pack now like generations / country living especially after skipping knitting and Star Wars.

Perhaps winter activities come with a Generations EP.
  • Options
    PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    EA wants new buyers to their game and I can see how a winter pack could appeal to them, slalom, snow balls, making snow men and all the other things that is snow related
  • Options
    SeanBobbyG wrote: »
    I don’t see a winter world as an expansion I’ve no idea why I just don’t. I mean it makes sense for it to be the next pack in November if we get one but idk I feel a winter pack is only good as a game pack.

Yeah, I've always thought of it as a game pack. All of the other vacation worlds are game packs so it makes more sense, I don't see a single vacation world ever being an EP.

From what I understand the survey suggesting it as an EP was before seasons so I think that's the only reason it was ever suggested as an EP. Vacation worlds are game packs, that's how it's been for the whole time and I don't see that changing.

I'd expect the pack to be a world similar to outdoor retreat, but with snow and a more alpine feel with lots of warm clothing and decor that fits with the alpine theme, maybe things like ice fishing, ice skating on frozen lakes, one of the travel things to the top of the mountain (brain fart can't remember the name) and then that'd be another neighborhood
  • Options
    SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    I think it's safe to say a Winter Themed pack is coming our way (especially after the winter survey!). The question is more 'when' than 'if' at this point. Winter Retreats would fit in perfectly in my opinion, so let's hope!
    Z5yqGx5.png
  • Options
    Aaaand it was right! (Just as an EP instead) :)
  • Options
    SupersonicAvalancheSupersonicAvalanche Posts: 3,307 Member
    Aaaand it was right! (Just as an EP instead) :)

So awesome that it's finally confirmed! (:
    Z5yqGx5.png